PDA

View Full Version : Pete from BotCon answering questions

griffin
7th September 2014, 05:11 PM
This could be an interesting topic (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-general-discussion/1001243-pete-happy-address-concerns-about-any-actual-perceived-missteps-funpub.html), while it remains civil.
People are asking questions about the Club and Convention, giving us a bit of insight into some toy and theme choices... a bit like the Q&A at BotCon.

MayzaPrime
7th September 2014, 07:14 PM
Some people are really angry... :p

Good on Pete for taking the time to answer questions.

I haven't really had any real problem with the club and I have been a member for a long time. I can forgive QC problems, Hasbro gets it wrong sometimes.

Overall I am happy with my TFCC membership and won't be cancelling anything soon.

CHILENO20
7th September 2014, 07:54 PM
Wow, our locals bots flying the flag for us down here arnt they? Pete was ballsy to do this. A good read. Just wish we could get more answers. Timw will tell I guess.

BigTransformerTrev
10th September 2014, 12:18 PM
I just joined TFW today specifically so I could ask some questions since my complaint letter in regards to the club that I emailed Hasbo a fair while back never got answered. :rolleyes:

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th September 2014, 12:29 PM
Love the fact that Pete posted after Trevs questions, ignored them and said at the end of his post; Anything else, ask away!

Sinnertwin
10th September 2014, 12:51 PM
Love the fact that Pete posted after Trevs questions, ignored them and said at the end of his post; Anything else, ask away!

:D
Isn't that always the case? He can either be honest and answer to the best of his abilities, or ignore the questions, get hounded again & again & again & end up breaking the internet when he finally does reply :p

Sky Shadow
10th September 2014, 01:00 PM
I got a reply - "Skyshadow - Cust service does reevaluate shipping methods. I have brought the concerns people have back to the office many times. But it is not fraudulent."

I'm not sure how charging much more for shipping than the shipping actually costs for years, then covering it up by no longer putting costs on the packages isn't fraudulent. But oh well - it's an acknowledgement.

i_amtrunks
10th September 2014, 02:16 PM
But oh well - it's an acknowledgement.

I think you're being too lenient. It was more like a palm off/pretending that it doesn't happen when it blatantly does.

About what I expect from the dodgy club, and the main reason I have never joined. You just cannot trust them.

UltraMarginal
10th September 2014, 04:21 PM
I just joined TFW today specifically so I could ask some questions since my complaint letter in regards to the club that I emailed Hasbo a fair while back never got answered. :rolleyes:

what is your post number, I'm refreshing the page and the last post I see is 179.

TAAUBlaster
10th September 2014, 05:22 PM
His post number is #137 ;)
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-general-discussion/1001243-pete-happy-address-concerns-about-any-actual-perceived-missteps-funpub-14.html#post11582309

BigTransformerTrev
11th September 2014, 09:28 AM

Yeah, he's been back on a few more times and has answered easy questions posed post mine but mine remain unanswered :rolleyes:.

I got a reply - "Skyshadow - Cust service does reevaluate shipping methods. I have brought the concerns people have back to the office many times. But it is not fraudulent."

I'm not sure how charging much more for shipping than the shipping actually costs for years, then covering it up by no longer putting costs on the packages isn't fraudulent. But oh well - it's an acknowledgement.

I think you're being too lenient. It was more like a palm off/pretending that it doesn't happen when it blatantly does.

About what I expect from the dodgy club, and the main reason I have never joined. You just cannot trust them.

There have been a few of us which have brought up the 'postage to Aus' issue, in particular Griffin wrote a very detailed post about it with numerous examples of overcharging and so far this issue has been completely ignored. Don't know if it's because he is looking into the issue or just fobbing it off such as he did with Sky Shadow

Sinnertwin
11th September 2014, 10:12 AM
Yeah, he's been back on a few more times and has answered easy questions posed post mine but mine remain unanswered :rolleyes:.

There have been a few of us which have brought up the 'postage to Aus' issue, in particular Griffin wrote a very detailed post about it with numerous examples of overcharging and so far this issue has been completely ignored. Don't know if it's because he is looking into the issue or just fobbing it off such as he did with Sky Shadow

I'd like to think that he is looking into them -a simple acknowledgement would've been sufficient at this point- but if it were our 'Murican friends getting overcharged, you can bet your Fort Max that the issue would be addressed quicksmart :rolleyes:

llamatron
11th September 2014, 10:57 AM
Topic should be renamed to "Pete from BotCon ignoring questions"

UltraMarginal
11th September 2014, 11:15 AM
I remember seeing Trev's Post now.
petes response was only 8 minutes after that, it's possible that he missed it while writing his post. I'm going to quote Trev's post in another day and see if it then gets picked up.

BigTransformerTrev
11th September 2014, 01:10 PM
I remember seeing Trev's Post now.
petes response was only 8 minutes after that, it's possible that he missed it while writing his post. I'm going to quote Trev's post in another day and see if it then gets picked up.

Sweet :D:)

Deonasis
11th September 2014, 01:44 PM
Topic should be renamed to "Pete from BotCon ignoring questions"dammit! I was going to post that here :)

I don't know why international members continue to support this club. Going on their past actions (aka none) nothing is going to change in FP while they hold the license. The worlds-hardest-to-setup forum gets more airtime then proof of deliberate and widespread overcharging of international members.

griffin
11th September 2014, 02:12 PM
dammit! I was going to post that here :)

I don't know why international members continue to support this club. Going on their past actions (aka none) nothing is going to change in FP while they hold the license. The worlds-hardest-to-setup forum gets more airtime then proof of deliberate and widespread overcharging of international members.

For those of us who are completists and go to BotCon, it's a necessary evil to be a member.

Contacting them by phone and email got me ignored, so I had to confront them at BotCon where they couldn't run away... :p
But even then, they didn't do what they promised (review past orders and refund everything... they only refunded the two orders I could prove).
And to prevent further claims, the shipping amount is no longer on the boxes.

If I was selling stuff and got challenged about knowingly over-charging on shipping, make it difficult to get an answer, then admit that it happened and assure you that I will make sure it never happens again... but instead hide future shipping amounts to prevent further challenges. I would have to be very deceptive and sneaky to do that to protect profit that I was never entitled to.

UltraMarginal
11th September 2014, 02:17 PM
Wow, I've obviously missed a lot of that thread, I've been reading since Trev's post and seen Griffins, there are a lot of direct questions yet to receive an answer.
The timeline has been short, so maybe it's worth waiting a few days to see if Pete/Funpub are developing answers or if they are just being flat out ignored.

Sinnertwin
11th September 2014, 02:23 PM
I f they admit to knowingly overcharging, lets face it, they have been, they'll have international members demanding refunds left, right & center.
So yes, i expect that question to be.ignored

kup
11th September 2014, 02:27 PM
It's a real shame that such a fraudulent and dodgy organisation can have Hasbro's official endorsement. Makes me loose faith on both.

BigTransformerTrev
11th September 2014, 04:06 PM
It's a real shame that such a fraudulent and dodgy organisation can have Hasbro's official endorsement. Makes me loose faith on both.

Good luck getting Hasbro to care. I wrote them a complaint letter on that very subject a while back and they never gave me a response :(

It's here for anyone interested: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17719

Deonasis
11th September 2014, 04:17 PM
For those of us who are completists and go to BotCon, it's a necessary evil to be a member.

It is tough (very tough for completionists) but i get a joy from buying most FP figures 2nd hand. The club gets none of my money this way. I have bought through FP members sometimes but i am often not comfortable with this and don't proceed to ask. I do cherrypick my figures and a few i missed now sit in UnobtainiumLand (along with HasTak releases) but a suprising number are still affordable. This year i placed a RK order during BotCon to catch up on other non-club missed figures.

kup
12th September 2014, 12:12 PM
Good luck getting Hasbro to care. I wrote them a complaint letter on that very subject a while back and they never gave me a response :(

It's here for anyone interested: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17719

That's my point exactly - They don't care despite the Club clearly being fraudulent or at the very least, criminally incompetent as they are ripping off people.

Goes to show that an official label these days isn't necessarily the best or a good thing.

Bidoofdude
13th September 2014, 06:51 PM
So much for any questions regarding important things like overcharging internationally. The whole transparency thing is completely backfiring here.

BigTransformerTrev
15th September 2014, 11:40 AM
Well I got a response. This is what I asked:

Sorry to quote myself but I never recieved answers to the questions I posed six days ago so thought I would ask them again.

1. Why did we recieve an email a while back asking us to help crowd source for some theatre in the US? I found this to be a gross misuse of our confidential information for the Funpub staffs own agenda.

2. Why is the bi-monthly magazine becoming more and more a second rate comic book rather than imparting information about upcoming TF toys and toylines, TF video games, cartoons, movies etc? I subscribe to a magazine for information and articles, if I wanted a comic book I'd buy a comic book. It seems this comic uses up more and more pages of the magazine every year leaving less room for interesting info to be imparted.

3. I originally joined the club (for the 2nd time after letting my first membership lapse) so as to access the TFSS 1.0. However after doing so I was informed the subscription service had ended. Why has this not been rectified? One should not have to join the club in order to press the TFSS button (which wont let you in unless you are a member), or cycle through months and months of back messages on the main page, just to find the service is no longer available.

4. To reiterate some questions already posed and unanswered by other people here, why are the services to Australia so expensive? I now have all of the TFSS 1.0 figures which I obtained through BBTS, and have paid my full subscription to Funpub for TFSS 2.0. I can assure you that it did indeed work out cheaper to get the figures through a 3rd party than to get them from you directly. Is it possible to get more transparancy in regards to how much the shipping is actually costing? Otherwise it just seems that we are getting overcharged on postage and the club is pocketing the difference.

Thank you in advance for answering these questions.

And this is the response I got:

I don't like answering questions when you call my writing 2nd rate :wink:

Very angry and dissapointed, and I don't think doing a wink at the end justifies the response. This has pretty much made me want to let my membership lapse :mad::(

Deonasis
15th September 2014, 12:06 PM
You struck out and i believe i will be in the same boat. It almost appears he finds a reason not to reply to the sticky questions. Being upfront is clearly many peoples preference but it is not his and/or FunPub's. It all really does his PR guru image no good. :rolleyes:

The best answer on international shipping charges so far is "I'll look into it" in response to griffin's irrefutable fact-o-mountain a few days ago.

BigTransformerTrev
15th September 2014, 05:39 PM
You struck out and i believe i will be in the same boat. It almost appears he finds a reason not to reply to the sticky questions. Being upfront is clearly many peoples preference but it is not his and/or FunPub's. It all really does his PR guru image no good. :rolleyes:

The best answer on international shipping charges so far is "I'll look into it" in response to griffin's irrefutable fact-o-mountain a few days ago.

Yeah I saw you ask him if he was gonna have a beef with everyone who asks about the shipping rates - good on ya mate :D

I've responded to him - will see if it just gets ignored

Deonasis
16th September 2014, 09:37 AM
I will try stay silent on international costs for a week now *gulp* I wish he would simple reply "still looking into it" or "more info on this next week" but i'll give them time anyway.

Sky Shadow
16th September 2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah I saw you ask him if he was gonna have a beef with everyone who asks about the shipping rates - good on ya mate :D

I've responded to him - will see if it just gets ignored

A great response, Trev. (Although in terms of Question 2, I actually prefer their second-rate comic to their ninth-rate journalism. ;))

griffin
16th September 2014, 10:46 AM
If he doesn't like negative comments about the stories he writes or edits, I don't think he'll answer my questions now, after saying that I found this year's BotCon comic to be too confusing for the first half, and the worst so far (because I had to read it a second time just to understand most of it). Too many obscure elements that should be in the background, and it attempts to tie in too many continuities and past characters.
Logically one comic has to be the worst... for me, I just felt that this was it, and I even gave a reason so that it wasn't just an "I hate it" complaint.

Deonasis
16th September 2014, 11:06 AM
If he doesn't like negative comments about the stories he writes or edits, I don't think he'll answer my questions now, after saying that I found this year's BotCon comic to be too confusing for the first half, and the worst so far (because I had to read it a second time just to understand most of it). Too many obscure elements that should be in the background, and it attempts to tie in too many continuities and past characters.
Logically one comic has to be the worst... for me, I just felt that this was it, and I even gave a reason so that it wasn't just an "I hate it" complaint.

I doubt he will address all your points (as he likes to cherry pick questions he can spin to hype next years offerings) but your shipping charges point is so clear and unavoidable i do believe he will announce *something* because of it. That post forced him to respond and i think it will force further action from FP. I doubt he will say "we f'd up and sorry no reimbursements BUT we will do it no more!" which i would love but i am betting they will announce "a new thing that will still rip you off but not so much!"

BigTransformerTrev
16th September 2014, 12:35 PM
A great response, Trev. (Although in terms of Question 2, I actually prefer their second-rate comic to their ninth-rate journalism. ;))

Cheers mate :), I am trying to take the high road when expressing my displeasure, that way he cant get narky at me and find some tiny wee excuse to avoid answering all the questions.

So much for any questions regarding important things like overcharging internationally. The whole transparency thing is completely backfiring here.

I doubt he will address all your points (as he likes to cherry pick questions he can spin to hype next years offerings) but your shipping charges point is so clear and unavoidable i do believe he will announce *something* because of it. That post forced him to respond and i think it will force further action from FP. I doubt he will say "we f'd up and sorry no reimbursements BUT we will do it no more!" which i would love but i am betting they will announce "a new thing that will still rip you off but not so much!"

(the current sale) could just be their way of distracting people from any current negativity being raised... a bit like politicians using the media to focus on something like raising the terror threat level despite admitting that there are no new threats, just to take the focus off them trying to push the budget through the senate.

Throw out some treats, and hopefully the fandom forgets about the last of many issues being raised - or at least, too focused on the exiting short-lived event to be able to care about what else is going on at the moment.
(a bit like magician's slight of hand - focus on the pretty assistant to not see the setting up of the trick)

I must say I am very surprised at the attidue this Pete is displaying in the TFW thread. One would have thought the threads purpose was to placate people, instead he is just angering folk by being evasive, not answering questions outright and resorting to immaturity when everything else has failed.

I have worked in sales/customer service very little, but when I did as a teen I tried to work by the mantra "Treat every customer like they were your boss and could fire you". This way you wouldn't put a foot wrong or be rude. I doubt if the CEO of Hasbro went to FubPub staff and asked the same 4 questions I did, that they would respond with "Well you said you don't like our writing so we are not answering any of your questions at all". And would this Pete be ignoring the situation if the Hasbro chief came to him with the same detailed evidence Griffin has? I think not.

So far a very dissapointing overall response from this FunPub rep, we can only hope it improves.

griffin
17th September 2014, 01:48 PM
Yay... two questions finally answered. Although, they were the easiest two (I ordered the questions from easy/flattering to hard/critical so that he might be more willing to answer the critical ones by not putting them first and putting him off the entire post).

I'm surprised, and somewhat happy, to hear about one of the BotCon collector cards this year being a nod to Glen Hallit as well as one being a nod to J & K Hartman.

Would have been better for him to say from the outset that he was definitely going to work through my questions, instead of just acknowledging that I had made a "novel" post... to prevent people from re-asking or reposting my questions, thinking that they had been ignored.
His official role at FunPub is "Marketing", but the key to marketing is customer perceptions and relations. Both of which need work.

griffin
27th September 2014, 06:19 PM
I guess that topic and the outstanding questions have been abandoned now.

I'm disappointed, but it seems most people weren't surprised.

Sinnertwin
27th September 2014, 07:29 PM
Did anyone expect anything to the contrary?

Oh, crap, what do we do? The international fans are onto our Clubs fraudulent ways... hey guys, who wants a $30 Legends figure with a new head for Botcon? Phew, that ought to distract them...

Bidoofdude
27th September 2014, 08:23 PM
Their attempt to look more professional has blown up in their face. This makes them look pretty bad, at least to the people not entirely distracted by the whole "Legends in next year's Botcon sets for $30!" thing. That's a little victory, I guess...

griffin
27th September 2014, 08:49 PM
That only distracted people for a couple days... so they did that Archive sale for another distraction.
Then we had the Subscription figure reveals, and a FREE online comic...

What were we complaining about again?

:p

BigTransformerTrev
14th October 2014, 01:00 PM
Well, afer 5 goes finally got acknowledgement of my questions, if no real answers of substance.

1. Why was my personal email address used for non-TFCC agendas by Funpub staff?
2. Why is the magazine now far more a comic book than an actual magazine?
3. Why can you only click on the TFSS button when a TFCC member, as this then does not inform non-members that even if they join they will not be able to access the TFSS once the time limit has finished? The only other option being to scroll through page upon page of back notifications on the home page.
4. Why does shipping to Australia cost so much and why can we not have more transparency with this issue? (know it has been asked a lot but haven't really seen an answer specific to this particular issue).

1. On rare occasions, certain issues have been spotlighted. It is a very rare thing though if our terms and conditions do not specifically acknowledge that, I will look in to making sure it is clarified.

2. It's not. We spotlight fiction more some issues than others, but the format has been pretty consistent for the last 6 years.

3. I will also look in to making sure this is updated.

4. I will personally look in to this.

I may follow up with Q2 when I get the next issue of the mag if the number of pages used for each format does not add up, but for now I'll just watch the thread to see if any of this is expanded upon due to further questioning from others. At least after over a month of asking the questions he has acknowledged the issues exist, even if right now it is simply the lip-service of 'I'll look into it'.

griffin
14th October 2014, 03:11 PM
He is mostly right about the percentage of pages being about the same over the ten years, with 6 of the 16 pages being comic story. Probably once a year, they've had an extra page or two to promote something else (like a recent issue having a BotCon comic preview).

Since they lost a page to be a cover several years ago, the format has been pretty consistent.

Standard contents to equal 11 pages...
2 pages - cover & intro page
6 pages - comic
2 pages - bios
1 page - back cover "funnies"

Then the variables to equal the remaining 5 pages...
3-4 pages - articles and info (including BotCon review once a year)
2-1 pages - advertising of their toys or conventions (including preview comics)

Sometimes the comic is a decent story, so becomes an interesting element (but only worth reading after you wait 12 months for the entire story), while the 3-4 pages of articles are sometimes the interesting element.
But the articles would be more interesting if they could get more input from Hasbro on future toy reveals. What's the point of paying a license to promote the Brand, if the Brand doesn't give them products to promote, as that's what readers most want - future toy products to get excited about.

BigTransformerTrev
15th October 2014, 09:36 AM
6 pages - comic
2 pages - bios

See, I'd count the bios as part of the comic since they are always about the characters that appear in the comic. The funnies on the back page and the odd preview comics I'd also count as comic-like content. But will check out the next issue anyway to see how it all stacks up.

griffin
17th October 2014, 03:42 PM
From the TFW topic...
(because I don't want to get involved unless directly responded to, to be required to reply... and Pete looks to be selectively answering questions now, and ignoring anything previously posted by asking people to repost their questions... specifically noting that they can't be in "novel" form - I wonder who that was aimed at.)

I have a concern as to what I think was a pretty big misstep by the company..
I know it's on the top of your priority list, Pete, so bare with me.
Why is it that the GIJCC got the new website treatment before the TCC? I'm not trying to belittle the Joe fan club (as one day I plan on checking out JoeCon), but the TCC is obviously the largest of the two clubs, so I'm having a problem with why the "little brother" had dibs on getting the club-member portion of it's site re-upped first.
From a "business man" stand point, I would have catered to my largest customer-base first.

If this had been asked a while back when more people were following the topic because they had some confidence in there being a response or it being read, I think it would have stirred up other critics on the band-wagon. Because objectively, a business should cater to it's greater customer base... however subjectively, I hate to say it, but I'd probably do the same in that situation.
The owners and original operators of FunPub (those who aren't Pete) have confirmed that they are still not Transformers Fans (as of 2012 & 2013 - I was really hoping that some would have by now, which was why I asked four of the most senior FunPub people)... so their passion remains with GIJoe, and to them, it would be easier and quicker to work on that Club first, and then copy the format and concepts across to fandoms they are not familiar with.
It would be like if I set up separate toy collector websites or clubs because there is an absence of it and there was demand for it, but it wouldn't matter if one of those other toy sites or clubs became bigger than my main love of Transformers... I'd probably prioritise the Transformers site/club, because it is more familiar and interesting to me, and then use that frame-work to other sites/clubs that I was not familiar with.

Admittedly though, I'm a "toy fan" in general, so I think I'd develop an interest in other toylines that I'd take on the responsibility for... which the FunPub people haven't done at all - develop an interest, or take seriously the responsibility Hasbro have given them to promote and nurture an interest in the Brand from *their* customers. (which is one of the reasons I still bother to try to help improve BotCon and the Club, for the benefit of fans and the Brand, not the benefit of FunPub anymore)

SuspectimusPrime
18th October 2014, 12:04 AM
Serpent O.R. finally makes sense.

Zippo
19th October 2014, 03:03 PM
The club lost me after 5 years when they determined that the membership I paid for did not belong to me because I was getting it sent to someone else in the USA, a practice that was allowed in the first 4 years of membership.

Since I no longer 'gotta catch them all' I don't even try any more.

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st October 2014, 06:09 PM
so their passion remains with GIJoe, and to them, it would be easier and quicker to work on that Club first, and then copy the format and concepts across to fandoms they are not familiar with.
That's a very good question I think and glad someone asked it. I assume the GI Joe board went down all those YEARS ago when the Transformers one did. Annoyingly I suspect that Transformers club members are subsidizing the GI Joe club quite a bit...

Deonasis
21st October 2014, 06:47 PM
That's a very good question I think and glad someone asked it. I assume the GI Joe board went down all those YEARS ago when the Transformers one did. Annoyingly I suspect that Transformers club members are subsidizing the GI Joe club quite a bit...
Now that is a question to ask..

griffin
21st October 2014, 07:41 PM
The question I'd be asking if I had any faith in the topic is...

What have been the membership numbers of the Transformers Club each year (at the March cut-off) over its ten years, because it was heavily broadcast early on when it was growing so fast that it had overtaken GIJoe membership within about 4 years.
If the Transformers Club is still such a great success, I'd like to see the proof by seeing the figure of registered members, which they'd know each March, so that they can order enough membership toys each year.
My thinking is that the club membership has plateaued or dropped off in the last three years like the attendee numbers and sales at BotCon since 2011 (probably their peak year of success).

Feel free to post that in the TFW topic if someone wants to. Quoted or unquoted, but probably best to keep my name off it if you want a chance of it being answered.

griffin
21st October 2014, 07:45 PM
Now that is a question to ask..

I would think that with it being the one business, it would have to be.
I think it was their fourth year (2008) that they were saying that the Transformers membership numbers were overtaking the GIJoe club numbers (not convention numbers)... and I've seen in their convention photos in recent years that they have a much smaller convention attendance.
If it takes similar costs to run both clubs and both conventions, and they are both under the same business umbrella, logic would dictate that the more successful one subsidises the other one.
After all, for the first three or four years of their ownership of the Transformers license, their GIJoe club and convention would have been more profitable and subsidising the Transformers side.

BigTransformerTrev
30th October 2014, 09:42 AM
He is mostly right about the percentage of pages being about the same over the ten years, with 6 of the 16 pages being comic story. Probably once a year, they've had an extra page or two to promote something else (like a recent issue having a BotCon comic preview).

Since they lost a page to be a cover several years ago, the format has been pretty consistent.

6 pages - comic
2 pages - bios

Sometimes the comic is a decent story, so becomes an interesting element (but only worth reading after you wait 12 months for the entire story), while the 3-4 pages of articles are sometimes the interesting element.
But the articles would be more interesting if they could get more input from Hasbro on future toy reveals. What's the point of paying a license to promote the Brand, if the Brand doesn't give them products to promote, as that's what readers most want - future toy products to get excited about.

Well, here is my response to Pete

Ok, issue 59# is out. Here is the breakdown of it:

•Front Cover: Picture of Tranantulus from the 3.0 Subscription Service being sold by TFCC
•Inside Cover: Editors Note talking about the comic which stars club toys being sold by TFCC. Short blurb from Brian talking about the subscription service toys being sold by TFCC.
•2 pages about the old TF Animated cartoon.
•3 pages about the old G2 toys.
*6 pages of the Comic (starring the Transmutate & Rampage toys being sold by TFCC)
•2 pages of Character Bio’s about characters from the comic
•Back Cover – short strip comic and also comic like TF quiz trivia

So out of 16 pages we have
•8 ˝ pages dedicated to the comic, talking about the comic or comic character bios
•1 ˝ pages talking about or drawings of TFSS club toys
•5 pages of articles about old toys or cartoons
•1 page of a mini-comic and comic-styled quiz

If you take into account all the comic stuff together it is indeed over half the magazine. But what is more worrying is if you take the 6 pages of comic with Transmutate & Rampage, the front cover with Tarantulus, the blurb about the comic, the blurb about the TF 3.0 – you get 10 of the 16 pages which are in one way or another advertising figures being sold by the TFCC!

What I always hope to see in the magazine and how much content it recieved in the latest issue:
*Articles about new (non-club) toylines coming out – Zero
*Articles about new cartoons coming out like RID or the latest series of RescueBots – Zero
*Articles about developments in TF video games (such as new characters in Universe or even the Angry Birds TF game released) – Zero
*Articles about developments in the (non-club) TF comic world – Zero

So in summary, absolutely no new news whatsoever, a couple of articles about very old stuff and the rest of the magazine is given over to trying to either directly or indirectly sell TFCC merchandise. That is not a magazine, it’s the literary equivalent of an infomercial.

Please bear in mind that it sounds like I'm having more of a go than I actually intend. Others have stated that they prefer the current format and if others enjoy it thats good. Maybe there should be a poll about what people want to see in the mag so we could see what the majority would like. But I hope that you will take this constructive criticism on board and maybe consider putting in more current TF related stories and maybe wind back the comic and selling of your figures. I know that when I have mates drop over for a beer that if I have an issue of the magazine lying around they will often pick it up, flick through it, then sit it back down dissapointed. It would be great to have a Collectors Club magazine that actually talks about relevant stuff that is happening in the world of TF's today :)