PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece Starscream Coronation Set

Adzma
15th January 2008, 10:31 PM
I found this on TFans (http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=85020) and the actual article is here (http://club.tfclub.com/viewthread.php?tid=17152&fpage=1). Seems Starscream's coronation set is going to be available in March later this year from TFClub Toys. Looks OK, but the crown is a little big IMO. The creators say it's just a prototype and subject to change so we'll have to keep our eyes peeled for updates.

Trailer Park Ninja
15th January 2008, 11:09 PM
I love it, though it would help if I could find a decently priced Masterpiece Starscream to go with it :(

Soundwarp
16th January 2008, 09:33 AM
Wicked.........

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2008, 09:39 AM
TPN: You thought the TRU prices weren't reasonable? I think for Masterpieces their price was alright.

TheDirtyDigger
16th January 2008, 10:06 AM
All the TRU ones are gone and now there is only the overpriced, scalped ones left.

Adzma
16th January 2008, 10:18 AM
I love it, though it would help if I could find a decently priced Masterpiece Starscream to go with it :(
You could always wait for Takara's redeco. It'd still be a bit more pricey than buying Hasbro's locally, but Takara is usually superior anyway.

Trailer Park Ninja
16th January 2008, 10:34 AM
TPN: You thought the TRU prices weren't reasonable? I think for Masterpieces their price was alright.

No, I didn't think TRU prices were unreasonable. I made the stupid mistake of not getting it when I was there because I was in a rush. I thought I'll come back tomorrow early and get myself one. Behold, next day, all 20 of them are gone! :mad:

All the TRU ones are gone and now there is only the overpriced, scalped ones left.

+1, What he said. Now this is my problem with trying to get one.

You could always wait for Takara's redeco. It'd still be a bit more pricey than buying Hasbro's locally, but Takara is usually superior anyway.

I may have to go this route, but I concur that Takara's version would be superior anyway (at least I assume as much :)) A lot of people I've seen post, say this coronation set is silly, but I love it!!! (gee, can't you tell, look at my avatar lol). It fits in line with the pompous nature of Starscream :D

Gutsman Heavy
16th January 2008, 12:52 PM
Trailer Park Ninja, my local tru had some the other day, if you'd like I could pick one up if your willing to front postage (assuming they have any left...)

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th January 2008, 07:11 PM
I think the coronation set would be cool. After all, the promo paper that came with Hybrid Galaxy Convoy had Starscream with his coronation crown, without the cape though. I was mightily pissed that it wasn't with the actual MP Starscream

Pipesqueak
19th January 2008, 10:41 PM
Looks Okaaay...The cape looks a bit plain to me - needs some gold trim or something. Also, the crown just accentuates how small Starscream's head is. Shoulder pieces work well though.

Trailer Park Ninja
19th January 2008, 10:56 PM
Trailer Park Ninja, my local tru had some the other day, if you'd like I could pick one up if your willing to front postage (assuming they have any left...)

Aaargh!!! :mad: How did I miss this post??? I would of course front postage and send you the money but by now I assume they are all gone :(

Gutsman Heavy
20th January 2008, 01:05 AM
I'll keep an eye out man, its Adelaide (Tumbleweed town if proposition 32 passes!) after all.

Trailer Park Ninja
20th January 2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks I appreciate it. *Fingers crossed* :D