PDA

View Full Version : MP 27 rumour - Mirage (confirmed false)

kurdt_the_goat
18th November 2014, 01:16 PM
Not a lot to back it up, but one of the admin over at Robot Japan (http://robotjapan.proboards.com/thread/23044/mp-27-mirage) is saying it's confirmed.

Apparently the poster freelances for Mastermind Creations, they caught wind of the release and thus cancelled their version of Mirage (Sphinx).

Wonder if we'll hear about it officially after Bumbleebee & Ultra Magnus release? And presumably MP-25 & 26 too!

Trent
18th November 2014, 01:30 PM
That would be awesome if true.

If true.

gamblor916
18th November 2014, 01:32 PM
That would be awesome. Automatic repaint (so to speak) in clear version.

TAAUBlaster
18th November 2014, 01:49 PM
An MP Mirage would be a great addition to the MP lineup. Here's hoping its true!

Oberon Sexton
18th November 2014, 01:50 PM
I dunno. Generations Arcee didn't stop MMC from producing their Azalea figure.

drifand
18th November 2014, 03:19 PM
Is mirage an official licensed or just self invented design?

Sinnertwin
18th November 2014, 03:22 PM
That would be awesome. Automatic repaint (so to speak) in clear version.

And the red version as seen in the Powered Convoy Set :D

Lint
18th November 2014, 03:44 PM
Is mirage an official licensed or just self invented design?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ligier_JS11

Not sure what the current state of Ligier is today, but I presume the MP will be based off the real deal and hence a license would be required.

Deonasis
18th November 2014, 04:34 PM
Say hello to a future Goodbye Convoy Giftset (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/goodbye-convoy-giftset-mib-2.html) then!

Gofigure
18th November 2014, 04:52 PM
nice

hope its true....lets go '84

griffin
18th November 2014, 05:41 PM
Say hello to a future Goodbye Convoy Giftset (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/goodbye-convoy-giftset-mib-2.html) then!

I can see the dollar signs already.

If we get Mirage, that three pack is guaranteed... for at least US$200. (based on the retail prices of single existing MPs in Japan)

Lord_Zed
18th November 2014, 06:46 PM
As long as someone makes him I'll be happy, though I'd rather TakTom do it, as so far all the Autobot cars have been winners. I still would prefer Jazz first though.

Yeah, but Azalea was a lot further down the design process before Hasbro announced there's, and the two toys seem significantly different in both design and quality.

An MP on the other hand is already higher end collectors toy, so I think MMC will need to offer something distinctly different if they do release their own Mirage.

Soundwarp
18th November 2014, 08:42 PM
Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

Bidoofdude
18th November 2014, 09:54 PM
Hopefully it is true. MP Mirage would be one of the more interesting cars for me. (Bluestreak never did it for me)

Megatran
18th November 2014, 10:03 PM
Has there been unconfirmed reports on the characters for MP-25 & 26?

kaiden
18th November 2014, 10:12 PM

their alt modes were quite different though. MMCs Arcee had a more cybertronian hover car design vs the g1 arcee rubber wheels futuristic earth car mode.

MMCs Sphinx however looks bang on G1. Which isn't a good move considering what happened to FansToys 'Soundwave' It also means a lot of people will hold out on MP scale toys if they feel an official Takara version will ocme out soon anyway - pretty much how I feel about that mirage and sunstreaker.

At the moment, Takara seem to be focused on Autobot cars from the 1984 toy line so thats something.

Deonasis
18th November 2014, 10:42 PM
The RobotJapan page at the top has now confirmed this as a hoax. :(

(Personally I think there will be a Mirage before MP-30 anyway).

Sinnertwin
18th November 2014, 10:55 PM
Oh well, i'm sure he'll pop up sooner or later

griffin
18th November 2014, 11:29 PM
If they could do a Wheeljack that resembles the Gen1 toy quite well, Mirage would be a likely future toy, as they've done a lot of 1984 characters in the last couple years.

It would be funny if this ends up being true, and the source in the first post are just retracting the rumour to avoid getting in trouble (too late now though).

FruitBuyer
19th November 2014, 11:42 AM
No more Autobot MPs, we need more Decepticons. And this is someone that really wants an MP Ratchet more than any other MP right now.

kaiden
19th November 2014, 12:29 PM
No more Autobot MPs, we need more Decepticons. And this is someone that really wants an MP Ratchet more than any other MP right now.

As much as I would like more Decepticons, I'd rather they complete the 1984 line. thats only 15 more!

Megatran
19th November 2014, 12:42 PM
The RobotJapan page at the top has now confirmed this as a hoax. :(

(Personally I think there will be a Mirage before MP-30 anyway).
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. ;):p

FruitBuyer
19th November 2014, 03:18 PM
As much as I would like more Decepticons, I'd rather they complete the 1984 line. thats only 15 more!

But there's only so many times we can retool the remaining ones!