PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Generations toys might be coming here

GoktimusPrime
29th September 2014, 03:01 PM
After multiple attempts at contacting Hasbro, I finally got a response. My question was when we would see the Transformers Generations 30th anniversary toys in Australia. I just received a call back and said that they should be in stores by mid October. I asked again if this was about Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary, and I was told yes. I asked for any names of figures that we could expect from the first shipment, but the person that I spoke to told me that she didn't have this information.

So... there you have it. I'm personally taking this with a big grain of salt until we have more concrete evidence (which is why I've necromanced this thread instead of starting a new one, just in case this turns out to be nothing), because unfortunately "Transformers Generations" does encompass more than just the 30th anniversary toys. Perhaps I should have been more specific and asked if she was talking about toys based on classic G1 characters, but with Hasbro, it could be weeks or months before someone else answers another call. :o Anyone else willing to have a shot?

Sinnertwin
29th September 2014, 03:12 PM
i'll send them an email & attach links to avoid any confusion when i'm back at home

GoktimusPrime
29th September 2014, 04:15 PM
i'll send them an email & attach links to avoid any confusion when i'm back at home
Great idea. Hopefully you'll get a reply. :o

Gofigure
29th September 2014, 04:43 PM
Tastes toy kingdom in Geelong has Generations Jetfire in store

Can we assume more to follow at Australian retail?

Bidoofdude
29th September 2014, 07:58 PM
Tastes toy kingdom in Geelong has Generations Jetfire in store

Can we assume more to follow at Australian retail?

I hope so. If what Gok was told remains true, we may get them, though which product exactly is unknown. I hope it's not just the Leader class, as we pay a lot for that. If the Reject Shop gets them and has them cheap, that would be even better.

CaminusPrime
29th September 2014, 07:59 PM
Bracing myself for tf4s deluxe wave 4 :/ however I doubt that so therefore my wallet is scared

Sinnertwin
29th September 2014, 08:10 PM
Sent an email with three links to BBTS -i couldn't find those specific generations figures at Hasbro.com.au

There should be no reason now for any miscommunication :)

5FDP
30th September 2014, 10:24 AM
*fingers crossed*

SuspectimusPrime
30th September 2014, 10:44 AM
So... there you have it. I'm personally taking this with a big grain of salt until we have more concrete evidence (which is why I've necromanced this thread instead of starting a new one, just in case this turns out to be nothing), because unfortunately "Transformers Generations" does encompass more than just the 30th anniversary toys.

If you're lucky, you may see some of those shelfwarming Springers (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22617&mode=retail) and Doubledealers (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23415&mode=retail).

Perhaps I should have been more specific and asked if she was talking about toys based on classic G1 characters...

You may be getting a little technical there ;)

CaminusPrime
30th September 2014, 09:35 PM
any speculation or thoughts on what waves AUS will be receiving if we do get generations? I'm thinking the waves including and after armada starscreams wave and for voyagers, springer to whirl waves

Sinnertwin
30th September 2014, 09:39 PM
Thank you for your email.

The stores that have recently ordered the Transformers 30th Anniversary figures are; Myer and smaller independents such as Toy World, the product is due in stores by mid October 2014.

Unfortunately, we cannot control when the stores put the item on the shelves. For Example; there may be a catalogue that is being distributed that may include this item. Therefore, the product will not go onto the shelves until the catalogue release.

You may need to contact these stores head offices to find out when the product will be in store.

Regards

Hasbro Consumer Affairs
T: 1-300-138-697 - custservau@hasbro.com
HASBRO AUSTRALIA LIMITED: ABN: 69 004 348 565.

5FDP
1st October 2014, 08:56 AM
Myer eh... there's no telling when they will be on the shelf then (and for how much). Maybe in time for Xmas. They have the worst toy section of all the big retailers.

Sinnertwin
1st October 2014, 09:50 AM
I think that the most we'll see is Jetfire and the various sets appearing at Myer now.

FruitBuyer
1st October 2014, 11:29 AM
You may be getting a little technical there ;)

Are you telling me not every Hasbro employee knows everything about Transformers?

Bidoofdude
1st October 2014, 01:01 PM

Well it's not as exciting as I would have wanted, but at least Myer will have some Thrilling 30 toys, hopefully deluxes and voyagers. Leaders are meh for me, they're too high priced here.

GoktimusPrime
1st October 2014, 10:47 PM
Are you telling me not every Hasbro employee knows everything about Transformers?
In Japan, a store clerk can tell you the exact day and time of when the next shipment of Transformers will be shelved. I kid you not.

Sinnertwin
1st October 2014, 11:20 PM
In Japan, a store clerk can tell you the exact day and time of when the next shipment of Transformers will be shelved. I kid you not.

Ah, the joys of having product visibility.

Mythirax
2nd October 2014, 01:12 AM
I hate Myer, so much. Oh so, so much.

laproblematique
2nd October 2014, 01:25 PM
Nice I have some Myer gift cards banked up.

Any guesstimates as to how much Jetfire will cost here? What are any other classic larger scale figures that are worth keeping an eye on?

SuspectimusPrime
2nd October 2014, 02:12 PM
Nice I have some Myer gift cards banked up.

Any guesstimates as to how much Jetfire will cost here? What are any other classic larger scale figures that are worth keeping an eye on?

$100! :D

laproblematique
2nd October 2014, 05:27 PM
$100! :D

Ugh meanwhile it's on special right now at Kmart.com for $40. These prices make me sick. Anybody know of a good re-directing service/ want to go in on an order?

aduthie1980
2nd October 2014, 07:27 PM
Ugh meanwhile it's on special right now at Kmart.com for $40. These prices make me sick. Anybody know of a good re-directing service/ want to go in on an order?

Got my Jetfire today from Amazon, $58 total. Sent on the 25th Sept and arrived today. Can't complain about that!

laproblematique
2nd October 2014, 07:57 PM
Got my Jetfire today from Amazon, $58 total. Sent on the 25th Sept and arrived today. Can't complain about that!

Was that the $45 pre-order one? Any idea if they're still selling them?

aduthie1980
2nd October 2014, 08:02 PM
Was that the $45 pre-order one? Any idea if they're still selling them?

That's the one, preordered it back in August. Amazon have it listed for $70 now.

laproblematique
2nd October 2014, 08:05 PM
That's the one, preordered it back in August. Amazon have it listed for $70 now.

Could have sworn I tried shipping that to Aus but no dice. Did you go through a forwarding company or did I just dun goof? :(

Eddielai2002
2nd October 2014, 08:15 PM
I hope to see arcee and road buster. Those are the only two i want. Luckily Jetfire was released some time ago. Very rare i see him on any shelves. But ya, very vague response from Hasbro. I think I just keep a watch who ever spotted anything new. So far nothing has come up. Just the same age of transformers line. And i bet the response from Toys R us and anywhere else would be the movie is still kicking and they not ready to bringing in any transformers anytime soon. Is it me? or i'm getting sick of seeing AOE over and over again.

Sinnertwin
2nd October 2014, 09:18 PM
I hope to see arcee and road buster. Those are the only two i want. Luckily Jetfire was released some time ago. Very rare i see him on any shelves. But ya, very vague response from Hasbro. I think I just keep a watch who ever spotted anything new. So far nothing has come up. Just the same age of transformers line. And i bet the response from Toys R us and anywhere else would be the movie is still kicking and they not ready to bringing in any transformers anytime soon. Is it me? or i'm getting sick of seeing AOE over and over again.

Order them online, get them delivered & save yourself the drama of chasing them :)

FruitBuyer
3rd October 2014, 02:55 PM
Could have sworn I tried shipping that to Aus but no dice. Did you go through a forwarding company or did I just dun goof? :(

You likely goofed, I ordered mine from Amazon without issue both the day the pre-orders first started and again around a month later. The G1 Slog exclusive they have originally wasn't available for AU but changed after a while.

laproblematique
4th October 2014, 04:01 PM
You likely goofed, I ordered mine from Amazon without issue both the day the pre-orders first started and again around a month later. The G1 Slog exclusive they have originally wasn't available for AU but changed after a while.

They must have heard my cries! They've lowered the price again to $42 USD.

$63 AUD shipped :)

FruitBuyer
4th October 2014, 06:21 PM
They must have heard my cries! They've lowered the price again to $42 USD.

$63 AUD shipped :)

I'm guessing what must have happened is that Amazon's stock of Jetfire ran out and then it reverted to other sellers, who didn't offer international shipping. That would also explain why the price keeps changing since the release.

Anyway, congratulations! Now it's time to playing the waiting game.

griffin
4th October 2014, 07:15 PM
Always look for the words "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." under the green "In Stock" (just below the price).
If it doesn't say that, then it is listing the next cheapest available dealer.

Almost always, Amazon is the cheapest (they seem to adjust prices to compete), so by default should be the main listing if they have it in stock... but very very rarely, a third party might be clearing out something cheaper, and Amazon's product/price is likely to be in the "other sellers" tab.