PDA

View Full Version : Well, I think it's time to call it....

Krayt
20th November 2014, 11:56 PM
After some deliberation today, and a few purchased on the way home from work, I think I can finally call it.... It's only taken 30 years, but...

I now have 3000 Transformers.

Not bad for a 31 year old.... Who wasn't old enough to buy G1 as it hit the stores!!!

I had to question it today, some are counted but even I questioned if I should include or not (I didn't in the end.... So my official database is over 3000 entries)

This as been a long hard slog for me. Over the years I've talked with army builders who count 20 of the same character, and get both US and Japanese releases.... So on those points....

In the 3000 I have maybe 10 "doubles"... Off the top of my head, I have 3 red Bumblebees, and 2 yellow cliffjumpers. There are a couple of others... Oh, 1st run error armada sideways, second run correct to tv sideways, and another sealed error version.

I haven't got all the reissues. No TRU ones, only TFC book ones that were hard to find (soundblaster) or different (astrotrain, minibots for bb's head, prime, Megs and insecticons with extra accessories). Also in doing that, I got second soundblaster with the encore rerelease, as it had new tapes, and encore fort max has swords, so is different from my Boxed G1 fort max. But I love combiners, and more so Predaking, so I have G1, reissue with metal and more gold look, and Platinum with extra sword :-D

As for Japan and US series.... I go for the US, except for characters that are only from Japan, or if the toy has a major change. As an example, Armada/Micron Legend I got all US, as most of the line was the same, but I got the minicon pack recolours, and Tidal Wave as he was a completely different colour.... Not slightly different shade, ones PURPLE, ones GREEN!!!! In doing that, a 100 figure line isn't instantly 200 by buying both versions.

And in case I miss counted or something, or someone proves the 2 3D jigsaws shouldn't be counted or something, my US guy is now sitting on about 60 items that weren't counted!!!!! I was going to ship that and have the Kreo 30th set cover the milestone, but then I got a few I wasn't expecting come in....

So.... I figure I might list some items of interest (well to me at least)

First I remember receiving... G1 Predaking for a birthday. (Already had a box full)

My "big box of toys" I went back and counted in 2003.... Worked out I only had 57!

In 2005 I got a present from a friend... A MISB Grand Maximus. Boy he was a joy to sticker!!!

I try to box my bases now, and other large oness.... Have foam and boxes for Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Trypticon, Overlord, Fort Max, Scorponok, Jetfire, Grand Max, Star Sabre, Vic Leo.

That's about it.... Just wanted to share the news a bit.... And wifey will kill me if she knew!!!! So you guys get to find out...

UltraMarginal
21st November 2014, 12:09 AM
Congratulations, that's a massive milestone. I don't know how many I have but it's no where near that.

it sounds like you have some great memories attached to many of them as well.

jazzcomp
21st November 2014, 12:37 AM
Congratulations! :)

Deonasis
21st November 2014, 01:39 AM
Fantastic! Can you link to some pictures :cool:

Krayt
21st November 2014, 06:40 AM
Fantastic! Can you link to some pictures :cool:

Sadly not.... I have 2 kids under 3, so daddy's toys are all packed away at the moment....

Only things out on display are AOE and recent Masterpeices.... Even recent Generations are packed away.

And BW, BM, RiD, Unicron Tril, and Movie 1-3 are all offsite :-(

One day we will buy a house.... And Daddy will have a floor all for his toys!!!

TAAUBlaster
21st November 2014, 07:58 AM
Congrats man, that's an awesome achievement ;)
That MISB Grand Max as a present is just astounding!

Jetfire in the sky
21st November 2014, 08:42 AM
Well done mate, quite an achievement, I reached 1500 in 2004 and then sold up due to needing the money, but my collection had bulk doubles for display in all modes.
It would be awesome to see all your collection on display.

Sharky
21st November 2014, 08:46 AM
An Absolutely Awesome Achievement!!

theshape
21st November 2014, 10:20 AM
Wow misb grand max :eek: nice!

Skullcruncher
21st November 2014, 10:38 AM
3000! Time for some photos, that's a lot of toys for sure. Of course you gotta count those 3D puzzles :D

lancalot
21st November 2014, 10:50 AM
what a great milestone man ...congrats .... Even if your not displaying them where you found all the storage for them!! :p When you do unpack them , all the stories of each one would come flooding back ....that be a good day !:cool:

janda the red
21st November 2014, 12:33 PM
Sadly not.... I have 2 kids under 3, so daddy's toys are all packed away at the moment....

I know the feeling dude... only a few of my toys are on display too. I have 2 under 2, nothing is safe! lol

awesome achievement Krayt... congrats :D

Paulbot
21st November 2014, 12:47 PM
So many Transformers! Great achievement.

autobreadticon
21st November 2014, 01:11 PM
n1 but this declaration needs photos :D

Krayt
21st November 2014, 02:24 PM
I can pic about 1500.... but they will be tub with the lid off of "All Combiners", or top of my wardrobe which is "all masterpeice in boxes"....

So how about a breakdown...

2010 8 (Anniversary Figs - Sons of Cybertron and a Predaking)
Alternators 21
Alternity 5
Angry Birds 10
Animated 72
AOE 69
Armada 136
Arms Micron 20
BattleStars 8
Beast Machines 36
Beast Wars 93
BW II 16
BW Neo 10
Binaltech 5
Car Robots 6
Classics 119
Cyberton 135
Device Label 2
Dinobots 6
DOTM 95
Energon 89
Expanded Universe 205 (Botcon/Club figs and some others)
G1 430
G2 33
Galaxy Force 2
GDO 17
Generations 143
Headmasters 8
Henkei 11
Heroes of Cybertron 9
Kabaya 40
Kiss Player 3
Kreo 164
Machine Wars 2 (Whoops... some missing from here!!!)
Marvel 11
Masterforce 5
Masterpeice 50
Micron Legend 35
Movie 125
Music Label 7
Operation Combination 36 (Micromaster Combiner Reissues)
Power Core Pombiners 36
Prime 138
PVC 48
Robot Masters 20
RID 70
ROTF 217
Sports Label 1
Star Wars 42
Super Link 11
Titanium 29
United 10
Universe 72
Victory 15

Paulbot
21st November 2014, 08:44 PM
I'm a little surprised that ROTF has the highest number of figures (bar G1) with only BotCon/Exclusives coming close to matching it in your collection. That was the best movie series though.

griffin
21st November 2014, 09:43 PM
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/impressive.jpg

I'm a little surprised that ROTF has the highest number of figures (bar G1) with only BotCon/Exclusives coming close to matching it in your collection. That was the best movie series though.

It might be surprising (or not), that the second movie had the greatest number of toys released out of the four movies (regular and gimmick toys). I think the success of the first movie had Hasbro increase the line for the second one, but went too far, so pulled it back for the next two.

theshape
21st November 2014, 10:26 PM
Victory 15

Best TF line ever :D Got any pics?

Krayt
21st November 2014, 10:39 PM
It might be surprising (or not), that the second movie had the greatest number of toys released out of the four movies (regular and gimmick toys). I think the success of the first movie had Hasbro increase the line for the second one, but went too far, so pulled it back for the next two.

I just had a look at a simple list on tfwiki... There is about 100 movie related releases, 50ish repaints to look like g1 or vs set figures, and 40 or so N.E.S.T subline figs....

And as for "gimmicks".... I don't get fast action battlers, one step changers, gravity bots, RPMs and that sort of thing.... (Except movie frenzy, and AOE steeljaw) so that 217 could be higher, but I'm glad it isn't!

Krayt
21st November 2014, 10:44 PM
Best TF line ever :D Got any pics?

Not at the moment, but it's not that impressive.... But it is Deathzarus, Star Saber, Victory Leo, and normal and black land cross reissue.

I'll have them out eventually though... When I try and stick Vic Leo onto MP star sabre :-D

Penetrator
22nd November 2014, 01:37 AM
victory.... :eek:

congratulations on the achievement!

victory....

Bidoofdude
22nd November 2014, 11:56 AM
Really cool milestone, I hope you collecting passion stays strong.:)

AJ_Prime
22nd November 2014, 12:51 PM
Wow 3000! That is epic. Well done mate! You'll need a whole floor to display those!

octopunchshotfisrt
26th November 2014, 07:32 PM
You dun did it. Bravo.

liegeprime
27th November 2014, 08:22 AM
That is an awesome milestone. A few pics of the tubs with open lids will be enough for us, especially the G1s, Victory, G2 heheheh. I should use your checklist breakdown in counting mine. I didn't count Kreos and the other non transforming figures (myclone, Revoltech, etc) but I might do so now hehehe.

BY any chance did you count each micron (minicon) as 1 figure? even the partnered up ones? Just wanted to know as I do it that way when Im counting. :)

Krayt
27th November 2014, 09:45 AM
Toy storage is doubling as xmas storage right now, and i need to get in there this weekend so might make some pics. But half is in storage in a shipping container somewhere secret....

As for counting.... if i buy it, it counts.... so Kreo, PVC, all titanium sizes etc etc etc... they all count. But I don't get statues and kiddie stuff anyway, so there isn't too much that is questionable.

ANd the count works so that if it is a complete item by itself, it's counted. So Minicons can and probably have been sold seperately, so they count alone. Even Armada 3 packs can be/were split up into single or split from a 3 pack and sold as a verses pack with a different 3 pack. And you can get an Armada Prime without his minicon and he is still complete in himself, so he is counted as one, and his minicon might have been in a Japanese single release, or by himself at a garage sale, so counts as one too.

Kreo.... same logic. blind bags are a single item, so each kreo from a set is a single item, as well as promo figures like matrix chest prime etc etc. But Kreo itself sucked so most of them are blind bags and combiners. ANd yes, when the 30th pack arrives, that's another 30

BigTransformerTrev
27th November 2014, 10:50 AM
I now have 3000 Transformers.

Not bad for a 31 year old.... Who wasn't old enough to buy G1 as it hit the stores!!!

Well done mate, I was 36 when I hit the 1500 mark earlier this year so you have doubled my achievement and at a younger age :)

5FDP
27th November 2014, 11:43 AM
3000 Transformers is truly an impressive number however when I read that, I'm thinking more about the $$$ spent to get there. Now that's impressive! Can I have a loan? :o

liegeprime
27th November 2014, 12:07 PM
Toy storage is doubling as xmas storage right now, and i need to get in there this weekend so might make some pics. But half is in storage in a shipping container somewhere secret....

As for counting.... if i buy it, it counts.... so Kreo, PVC, all titanium sizes etc etc etc... they all count. But I don't get statues and kiddie stuff anyway, so there isn't too much that is questionable.

ANd the count works so that if it is a complete item by itself, it's counted. So Minicons can and probably have been sold seperately, so they count alone. Even Armada 3 packs can be/were split up into single or split from a 3 pack and sold as a verses pack with a different 3 pack. And you can get an Armada Prime without his minicon and he is still complete in himself, so he is counted as one, and his minicon might have been in a Japanese single release, or by himself at a garage sale, so counts as one too.

Kreo.... same logic. blind bags are a single item, so each kreo from a set is a single item, as well as promo figures like matrix chest prime etc etc. But Kreo itself sucked so most of them are blind bags and combiners. ANd yes, when the 30th pack arrives, that's another 30

hmmm Thanks for that. Well then I guess I better recount hehehe, I didn't include the non transforming ones (Kreo included) that would probabaly put me almost the 2K mark ;p. Ive had less purchases nowadays with all them 3rd party and hotwheels Im buying haha.