PDA

View Full Version : MP-12: Am I being too picky...?

Jaisun
2nd October 2014, 01:53 AM
I just got MP-12 from BBTS from the 2nd Run, and I don't know if I'm being too picky, but I don't feel this should be on a near-$100 figure, and I have seen video reviews of KO MP-12 with similar sloppiness:

First pic has misplaced intake paint, sloppy edges on the 'air vents'(?) and chipped edges on the roof:
http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu251/Jaisun/20141002_003857a.jpg

Second pic has more chipped edges and general roughness:
http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu251/Jaisun/20141002_003953a.jpg

I then converted him, thinking maybe those things aren't so bad, and he'll be displayed in bot mode anyway...
http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu251/Jaisun/20141002_004944.jpg
http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu251/Jaisun/20141002_005016.jpg

Are these reasonable grounds to complain?

Trent
2nd October 2014, 02:28 AM
While MP-12 was never famous for its high levels of paint QC yours seems to be toward the bottom end of acceptability. If possible, contact your retailer and see about an exchange. I would.

CoRDS
2nd October 2014, 05:16 AM
i have a genuine mp12 and 2 ko's to be honest. the KOs have much better paint jobs. that said they were bought in the name of science and they were given to the kids to play with as toys. Takara really do need to step up their game a bit with the smaller MP figures. these things are still expensive and the QC should be a lot better

Lint
2nd October 2014, 08:49 AM
i have a genuine mp12 and 2 ko's to be honest. the KOs have much better paint jobs. that said they were bought in the name of science and they were given to the kids to play with as toys. Takara really do need to step up their game a bit with the smaller MP figures. these things are still expensive and the QC should be a lot better

Agreed Takara really should be aiming for better given what they're charging for these. Luckily BBTS are one of the better stores for customer service. You should get something for this.

drifand
2nd October 2014, 09:32 AM
Looks worse than a ko version IMO .

This should be call second lame run for having such high price and bad product.

What happened? Why g2 is so solid?

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd October 2014, 09:41 AM
I just got MP-12 from BBTS from the 2nd Run, and I don't know if I'm being too picky, but I don't feel this should be on a near-$100 figure, and I have seen video reviews of KO MP-12 with similar sloppiness:

Are these reasonable grounds to complain?
I think these are reasonable grounds to complain, but Sideswipe wasn't designed to be a near $100 toy. He was designed to be pretty much half that price. Taking into account the additional charges that BBTS and other sellers have lopped onto the figure is a bit unfair.

However I do understand how you feel.

G2 Is probably so solid as he is mostly black.

Deonasis
2nd October 2014, 09:58 AM
That air vent is particularly poor and bbts should help you out.

I would also take a photo of the stamped numbers on the bottom of the box as these can be used to work out if this actually was from the second run of figures.

Either way it does look more like a factory reject with so little effort applied to masking and overspray.

Also this..

I think these are reasonable grounds to complain, but Sideswipe wasn't designed to be a near $100 toy. He was designed to be pretty much half that price. Taking into account the additional charges that BBTS and other sellers have lopped onto the figure is a bit unfair. Still your complaints are justified imo.

UltraMarginal
2nd October 2014, 10:04 AM
While MP-12 was never famous for its high levels of paint QC yours seems to be toward the bottom end of acceptability. If possible, contact your retailer and see about an exchange. I would.

I agree here, you should do OK with BBTS, especially if you approach them sooner rather than later.

as also mentioned these really are a $50-$60 figure, it's just with the cost of importing and reselling it works out to be $100 through bbts

Jaisun
2nd October 2014, 11:27 AM
I appreciate everyone's input, thank you =o) My pickiness has eased over the years of collecting, becoming more tolerant of the minor issues that used to bother me, but when I saw this, I was having this "That's pretty bad for it's price... Or is that just old picky me...?" argument in my head, thank you for helping clear that one up. The fact I've seen better QC on retail deluxes made me think I wasn't being completely anal. I do agree stating it as a near-$100 figure isn't entirely fair, seeing as RK have these a fair bit cheaper being closer to the source (as far as I know), but even still, with the USD/AUD exchange rate lately, these figures hurt more than they have the last year or two (oh how I miss when we were dollar for dollar a couple years back).

Anyhoo, I will get on to BBTS today, hopefully we can sort something out =o) Do they want this one returned before they send another, or do they let you inspect the replacement before sending the defective? That would kinda blow to get a replacement that's worse than the original.

Sinnertwin
2nd October 2014, 11:43 AM
They may even give you a store credit, Jaisun.
I had an issue with damaged packaging once and they CBF wouldn't accept the return, all they were prepared to do was offer me $$$ as recompense -it wasn't about the money, i just wanted packaging that wasn't damaged :mad: even though it was classed as collectors grade :rolleyes:
I guess it also depends on who is responding to you email at the time. Hope it works out for you :)

drifand
2nd October 2014, 11:53 AM
Nice to know bbts drives on service. I might buy something from them in the end.

UltraMarginal
2nd October 2014, 03:01 PM
It depends, in this case they may want you to return it.
I had a defective generations blitzwing (two left tail fins) they sent me another loose blitzwing that clearly had bad wobbly hips but I was able to swap out the tail fin with no issues.

as long as you explain your case to them you should be able to work something out that suits you both.