PDA

View Full Version : Loyal Subjects at EB Games - Buy 15 for the price of 1!

Facepunches
18th August 2014, 04:44 PM
So I gotta say I am more than partial to the Loyal Subject line of TF minifigures however I have been quite unlucky collecting the set. As I bumbled about the internets I noticed that EB games has Series 1 of the Loyal Subjects line for $1.00 each (down from $15.00). Now this is very much a case of 'check in store' but it's still a sweet deal.

If in your adventures you should happen across a duplicate Grimlock, OP or Starscream and like mailing things to Brisbane, that would really help this guy out!

Good luck, and get in quick!

autobreadticon
18th August 2014, 05:12 PM
NOW THATS A SPICY MEATBALL

UltraMarginal
18th August 2014, 05:15 PM
I've just looked up "loyal subjects" on their website and the only listing is a nemesis prime for $128.

Facepunches
18th August 2014, 05:41 PM
Here you go!

https://www.ebgames.com.au/loot-163616-Transformers-Blind-Box-Loot

Starscream77
18th August 2014, 05:43 PM
You can check which stores have stock as well, nothing close to me unfortunately.

Wetherill Park, Liverpool or Burwood only thing close but nothing I can get near this week

Bidoofdude
18th August 2014, 05:48 PM
Do they have codes or serial numbers to tell which figure? I only want the Thundercracker.

griffin
18th August 2014, 05:49 PM
(edited title - topic titles shouldn't be vague in the news sections)

UltraMarginal
18th August 2014, 06:00 PM
they are true blind box items so no serial numbers, hence why I've not got any yet, I would like a Jazz so I'll probably buy a couple and try my luck for a dollar each.

thanks for the heads up.

Bidoofdude
18th August 2014, 06:07 PM
they are true blind box items so no serial numbers, hence why I've not got any yet, I would like a Jazz so I'll probably buy a couple and try my luck for a dollar each.

thanks for the heads up.

None of the first wave look bad per say, but I'd like to get the one I want first try. I could always buy a bunch, seeing as they're a dollar. Slag from Wave 2 looks nice, but I don't think that's part of the offer.

BigTransformerTrev
18th August 2014, 07:03 PM
I saw these at EB. Aren't they the same as the little Thrilling 30 figures from TRU? If different may have to head back to the store

griffin
18th August 2014, 07:13 PM
I saw these at EB. Aren't they the same as the little Thrilling 30 figures from TRU? If different may have to head back to the store

Different things and different company producing them.
The Loyal Subjects figures are about 4-5 times the size of those 30th figurines.

BigTransformerTrev
18th August 2014, 07:18 PM
Different things and different company producing them.
The Loyal Subjects figures are about 4-5 times the size of those 30th figurines.

Ah, thought they were the same so only gave them a cursory glance and wasn't really paying attention - bugger!

Sinnertwin
18th August 2014, 07:32 PM

ARe you thinking of the Goldie Figures? (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=18216)
I don't remember seeing the Loyal Subjects at TrU

Edit:Nevermind :p

BigTransformerTrev
18th August 2014, 07:47 PM
ARe you thinking of the Goldie Figures? (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=18216)

Yeah, those little dudes. I got the 5 G1 ones from TRU, are people sure they don't have them at EB too? Will go in tomorrow and check

BruiseLee
18th August 2014, 07:51 PM

Definitely different from those thrilling 30 figs. Those are like 3 cm tall whereas these are around 3 inches tall and much nicer IMO. :)

Edit: late post...need to remember to press refresh from time to time...

Sinnertwin
18th August 2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah, those little dudes. I got the 5 G1 ones from TRU, are people sure they don't have them at EB too? Will go in tomorrow and check

They may, Trev. i asked my friend who works there & they did get some in, if he's not mistaken.

autobreadticon
18th August 2014, 08:37 PM
25 boxes reveal coming soon

Facepunches
18th August 2014, 08:40 PM
WOW really Bread? Nice work lol.

BigTransformerTrev
18th August 2014, 08:57 PM
They may, Trev. i asked my friend who works there & they did get some in, if he's not mistaken.

Ah, I wasn't seeing things then :D

griffin
18th August 2014, 10:43 PM
Even if you don't collect Loyal Subjects, at $1 each, if you buy enough you'll get enough chases and semi-chases to make a fair bit of profit on ebay. And even if you don't get any chases, you'll be able to sell regular figures for at least $5 each.
(on the opposite end of the scale is the Skywarp chase for Series 2 which can go for $100-150)

Caffinetron
19th August 2014, 09:00 AM
I think they are only in certain stores. I clicked on the link and look for stock in stores and found there were only 4 in the country. I checked in Kawana this morning and none there.

TAAUBlaster
19th August 2014, 09:13 AM
Plenty of stores seem to have just gotten series 2 in, but at the full price of $15 each. No-one seems to have the series 1 figures.

BigTransformerTrev
19th August 2014, 11:17 AM

Ah, I wasn't seeing things then :D

I think they are only in certain stores. I clicked on the link and look for stock in stores and found there were only 4 in the country. I checked in Kawana this morning and none there.

Yeah I just nicked down to EB, it was the little thrilling 30 figures they have, they have never had in the Loyal Subjects ones in their particular store :(

Sinnertwin
19th August 2014, 11:21 AM
Plenty of stores seem to have just gotten series 2 in, but at the full price of $15 each. No-one seems to have the series 1 figures.

Yeah, same. I asked about the $1 figures last night, but they also received the second series.

UltraMarginal
19th August 2014, 11:34 AM
I'd suggest this is just a clearance price to get rid of the older stock.

BruiseLee
19th August 2014, 11:39 AM
Didn't have much luck with this either. The lady at the store pretty much said that they were all snapped up by the blokes who worked in the store at that price. Ah well...

ILikeSoundwave
19th August 2014, 01:04 PM
I saw some at Liverpool on the weekend but today they were gone :( They did however get the second series though.

yoshi594
19th August 2014, 04:10 PM
Mmm went to garden city and apparently someone has them all on hold :(. Success has only 1 and apparently Innaloo has 5

Sky Shadow
19th August 2014, 04:36 PM
Mmm went to garden city and apparently someone has them all on hold :(.

That's ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed. They should go to first person in the shop willing to pay for them and take them away.

autobreadticon
19th August 2014, 08:37 PM
I only managed to find 3 series one vinyl toys at a single location I knew one would go (Chrinside Park), other locations such as Sunshine and Watergardens were cleared long before the sale and most likely by staff (one store even had two vinyls opened and on display on the counter ><!) , this was due to their quick responses when I asked about it, there was only one store that did not know what I was talking about.

The three I managed to get were still priced at $15 and they had not yet updated the price, Happy I got a Jazz and Optimus Prime

hoping to find 25 boxes which was a gross and optimistic number I was hoping to find :o