PDA

View Full Version : More redecos we didn't need: Movie Megatron, Prime, Jazz, and Bonecrusher

SilverDragon
24th August 2008, 12:43 PM
Megs is now on fire, Prime is now more movie-accurate, and Jazz and Bonecrusher don't look all that different. (http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4)

I really wish they'd stop the movie line. Animated is the current line, what with having a cartoon and all, and the movie hasn't been in cinemas for months. Instead of redecoing Movie toys, they should concentrate on making new Animated/Universe stuff.

Although I do think that Megatron looks nice.

Golden Phoenix
24th August 2008, 01:18 PM
Megs is now on fire, Prime is now more movie-accurate, and Jazz and Bonecrusher don't look all that different. (http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4)

I really wish they'd stop the movie line. Animated is the current line, what with having a cartoon and all, and the movie hasn't been in cinemas for months. Instead of redecoing Movie toys, they should concentrate on making new Animated/Universe stuff.

Although I do think that Megatron looks nice.

This was a surprise. You can see that it will be Megatron vs Jazz and Prime vs Bonecrusher with the voyager class wining the fight, but I am wondering why now? The movie line has passed, unless they are going to implant them into the Universe line like the Animated Legends class I just don't get it

MV75
24th August 2008, 01:57 PM
If only they actually did their "carpet bomb the market with toys" thing back when people actually wanted them at xmas time last year and the few months afterwards.

Pulse
24th August 2008, 05:19 PM
I totally agree with SilverDragon, Hasbro should be focussing on Classics 2.0/Animated - The Movie/Allspark line needs to be put to an end... :rolleyes:

Gutsman Heavy
24th August 2008, 06:33 PM
I can see it now "Hasbro delays TF2 toys due to TF1 toys, "Inverted Colour Scheme (ICS) Optimus" in stores now, followed by another wave of Energon scout re-paints"

FFN
24th August 2008, 07:46 PM
Its quite likely that these are just store exclusives. We just don't know exactly what for yet.

Remember, repaints don't somehow take away resources or an assortment slot for new toolings. New toolings either get made or they don't.

Also, remember: Hasbro in no way expects collectors to buy everything. Its collectors who automatically assume Hasbro expects us to buy everything to either justify our obsessive compulsive disorders or so we can have something to complain about. Then there's the collector tendancy to not notice that for every collector who owns a version of a toy, there's more people who don't own it.

Gutsman Heavy
24th August 2008, 09:51 PM
I'm just kinda bemused that the movie line is STILL going. It's obviously working, I'm quite tempted by some of the premiums.

Kyle
25th August 2008, 10:05 AM
I think I'll get this new Prime... :o

:p

i_amtrunks
25th August 2008, 10:28 AM
Perhaps these figures will tie into the marketing push for the sequel in November this year?

Cant wait for all the idiots to starts sprouting crap like: "OMG JaZz and Bnecrsher r like so totally beeign revived in teh sequl!!!1!!" :rolleyes:

SilverDragon
26th August 2008, 09:18 PM
Cant wait for all the idiots to starts sprouting crap like: "OMG JaZz and Bnecrsher r like so totally beeign revived in teh sequl!!!1!!" :rolleyes:

Bonecrusher's hate was so strong that even death itself couldn't contain it!