PDA

View Full Version : The Sneaker Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Megatran
24th April 2014, 12:30 PM
The Jordan Retro VI Carmine are coming out next month (Saturday 24th May). I really want a pair in my size. If it turns out to be super limited stock I'm gonna take an annual leave day on the Friday to line up to secure a pair. This lining up business is really getting out of hand.

dirge
24th April 2014, 06:40 PM
Carmines I would expect will be fairly widely released. Will still be a line up, but none of this 2 day lineup business.

jazzcomp
25th April 2014, 07:21 PM
I hate scalpers :mad:

dirge
9th May 2014, 04:49 PM
Managed to pick up a pair of today's Kobe Elites (Hero pack) at 11am. Luckily, I have a larger foot than most Kobe fans in Sydney. Wasn't concerned if I missed out, but I consider myself fortunate!

jazzcomp
9th May 2014, 05:43 PM
:). Nice! It's 25% off this week for footlocker. How was the line?

dirge
9th May 2014, 06:36 PM
I didn't line up; there was still a 10.5 (and 2 big sizes) left when I got there at 11am! I didn't use the 25% as I had a birthday voucher (worth more). From what they told me there was quite a line this morning.

Megatran
19th May 2014, 03:51 PM
Finally ..... what I've been waiting for. Jordan VI 'Carmine' is due for release this Saturday. :):cool: This and the Jordan VI 'Black Infrared', which hopefully is due later this year. Life is good. :D

dirge
22nd May 2014, 02:18 AM
Best of luck on Saturday megatran!

Megatran
25th May 2014, 07:11 PM
Picked up a pair of Jordan 6 'Carmine' in my size yesterday. :) A lot nicer looking than the Jordan 6 'White Infrared' IMO.

Megatran
5th June 2014, 10:29 AM
Jordan 6 'Champagne' and 'Cigar' (http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2014/05/air-jordan-6-retro-championship-pack-release-date/) colourways is dropping in on 14th June.

twizz
5th June 2014, 02:28 PM
Joran 6 'Champagne' and 'Cigar' (http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2014/05/air-jordan-6-retro-championship-pack-release-date/) colourways is dropping in on 14th June.

yuuuck what is with JB dropping all these new different colourways every week, Keep it retro

dirge
5th June 2014, 04:11 PM
Picked up a pair of Jordan 6 'Carmine' in my size yesterday. :) A lot nicer looking than the Jordan 6 'White Infrared' IMO.

Yeah they really messed up that InfraPink. Glad you got your Carmines, dude.

Jordan 6 'Champagne' and 'Cigar' (http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2014/05/air-jordan-6-retro-championship-pack-release-date/) colourways is dropping in on 14th June.

Not sure I wanna deal with the line up, but would like that Cigar pair. Not a must-have by any means; I was actually hoping for more simple colourblocking in some of the 6s this year (like the red pair back in Feb); the WC pair have simple blocking but wacky colours (and a CP3 noone will care about).

Megatran
5th June 2014, 04:24 PM
The Champagne (green) doesn't suit my taste. The Cigar (umber colour) I dig.

The Jordan 6 Retro Sport Blue and Black Infrared are released later this year. So there is something for everyone. :)

dirge
5th June 2014, 05:00 PM
Yeah the champagne I dislike. Cigars are nice enough. Still, would have liked to see a carolina blue upper or something; new colourways using more "traditional" Jordan colours.

I have the Infrareds from 2010, but keen on them Sport Blues. It's looking less likely my Maroons are coming back this year. I had a pair back in '91... keen for them to come back but would have expected news on them by now.

Megatran
6th June 2014, 08:48 AM
It's looking less likely my Maroons are coming back this year. I had a pair back in '91... keen for them to come back but would have expected news on them by now.
You'd think the classic retro colours would make it out this anniversary year. :rolleyes: Perhaps a Quick Strike release??? Or are they making us wait another 23 years. :rolleyes:

dirge
7th June 2014, 05:19 PM
I doubt we'll wait 23 years. I expect either it'll sneak up on us later this year or in the first half of next year. Not quite a QS, but short notice like today's GS Vivid Pink/Grape pair.

Megatran
11th June 2014, 03:22 PM
Jordan 6 Champagne and Cigar at Footlocker (VIC) is only available at Swanston St. Well I'm out.

(Kickz will also be stocking these sneakers).

twizz
13th June 2014, 05:22 PM
Jordan 6 Champagne and Cigar at Footlocker (VIC) is only available at Swanston St. Well I'm out.

(Kickz will also be stocking these sneakers).

I walk past Kickz twice a day... Wednesday morning there was one guy camping.. Thursday morning 15, today well over 30

dirge
14th June 2014, 05:02 AM
Haha the cigars & champagnes sold out on like Tuesday here - 1 store only getting them. I know the guy at the front of the line, too. It's kinda nuts to line up for 4 days...

I'm actually in line (tho not lining up) but only because I'm picking up size 14 for a mate (who has a scheduling conflict) and you don't need to line up for that size! I can post pics if anyone wants (:

Megatran
14th June 2014, 08:50 AM
I'm actually in line (tho not lining up) but only because I'm picking up size 14 for a mate (who has a scheduling conflict) and you don't need to line up for that size! I can post pics if anyone wants (:

Looks like you got big shoes to fill. Joking aside, tried Nike online store. FAILED. Sold out in minutes. :(

dirge
14th June 2014, 09:30 AM
Yeah I tried myself for the cigars; no luck. I'm not worried though; I have better 6s and TBH if the colourway was done in something other than a 6, I'd have not wanted them. I got the Brazil pack & frankly it's s nicer pair (to wear; which I will).

Megatran
14th June 2014, 07:53 PM
I got the Brazil pack & frankly it's s nicer pair (to wear; which I will).

:cool:
I'm getting the feeling you've got more pairs of shoes than Imelda Marcos. :p

dirge
14th June 2014, 09:24 PM
Probably not that many. Running out of space tho...

Megatran
21st July 2014, 12:25 PM
The Jordan 5 "3Lab5" Metallic Silver will be available at Footlocker this Saturday. I'm a fan of the 5's but the elephant print is putting me off.

dirge
21st July 2014, 06:33 PM
..and the likely overnight lineup required?

Megatran
21st July 2014, 11:16 PM
..and the likely overnight lineup required?

Yeah, that too.
Though it wouldn't surprise me if some dudes lined up 2 days prior.

Megatran
24th July 2014, 01:48 PM
The Jordan 5 "3Lab5" Metallic Silver will be available at Footlocker this Saturday. I'm a fan of the 5's but the elephant print is putting me off.

Footlocker Swanston St only for VIC. Well, that means I'm out ......

dirge
24th July 2014, 06:19 PM
I actually got a sneak peek at the 3lab5s today. Don't like the look at all, in person.

They were always gunna be flagship stores only - all the "lab" series have been so far.

dirge
2nd August 2014, 09:08 AM
Without any announcement on their blog, Footlocker quietly released these (http://www.eukicks.com/nike-air-flightposite-2014-copper-preview/) yesterday. Not sure how many stores got 'em (possibly just George St, Murray St & Swanston St) but I picked up a pair.

Megatran
2nd September 2014, 03:01 PM
Got myself a pair of Jordan Retro VI 'Sport Blue' over the weekend. :)

Now just waiting on the Jordan Retro VI Black Infrared later in the year.

dirge
2nd September 2014, 06:44 PM
They're a nice pair, them Sport Blues. And not stupid limited, which is nice (:

lancalot
2nd September 2014, 09:07 PM
hey can i request picture in this thread :) ....as i would love to see how they look like ... some of them looks really good and interesting , but i don't follow shoe trends , so like to know what new etc ....
it just make it more interesting to know what you guys talking about also.

dirge
2nd September 2014, 11:12 PM
Sport Blue 6s (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=sport+blue+6s&client=firefox-a&hs=H0U&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7cEFVKPRINXf8AWxwIHoAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1256&bih=686). That's a Google images search as I don't wanna hotlink to an image.

Megatran
2nd October 2014, 05:49 PM
Anyone getting these Jordan 6 'Slam Dunk' (http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/17/anime-inspired-air-jordan-6-slam-dunk/).

Dropping in later this month.

jazzcomp
2nd October 2014, 08:34 PM
Nice :)

dirge
3rd October 2014, 09:35 PM
I'll be passing on the Slam Dunk 6s. I dislike the clear tongue/heeltab/outsole. But they'll be popular. They;'re not actually _that_ limited, either. You want 'em Megatran?

Megatran
3rd October 2014, 10:26 PM
At $300 a pair, that's too pricey. I'm out. Call me old fashioned but i rather go for original colourways. Black Infrared 6s on Black Friday is a must. And if only the Maroons had a confirmed release date. Both of which i never had the luxury of owning.

lancalot
4th October 2014, 01:59 AM
they nice but at 300 hey?...wooo too pricy for me

dirge
4th October 2014, 11:13 PM
I have the Infra-Reds, but like you I'm waiting for the Maroons. The last 6 I want, really.

Not sure how $300 retail is gunna go - wouldn't be surprised if the Slam Dunks flop locally.

Megatran
3rd November 2014, 05:49 PM
Arguably the biggest and most anticipated release for 2014 is the Air Jordan 6 Retro 'Black Infra-red'. Available on Black Friday (28 November).

Here's a pic. (http://www.kicksonfire.com/2014/06/09/air-jordan-6-black-infrared-another-look/). (Source KicksOnFire.com)

dirge
3rd November 2014, 08:10 PM
I'm not excited for these (copped them in 2010) but yes it's a massive release. Carmines probably edge these out for the biggest released, but it's damn close!

Megatran
25th November 2014, 09:47 PM
Footlocker Oz website mentions Expressions of Interest for Limited Release shoes. It appears they are addressing the line up problems.

Anyone know what EOI entails?

Megatran
27th November 2014, 06:37 PM
This Expression of Interest is utter rubbish. Rang my local store. There were around 140 people expressing interest in tomorrow's release of Jordan Retro 6 Black Infrared. And only 60 pairs, let alone only a handful of size 8 (my size). Footlockers will be pulling names out of a hat until all 60 pairs of sneakers are gone. The remainder of people will miss out. There's going to be a lot of unhappy people tomorrow. :mad:

dirge
29th November 2014, 10:21 AM
How'd you go in the raffle, Megatran?

Footlocker AU's raffle system is a joke, I agree. They've put the system together on the back of an envelope & I know that internally the store staff have been telling head office it's a badly done system.

(I copped, but I lined up at a Nikestore; real limited sizerun - I was copping mostly for my wife & managed to help some friends out too).

Megatran
29th November 2014, 10:42 AM
I couldn't attend due to work travel comittments. My kind brother took a half day off work to attend the raffle draw on my behalf (he had to pop into the store a day prior to register as well). No luck. *sad face*

This was the one I REALLY wanted this year. Looks like another 23 years of waiting. *shakes head*

On a positive note, people who picked up a pair would have had this face expression walking out the store :D Good on 'em.

dirge
29th November 2014, 07:45 PM
Yeah size 8 is a tough one. A guy I know (who's only this year actually bought Jordans after wanting them as a kid) is a size 8. I advised him that if he wants to be sure, he needs to do an overnight camp with me at Nikestore. Which he did. The store had 2 size 8s & they both effectively sold out on Thursday.

jazzcomp
29th November 2014, 07:55 PM
Ebay :)

Megatran
29th November 2014, 09:17 PM
The problem with eBay is that there's plenty of KO's out there. Even when sellers put up pics of the authorised retail store receipts & sneakers, that doesn't guarantee the sneaker they post in the mail is authentic.

BRING BACK THE LINE UP. I'd rather camp out overnight then play this raffle garbage.

jazzcomp
29th November 2014, 10:07 PM
I'd hope that local ebay sellers are legit.

dirge
4th December 2014, 09:12 PM
BRING BACK THE LINE UP. I'd rather camp out overnight then play this raffle garbage.

I think most of us would.

Megatran
6th February 2015, 09:32 PM
The RRP of Retro Jordans have gone up. :(

dirge
11th February 2015, 08:21 PM
Yeah but they're using better quality leathers this year. For $20 extra with our falling dollar it's not a bad deal.

dirge
11th February 2015, 10:25 PM
A mate of mine bought these a few years ago; they were quite limited & so he bought a size 10 instead of 9.5. Wore them once then decided to buy a 9.5 on eBay. So he's asked me to sell the size 10s on his behalf:

http://mail.paxeiro.com/bumblebees.jpg

They're fully licensed by Nike & have G1 Autobot logos on the heel. Proper Basketball Sneakers with a Bumblebee theme.

He's asking $160 (retail price was over $200). Postage would be about $20 to the SE mainland states, more to WA or NT, Sydney pickup (Parra Fair is of course doable.

I'm also myself selling a pair of Voltron themed Reebok runners size 10.5, $50 plus postage:

http://mail.paxeiro.com/voltrons.jpg

jazzcomp
11th February 2015, 11:11 PM
Ows, wrong size :(

lancalot
12th February 2015, 09:13 PM
love the BB shoe as well...but wrong size...im 8.5 !:(

Megatran
21st February 2015, 07:16 PM
Tried my luck early this morning at my local Footlocker for a pair of Jordan Retro IV 'Oreo'. Went home empty handed. How I hate this new ticketing system! What peeved me off even more was that people were still hanging around waiting for their ticket number to be 'pulled out of a hat' even though sizes 10.5 & under were all gone. Gives me the impression of onselling. (There were only 22 pairs with well over 100 people attending. More than half of them I've never seen before).

love the BB shoe as well...but wrong size...im 8.5 !:(
Other than your avatar, I don't know why but I pictured you as a massive dude who could crush mere humans without breaking a sweat. I'm the same shoe size. It's surprising how 8.5 fits so perfectly yet so elusive.

dirge
22nd February 2015, 01:44 PM
Ah the 8.5 shoe size. Footlocker seems to think noone has that size.

I brought mates to the Footlocker raffle yesterday. One got called & got my size 10. Another got called last & got the last pair - a 12 - which I'm passing on to a guy in Adelaide I know (at cost). He didn't get called in the raffle there (and only one store in Adelaide got them).

lancalot
22nd February 2015, 10:50 PM
lucky i don't collect shoes...it sound like a real headache ...raffle :rolleyes: ...
even normal online sales...8.5 is never in stock !! :mad:

Megatran
22nd February 2015, 11:13 PM
I brought mates to the Footlocker raffle yesterday. One got called & got my size 10.
Hat off to you.

Ofcourse! Get my wife to register as well & double my chance.

lucky i don't collect shoes...
That's a smart choice. :)

Megatran
8th March 2015, 04:37 PM
The Jordan IV 'Teal' (http://sneakernews.com/2015/02/17/air-jordan-4-teal-release-date/) will be released this coming Saturday (14th March).

I'll be entering Footlocker's raffle system. :rolleyes:

dirge
8th March 2015, 09:05 PM
I'm after those as well, Megatran. Good luck!

kurdt_the_goat
9th March 2015, 12:51 PM
Have avoided buying sneakers for too long since every time i look there's never a design i like ... but my hand was forced this weekend due to current pair ripping completely across the front mesh. That's the 2nd pair of Asics that have done that (despite them improving the section with another piece over the big toe area). So despite liking Asics designs the most (generally) i was thinking it might be time for a change.

The new pair has to be no mesh, preferably light, looks good, comfy and so on. Pretty much impossible then, about 5 stores later I stumbled across exactly what i was looking for:

http://i.imgur.com/nG778Rl.jpg

Asics again but no mesh, and they have a unique cushioned tongue section that integrates with the heel so they're super comfy.

I get home and my wife is like hey don't they look like that toy you've got ... "which one?" ... and she points to MP Hot Rod.... hmm i guess they do! Then she goes "oh and the colour is also like Nintendo Famicom.. at this point i'm thinking shit have i've been completely brainwashed by toys and games!

Akky82
13th March 2015, 05:59 PM
Got me some New Balance 996 Toky Design House - Black this week. Been looking for something that instantly takes my fancy since my black 410's were ripped last October. I saw the 996's in swanston st Platypus shoes 2 weeks ago but was indecisive. Went to northland the next day (instead of highpoint, ugh wish i'd gone highpoint) and they had none. Checked online, my size sold out, went to a store in brisbane and they said none in qld but they ordered them in.

Pretty happy, love the reflective silver on the back, tongue and laces, but especially love the actual reflector N. I'm like a kid... shiny stuff!

I'm picky with sneakers, I dont collect i just wear one pair everywhere until they're worn out. If onitsuka tiger had made more sakurada i'd buy them any day, probably any colour too, they were my favourite, but now they're falling apart and consigned to wearing for my work commute (actually right now they're being used to hold down the corners of weed matting in the back yard >_< ).

Megatran
15th March 2015, 07:02 PM
I'm after those as well, Megatran. Good luck!
Missed out again. Hope you had better luck dirge.

jazzcomp
17th March 2015, 03:33 PM
man-pawns-283-pairs-of-jordan-to-buy-his-future-wife-a-house/ (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/03/man-pawns-283-pairs-of-jordan-to-buy-his-soon-to-be-wife-a-house/)

We can convert this to sell shoe/toy collection for house downpayment :)

Akky82
17th March 2015, 10:31 PM
man-pawns-283-pairs-of-jordan-to-buy-his-future-wife-a-house/ (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/03/man-pawns-283-pairs-of-jordan-to-buy-his-soon-to-be-wife-a-house/)

We can convert this to sell shoe/toy collection for house downpayment :)

For a moment I was prepared for this to be an article about my brother (he's getting married in 2 weeks, been collecting since like '94 maybe).

We actually talked about his collection recently, his wife to be hasn't seen them before, so she'll get a surprise when they move in post wedding. But yeah he mentioned being worried that a lot of them might just fall apart if handled/worn.

dirge
18th March 2015, 06:48 AM
Missed out again. Hope you had better luck dirge.

Yeah I snagged me a pair.

Kurdt, I've seen those Asics Gel Lyte Vs. Not my thing but quality looking shoe with good materials & inner bootie.

jazzcomp
19th March 2015, 09:46 PM
Rare player editions (http://solecollector.com/news/air-jordan-pe-rare/)

jazzcomp
19th March 2015, 09:54 PM
Saturday releases - send your EOI (http://www.footlocker.com.au/sneaker-central/cat/release-updates/post/releases-21-3-15/)

jazzcomp
19th March 2015, 10:06 PM
When is the release date for Kyrie 1 brotherhood?

lancalot
23rd March 2015, 12:42 PM
i just saw these ....
ADIDAS ZX FLUX XENO !! they hectic.... i wonder when aus going to get them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvV8TDSM8a8

Akky82
24th March 2015, 12:21 AM
i just saw these ....
ADIDAS ZX FLUX XENO !! they hectic.... i wonder when aus going to get them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvV8TDSM8a8

Oh wow, as i said before with my shiny new balance, i'm like a kid. Just showed my wife and she told me i should try and get some :-)

k.wong23
24th March 2015, 09:25 AM
Picked up a pair of Nike Air Tavas in white :)

http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/nike-air-max-tavas-white-cool-grey-wolf-grey-1.jpg

lancalot
24th March 2015, 11:18 PM
:eek: some shoe crumble even if you shrink wrap it!! and i thought yellowing in toy were bad...
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/03/some-sneakers-age-terribly/

Megatran
3rd May 2015, 10:36 AM
Anyone picked up the Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Hornets' (http://www.k101store.com/collections/kickz/products/air-jordan-5-retro-hornets) yesterday?

:eek: some shoe crumble even if you shrink wrap it!! and i thought yellowing in toy were bad...
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/03/some-sneakers-age-terribly/
Wow. Just wow. Thats sole destroying. :p

jazzcomp
23rd May 2015, 08:32 AM
jordan 11 retro release & i couldn't get through checkout page. :(

millhouse
23rd May 2015, 09:44 PM
Snagged a pair of Jordan AJ 2.0 red/black/grey for $45 yesterday - half a size too big but perfect for the day and a half a week I work at JBs on the concrete sales floor.

jazzcomp
24th May 2015, 01:24 AM
Nice score :)

alltransformers
3rd June 2015, 02:22 AM
Anyone could suggest a comfy pair of sneakers for a US size 11? Haha its so hard to find shoes in my size (in Singapore)

jazzcomp
16th June 2015, 05:56 PM
Avenger shoes (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2493386-adidas-to-release-limited-edition-collection-of-marvels-avengers-shoes?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national) Thinking of buying Thor's or Cap's :)

jazzcomp
26th October 2015, 05:13 PM
Anyone knows where I can get a pair of Curry 2 Dub Nation?

Megatran
3rd April 2017, 01:31 PM
Walked in to Footlocker on my lunch break yesterday. Walked out with Jordan 4 Motorsport & Jordan 6 Alternate '91'. Couldn't believe my luck they had my size.

jazzcomp
3rd April 2017, 10:49 PM
Nice.

philby
4th April 2017, 08:44 PM
I need to replace a pair of nikes. i thought they were air force 1 but i think they are actually dunk low sb or something. I want basically just the same as i have now, black shoe with white swoosh but it is impossible. im tempted to customise a pair online but its pretty expensive.

jazzcomp
30th June 2017, 10:20 AM
There are some casuals that might look equivalent.

Ace
1st July 2017, 12:01 AM
Anyone seen Marky Mark's new Jordan's? He's been showing them off on his gram.

philby
1st July 2017, 09:58 PM
There are some casuals that might look equivalent.

I ended up finding some which were almost exactly the same, except the sole is a 'gum' colour not black. They are more like skater shoes I think than strict casual. I also got some 'paul rodriguez' shoes as well whoever that is, the colour was nice. Only problem is they keep giving me blisters :(

jazzcomp
2nd July 2017, 08:21 AM
Anyone seen Marky Mark's new Jordan's? He's been showing them off on his gram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV8fD8cBRiH/?taken-by=markwahlberg
Very nice. Though I don't like shiny shoes and the gum sole will turn yellow over time.

I ended up finding some which were almost exactly the same, except the sole is a 'gum' colour not black. They are more like skater shoes I think than strict casual. I also got some 'paul rodriguez' shoes as well whoever that is, the colour was nice. Only problem is they keep giving me blisters :(
Don't know him too. SB shoes?

Don't buy new stuff now. The latest I've got are James Harden's black and gold low cut bball shoes from last year. :cool:

gamblor916
22nd July 2017, 06:59 PM
I got to wander around in the Flight Club store in New York. Rows and rows of shrink wrapped sneakers.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4311/35240797704_bc9651dbff_o.jpg

jazzcomp
23rd July 2017, 08:13 AM
Wow!

Megatran
25th July 2017, 11:03 PM
Wow. Just wow gamblor! :cool:

On local news, I hear that Footlocker has started an online shop with free shipping on purchases of $150+.

Also a few months back Nike mentioned they will be making their limited release Jordan Retros more readily available moving forward (to bolster sales revenue).

Galvatran
5th September 2018, 11:35 PM
People purchasing Nike kicks & setting it on fire in protest of Nike's latest celebrity campaign. :rolleyes:

Autocon
6th September 2018, 01:03 AM
Who is the celebrity?

jazzcomp
6th September 2018, 10:20 AM
American Football SF49ers QB Colin Kaepernick I think.

Galvatran
6th September 2018, 06:20 PM
American Football SF49ers QB Colin Kaepernick I think.
You deserve to be Knighted sir jazzcomp. Now get down on bended knee...

Galvatran
3rd January 2019, 10:29 PM
So I burst the air cushion of my Nike Air Max whilst jogging (mostly walking actually). What jogging sneakers do people recommend?

This time I would like a light weight sneakers that is durable and also comfy.

No @dirge... I ain't jogging with my Jordans. :D

jazzcomp
4th January 2019, 10:35 AM
Brooks, New Balance, Asics, Nike Free, etc.

I like my old AirMax Conquest till it broke. I have a Nike Dual Fusion now. Adidas bounce seems good too.

I have better recommendations on basketball shoes than runners :)

Fungal Infection
4th January 2019, 11:45 AM
If you like a really soft, cushy feeling, go with Asics Kayanos or Nimbus. A bit too cushy for my liking but some like that feeling. I personally rate the Under Armour HOVR Sonic or Phantom, along side the Nike React Odyssey. Both of these are lightweight and give you cushioning that feels like you're bouncing. Frees, whilst being lightweight and with a flexible base don't give enough cushioning for my liking. Air Maxes are the worst for running, which is why you see them used more in "lifestyle" or casual shoes (TNs, 270s etc...).

dirge
4th January 2019, 04:24 PM
Yeah modern Air Maxes use a higher density polyurethane in the midsole than the originals; built for durability at the expense of performance (and impact absorption, comfort). It’s the same with the lower model Jordan’s (2-6, 8, 9) where they’re no longer really built to be able to perform on court.

Galvatran
7th January 2019, 10:04 PM
Thanks for your input guys.

I pulled out a pair of old Volleys from 15+ years in storage. The jolt up the lower spine. Big mistake.

Galvatran
21st January 2019, 11:28 PM
30th anniversary year for AJ4. Looking forward to Bred with Nike Swoosh at the back.

Also released this year is the AJ6 Black Infrared, also with Nike Swoosh at the back.

Two of my all time favourites.

dirge
21st January 2019, 11:30 PM
Also released this year is the AJ6 Black Infrared, also with Nike Swoosh at the back.

I'm all over these!

Galvatran
23rd January 2019, 11:32 AM
^ It's definitely held up well aesthetically coming close to 30 years.

I've don't have that colourway but I remember a guy at high school got jumped when he wore it to school bragging about it.

jazzcomp
10th February 2019, 08:30 PM
Wore Nike ACG Takos low on casual friday and my hip hurts. :(

Definitely not using those again. My feet aren't that great.

I'm out of the Jordan phase but I do have Jordan 30 for basketball.

The sole on my Jordan 6 rings bred have split on the side. :eek::mad: Any good adhesive to repair it? I have tried to get some old nikes repaired but the adhesive gave away once i play sport.

Fungal Infection
24th February 2019, 09:25 AM
Anyone know where I can get a pair of Nike Air Force Max 93 basketball shoes for a decent price? These were made famous by Charles Barkley during his NBA career. Anyone know if a reissue is on the cards?