PDA

View Full Version : Best pen for autographing transformers?

Mr_K
28th November 2014, 08:43 AM
Hi all,

I'm heading to Supanova in Brisbane on Sunday and am planning to take my MP-10 trailer and having Peter Cullan sign on the trailer's white strip.

What pen would be best for this?

I'm imagining a normal permanent marker will smudge.

Would a Gundam marker work?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

gamblor916
28th November 2014, 08:54 AM
I use the Artline 999 in silver (http://www.artline.com.au/products/specialty-markers/metallic/) when I get stuff signed. It looks good but it needs a few minutes drying time or it will smudge and look terrible. I always shake it up and test it beforehand as well.

Mr_K
28th November 2014, 08:57 AM
I use the Artline 999 in silver (http://www.artline.com.au/products/specialty-markers/metallic/) when I get stuff signed. It looks good but it needs a few minutes drying time or it will smudge and look terrible. I always shake it up and test it beforehand as well.

Thanks for the info gamblor916!

Can you get these from the newsagent or would I have to go to a special craft store?

I'm guessing gold might look better than silver on white paint.

gamblor916
28th November 2014, 09:19 AM
I get mine from a local newsagent though craft stores would probably have it too.

Mr_K
28th November 2014, 09:38 AM
Cheers!

UltraMarginal
28th November 2014, 10:18 AM
I'd go for a black sharpie, on a white background but the reflective metallic would also look good.

Mr_K
28th November 2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the tips!

Leaning towards an Artline paint pen, since they come in black

Bidoofdude
29th November 2014, 03:00 PM
I had a box signed with just a black sharpie. Not sure about plastic. I've used silver metallic markers (Sharpie on my Custom Lego Jango Fett) and it doesn't seem to come off.

CoRDS
29th November 2014, 03:25 PM
uhmm

gents. obviously its this

http://www.amazon.com/Optimus-Prime-Transformers-Sentinel-Point/dp/B00KNO5RUG

i have one on my desk at work. perfect workplace pen

Mr_K
29th November 2014, 09:50 PM
Hahaha, obviously! :P

gamblor916
30th November 2014, 05:00 PM
Comparison of the pens I've tested. The two Artlines are probably the best though they need time to dry.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l356/leducly/silver-markers_zpse7a644eb.jpg

Mr_K
30th November 2014, 10:10 PM
Artline Paint pen worked out swell!
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7482/15725068948_aca2ecd1bf_z.jpg

Ravagecat
1st December 2014, 02:37 PM
What a great idea Mr_K :cool:
How did you get the certificate of authenticity? Was it something extra you could buy or did you just need to ask for it?

edit: never mind just saw your other post. Just $5 wow. Would of been nice if I was told this was possible by the staff that sold me the tokens :rolleyes:

Sharky
1st December 2014, 02:55 PM
that looks great

Really need to add a like button function....

Mr_K
1st December 2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks all, super happy with it!!!

edit: never mind just saw your other post. Just $5 wow. Would of been nice if I was told this was possible by the staff that sold me the tokens :rolleyes:

I just happened to see a sign near the tokens stall on my way over, which is the only reason I knew. You would think they would advertise it more.

griffin
1st December 2014, 07:06 PM
What a great idea Mr_K :cool:
How did you get the certificate of authenticity? Was it something extra you could buy or did you just need to ask for it?

I did mention it because I saw the sign posted up on the wall of photos and commented how unusual it was, but I think everyone was too excited about meeting Peter Cullen to notice it.

Ravagecat
2nd December 2014, 09:40 AM
I did mention it because I saw the sign posted up on the wall of photos and commented how unusual it was, but I think everyone was too excited about meeting Peter Cullen to notice it.

I don't recall you mentioning it sorry. You were probably interrupted by my offspring when you were telling me as he so often does :rolleyes: I am still quite annoyed that staff didn't tell me though...

griffin
2nd December 2014, 02:16 PM
They certainly could have advertised it more, as it would have been another big revenue raiser. (I was surprised it was only $5)
I also thought that it would be easy to abuse, or be an unreliable thing, because you could use the certificate with faked scribble on an item that would be worth more, like a sealed Optimus toy, and fool someone into thinking that the certificate was for that particular item. Unless you have some proof that the item was legitimately signed by that person (with a video) and can prove it is the exact same item as in the video, the certificate on its own is not a reliable item when buying a signed item that has one.

Juggernaut
2nd December 2014, 02:23 PM
COAs are an overrated waste of time imo