PDA

View Full Version : TF:ROTF Poster and brief plot synopsis

kup
19th August 2008, 11:31 AM
Note: There is a reasonable possibility that this poster and synopsis may be fake or part of the disinformation campaign.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-poster/13763/

SPOILERS:

The battle for Earth has ended but the battle for the universe has just begun. After returning to Cybertron, Starscream assumes command of the Decepticons, and has decided to return to Earth with force. The Autobots believing that peace was possible finds out that Megatron’s dead body has been stolen from the US Military by Skorpinox and revives him using his own spark. Now Megatron is back seeking revenge and with Starscream and more Decepticon reinforcements on the way, the Autobots with reinforcements of their own, may have more to deal with then meets the eye.

There is a strong possibility that the above may be fake as it gives away too much of the plot and it seems to have been written by Bay who has consistently made the mistake of calling Scorponok "Skorpinox" in the past and claims to be running a disinformation campaign.

Pulse
19th August 2008, 11:36 AM
So if Scorponok was used instead of "Skorpinox", would the fandom be more inclined to believe it?

kup
19th August 2008, 11:40 AM
So if Scorponok was used instead of "Skorpinox", would the fandom be more inclined to believe it?

Not really as it could have been made by a more knowledgeable fan.

However something that I learned following the production of the previous movie is that Bay is not very smart at describing and promoting the plot of his own movie. There is a good chance that this may be real even though it gives away what may be the first quarter of the movie just as the trailer for the first gave away many of the movies 'surprises'.

kurdt_the_goat
19th August 2008, 11:45 AM
I've read that before, i think it originally came from IMDB, months ago...

Pulse
19th August 2008, 11:50 AM
I've read that before, i think it originally came from IMDB, months ago...

I think you mean here (http://hoyts.ninemsn.com.au/movie/2971.asp)

sifun
19th August 2008, 01:35 PM
scorpinok barely has a spark. Megatron would be a dimwit mindless drone if scorpinok could do that.

kup
19th August 2008, 01:59 PM
I think you mean here (http://hoyts.ninemsn.com.au/movie/2971.asp)

I didn't know about that one, so is it real? If its old then its highly inaccurately as the script wasn't even finished not that long ago.

Gutsman Heavy
19th August 2008, 02:01 PM
THIS again?

kup
19th August 2008, 02:19 PM
THIS again?

It seems to be news on the other fan sites.

PirateCop
19th August 2008, 04:24 PM
looks extremely fake with such a basic picture and sounds worse

jaydisc
19th August 2008, 04:32 PM
Every time I see the acronym of this movie in writing I think:

Transformers 2: ROTF[LOL]

It's as if the review is built into the title :D

Bartrim
19th August 2008, 07:58 PM
Every time I see the acronym of this movie in writing I think:

Transformers 2: ROTF[LOL]

It's as if the review is built into the title :D

Exactly what I thought. Leaves them wide open for funny review titles if the movie sucks.

PirateCop
19th August 2008, 10:40 PM
they shoulda called it transformers: the decepticons strike back or attack of the go-bots

FFN
20th August 2008, 09:20 AM
Seibertron has deleted the news, but I assume its that poster of Prime looking into the sky.

If its that poster, evidently few people noticed the CG was from the video game and that it used the old design of Prime, not the final movie design.

kup
20th August 2008, 10:20 AM
they shoulda called it transformers: the decepticons strike back or attack of the go-bots

I would have loved to see the latter!

'Revenge of the Fallen' is a very generic title and goes hand in hand with Bay's overall style. I am not expecting anything great here as you need great ingredients to cook a great meal but I am looking forward to a decent action movie.

i_amtrunks
20th August 2008, 10:55 AM
Seibertron has deleted the news, but I assume its that poster of Prime looking into the sky.

If its that poster, evidently few people noticed the CG was from the video game and that it used the old design of Prime, not the final movie design.

Thats the one, and thats the reason why it was deleted too.

Tommy K
20th August 2008, 02:21 PM
its a fanmade heres a link http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2008/08/fan-made-optimus-prime-posters.html

Saintly
27th August 2008, 04:44 PM
very nicely made -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yhNBSzZaDo

but fake

Gutsman Heavy
27th August 2008, 05:47 PM
If only Mechagodzilla and X-men were in TF2 for real :)

Robzy
28th August 2008, 03:16 PM
That was great! :D

Pulse
28th August 2008, 03:22 PM
That was an awesome mismash of a trailer! :) (but Trypticon as a zord? :p)

kup
28th August 2008, 06:48 PM
That fan trailer was freaking awesome! Too bad that the first movie didn't have that same epic feel.

The second probably won't either as is not a Bay's style :(

SilverDragon
29th August 2008, 07:15 PM
Scorpinox is to Scorponok what Galvatron is to Megatron.

I think.