PDA

View Full Version : APS-03 Human Alliance Barricade & Soundwave

griffin
25th October 2014, 02:17 AM
The third in the Asia Premium Series has been announced for December, and will be a 2-pack of two of the rarer Human Alliance toys (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/hasbro-asia-human-alliance-barricade-and-soundwave-two-pack-coming-in-december-181411/) - Barricade (with Frenzy) and Soundwave (with Laserbeak).

If they are like the last two APS figures (Brawl & Optimus) these should be sporting some premium paint apps... and a premium price tag since it is a Hasbro HK release. :(

BBTS has it for US$145, so is likely to be about US$100-120 from Asian sources.

Sinnertwin
25th October 2014, 06:15 AM
i was considering these two yesterday. The $120US price tag convinced me otherwise :(
http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?sp=&p=6&cat2=27&cat1=3&cat0=3&id=1101&cat1=3&cat0=3&new=&more=&lang=en

ILikeSoundwave
25th October 2014, 07:29 AM
Really happy about this :) Soundwave is going for crazy prices on ebay.

Dimi194
25th October 2014, 07:41 AM
Definite pre-order... though that close to Christmas can I just say it's a present to myself? :p

Firestorm
25th October 2014, 10:17 AM
I've been after a HA soundwave for ages. so it's great he's getting a re-release. but I already have a Barricade and since I'm going overseas in December I can't really afford the premium price tag.
this still looks like a great set though.
hopefully after I get back from Japan they'll still be available somewhere online and I can find someone who wants just Barricade.
Or hopefully I can find an original release HA Soundwave for a good price while I'm in Japan

FruitBuyer
25th October 2014, 11:34 AM
I'm surprised to see how much this is going for and even more surprised to see people on various other forums speak so highly of them (actually mainly for Barricade).

Honestly, is Barricade and Soundwave that good or just because they had a limited release previously?

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th October 2014, 01:08 PM
I've been after a HA soundwave for ages. so it's great he's getting a re-release. but I already have a Barricade and since I'm going overseas in December I can't really afford the premium price tag.
this still looks like a great set though.
hopefully after I get back from Japan they'll still be available somewhere online and I can find someone who wants just Barricade.
Or hopefully I can find an original release HA Soundwave for a good price while I'm in JapanGood luck with that - I live in Osaka and they're all usually at ridiculous prices here too.

On the other hand, sometimes you can manage to find a loose one for a not-horrible price. If you're coming to Osaka and are fine with loose I may have a spare or two I could pass on.

Sky Shadow
25th October 2014, 01:15 PM
That's a ridiculous starting price, but a tempting pack.

SharkyMcShark
25th October 2014, 02:08 PM
HA Soundwave is a ridiculously good figure, and Barricade is fairly good.

I'd be interested if they were giving SW proper shiny silver paint and a better eye paint app that actually picks out the eye detail and looks like the movie (ie has two distinct eyes) and not just a streak of paint to mimick the G1 visor look. The pics so far make it look like a straight re release though.

Firestorm
25th October 2014, 08:10 PM
Good luck with that - I live in Osaka and they're all usually at ridiculous prices here too.

On the other hand, sometimes you can manage to find a loose one for a not-horrible price. If you're coming to Osaka and are fine with loose I may have a spare or two I could pass on.

I am considering heading over to Osaka for a couple of days. So I may take you up on that offer. Loose is fine as long as the figure is complete and in good condition

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th October 2014, 08:49 PM
I am considering heading over to Osaka for a couple of days. So I may take you up on that offer. Loose is fine as long as the figure is complete and in good conditionI'll take a look closer to when you're heading over...currently a bit caught up with work stuff.

IIRC both of them are in good condition, but one of them is missing the missile and human, and the other (I think) is missing the human. I might be wrong on that last bit though.
Either way, if you're here on a day when I'm free I can give you the TF tour and bring them for you to check out and take one if you want it.:)

Deonasis
26th October 2014, 06:54 AM
I hope they do get the 'Premium' paintjob as the series name implies or it hurts the APS line. Soundwave in particular looks like he needs a painted alt mode.

DELTAprime
26th October 2014, 12:58 PM
The APS toys don't tend to sell out right away so I figure I have a while to decided if it's worth picking up to get HA Soundwave.

Firestorm
26th October 2014, 01:29 PM
I'll take a look closer to when you're heading over...currently a bit caught up with work stuff.

IIRC both of them are in good condition, but one of them is missing the missile and human, and the other (I think) is missing the human. I might be wrong on that last bit though.
Either way, if you're here on a day when I'm free I can give you the TF tour and bring them for you to check out and take one if you want it.:)

thanks ode, the human figure isn't much of a big deal, as Long as the missile and laserbeak are there. (instructions would be good too but whatever.)
I don't know when exactly i'll be in Osaka bit i'll be in Japan from Dec 10th till Jan 8th so hopefully we can meet up at some point in that time and you can give me the tour :)

griffin
26th October 2014, 02:16 PM
I hope they do get the 'Premium' paintjob as the series name implies or it hurts the APS line. Soundwave in particular looks like he needs a painted alt mode.

Yep, Soundwave deserves a silvery, almost metallic, car colouring to deserve that pricing. A bit like the shine they got on the Platinum Edition Sideswipe.
Since there isn't as much you can add to Barricade, Soundwave needs to pop out of the box as looking like a replica/model Mercedes car.

I had a quick look at the HA toys, and Sideswipe and Jazz had really nice silver colours to them. This Soundwave needs that to be priced as a "Premium".

Sinnertwin
26th October 2014, 03:47 PM
Yep, Soundwave deserves a silvery, almost metallic, car colouring to deserve that pricing. A bit like the shine they got on the Platinum Edition Sideswipe.
Since there isn't as much you can add to Barricade, Soundwave needs to pop out of the box as looking like a replica/model Mercedes car.

I had a quick look at the HA toys, and Sideswipe and Jazz had really nice silver colours to them. This Soundwave needs that to be priced as a "Premium".

Yeah, that flat silver is hardly worthy of the label & price tag
Barricade should also have flashing lights :p :D

SharkyMcShark
26th October 2014, 04:17 PM
Soundwave needs the same silver that Jazz got.

Hursticon
26th October 2014, 05:45 PM
HA Soundwave is a ridiculously good figure, and Barricade is fairly good.

I'd be interested if they were giving SW proper shiny silver paint and a better eye paint app that actually picks out the eye detail and looks like the movie (ie has two distinct eyes) and not just a streak of paint to mimick the G1 visor look. The pics so far make it look like a straight re release though.

Soundwave needs the same silver that Jazz got.

^100%^ :cool:

I was lucky enough to get my HA Soundwave, if I remember correctly (Probably not :p), when he first hit for $80 or so - To see him going for up-to and over $350 is both pleasing & absurd to me. :D

HA Soundwave is hands down the Superior iteration of his DoTM self, followed by the Legends toy and way-WAY at the bottom of some mouldy, disgusting bin somewhere is that piece of junk Deluxe figure. :cool:

I'd really like a HA Barricade and would like even more to get HA Soundwave with a suitably fitting (& Deserved) premium paint job. ;):)

AJ_Prime
27th October 2014, 11:37 PM
Totally agree, HA Soundwave was a really decent representation of the movie character, also love his transformation especially his legs. How that tiny left over rear bit of the car fills out his legs is without doubt a feat of modern engineering, right up there with TFPrime's compactness in alt mode when compared with his bulk in bot mode.

A metallic paint job would've been nice though for sure. It's a shame that this figure was only released towards the end of the line, there weren't enough to satisfy demand in my opinion and it was not easy trying to get one at a reasonable price.

For the price of this pack, it would've been nice to see it with a chrome finish in alt mode say. Considering how much chrome HasTak are slapping about on their AoE "platinum" figures lately, it would think they'd have a bit left over for poor, Hasbro grey Soundy...

Magnus
29th October 2014, 10:14 PM
I'm interested in Barricade - expensive on eBay, and there's the possibility of getting a counterfeit. I wouldn't bother with Soundwave, unless as others have stated, he's given a silver paintjob.

griffin
1st January 2015, 02:01 AM
The tradition of HK exclusive items continues (http://transformersasia.com/news_event/news), with a diecast Frenzy as boombox to come with this HK exclusive 2-pack of Human Alliance toys (which is still not known yet to be any different to the regular versions).

The release date is noted as January 23rd.

Bladestorm
5th January 2015, 01:49 PM
Hmm...

Wonder how easy this will be to get. MP-10 Asia Reissue was impossible to find at any stores here in HK and I had to buy him online.
Guess I'll be going a-huntin' on the 23rd as I'd love to get Barricade...

griffin
24th January 2015, 02:15 AM
This is out now... but not cheap, with places like this one in HK (http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?p=6&ev=&id=1101) selling it for about US$120 (that's double what the Human Alliance toys were originally sold for in 2010/2011 - at US$30 each).

Still no idea yet if they have different paint apps, as I haven't seen any photos posted up yet.... and the bonus Frenzy boombox isn't worth the extra US$60.

The early word is that they DON'T have new or improved paint decos... which is a shame and surprise, considering the spectacular decos on the last two APS toys, and the markup on this 2-pack over their originals.

Deonasis
24th January 2015, 08:43 AM
I don't have the originals to be sure but the decos do look fairly standard still.. http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-4282.html?sp . Definately no silver paint for Soundwave :(

griffin
25th January 2015, 07:59 PM
Well there you go (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/hasbro-asia-exclusive-human-alliance-barricade-soundwave-in-hand-images-181922/)... absolutely nothing premium except the price.
US$60 for a tiny plastic boombox.

I know that Hasbro HK have been doing this for a while now (pricing things according to their secondary value rather than at normal retail profit margins of the regular release toys), but even this is a new level of price-gouging for them... which we've seen is now inspiring Hasbro US to do the same with their Platinum Editions (especially the Gen1 sets), because enough fans just keep buying them.

Bladestorm
31st January 2015, 03:13 AM
The interesting thing about these releases is they are REALLY HARD to source on the ground here in HK too. I haven't found a shop on either side of the harbour with this release or the previous Skywarp in their stock or on the shelves. So either they are being snatched up by pre-orders or seem to be almost exclusively for the online (overseas) retail market...
I was hoping to find a store with these guys to figure out what the real markup on them was (and I have a son who would LOVE a movie version of Barricade... but not at those prices!)

DELTAprime
1st February 2015, 04:40 PM
So for someone with a Soundwave shelf is HA Soundwave worth having or should I just stick with the Deluxe DOTM Soundwave?

SharkyMcShark
1st February 2015, 05:41 PM
HA Soudwave is the definitive version of that character if you're including movieverse Soundwaves on your shelf. The only negative thing I can say about it is that the paintwork is lacklustre, something not fixed at all with this release, but it's definitely a figure worth having.

griffin
1st February 2015, 06:07 PM
The HA version is definitely better than the Deluxe version (and comes with a Laserbeak too).
But since both versions of Soundwave had a limited release, they can both be hard to find and can be expensive. :(

Hursticon
1st February 2015, 09:46 PM
HA Soudwave is the definitive version of that character if you're including movieverse Soundwaves on your shelf. The only negative thing I can say about it is that the paintwork is lacklustre, something not fixed at all with this release, but it's definitely a figure worth having.

The HA version is definitely better than the Deluxe version (and comes with a Laserbeak too).

"D" to the "I" to the "Double T" - "OH!". :cool:

The Deluxe is just junk, slightly redeemed by that black redeco but still a crappy mold ;); hence it's such a massive missed opportunity that this HA re-release did not receive a nice silver paint job - I can only imagine that something inherent with the mold's surfaces are what is preventing them from applying paint to it. :(

But since both versions of Soundwave had a limited release, they can both be hard to find and can be expensive. :(

Absolutely true, with every passing day making them harder and more expensive to come by. :o

Sinnertwin
1st February 2015, 10:20 PM
The Deluxe is just junk, slightly redeemed by that black redeco but still a crappy mold ;); hence it's such a massive missed opportunity that this HA re-release did not receive a nice silver paint job - I can only imagine that something inherent with the mold's surfaces are what is preventing them from applying paint to it. :(

or perhaps they've finally realised that you can't polish a turd & gave up.

Pew! Pew! Shots fired! :p

Hursticon
1st February 2015, 10:54 PM
or perhaps they've finally realised that you can't polish a turd & gave up.

Pew! Pew! Shots fired! :p

:eek::eek::eek:

... ... ...

*Lines-up target...

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/SoundwavefiresMegatron_zps438ada05.jpg

:p

ampoldj
2nd February 2015, 01:53 AM
Well there you go (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/hasbro-asia-exclusive-human-alliance-barricade-soundwave-in-hand-images-181922/)... absolutely nothing premium except the price.
US$60 for a tiny plastic boombox.

I know that Hasbro HK have been doing this for a while now (pricing things according to their secondary value rather than at normal retail profit margins of the regular release toys), but even this is a new level of price-gouging for them... which we've seen is now inspiring Hasbro US to do the same with their Platinum Editions (especially the Gen1 sets), because enough fans just keep buying them.

Got my HA Soundwave at RRP price but never got Barricade before his tag price sky rocketed...good thing a KO was released that favours the MISB collectors because i saw some loose items that looks crappy and well "loose". It is a good thing to rerelease items just to normalize the prices on the market but this one is just an example that Hasbro is starting to be after the money again rather than giving its fans anew opportunity to grab a collection they have missed.