PDA

View Full Version : Japan's Wonderfest Postponed Indefinitely

Tober
22nd August 2008, 11:55 PM
Wonderfest have announced today that their next Wonderfest events have been postponed indefinitely, so this may be the last one they hold for quite a while.

The official announcement (In Japanese) http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/wf/

So I guess this means that there won't be any more Wonderfest event exclusives. It also means that small garage businesses like Jizaitoys will no longer be able to obtain the one day licenses from TakaraTomy they need to be able to legally sell Transformers products at the events.

I can't read Japanese well enough to translate the page so any input from our Japanese fluent members on the reasons why it's been postponed would be appreciated :)

roller
23rd August 2008, 12:35 AM
Good

one less exclusive toy to have a postphoned release

Kyle
23rd August 2008, 09:56 AM
Tober, the reason is they had an accident in the very recent August event. The queue got too long it actually extended to level 2 then back to level 1 (!). When the line moved a fan tripped on an escalator without the fans behind knowing and they piled on. And a number of them ended up rolling down the escalator. So they're now waiting for the police investigation to settle and getting approval again before going ahead with another event.

Tober
23rd August 2008, 12:02 PM
Wow, that's really unfortunate. I hope no toys were harmed in the accident.

Pulse
23rd August 2008, 12:28 PM
Wow! All that pushing & shoving just for toys? I hope no one got badly hurt...

Kyle
23rd August 2008, 07:38 PM
Wow, that's really unfortunate. I hope no toys were harmed in the accident.

I think the accident happened before the fans managed to get to the toys... :o

Tetsuwan Convoy
26th August 2008, 02:19 PM
There have been a few incidents with Escalators and people in Japan Lately. AT the "Tokyo Big Dome" one of the escaltors had 3 people per step all the way up it, it couldn't cope with the weight and faulted. Then the emergency brakes broke and the escalator went backwards and chaos and squishing of people ensued.:eek:

Whenever I am in a place with lost of poeple on the escaltors I think I shall take the stairs from now on.

Tober
27th August 2008, 02:19 AM
Judging from that footage of people sardined into trains and tube hotels I would have though the Japanese would be used to being squished. :p

What happens in Japan if you're claustrophobic? :eek:

GoktimusPrime
27th August 2008, 12:38 PM
Judging from that footage of people sardined into trains and tube hotels I would have though the Japanese would be used to being squished
And sardined is the perfect description for being on a Japanese train during peak time. (-_-)

What happens in Japan if you're claustrophobic?
Don't live in Japan. :p Or at least in any of the cities. ;) And if you think that's bad, you should see Hong Kong (much worse IMO in terms of population density/overcrowding). :D