PDA

View Full Version : SDCC '08 Nemesis Prime At Titans Tower

Tallestblue
24th August 2008, 12:10 AM
All right, as it hasn't been done yet (probably because Ben Ben is long gone)
I feel it is my duty to inform Y'all that Titans Tower on the Gold Coast has the SDCC Universe Classics 2.0 Nemesis Prime. And a fair few. 10 anyway. It's currently at $60 bucks which I guess is fair. It's your fairly standard Prime repaint and number three for me.
I do like the idea of having something that only a handful of Australians and a whole lotta Americans have. Like DCU Classics. Only, y'know. A robot.
Let the relentless hounding of Luke begin!!!!

roller
24th August 2008, 10:03 AM
if anyone in Queensland wants to send me the box, for free:) that would be really appreaciated

ta

FFN
24th August 2008, 08:01 PM
Didn't Kyle say he was bringing some over?

Pulse
24th August 2008, 08:37 PM
This place has 'em for $34.90 (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFECNP&lang=us&CatID=)

griffin
25th August 2008, 12:40 AM
This place has 'em for $34.90 (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=TFECNP&lang=us&CatID=)

Plus shipping and profit, would end up being the $60 price at TT. It's probably where they got 'em from, and would end up being best for those on the Gold Coast, or those who don't order from online stores. RK might be a comparable source, but the TT price isn't bad either for its intended market. And $60 is a reasonable price for a limited edition version of a toy that sold here for $45-50.

Soundwarp
25th August 2008, 06:20 AM
OK Griff when are we going down
?

reillyd
30th August 2008, 08:04 PM

Ithink I might have already asked this before, but what is Robot Kingdom's shipping like? I'm VERY wary of buying off anywhere that doesn't have a shipping calculator, even though they have some very cool stuff (like Unicron).

Pulse
30th August 2008, 08:20 PM
Very good. As long as you buy a couple of TFs, They're one of the better online stores out there. :)

Zippo
30th August 2008, 08:56 PM
Ithink I might have already asked this before, but what is Robot Kingdom's shipping like? I'm VERY wary of buying off anywhere that doesn't have a shipping calculator, even though they have some very cool stuff (like Unicron).

But they do.
Add stuff to your cart, tell them what speed you want it shipped and where to and on the next page you get a shipping result. If you continue past that page then you are purchasing the item.

griffin
30th August 2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah, what Zippo said. You get the shipping amount before you confirm your purchase, so you can find out exactly how much your order will be and then decide on if you want to proceed. It might seem like a bit of effort to get a shipping amount, but how else would it calculate a discounted shipping amount that reflects a multi-item purchase order (by weight)?

Soundwarp
31st August 2008, 06:43 AM
So Griff am i picking you up today :p

reillyd
31st August 2008, 04:42 PM
But they do.
Add stuff to your cart, tell them what speed you want it shipped and where to and on the next page you get a shipping result. If you continue past that page then you are purchasing the item.

Yes I'm officially an idiot :P

Anyway Nemesis prime, with shipping comes in at $52 USD, which with currency conversion comes out to just over sixty dollars, so seems pretty fair. I think I'm going to go off an order a Unicron though, so thanks for the tip!

griffin
1st September 2008, 12:30 AM
So Griff am i picking you up today :p

Was busy this weekend, but maybe we try again to see if those Gold Coast fans want to meet up one weekend?

Soundwarp
1st September 2008, 06:33 AM
I suppose we can only try, try and try again..........

JuzMel
1st September 2008, 02:09 PM
Just bought him on ebay for AUD$54 incld. shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380059235565

Figured its cheaper than having to wait and scout stores for it and its cheaper than Titans Tower having it at $60 too. Wanted to add that in the RK order, but US$39.90 = AUD$47 at the moment. And that does not even include shipping yet.

Check out the listing and keep the seller as favourite or something, he might have more at his ebay store or he should be listing more.

k.wong23
2nd September 2008, 12:52 AM
Just bought him on ebay for AUD$54 incld. shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380059235565

Figured its cheaper than having to wait and scout stores for it and its cheaper than Titans Tower having it at $60 too. Wanted to add that in the RK order, but US$39.90 = AUD$47 at the moment. And that does not even include shipping yet.

Check out the listing and keep the seller as favourite or something, he might have more at his ebay store or he should be listing more.

JuzMel can he do combined shipping for one more! :D

Bartrim
2nd September 2008, 09:16 AM
Was busy this weekend, but maybe we try again to see if those Gold Coast fans want to meet up one weekend?

If you guys are planning it on the weekend of the 14th/15th I'll be on the gold coast then. :)

JuzMel
2nd September 2008, 10:00 AM
JuzMel can he do combined shipping for one more! :D
Sorry K.Wong, I went to his ebay store to check, he had no more left and he was so efficient! He sent item and gave me tracking number yesterday evening. I reckon you watch him as a fav seller, he should bring in more. Or do you want me to ask him for you?

Pulse
2nd September 2008, 10:52 AM
I think k.wong23 spotted this one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-NEMESIS-PRIME-UNIVERSE-2008-COMIC-CON-SDCC_W0QQitemZ380058850945QQihZ025QQcategoryZ753QQ cmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262) & combined shipping would've saved a motza...

JuzMel
2nd September 2008, 11:17 AM
I think k.wong23 spotted this one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-NEMESIS-PRIME-UNIVERSE-2008-COMIC-CON-SDCC_W0QQitemZ380058850945QQihZ025QQcategoryZ753QQ cmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262) & combined shipping would've saved a motza...
Arrggh! Thats the same seller I bought from! He just lists some of his items in AUD and some in USD and some in GBP! Ahh man.. but I think he won't give much discount for shipping since I'm sure he wants to earn some $ on his side too?

Sorry K.Wong, maybe you can get someone to share that with you too?

k.wong23
2nd September 2008, 01:58 PM
hehe no worries Mel, i'll post something maybe in trading forum :)

liegeprime
2nd September 2008, 06:12 PM
Whew, good thing I spotted a local seller ( also a member here) who sold it BIN price (had it posted in Acqui thread last month) Not sure if he is able to get more, but it wasn't as cheap as the price Mel have bought it for, I really dont mind, as I dont have the guts to order or buy from overseas seller. :D

JuzMel
3rd September 2008, 10:38 AM
I really dont mind, as I dont have the guts to order or buy from overseas seller. :D

Why though liegeprime? Is it because you have bad experience before? If you pay for overseas transaction via PayPal, there's more security usually. :confused:

liegeprime
3rd September 2008, 11:16 AM
Just paranoia on my part Mel. Have no past experience getting burned from overseas at all (only BBTS though), but from locals - 3x, Guess my thinking went like -" if the locals does that to me, imagine if it were an overseas one, how the heck am i suppose to claim for it when they're way over there??"

I just recently applied for a paypal account, but havent used it at all :D. Mebbe someday but Im still quite squeamish about it. Baby steps hehehe