PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: FansProject Cubrar red head

Mr_K
10th December 2014, 11:33 PM
Hey all,

Thought I'd reach out and see if anyone here has or is butting the Cubrar exclusive and would be willing to sell the spare red head?

Long shot, but never know if you don't ask.

kurdt_the_goat
13th December 2014, 01:58 PM
Did you see that people on TFW are reporting the standard Cubrar comes with a random head colour? Either black or red. A bit weird, why they wouldn't just give both! Im not sure which one i'd prefer, but it looks like it might be easier for you to get one now.

Mr_K
13th December 2014, 06:11 PM
Did you see that people on TFW are reporting the standard Cubrar comes with a random head colour? Either black or red. A bit weird, why they wouldn't just give both! Im not sure which one i'd prefer, but it looks like it might be easier for you to get one now.
Hey yeah I did see that, and I hope I can get one - I'm all for cartoon colours. I have a feeling the red head may be a factory error - I hope mine has that error lol.

jaydisc
22nd December 2014, 04:41 PM
Do you have a black one to swap or are you just looking to buy a red one outright? I overheard it's an intentional 18:1 black:red intentional, random ratio.

Paulbot
22nd December 2014, 04:52 PM
Do you have a black one to swap or are you just looking to buy a red one outright? I overheard it's an intentional 18:1 red:black intentional, random ratio.

A 1 in 18 chance of getting a black head? If that's the case I might cancel my order while I can still get my money back. All the promotional photos showed a black headed robot.

I'm already not impressed that their Swoop appears to be going to have a blue chest. This tells me I don't actually need the whole team.

jaydisc
22nd December 2014, 05:03 PM
Sorry. Other way around. Will fix.

Paulbot
22nd December 2014, 05:12 PM
Sorry. Other way around. Will fix.

That's better odds, but still, when you're buying a $100+ toy a random (and unappealing) variant that is something that will not appeal to all buyers, particularly when you can't inspect through packaging since it's all online orders.

I'm going to check when it hit my POL as I will think I will refund it an pull out of buying the set. Too many unknowns at this stage for me.

M-bot
22nd December 2014, 05:27 PM
I wanted a red head... and was lucky enough to get one! If it was a 1:18 chance, I'm going out and buying a Tatts ticket.:D

Although I do remember a friend telling me once that Tattslotto was tax on people who are bad at maths...;):cool:

Paulbot
22nd December 2014, 05:30 PM
Hey wait, in packaging he has a window flap right, but he's in beast mode? Can you see what colour the robot head is without opening it?

M-bot
22nd December 2014, 05:35 PM
Hey wait, in packaging he has a window flap right, but he's in beast mode? Can you see what colour the robot head is without opening it?

Nope, had to open him and at least partially Transform. I was a pig in mud!

jaydisc
22nd December 2014, 05:40 PM
That's better odds, but still, when you're buying a $100+ toy a random (and unappealing) variant that is something that will not appeal to all buyers, particularly when you can't inspect through packaging since it's all online orders.

I'm going to check when it hit my POL as I will think I will refund it an pull out of buying the set. Too many unknowns at this stage for me.

Yeah, just opened mine up. You can't see until you open up the mouth. Although I didn't spend much time. Maybe you can look, but that's not going to help with BBTS. You could pull the whole "Goods not as described" with your credit card.

But if I'm not mistaken, once it hits your PoL, you can't pull out. You have to pull out before.

M-bot
22nd December 2014, 05:46 PM
Jaydisc, is your head black or red? If you don't mind me asking.

jaydisc
22nd December 2014, 05:47 PM
Derp. Forgot to say. Black. AND YES I DO MIND YOU ASKING! (not really)

Paulbot
22nd December 2014, 06:23 PM
But if I'm not mistaken, once it hits your PoL, you can't pull out. You have to pull out before.

BBTS gives you like 15 days to cancel once it's in your pile of loot for store credit. Did that with Hasbro Jetfire and something else

jaydisc
22nd December 2014, 07:05 PM
Did not know that. Thanks!

Paulbot
22nd December 2014, 07:52 PM
You may cancel unwanted items from your Pile of Loot within 15 days of purchase. Store credit will automatically be given.
Damn it, it's 15 days to cancel and it's been in my pile of loot longer than that. Guess I'll have a Cubrar for sale in a month or two.

M-bot
22nd December 2014, 11:36 PM

I could have been a bit hasty in my judgement. Now that I've transformed him and know what to look for, I'll repackage him tomorrow and see what I can see. Watch this space!

xlojnr
23rd December 2014, 02:33 PM
you can tell when you open the front panel flap.

Here's a link to an image where someone has shown how to spot it. (thin black circled area)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/27485446d1418926088-fansproject-lost-exo-realm-cubrar-slag-tekour-4f0fstl.jpg

here is an image showing the black head variety

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xg24lo9lmp3e8b1/2014-12-18%2012.50.07.jpg?dl=0

jaydisc
23rd December 2014, 04:09 PM
Nice. Will have to check out my spare.

Mr_K
23rd December 2014, 04:34 PM
Was gonna trade black for red, but then realized that having a red head still won't get him to G1 cartoon accuracy due to the red horns - plus the black head has really grown on me now (especially since the flame-thrower connections are really obvious on the red head)

Just really want a blue chested swoop. I'm really hoping I don't have to buy the exclusive and retail to get a blue swoop without chrome

jaydisc
23rd December 2014, 06:53 PM
Looks like my 2nd one has a red head. Very easy to see while still sealed. Poop. I guess at least I have every variant, though don't really want this one.

M-bot
23rd December 2014, 09:50 PM
Yep, the red head is visible in packaging, contrary to my first suggestion.

If the red head version is in fact the rarer variant, could you guys that have/get one turn it to your advantage and sell it for a bit of profit? There would be plenty of people out there who want one, surely.

M-bot
23rd December 2014, 09:51 PM
Oh and BTW - he's awesome!!! I think even better than Columpio, who I also loved to bits.

Mr_K
28th December 2014, 06:22 PM
Oh and BTW - he's awesome!!! I think even better than Columpio, who I also loved to bits.

Totally agree on that!

zodiachao
7th January 2015, 07:40 PM
Hey all,

Thought I'd reach out and see if anyone here has or is butting the Cubrar exclusive and would be willing to sell the spare red head?

Long shot, but never know if you don't ask.

Hey all,
We are official Fansproject retailer in Melbourne
Shop 6, 99 Grattan Street,Carlton,3053
Phone: 9348 2666
We currently have a few products in stock(Revolver core, Trash talker& Cogwheel, six sigma and Quantron)
Cubrar is available on preorder.
Thank you.(http://sparkinstonetoyz.wordpress.com)

Mr_K
7th January 2015, 09:48 PM
You have a WordPress page, I don't see anything else