PDA

View Full Version : KFC Transistor (Not Blaster)

ITZTRU
14th November 2014, 12:56 AM
I couldn't find anything on this, so mods feel free to merge

Peaugh's review - this looks insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv7cgeiPovk

I hear Citizen Stack had it's share of flaws but this, to me, definitely looks like KFC (or whatever it's new name is) has come a long way...

I'm so down for this!

Thoughts?

VERT
14th November 2014, 07:49 AM
My thoughts are I have to get one. :D

Tober
14th November 2014, 02:25 PM
I pre-ordered a while ago when the prototype was revealed, but I'm not really liking that metallic-red paint or the panel-folding transformation processes.

And KFC's cassette bots are a mixed bag.

Lord_Zed
14th November 2014, 05:38 PM
I pre-ordered a while ago when the prototype was revealed, but I'm not really liking that metallic-red paint or the panel-folding transformation processes.

For some reason it's that metallic red paint that's drawing me to this guy, that and the alternate toy head. I know Blaster is not supposed to be metallic red, but something about that makes it pop for me, as Normaly I'm not really much of a Blaster fan, outside of Marvels Clint Eastwood Blaster.

Do I dare buy a KFC product though........

VERT
14th November 2014, 08:35 PM
I like the KFC cassette bots. And have Ramhorn and Steeljaw so thats another reason to get him. I also seem to be attracted to that red paint :rolleyes:

gamblor916
14th November 2014, 09:47 PM
I wasn't interested until I saw the video review. I really wanted a direct comparison to Soundwave and showing them side by side makes me want one :D

CoRDS
14th November 2014, 10:09 PM
Very very tempted to get this. ive got the DAI stack and the quality is excellent.

CBratron
14th November 2014, 10:10 PM
Very very tempted to get this. ive got the DAI stack and the quality is excellent.

I got KFC's Mugen Vox and it was horrible. But Transistor might change my mind about them.

liegeprime
15th November 2014, 12:28 AM

I only have the Squawktalk and Beastbox cassettes and well, the plastic feels and looks cheap (as in KO) in person, so hopefully this one is better. Just pre ordered it.
I was gonna buy the Rhino and Lion but find it aesthetics wise too blocky... kinda unappealing.

AJ_Prime
15th November 2014, 01:47 AM
Yep I pre-ordered a while ago too before the video review came out. But seeing the promo pics and watching the final product review (prototype review gave me some doubts) just confirmed my decision and now I just want it even more!

Really can't wait to get this guy, I also like the metallic red, just makes him look much more attractive while still retaining his G1 goodness and stands up very well next to the Masterpiece figures.

The transformation is so ingenious and I really do feel like some of these third party companies are stepping up the quality.

I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!

reillyd
15th November 2014, 07:27 PM
Are KFC cassettes g1 compatible?

VERT
15th November 2014, 07:55 PM
Yeah they fit in G1. But Ramhorn is a little thick.

leej84
21st November 2014, 07:10 PM
if people are interested in this figure please go to my EOI thread: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=445471#post445471

Tober
22nd November 2014, 12:23 AM
So the release date has been pushed back another month? :mad:

CoRDS
14th January 2015, 08:11 PM
got mine today. after watching a few reviews i think i wont transform it. i'll just leave it in its robot form looking freaking perfect up on my shelf

Tober
14th January 2015, 08:37 PM
got mine today. after watching a few reviews i think i wont transform it. i'll just leave it in its robot form looking freaking perfect up on my shelf

Are there qc issues or something? I know the transformation involves a lot of folding...:(

Mine arrived a week ago and has been in bot mode ever since. I really don't like the color either. :mad:

CoRDS
14th January 2015, 08:58 PM
Are there qc issues or something? I know the transformation involves a lot of folding...:(

Mine arrived a week ago and has been in bot mode ever since. I really don't like the color either. :mad:

only issues reviewers noticed (odeean,benscollectables) is that the paint can chip when transforming.

i probably will end up transforming him. but i wont do it as much as some of the others.
i quite like the colour. im a tad bummed mine didnt come with the mp13 hands as they would be nice

liegeprime
14th January 2015, 09:40 PM
mine is stuck in botmode as well. I haven't tried to transform him in boombox mode. Ive watched the you tube video review first just to see if there's anypanels or tabs that isn't mentioned/shown in the instructions, I don't wanna break any tabs... if I ever do transform it.

CBratron
14th January 2015, 09:47 PM
When I display mine he'll be in a rap battle with Soundwave. I just need to find microphones for them, maybe a Barbie accessory or from Shapeways.

Trent
14th January 2015, 09:59 PM
Can't say I'd buy a transformer and not transform it. Kinda defeats the purpose.

WeallscreamforStarscream
14th January 2015, 10:33 PM
Waiting for chimungmung to send mine.. i think he looks awesome. And i dont think i could be bothered to transform him either.

Yes will def have him in rap/ break battle scene with Soundwave :)

CoRDS
15th January 2015, 05:10 PM
looks like he can push his own button. he just has to use his thumb
http://i.imgur.com/pTHm8UH.jpg

CoRDS
16th January 2015, 12:49 PM
Just transformed transistor to alt mode and back and got minimal paint chips.

People just need to be careful with it

Only laces I got chips are in some of the tabs. Which should be expected

I don't mind them. Battle damage :)

Gofigure
16th January 2015, 02:54 PM
god he looks good next to SW ;)

Akky82
16th January 2015, 03:44 PM
If it werent for the extra heads (the one without the 'recording' light) I eould have not-rewind in his chest, was so disappointed with the white paint, especially just unpegging the arms transforming it the first time, I wont be transforming him back.

But i'm interested to know what people think about the buttons on Transistor's stomach. I see peaugh's video they're silver, in odeean's video and CoRDS pic they're black. IMO I'm so happy I got silver, because it's same as tv/orignal g1 toy, I'd be a little unhappy with black.

Edit: btw CoRDS, devvy's face looks a bit funny in that pic

CoRDS
16th January 2015, 04:36 PM
If it werent for the extra heads (the one without the 'recording' light) I eould have not-rewind in his chest, was so disappointed with the white paint, especially just unpegging the arms transforming it the first time, I wont be transforming him back.

But i'm interested to know what people think about the buttons on Transistor's stomach. I see peaugh's video they're silver, in odeean's video and CoRDS pic they're black. IMO I'm so happy I got silver, because it's same as tv/orignal g1 toy, I'd be a little unhappy with black.

Edit: btw CoRDS, devvy's face looks a bit funny in that pic

alt head for giant :)

Akky82
16th January 2015, 04:40 PM
alt head for giant :)

Just meant the resolution, derpy smile hah

CoRDS
16th January 2015, 05:38 PM
Just meant the resolution, derpy smile hah

i think it suits him :)

z3r03d
19th January 2015, 09:41 PM
looks like he can push his own button. he just has to use his thumb
http://i.imgur.com/pTHm8UH.jpg

Wow! thanks for the photo! will definitely get one now!!

just curious... where did you get the other soundwave on the right? he looks cool!

CBratron
19th January 2015, 09:49 PM
just curious... where did you get the other soundwave on the right? he looks cool!

Year of the Goat Soundwave. He was released very recently (http://www.robotkingdom.com/yotgmp13.html).

z3r03d
19th January 2015, 09:52 PM
Year of the Goat Soundwave. He was released very recently (http://www.robotkingdom.com/yotgmp13.html).

thanks! really appreciate it! he looks cool! ill be getting one as well.