PDA

View Full Version : New York Comic Con News.

Sky Shadow
9th October 2014, 11:32 AM
TFW2005 has photos up (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/nycc-2014-generationscombiner-wars-figures-leader-class-thundercracker-181297/), including Leader Class Thundercracker and Combiner Wars. The Aerialbots and Motormaster look great.

Also, Kre-O (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/nycc-2014-transformers-kre-o-181299/) and Robots in Disguise 2015 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/nycc-2014-transformers-robots-in-disguise-pics-181298/).

Paulbot
9th October 2014, 11:36 AM
I'm really liking the look of the new Thundercracker. Has an IDW feel, has the colours I want, is a character I really like. Will get that for sure.

The Combiner Wars toys also look pretty nice.

Looking forward to these replacing AOE on the shelves.

VERT
9th October 2014, 11:40 AM
I like what I see. Also like the black boxes. I hope thundercracker comes with his puppy :)

Shirokaze
9th October 2014, 12:58 PM
They look fantastic! Really like the packaging too. Makes not buying Transformers anymore quite difficult :o

Caffinetron
9th October 2014, 01:55 PM
Why is Drag Strip on both boxes as part of both combiners? MotorMaster looks sweet, I will be shelling out for the Stunticons.

Sky Shadow
9th October 2014, 02:10 PM
Why is Drag Strip on both boxes as part of both combiners?

Could be a conceptual plot point to Ultra Prime's role in Combiner Wars or emphasis on the Scramble-City randomness of it all. Could be a mistake.

5FDP
9th October 2014, 02:10 PM
+ 1 for Motormaster. I'll be getting the Aerialbots too. About time something came out that was worth buying!

Verno
9th October 2014, 02:12 PM
Transformers just wouldn't be Transformers without Optimus Prime, apparently. Just look at the dead guy go!

Trent
9th October 2014, 02:35 PM
Bidoof is going to wet himself over that Thundercracker :p I never considered the Jetfire mould for a seeker repaint but it looks good.

Aerialbots bot modes look good but alt modes suck. But for the price point I suppose we can't complain :)

Paulbot
9th October 2014, 03:10 PM
Just had a closer look at the Motormaster and Optimus Prime boxes. Both come with a collectors (or collection?) card.

jazzcomp
9th October 2014, 03:20 PM
Will buy these :D

Sky Shadow
9th October 2014, 03:23 PM
Why is Drag Strip on both boxes as part of both combiners? MotorMaster looks sweet, I will be shelling out for the Stunticons.

My Take II answer - Combiner Wars Wave 1 is Firefly, Skydive, Alpha Bravo, Dragstrip, Silverbolt and Optimus Prime. So Ultra Prime has those limbs. Motormaster is Wave 2, and has his 'normal' limbs (plus Offroad.) It will be interesting to see if Silverbolt's box has Drag Strip or Air Raid.

i_amtrunks
9th October 2014, 03:49 PM
Makes sense to split the alt modes between waves, as long as there is not too long a wait between them.

After AoE, it seems my wallet will be going back to hating me. I can easily skip Optimus and Thundercracker (as much as I like the idea, I am happy with the deluxe) but the combiners are must buys.

From an online retailer! :rolleyes:

reillyd
9th October 2014, 04:25 PM
Makes sense to split the alt modes between waves, as long as there is not too long a wait between them.

Or if Hasbro AU stuffs up, and we only get the first wave peg warming and skip waves two and three

Mythirax
9th October 2014, 04:44 PM
The Combiner Wars boxes look like 3rd party boxes. I like. Considering I collect the boxes :D

FruitBuyer
9th October 2014, 04:56 PM
Finally a chance to buy some decent combiners without needing to sell my liver like the 3P combiners are.

I think I'll be sticking with the traditional Superion so will be waiting for Silverbolt to serve as the torso. Well as traditional as possible with Alpha Bravo and Powerglide there.

Paulbot
9th October 2014, 05:03 PM
TFU.info, on twitter (https://twitter.com/TFU_INFO), has listed some US prices

Combiner Wars Pricepoints:
Legends $9.99
Deluxe $16.99
Voyager $24.99
Leader $44.99

RID Pricepoints:
One step - $9.99
Legion - $5.99
warrior- $14.99
three step changers 19.99
12" Titan heroes 12.99
6" Titan Guardians -5.99

A Combiner War gestalt is $103 USD complete (including gun)

Sky Shadow
9th October 2014, 05:22 PM
A Combiner War gestalt is $103 USD complete (including gun)

So much cheaper than a third-party one. Although at Myer, US$103 = AU$350, so I guess we'll see.:p

griffin
9th October 2014, 05:25 PM

This...

My Take II answer - Combiner Wars Wave 1 is Firefly, Skydive, Alpha Bravo, Dragstrip, Silverbolt and Optimus Prime. So Ultra Prime has those limbs. Motormaster is Wave 2, and has his 'normal' limbs (plus Offroad.) It will be interesting to see if Silverbolt's box has Drag Strip or Air Raid.

Silverbolt and Optimus are supposed to be Wave one (according to Hasbro way back at SDCC, so can change, especially on items announced about 8 months before its release)... while Motormaster is Wave two.
Wave one Deluxes are the four listed above, so it is odd but necessary to promote a Decepticon as part of an Autobot combiner. Dragstrip was also shown as part of the Aerialbots at SDCC as well, so expect it on the back of Superions box too.

Just had a closer look at the Motormaster and Optimus Prime boxes. Both come with a collectors (or collection?) card.

The Hasbro rep at BotCon told me that the 2015 Legends toys would have Collector Cards (to replace the targetmaster), so maybe all of the size-classes will have Cards as well.

The display cases should be interesting in the next couple days, as we will get names for items that are still unknown characters, particularly for RID.

I was trying to write down all the things on display at this pre-NYCC event, but had to give up when I got the RID displays.
There appeared to be four tables...

1 - Generations
Legends Huffer - orange Optimus remould
Deluxe Firefly
Deluxe Skydive
Deluxe Alpha Bravo
Voyager Optimus Prime (forms core of Ultra Prime)
Voyager Motormaster - grey Optimus remould (forms core of Motormaster)
Leader Thundercracker - blue Jetfire remould
(other Generations toys from the first two waves are likely to be on display at NYCC)

2 - Kreo
- RID Buildsets (with Kreons and a Protoform? capsule/pod/coffin?)
Optimus (truck) w/ 4 Kreons
Underbite (purple vehicle) w/ 3 Kreons
Bumblebee (yellow car) w/ 3 Kreons
Sideswipe (red car) w/ 2 Kreons
Strongarm (blue offroad) w/ 2 Kreons
- RID Custom W1
Bumblebee (yellow)
??? (dark blue)
Optimus (red)
??? (green)
- Gen1 Small Battle Changers (convertible)
Bumblebee (car)
Grimlock (dinosaur)
Starscream (jet)
Optimus (truck cab)
- Gen1 big Battle Changers (convertible) (all these years of fans demanding convertible Kreo... careful what you wish for, because these aren't good)
Optimus (truck and trailer - only truck cab is robot mode)
Megatron (tank - the "new" Gen1 form of Megatron toys now)
Ratchet (ambulance)
Soundwave (jet - similar to TFCybertron) WITH Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy.
- Blind packs (don't appear to be MicroCHANGERS this time)
(12 Gen1 characters in historical outfits.... WTF?... no more characters left to convert???)

3 - RID Deluxe (& Voyager?) 3-Step Changer
- Voyager? 3-Step Changer
Grimlock (green)
Bumblebee (yellow car - at the back... I hope it's not a Voyager well, it's still a Voyager price-point)
- Deluxe
Bumblebee (yellow car - at the front and in card)
Optimus (truck)
Strongarm (blue/white offroad)
Steeljaw (light blue racecar)
Grimlock (green)

4 - RID One-step, Legion, Titan 6-inch, Titan electronic
- One-step (right of table)
Steeljaw (light blue car)
Bumblebee (yellow)
Strongarm white/blue (and in card)
Grimlock (green)
Sideswipe (red - similar to One-Step Movie Drift)
- Legion (left of table)
Bumblebee (yellow)
Optimus (red truck)
Grimlock (green)
Sideswipe (red car)
Strongarm (white/blue)
- Titan Electronic (back of table - the big ones)
Steeljaw (blue)
Optimus (blue/red)
Sideswipe (red)
Bumblebee (yellow)
- Titan 6-inch (in front of big Electronic ones - should be same size as SDCC Gen1 Titans)
Steeljaw (light blue)
Optimus (red/blue)
Bumblebee (yellow)

Actually, that should be names on everything there except the 12 Kreo blind-packs... which I could probably work out if I wanted to waste the time.

Sky Shadow
9th October 2014, 05:43 PM
Well as traditional as possible with Alpha Bravo and Powerglide there.

http://s7.postimg.org/4ir9n2xh7/Untitled_1.png

griffin
9th October 2014, 06:14 PM
2 - Kreo
- RID Buildsets (with Kreons and a Protoform? capsule/pod/coffin?)
Optimus (truck) w/ 4 Kreons
Underbite (purple vehicle) w/ 3 Kreons
Bumblebee (yellow car) w/ 3 Kreons
Sideswipe (red car) w/ 2 Kreons
Strongarm (blue offroad) w/ 2 Kreons
- RID Custom W1
Bumblebee (yellow)
??? (dark blue)
Optimus (red)
??? (green)
- Gen1 Small Battle Changers (convertible)
Bumblebee (car)
Grimlock (dinosaur)
Starscream (jet)
Optimus (truck cab)
- Gen1 big Battle Changers (convertible) (all these years of fans demanding convertible Kreo... careful what you wish for, because these aren't good)
Optimus (truck and trailer - only truck cab is robot mode)
Megatron (tank - the "new" Gen1 form of Megatron toys now)
Ratchet (ambulance)
Soundwave (jet - similar to TFCybertron) WITH Laserbeak, Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy.
- Blind packs (don't appear to be MicroCHANGERS this time)
(12 Gen1 characters in historical outfits.... WTF?... no more characters left to convert???)

The unknown Customs could be Grimlock (green) and Steeljaw (blue).

From this official image (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/8/0/5/0/7/KRE-O-TRANSFORMERS-KREON-WARRIORS-Wv1_1412832557.jpg) of the 12 blind pack "warriors"...
There are two of each in different "human" costumes. :rolleyes:
Optimus - samurai & cowboy
Bumblebee - roman & cowboy
Megatron - ninja & knight?
Starscream - WW1 or WW2 aviator & musketeer?
Shockwave - ninja & WW1 or WW2 tank operator
Ratchet - musketeer? & roman

What were they smoking?
Surely there are other Microchangers they could have created or recoloured.

Gofigure
9th October 2014, 06:49 PM
So much G1 win.....(single tear rolls down cheek)

Starscream77
9th October 2014, 07:05 PM
All bought on site (spelling intended as these will be online as I have zero faith in Aus retail)
And as others have mentioned the new black packaging looks so much better then the current stuff

Bidoofdude
9th October 2014, 07:15 PM
Holy *expletive* cow. That Thundercracker is AMAZING. AMAZING. The colours (the show ones, not the photoshop) are spot on sky blue and the IDW F-22 look is there. I hope we get Starscream and Skywarp, but this will do me. I'm guessing a lot more people will want the Marissa Faireborn figure that's coming out. I kind of want it myself, but a dog is needed.

The combiners are looking really good. I love the new boxes. Very displayable black with nice art. Optimus Prime actually looks pretty good in the photo of his box.

As for Huffer, YES. I was a little disappointed seeing the thumbnail of him on TFW, being a retool of Optimus but when I saw the close up pics, it's genius. It's so Huffer. You can see most of Huffer's classic torso under the windows, which is nice. The head is 100% awesome. It was pretty smart of Hasbro. This is a Sandstorm-level good. Bring on a Pipes repaint!

I like the very GEEWUN Kreo builds. They took note of all the customs, and pulled them off well, especially Starscream. I'll buy a TC redeco.

FruitBuyer
9th October 2014, 07:41 PM
http://s7.postimg.org/4ir9n2xh7/Untitled_1.png

I know about them. I certainly raised my eyebrow when I saw them pop up in the chapter for that scene. RiD has been doing a fair bit of toy selling recently though it doesn't bother me that much since it was largely tasteful.

Except for Slag changing his name to Slug just because Arcee told him it's offensive. Since when does Slag (SLAG!) of all bots care about other's feelings?

None the less, Superion remains firmly as my No# 1 anticipated purchase in the next year. I'm making preparations on where to place him.

Mythirax
9th October 2014, 11:16 PM
So much cheaper than a third-party one. Although at Myer, US$103 = AU$350, so I guess we'll see.:p

So much G1 win.....(single tear rolls down cheek)

All bought on site (spelling intended as these will be online as I have zero faith in Aus retail)

+1

Sinnertwin
10th October 2014, 01:22 AM
Lets see,
A boring big blue jet to compliment the boring small blue jet... an orange Prime repaint... another Optimus... kiddy toys and green dinosaurs...
Combiner Wars, now we're talking :cool:

Lord_Zed
10th October 2014, 05:48 PM
Nothing new revealed here that is really thrilling me. Though still digging the robot faces on the new combiners, if not all their alt modes.

Sky Shadow
10th October 2014, 05:52 PM
Nothing new revealed here that is really thrilling me. Though still digging the robot faces on the new combiners, if not all their alt modes.

On the subject of the Combiners' robot faces, have we seen Ultra Prime's gestalt head? The back of the box seems to show Superion's. (Unless he's supposed to have Superion's head...) Also, it might be cool if they recoloured Dead End as Jazz, Breakdown as Sideswipe, Drag Strip as Mirage, and Offroad as Windcharger. Then they can merge into Masquerade Menasor, and make it more logical why Optimus is a Special Team torso now.

Lord_Zed
10th October 2014, 06:56 PM
On the subject of the Combiners' robot faces, have we seen Ultra Prime's gestalt head? The back of the box seems to show Superion's. (Unless he's supposed to have Superion's head...) Also, it might be cool if they recoloured Dead End as Jazz, Breakdown as Sideswipe, Drag Strip as Mirage, and Offroad as Windcharger. Then they can merge into Masquerade Menasor, and make it more logical why Optimus is a Special Team torso now.

That's seems way to clever for Hasbro though, like if they had made the torso reapint bot Prowlimus Prime like in the IDW comics rather than plain old Optimus.

I assumed Optimus is a special team torso now because he and Bumblebee can do anything.

Mythirax
10th October 2014, 07:04 PM
I assumed Optimus is a special team torso now because he and Bumblebee can do anything.

Rofl, so true.

griffin
10th October 2014, 07:44 PM

I think they should have released one Voyager and the matching four Deluxes (and Legends) for each wave, starting with the Aerialbots in wave one, Combaticons in wave two, and Optimus and the redeco Autobot cars as wave three... then they could have the proper "collect them all to form..." bit on the back.

There are supposed to be 6 Voyagers and 16 Deluxe Generations for 2015, which is enough for four full combiners, and two redeco Voyagers (or two who are not combiner Voyagers).

griffin
10th October 2014, 09:57 PM
Some news from the Convention itself now that it has started. (no sign of a product display yet)

Hasbro's RID panel (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/nycc-2014-hasbro-rid-panel-live-181313/) - I would say "spoilers", but everything they say should be in the first episode to explain the premise of the series. (but avoid if you want to watch the first episode and be surprised)

Two RID clips on youtube that Hasbro showed at the panel (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/robots-in-disguise-new-preview-clips-181316/) - The first one is the Autobots taking on their alt-modes. The second is fighting a Decepticon lobster, called Bisque. :rolleyes:

IDW had a panel as well (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/nycc-2014-idw-transformers-panel-coverage-181318/), covering their upcoming comics... and possibly revealing that the other two Combiner toys mightl be Defensor and Devastator (since we have 16 Deluxe toys for 2015, it gives us four different combiners).

FruitBuyer
11th October 2014, 12:06 AM
Defensor? With the Protectobots on the Lost Light?

SharkyMcShark
11th October 2014, 12:30 AM
Defensor? With the Protectobots on the Lost Light?

I'll just chime in here and say it's almost definitely happening - the superfluous/out of place helicopter Aerialbot is a really obvious Blades repaint.

FruitBuyer
11th October 2014, 07:22 AM
I'll just chime in here and say it's almost definitely happening - the superfluous/out of place helicopter Aerialbot is a really obvious Blades repaint.

I always thought Alpha Bravo was going to be a Vortex repaint but I suppose that makes sense since the Combaticons haven't been seen as a group for a while.

SofaMan
11th October 2014, 10:13 AM
The standout for me, apart from the combiners, was the little history Kreons!

griffin
11th October 2014, 04:04 PM
I take back my comments on the "history" Kreons... as there seems to be unanimous support for them here.
Lego (minifigure) fans perhaps, or just keen for something wacky and creative from Hasbro?

As for Alpha Bravo, the front looks like it could also be Blast Off if sold without the rotors (and maybe a remoulded tail-fin)... similar to the recent Kabaya combiners which had blast off and Vortex share a mould.

i_amtrunks
11th October 2014, 06:06 PM
Also interesting that combiner wars is set between RiD and Windblade. I was expecting it to be something set alongside S2 of the on goings.

Livio will be very busy, he seems to be idw's go yo guy at the moment.

Sky Shadow
11th October 2014, 06:24 PM
Also interesting that combiner wars is set between RiD and Windblade. I was expecting it to be something set alongside S2 of the on goings.

I think that makes sense, as they can't keep interrupting the Lost Light's quest for the sake of crossovers. It will be interesting to see how the Protectobots come into it, though.

Paulbot
11th October 2014, 06:58 PM

Livio will be very busy, he seems to be idw's go yo guy at the moment.

No, it's a crossover between RID and a second Windblade series. It "runs" between the two books like Dark Cybertron ran between RID and MTMTE, not "set" between.

This news came out a little while back (http://www.newsarama.com/21865-big-boys-come-to-play-in-transformers-combiner-wars-crossover.html)

Beginning in March “Combiner Wars” will crisscross between the main Transformers comic series (formerly subtitled Robots In Disguise) and the upcoming Transformers: Windblade ongoing series. The crossover will be written by Barber along with Mairghread Scott, and illustrated by Sarah Stone and Livio Ramondelli.

Sky Shadow
11th October 2014, 08:25 PM
No, it's a crossover between RID and a second Windblade series. It "runs" between the two books like Dark Cybertron ran between RID and MTMTE, not "set" between.

Note that I read that as was what Trunks was saying (otherwise my response makes no sense.)

i_amtrunks
11th October 2014, 08:35 PM
I think that makes sense, as they can't keep interrupting the Lost Light's quest for the sake of crossovers. It will be interesting to see how the Protectobots come into it, though.

That was my initial thinking.

Sorry for the confusion Paulbot, I was expecting this longer down the line considering how out of it the Aerialbots are.