PDA

View Full Version : Hey

King Atlas
25th August 2008, 10:45 PM
Hey every one,

I have been prowling around the board for a bit and decided to introduce myself.
Ive been a pretty big tf fan ever since I was a kid. Ive collected some here and there
but i never owned more than 7 tfs from a series(till now) (I totally skipped beast machines because of certain reasons and missed out armada).

There was a pretty big drought for a while until I found a cybertron primus on clearance at a certain k-mart. Since then, ive been growing a pretty decent sized collection. Im not really a hardcore collecter, and only get tfs I like whether character or toy(also love a bargain ;) ).

Im also not a g1 collecter because I love posability so much. Though I do like the
combiners and the ones with a base alt mode.
Okay so I do want g1 prime(my first tf ever), Megatron, Soundwave and co and shockwave but thats the only exceptions besides the above.

Good homages are my substitute.
I was born in Australia but I have a different culture. Thats about it for now, hope I didn't ramble on lol...

iceburn
25th August 2008, 10:47 PM
welcome and glad the urge of speaking (in fact typing) finally reached your spark!

Pulse
25th August 2008, 10:52 PM
Hey Mate! :)

Mind all the nutcases laying all over the floor... ;) :D

Trailer Park Ninja
25th August 2008, 10:54 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to see you've come in from the cold. I'm in the same boat. I grew up on G1 Transformers and skipped the rest of the incarnations/toylines.

I've got a G1 collection thanks to the Hasbro and Takara reissues for sentimental reasons but love the Alternators and Classics line for the homages and poseability factors.

Enjoy your time here.

liegeprime
26th August 2008, 07:29 AM
Mabuhay! Welcome and thanks for finally "typing" out heheheh. Its not the size of a collection its how much its loved I always say. I started out like you getting what I want and skipping the rest. I still do now with the later series/ incarnations that comes out. But G1 , well I grew up on it, and even though, say the battlechargers arent poseable at all .... I love the concept and the characterizations given to these toys so I collect them.

As far as differences in culture concerned, no worries! This is the most multicultured board Ive been a member of and its actually what makes the board even better coz we all gel and it makes interaction more interesting, despite the differences. As far as that is concerned its never been an issue... EVER.:D:D

komikskolektor
26th August 2008, 07:44 AM
welcome to madnesssssssss!! I myself is a newbie TF collector.. :)

Paulbot
26th August 2008, 09:05 AM
Primus is a great toy to restart the collecting with!

Welcome.

TheDirtyDigger
26th August 2008, 09:17 AM
I was born in Australia but I have a different culture.

Hey King Atlas! Welcome and don't worry about being from a different culture. We even accept the New South Welsh!:)

We're actually in the same boat as I was born in Australia and am from a different culture as well....

...MUTANT CULTURE!

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/7923/magnetosk8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Omega Supreme
26th August 2008, 10:39 AM
Welcome, everyone here is pretty friendly, im sure you'll enjoy it :)

GoktimusPrime
26th August 2008, 11:02 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/boardwelcome.jpg

There was a pretty big drought for a while until I found a cybertron primus on clearance at a certain k-mart.
Well IMO the drought occured in 2002 where we had no new TF line from either Hasbro or Takara. Hasbro were mostly just pumping out repaints with the tail end of Robots In Disguise and Takara were doing their Transformers Collection series G1 reissues (great for G1 collectors but it sucked for people wanting to collect new Transformers!). The drought broke when Armada/Micron Legend came out.

1orion2many
26th August 2008, 11:18 AM
:)Welcome to the board:D.

STL
26th August 2008, 12:28 PM
G'day there.

loophole
26th August 2008, 01:06 PM
welcome aboard!!!!

King Atlas
26th August 2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks everybody, I feel very welcome already. Micron Legend wasn't too bad but i thought the animation was terrible and It detracted my interest (and the voice acting). Though ive yet to get any molds from the series including repaints, Im hoping to eventually get some of the nicer ones.

GoktimusPrime
26th August 2008, 05:34 PM
I thought the voice acting in Micron Legend was reasonably good. The voice acting in the Armada on the other hand was horrific - but that's because it was a dub and dub-voicing isn't really acting. (-_-) If you listen to interviews/forums with voice actors they always tell you how restrictive ADR (dubbing) is when it comes to acting.

jaydisc
26th August 2008, 05:45 PM
Welcome!

It's good to be The King...
http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/history-of-the-world-part-i.jpg

Soundwarp
26th August 2008, 05:55 PM
Welcome!

King Atlas
26th August 2008, 07:23 PM
I thought the voice acting in Micron Legend was reasonably good. The voice acting in the Armada on the other hand was horrific - but that's because it was a dub and dub-voicing isn't really acting. (-_-) If you listen to interviews/forums with voice actors they always tell you how restrictive ADR (dubbing) is when it comes to acting.

Yeah my mistake, I meant Armada. I just never refer to it by that name. I recently got the headmasters set and I didn't even expect it to be dubbed, but that was probably the worst dub ive ever heard from tf series.
My modesty tells me that I could have done a better job and for free :D (though I'll admit I probably don't know enough about the situation to comment). Thank goodness you could switch it to japanese....

GoktimusPrime
26th August 2008, 08:54 PM
Yes... those Star TV dubs are nothing short of sinfully awful. I think most of us could do a better job if we were blind drunk. I've seen both Micron Legend and Armada... without ranting on about what I hate about the dubbing in Armada, let me just say that after that I refused to watch the Energon and Cybertron dubs (I've only watched Super Link and Galaxy Force).

dirge
26th August 2008, 11:29 PM
Welcome (:

Saintly
27th August 2008, 09:59 AM
ahoy king!

Tiby
27th August 2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome aboard!

The_Damned
28th August 2008, 07:14 PM
hey welcome.

Bartrim
28th August 2008, 08:14 PM
Welcome to Ozformers

Sam
28th August 2008, 09:47 PM
Greetings King Atlas. :)

autobreadticon
30th August 2008, 04:59 PM
welcome to the board

JuzMel
31st August 2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the board and if you notice (when you've stayed long enough..) I'm the only more active fembot on the board.. :)

k.wong23
31st August 2008, 09:06 PM
Welcome mate

King Atlas
31st August 2008, 10:09 PM
thanks for the warm-welcomes everyone....I almost feel like a....king :D. I had no idea there were any female members on this board, but I say, the more the merrier :)

(thought it was a total you-know what fest)

Pulse
31st August 2008, 10:38 PM
In recent times, both Genechan & Hotaru_Oz are also fembots who've become members here :)
(Fembots don't just exist on Cybertron :D)

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2008, 12:47 PM
(thought it was a total you-know what fest)
Female fans are an obvious minority in this male-dominated hobby/fandom, but we've always had females among our fandom and as Pulse mentioned, more active than others at different points in time. But to be fair the same can be said of male fans too - some people are more active at some points than others. Not everyone is a regular poster here, irrespective of gender. :)

You go girls! http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/femtfansau.jpg