PDA

View Full Version : Oz comic Con

UltraMarginal
12th September 2014, 05:57 PM
There is a large comic related convention this weekend in Sydney.

it's got a lot of guests from Sci Fi and Fantasy movies and Television, Comics and VO Actors.

Of note is Orlando Bloom and William Shatner,

Of very special note is Paul Eiding The voice of G1 Perceptor

I won't be going, I have too much on this weekend, but I thought I'd make sure people were aware of it, it's a pretty expensive show but should be good fun.

the con is travelling to many other capitols within Australia, check out the guest list for your local.

Starscream77
12th September 2014, 06:24 PM
I am taking the family down on Sunday to check it out

griffin
12th September 2014, 07:04 PM
You don't want to incur the wrath of Paul (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=433746#post433746) :p
Jim Cummings also did a some (very minor) voice roles in Transformers - Afterburner, Rippersnapper, Sharkticon.

OzComicCon website (http://www.ozcomiccon.com/guests/Sydney-Guests/) for others to check out.

BigTransformerTrev
12th September 2014, 09:13 PM
I just wish I was going so I could meet Shatner. Admittedly unlike Nimoy he has nothing to do with TF's but he still f'ing rocks!

Trent
13th September 2014, 11:05 AM
My brother and I were going to go but alas my newborn has other ideas :(

jazzcomp
13th September 2014, 03:21 PM
I just wish I was going so I could meet Shatner. Admittedly unlike Nimoy he has nothing to do with TF's but he still f'ing rocks!
Same sentiment. :) I admit I'm just too lazy. Wish there were some other actors to meet aside from him.

i_amtrunks
13th September 2014, 04:06 PM
Went with the wife (her idea as she wanted to see the Veronica Mars people).

Not a bad first effort. It was poorly layed out, not enough room for people to move between stalls, the volunteers were useless and got in the way more than anything else. The panel rooms were decently sized but due to bad planning, were very noisy which sometimes made it hard to hear the panellists.

There was a good mix of stalls, the guests were good and the location, while a pain in the butt to get to, was a nice ferry trip from Darling Harbour.

I was mostly excited to play both versions of smash brothers, stalls were all very overpriced but there were some talented artists as well.

Starscream77
14th September 2014, 05:51 PM
Took the family out today and was a mix of good and bad

Worst part is it not child friendly at all as they have packed everything in so tight that kids can't move and let me tell you people don't mind knocking into children to look at things (if my kids were not watching I would have taken one smart ass' head off for elbowing my 2 year old)
As Trunks said the staff are useless, took us 4 different people for one to know where the parents room was

There was however a good selection of stores, TF wise nothing I didn't already have but good to see someone selling Generations in Oz and MPs.
Voyagers were not too bad with Whirl, Roadbuster etc @ $44

Picked up several Marvel Select figures and some other little things for the kids.

Wasn't interested in the guests

ILikeSoundwave
15th September 2014, 06:35 PM
How was it TF wise? Any interesting stuff?

Starscream77
15th September 2014, 08:20 PM
How was it TF wise? Any interesting stuff?

A couple of stores had the latest TT MPs and Generations. Nothing much else except Madman had a few DVDs, picked up season 2 & 3 of animated for $20 each

UltraMarginal
16th September 2014, 11:22 AM
You don't want to incur the wrath of Paul (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=433746#post433746) :p
Jim Cummings also did a some (very minor) voice roles in Transformers - Afterburner, Rippersnapper, Sharkticon.

OzComicCon website (http://www.ozcomiccon.com/guests/Sydney-Guests/) for others to check out.

Oops, please forgive me Paul:)

My brother and I were going to go but alas my newborn has other ideas :(

at least you have your priorities in the right place, congrats again btw.:cool: