PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be nice if this was real?

kup
27th August 2008, 04:45 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-mosaic-ultimate-deception/13823/

If this was canon, then they could actually demolish the wall that the original G1 continuity had hit with Beast Machines and allow them to be able to tell the story proper.

Wouldn't it be cool to see Pax Cybertronia Era Cybertron in all its glory?

BTW: Not counting Exclusive comics.

Adzma
27th August 2008, 04:50 PM
Interesting idea actually. I doubt it would ever happen, but we can always dream.

iceburn
27th August 2008, 04:53 PM
Beast Machine - Season 3!! Bring it onzzzzz
*haha*

Paulbot
27th August 2008, 05:06 PM
The twist is a bit obvious... but I don't mind the idea of BMac being a virus inspired dream... it would explain some of those odd inconsistencies. :)

GoktimusPrime
27th August 2008, 05:15 PM
Heh. :)

Pulse
27th August 2008, 07:37 PM
Continuity between the different series? That would be Awesome! :)

Tiby
27th August 2008, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure I want to see any more after that. I have not been very impressed with post BM shows... Anyway, these days it is all about rebooting, as Animated has done.

kup
27th August 2008, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure I want to see any more after that. I have not been very impressed with post BM shows... Anyway, these days it is all about rebooting, as Animated has done.

You are right from that point of view, if its continued now, they would only make it much more like Animated since there is huge amounts of censoring in kids cartoons which really hamper creativity.

However from the view of a DVD movie and comics made for an older audience, I would be stoked.

Thanatos
27th August 2008, 08:31 PM
I dunno. I'm not a fan of "and it was all a dream" style endings/re-openings.

Still good though.

kup
27th August 2008, 08:57 PM
I dunno. I'm not a fan of "and it was all a dream" style endings/re-openings.

Still good though.

Generally, I would agree but in this case I wish it would happen as its a shame that the G1 continuity ended on such a note.

GoktimusPrime
27th August 2008, 10:04 PM
But it doesn't mean that the G1/G2/BW/BM continuity is necessarily forever closed. I would love to see a series that shows us the end of the Great Autobot-Decepticon War or perhaps even further back in time - who wouldn't love to see a kind of The War Within but in-continuity with G1/G2/BW/BM? Okay, admittedly that wouldn't really link to a good toyline that could be marketed at kids (because the alt modes would all be pre-Earth Cybertron modes) but I reckon the former could work. :)

Transformers: Generation 3. ;)

i_amtrunks
28th August 2008, 11:26 AM
But it doesn't mean that the G1/G2/BW/BM continuity is necessarily forever closed. I would love to see a series that shows us the end of the Great Autobot-Decepticon War or perhaps even further back in time.

I'd love to see some more stories set between the end of season 2 and the movie, and not just because thats my favourite time period for the US show.

Theres a 20 year gap there to be filled with the Decepticons taking Cybertron.

GoktimusPrime
28th August 2008, 12:53 PM
Scramble City takes place between Season 2 and the movie. Of course, Scramble City is crap (nothing more than a half hour toy advert). :p But yeah, a story that substantially fleshes out that period would be neat. But such a story could be limited in terms of character choices and designs, for instance you might be obliged to introduce characters like Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee etc. and they would need to look fairly G1-accurate too. And there would be limits in terms of story direction and not messing up either the past (pre-movie G1) or the future (movie and beyond).

With a story that is set in say the late Autobot-Decepticon War you have far greater freedom with character choices, designs and story direction/continuity. We know basically nothing about how the Great War ended - all we know is that the Autobots ultimately won and the Decepticons surrendered with the signing of the Pax Cybertronia treatise. You would need to introduce Rodimus (and optionally Springer and Arcee too), but that wouldn't be hard and they don't have to look like their G1 counterparts - although the Wreckers story illustrated them appearing as they did in G1 the new line could easily retcon that. :p Telling stories of ancient Cybertron would also lend greater freedom for story telling but more limiting in toy/marketing designs because of lack of realistic Earth modes.

kup
28th August 2008, 01:22 PM
But it doesn't mean that the G1/G2/BW/BM continuity is necessarily forever closed. I would love to see a series that shows us the end of the Great Autobot-Decepticon War or perhaps even further back in time - who wouldn't love to see a kind of The War Within but in-continuity with G1/G2/BW/BM? Okay, admittedly that wouldn't really link to a good toyline that could be marketed at kids (because the alt modes would all be pre-Earth Cybertron modes) but I reckon the former could work. :)

Transformers: Generation 3. ;)

I would love to see those events too and such concepts have proven popular in the past (War Within, although not exactly in continuity but adaptable).

However what I am talking about is the continuity moving forward not stories that 'flesh out' the existing continuity. Beast Machines hit a mayor wall with its Technorganic nonsense which not only affected the main cast but all of Cybertron. There is no possible way of moving forward with that without carrying on with the very unpopular technorganic concept.

Paulbot
28th August 2008, 02:11 PM
It affected Cybertron, but there are Transformers on other planets. For all we know there was a large Maximal City on Earth or Nebulon full of Maximals and former Autobots who were unable to get back to Cybertron while Megatron's drone armies cut it off from the rest of the galaxy. I'm pretty sure that was part of the plot of some of the convention comics, (eg G1 Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Trailbreaker returning to reformatted Cybertron)

liegeprime
28th August 2008, 02:21 PM
I think that was the direction in those TF Universe comics ( I have only 1 issue unfortunately) released indeed Paulbot. Sadly Universe vr 1 had such an unfocused toy release it was quite hard I guess to incorporate every repaint and whatnot toys in the line , into the story that they had to make it just an limited exclusive storyline , of which Im not sure how it ended or did it ever get ended.? Anybody have copies of this? care to share scans of please hhehe. I only gots the part 1 where trailbreaker, and company got "kidnapped" on the Unicron planet to play out wargames between TFs of different generation - e.g Smokesreen G1 had to battle Smokescreen of Armada and lost. Never know what happened to this storyline....

kup
28th August 2008, 02:25 PM
It affected Cybertron, but there are Transformers on other planets. For all we know there was a large Maximal City on Earth or Nebulon full of Maximals and former Autobots who were unable to get back to Cybertron while Megatron's drone armies cut it off from the rest of the galaxy. I'm pretty sure that was part of the plot of some of the convention comics, (eg G1 Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Trailbreaker returning to reformatted Cybertron)

Yeah but the heart of the continuing mythos would need to include Cybertron and if that is Technorganic, then it spoils or limits much of what can be done in an epic story following on from BM.

Gutsman Heavy
28th August 2008, 02:37 PM
bah, nothings set in stone with stories.
Lets see, how about this:
Once upon a time on techno-organic Cybertron, Rattraps brakes fail! And he falls down a big shaft that leads to a long forgotten bunker in Cybertrons core, he lands on the big red "Hyper Omega Happy-time reset" button and Cybertron and all its inhabitants turn back into robots.

See, anything can happen with liberal MacGuffin use!

i_amtrunks
28th August 2008, 03:17 PM
Just have the Maximal Hotrod bring back "the Magnificence" from the planet he was hiding on while Megatron was controlling Cybertron, have it stolen by some Megatron/Predacon loyalists who then use it to complete Megatron's grand plan of turning Cybertron into a fully teechnical planet once more, then cue series! :p

kup
28th August 2008, 03:57 PM
Just have the Maximal Hotrod bring back "the Magnificence" from the planet he was hiding on while Megatron was controlling Cybertron, have it stolen by some Megatron/Predacon loyalists who then use it to complete Megatron's grand plan of turning Cybertron into a fully teechnical planet once more, then cue series! :p

Yeah but how do you retcon the BM inconsitencies such as the drastic personality changes of several characters, or that Primal is a religious fanatic instead of the heroic Maximal we saw in BW.

roller
28th August 2008, 04:11 PM
You could always have the Space launched Vehicons return to cybertron and terraforming the organic back into the technological.

Remeber, it was hinted in BM that Megatron has sent some vehicons into space.

As for this Mosaic, it is alright but i dont like the dream sequence endings

Gutsman Heavy
28th August 2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah but how do you retcon the BM inconsitencies such as the drastic personality changes of several characters, or that Primal is a religious fanatic instead of the heroic Maximal we saw in BW.

Pfff, plenty of people can become religious zealots overnight, I assume Primal was smoking some bad granola.

i_amtrunks
28th August 2008, 04:21 PM

Have Primal stay dead (same with Megatron). It'll be hard, as any Prime/Primal character can never stay dead for long, but the return of Leo Prime or someone else should work fairly well.

roller
28th August 2008, 08:11 PM
Have Primal stay dead (same with Megatron). It'll be hard, as any Prime/Primal character can never stay dead for long, but the return of Leo Prime or someone else should work fairly well.

No! Primal and Megatron have already been revived in their 10th anniv. bodies, its too late to say BM was a Quintesson induced dream or otherwise, besides we all knew the tfs would evolve into weird lifeforms one day. As the narrator said in the first episode "...but not life as we know today" :)

SilverDragon
31st August 2008, 10:00 PM
Generally, I would agree but in this case I wish it would happen as its a shame that the G1 continuity ended on such a note.

I technically see G1 continuity as going into the old Universe line. As you can guess, I don't mind BM's "ugly wall" at all (the aesthetic, on the other hand...)