PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Comics For November 2008 From IDW

griffin
19th August 2008, 03:01 PM
Cover scans can be seen here:
http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=208&itemid=12006

The Transformers Spotlight: Blurr
Shane McCarthy (w) • Casey Coller (a) • Coller, Trevor Hutchison (c)
It was a time before the Great War, and Cybertron was experiencing the end of its Golden Age and was in desperate
need of heroes. Instead, it found itself with celebrities, the greatest of which was Blurr. But change is swift,
and Blurr was faced with a decision that could send Cybertron into its darkest age.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Transformers Spotlight: Optimus Prime 3-D Edition
Simon Furman (w) • Don Figueroa (a) • Ray Zone (3-D effects) • Thomas Hoon (c)
Re-presenting Spotlight OPTIMUS PRIME in glorious full-color 3-D! Get ready to see Prime in a way you never have
before! To those under his command, he is an island, forever stood apart, aloof. In times of dire personal crisis
he has no one to turn to… save one. Guest-starring OMEGA SUPREME!
FC • 32 pages • $5.99

The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #5
Shane McCarthy (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Guidi, Trevor Hutchison (c)
The AUTOBOTS make a shocking discovery on their home planet of CYBERTRON that could be their greatest hope, or
their worst nightmare. This is an issue of startling discoveries as a secret is revealed that will shake the
foundation of the AUTOBOT cause and a brand-new TRANSFORMER makes his first appearance!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for a special incentive
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Animated: The Arrival #4
Marty Isenberg (w) • Dario Brizuela, Boo (a) • Marcelo Matere, Josh Burcham (c)
BULKHEAD is up in arms (or is it servos?) over a gas-guzzling “megavan” created by corporate slimeball Porter C.
Powell. Also, DECEPTICON bounty hunter LOCKDOWN searches for “the AUTOBOT who put MEGATRON offline” and stumbles
into a surprising and dangerous encounter along the way.
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream TPB
Chris Mowry (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne (c)
When MEGATRON falls in battle, STARSCREAM assumes the role of DECEPTICON leader on Earth. Mustering his surviving
allies, he sets out to put his own plan in motion. But before he can do that, he’ll need to retrieve a fallen
comrade, carry out a plan of revenge, and leave the Earth to meet up with a major player in the DECEPTICON army.
Picking up where the film ended, “The Reign of Starscream” also reveals the fates of other surviving film
characters, as writer Chris Mowry and artist Alex Milne present a tale of intrigue, betrayal, and dark ambition
featuring both old and all-new TRANSFORMERS characters.
TPB • FC • 136 pages • $19.99

Transformers Best of the UK: Time Wars #4
Simon Furman (w) • Dan Reed (a) • Dan Khanna (c)
A clash of future and present day threatens to tear apart the fabric of time itself! In this penultimate issue,
GALVATRON teams with MEGATRON to take on the combined might of the Autobot WRECKERS and the Decepticon MAYHEM
ATTACK SQUAD!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

STL
19th August 2008, 04:20 PM
Whoa, was the world exactly asking for a reprint in 3D even if it was by Don Figueroa. Or is this IDW's answer to the fact that they can't get him to do any more work?

autobreadticon
19th August 2008, 10:06 PM
Was there ever a tf:Spotlight book combined into one book with mutiple spotlight comics ???

griffin
20th August 2008, 01:30 AM
Was there ever a tf:Spotlight book combined into one book with mutiple spotlight comics ???

There have been two released so far, each compiling 5 Spotlight stories.
They often do compilations in lots of 6 with the various ongoing series, probably to match up with the 6-issue structure (and compilations) of their mini-series, so it sounds a little 'cheap' only getting 5 in the Spotlight compilations.

Anyway, there is a third Spotlight compilation that was just listed in Previews in July, which means it should be out some time in September.

Just looking it up, these are the Spotlights so far released:
(note - IDW didn't actually number the issues, so that it didn't put off people buying a current issue thinking it was part of a continueous series. Each ties into their other TFs series and mini-series, but can stand alone as a one-off story)
(Compilation 1 - Out May 2007)
1 - Shockwave
2 - Nightbeat
3 - Hot Rod
4 - Sixshot
5 - Ultra Magnus
(Compilation 2 - Out Feb 2008)
6 - Soundwave
7 - Kup
8 - Galvatron
9 - Optimus Prime
10 - Ramjet
(Compilation 3 - Sept 2008)
11 - Blaster
12 - Arcee
13 - Mirage
14 - Grimlock
15 - Wheelie
(Compilation 4? - may only comprise the 4 issues that make up the 'Revelations' story arc)
16 - Cyclonus
17 - Hardhead
18 - Doubledealer
19 - Sideswipe
(future known Spotlight, that might be part of the above 4 in their compilation.
20 - Blurr

Links below have spoilers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers:_Spotlight
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Spotlight
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers:_Revelation

i_amtrunks
20th August 2008, 11:10 AM
I'm thinking the Revelations Spotlights will be kept as a 4 parter, but not sure if it will be made as a trade in the name "Spotlight collection #4" or "Revelations".

I'm liking the idea of the 3D comic, but Prime would not have been my first choice for 3D-ing.

Paulbot
20th August 2008, 12:24 PM
They often do compilations in lots of 6 with the various ongoing series, probably to match up with the 6-issue structure (and compilations) of their mini-series, so it sounds a little 'cheap' only getting 5 in the Spotlight compilations.

But the Spotlight issues are each longer than a regular issue, so the total page count between 6 issues of Escalation and 5 issues of Spotlights is pretty much the same.

Autobreadticon, I might be selling my copies of the first two Spotlight collections if you're interested in them?

autobreadticon
20th August 2008, 12:29 PM
thanks for the help guys

STL
20th August 2008, 10:47 PM
But the Spotlight issues are each longer than a regular issue, so the total page count between 6 issues of Escalation and 5 issues of Spotlights is pretty much the same.

Autobreadticon, I might be selling my copies of the first two Spotlight collections if you're interested in them?

I never knew the Spotlights had more pages in them. Most go back and count! Maybe that's why the read better...

i_amtrunks
21st August 2008, 10:10 AM
Shane McCarthy's Blog (http://www.smactalk.com.au/) has just a touch more info on Spotlight: Blurr.

looks like it is set before the Great War in Cybertron's Golden Age. Nice to see the flipside of Cybertron in contrast to the Megatron: Origins series.

Pulse
21st August 2008, 10:52 AM
Even back then, I hope Blurr still spoke at a million words a minute... :D

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/neonicX/Blurr1.jpg *what?*

GoktimusPrime
21st August 2008, 09:55 PM
It's interesting how this would make Blurr a pretty darn old Autobot in the IDW universe whereas in G1 he was a relative youngster ("only" 14 million years old). ;)

i_amtrunks
22nd August 2008, 02:24 PM
It's interesting how this would make Blurr a pretty darn old Autobot in the IDW universe whereas in G1 he was a relative youngster ("only" 14 million years old). ;)

Thats if he survives his Spotlight...

(if he didnt, he would join Ramjet and possibly Hardhead, as the IDW characters to die in their own Spotlight)

kup
22nd August 2008, 02:55 PM

(if he didnt, he would join Ramjet and possibly Hardhead, as the IDW characters to die in their own Spotlight)

Thanks for the Spoiler :mad:

Paulbot
22nd August 2008, 02:58 PM

I don't think we've seen the last of Hardhead yet... (nor Nightbeat for that matter)

Maybe Blurr will be a bit like Flash and be too fast that he comes unstuck from time?

i_amtrunks
22nd August 2008, 03:01 PM
I don't think we've seen the last of Hardhead yet...

To be honest neither do I

Maybe Blurr will be a bit like Flash and be too fast that he comes unstuck from time?

Hey I like that theory!

roller
22nd August 2008, 09:15 PM
wooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Blurr has a comic of his own!!!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Blurr!

Best character ever!!!!!

Bring on spotlight Rapido and Thunderclash!

liegeprime
22nd August 2008, 10:55 PM
Sheesh I didnt even know Sideswipe had a Spotlight!! When did it come out? must try to get one, erm anybody ever found the last copy of Devastation series... The local comics shops i Sydney and Parra are empty of it :(. I dont wanna buy a whole TPB when its only the last issue Im missing in the series.

Lord_Zed
23rd August 2008, 01:20 AM
I don't think we've seen the last of Hardhead yet... (nor Nightbeat for that matter)

I hope we haven't seen the last of Hardhead, his spotlight actualy gave him some character, and it wasn't just a re-hash of Ironhide or some other gruff Autobot

i_amtrunks
23rd August 2008, 11:11 AM
Sheesh I didnt even know Sideswipe had a Spotlight!! When did it come out? must try to get one, erm anybody ever found the last copy of Devastation series... The local comics shops i Sydney and Parra are empty of it :(. I dont wanna buy a whole TPB when its only the last issue Im missing in the series.

Sideswipe gets his Spotlight next month, to finish the IDW Furmanverse as we know it (thanks to the crappy AHM).

Perhaps an online order from a UK or US based comic store is the way to go for Devastation #6?

Paulbot
23rd August 2008, 11:14 AM
Sheesh I didnt even know Sideswipe had a Spotlight!! When did it come out? must try to get one.

The Sideswipe spotlight hasn't come out yet. It's the fourth in the current series, and the third one - Doubledealer - only came out this week.

roller
24th August 2008, 03:09 PM
is the optimus 3d a reprint of the Optimus Spotlight?

i_amtrunks
25th August 2008, 12:15 PM
is the optimus 3d a reprint of the Optimus Spotlight?

Damn straight.

What style of 2d printing it will be has not been disclosed yet.