PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Battle Tactics

kaiden
11th December 2014, 10:16 AM
http://www.transformersbattletactics.com/

new game coming out for mobile devices in 2015.

griffin
11th December 2014, 04:58 PM
Full press release with some details of what this new game is about can be read here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/new-dena-mobile-game-announced-transformers-battle-tactics-181662/).

DELTAprime
11th December 2014, 10:41 PM
I hate game reveals that don't show the game.

kaiden
12th December 2014, 12:08 PM
I hate game reveals that don't show the game.

its a rehash of another game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobage.ww.a1933.Super_Battle_Tactic s_Android&hl=en

griffin
25th December 2014, 09:48 PM
This was really fast... the game is apparently now out on both mobile formats, and details about the game with download links can be see here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/transformers-battle-tactics-released-now-for-android-and-ios-181747/).

CBratron
11th January 2015, 07:47 PM
Been playing this since boxing day. It's fun.
The art isn't as nice as TF Legends but the ability to make tactical decisions beyond team composition automatically make this more enjoyable than Legends.

BigTransformerTrev
11th January 2015, 08:08 PM
Been playing this the last 3 days - seems to have cured me of my TF Angry Birds addiction :p

drahsrebu
16th January 2015, 11:37 AM
Totally addicted to this game, love the whole tactical sides of things, and the art is based on the characters figures. Eg wheeljack uses his exhaust weapons just like the figure has.

Raider
16th January 2015, 12:22 PM
I'm enjoying it so far. The main limitation I have, and perhaps due to my impatience, is an ability to speed up battles against the AI. Just gets repetitive watching the same attack moves over and over with no way to speed through it. Otherwise fun game if you want to kill a few minutes. Don;t expect to play for more than 10 mins straight as you run out of cubes quickly.

CBratron
16th January 2015, 12:42 PM
I'm enjoying it so far. The main limitation I have, and perhaps due to my impatience, is an ability to speed up battles against the AI. Just gets repetitive watching the same attack moves over and over with no way to speed through it. Otherwise fun game if you want to kill a few minutes. Don;t expect to play for more than 10 mins straight as you run out of cubes quickly.

That's okay. I blow through a full stack of cubes in aabout 10-15 min and don't spend a cent on it. If I were super dedicated I would do ten such sessions in a day but I only manage around four.

I created an Ozformers guild/league (password: Ozformers). Feel free to join. No rank restrictions. I have no idea what benefits a league membership brings but I guess I'll find out.

Gofigure
16th January 2015, 01:00 PM
That's okay. I blow through a full stack of cubes in aabout 10-15 min and don't spend a cent on it. If I were super dedicated I would do ten such sessions in a day but I only manage around four.

I created an Ozformers guild/league (password: Ozformers). Feel free to join. No rank restrictions. I have no idea what benefits a league membership brings but I guess I'll find out.

sweet i will hook up man

Raider
16th January 2015, 02:30 PM

Raider
16th January 2015, 02:35 PM
I have no idea what benefits a league membership brings but I guess I'll find out.

Neither do I but I just finished a battle and found a league crate! It was sent to you :p

UltraMarginal
16th January 2015, 06:29 PM
I'd love to join the League, but I've just opened it again after opening it for the first time a week or so ago. I can't get off the name selection page, there doesn't seem to be any way to get past it, it says my name UltraMarginal is already selected, which I did last week. and it won't let me choose that name it's forcing me to choose another name before continuing, back key doesn't work, menu key doesn't work, I'm a bit frustrated. oh well, back to work I guess.

CBratron
17th January 2015, 12:14 AM
Each league only has room for four members. Start a new one maybe. I'll update this as soon i've checked. Never mind I misread your post.

BigTransformerTrev
29th January 2015, 02:36 PM
Pretty chuffed - I'm only a Guard 2 level and on a free deluxe space bridge drop I got a Skids who is a Warrior 4 level - he kicks arse!

CBratron
29th January 2015, 03:40 PM
I did not know it was possible to get whole characters. I've only ever gotten tokens, coins or gold.

UltraMarginal
29th January 2015, 04:33 PM
Each league only has room for four members. Start a new one maybe. I'll update this as soon i've checked. Never mind I misread your post.

I've managed to sort out my issue, and joined your league, I haven't been very active though so if someone else wants to take my spot let me know and I'll drop out to make room for someone more actively playing.

just can't get away from the Marvel puzzle quest.:o

BigTransformerTrev
29th January 2015, 11:53 PM
I did not know it was possible to get whole characters. I've only ever gotten tokens, coins or gold.

I got a Bumblebee that I already had one of a while ago and had retired as I had more powerful characters - Skids came as a very welcome surprise :D

And have people noticed with the tweaks that the values have all gone up. For instance my Warpath now has a health of 43 instead of 39 and can do 19 damage which he couldn't do before.

CBratron
29th January 2015, 11:58 PM
And the damage to health ratio has gone up massively with the recent update. Before I would have to specifically concentrate my attacks to take out a bot. Now it seems to happen anyway

Raider
30th January 2015, 12:01 AM
I hate the recent update. Less skill and strategy and more luck. Has ruined the game as far as I'm concerned. Seriously considering quitting now.

BigTransformerTrev
30th January 2015, 12:22 AM
And the damage to health ratio has gone up massively with the recent update. Before I would have to specifically concentrate my attacks to take out a bot. Now it seems to happen anyway

Yeah, if I'm fighting a CGI opponent it takes me like 1.5 turns max to take them out whereas before it was 3 or more

TristX
30th January 2015, 09:37 AM
I've been enjoying the game but I can't get the update from google playstore.
Is there anyone that can host the updated apk or send it to me?
Feel free to PM, thanks. =)

Bartrim
6th February 2015, 08:06 AM
Bah I can't get this game yet. My phone is too full of stuff to install ios7:o

I'm due for a new phone in a couple of weeks so I'll get it then... Hopefully everyone is still playing then.

BigTransformerTrev
2nd March 2015, 12:39 PM
Ah, NOW I see how they make their money!

To make level 4 characters you need at lest 5 of their power cores. And the power cores are hard to come by, but you can build them with gold, and you can buy gold with real world money. Now the penny drops :rolleyes::p

Been trying to get a Blitzwing Power Core (only need one more) for days but it just never drops. And considering I've been playing TF Legends for years and never spent a cent, Im not about to start with this new game now

CBratron
2nd March 2015, 03:53 PM
Ah, NOW I see how they make their money!

To make level 4 characters you need at lest 5 of their power cores. And the power cores are hard to come by, but you can build them with gold, and you can buy gold with real world money. Now the penny drops :rolleyes::p

Been trying to get a Blitzwing Power Core (only need one more) for days but it just never drops. And considering I've been playing TF Legends for years and never spent a cent, Im not about to start with this new game now

When battling, pick a bot team to fight. It'll give you 3 teams from which to choose. If Blitzwing is on the team, fight them. Fight more Blitzwings and you get a higher chance of scoring the relevant token. And if you pick your opponent, it'll never be a live player.

Your player ranking will suffer if you're only fighting AI teams but you can fix that once you get your Blitzwing.

Raider
3rd March 2015, 02:14 PM
When battling, pick a bot team to fight. It'll give you 3 teams from which to choose. If Blitzwing is on the team, fight them. Fight more Blitzwings and you get a higher chance of scoring the relevant token. And if you pick your opponent, it'll never be a live player.

Your player ranking will suffer if you're only fighting AI teams but you can fix that once you get your Blitzwing.

This is exactly what I did. Have Blitzwing now and 5/10 for my second. I ignored my player ranking until I obtained Blitzwing. Now all i do is go hunting for live player fights :D

BigTransformerTrev
3rd March 2015, 03:05 PM

I have been. I've been killing a dozen Blitzwings a day for 3 days straight and the games seems to not want to hand over that elusive last core I need :rolleyes:

This is exactly what I did. Have Blitzwing now and 5/10 for my second. I ignored my player ranking until I obtained Blitzwing. Now all i do is go hunting for live player fights :D

I know you've killed me a few times :p

CBratron
13th March 2015, 08:23 AM
Today's update includes support for special event battles and Menasor. Unfortunately Menasor requires maxed out versions of all 6 Stunticons and the last three are listed as event rewards and still unavailable.

drahsrebu
13th March 2015, 11:37 AM
might be a good time to start plowing through my 30 saved up energon :D

Bartrim
13th March 2015, 11:38 AM
Just started playing this yesterday. It's very enjoyable :)

Raider
24th March 2015, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure of the exact mechanics of this but I thought I would share this little trick i figured out. One of the most frustrating parts of the game for me is when I lose a PVP my main team is out of action for almost 3 hours (your repair time increases as your rank does).

This is particularly frustrating in events. Anyway I was doing a PVP match and was just about to lose when I force shutdown the game. When I reloaded my team wasn't being repaired but was usable. I then proceeded to finish using my energon cubes. I logged back in about 20 mins later and suddenly my team was down for repairs but the timer was not 3hours, it was 2hours 40 mins.

What I take from this is that if you force shutdown just before you lose there is a lag between when you lost and when the game starts repairing your team. You will have a short period of time to use your remaining energon and the repair timer still runs.

Let me know if anyone else manages to do this too. I'm using an Android device for the game.

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th March 2015, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure of the exact mechanics of this but I thought I would share this little trick i figured out.
That might explain the "Surrendering" that seems to randomly happen.. Although I have had a few battle that I would have lost and they "surrendered".

Is there any difference between goodies received if you win a battle that has been surrendered that anyone has noticed?

Krayt
22nd May 2015, 10:18 AM
Sharky has made an Ozformers Gen 2 team for us new players... anyone want details?

CBratron
31st July 2015, 11:15 AM
The Ozformers league is looking to recruit one member to fill our team. We're currently ranked 145 and on target to get this event's reward but we need you to hit the ground running.

League: Ozformers
Pass: Ozformers

BigTransformerTrev
31st July 2015, 03:22 PM
The Ozformers league is looking to recruit one member to fill our team. We're currently ranked 145 and on target to get this event's reward but we need you to hit the ground running.

League: Ozformers
Pass: Ozformers

Bump

ZoonMaster5000
31st July 2015, 04:27 PM
Hey guys I have filled that last spot hopefully I can help out!

Raider
31st July 2015, 10:28 PM
Hey guys I have filled that last spot hopefully I can help out!

Welcome to the team Zoon. Great to have you on board.

ZoonMaster5000
9th September 2015, 10:53 AM
Hey guys just read cbrate is leaving and being the leader he's not sure what happens to the league.

For some reason my link app doesn't work, I've sent about 40 requests with no luck so could someone please fill me in on here thanks.

griffin
27th February 2016, 01:12 AM
Well that was fast... out December 24th 2014, and closing barely a year later in March 2016. A quick money grab and they are gone.
Details here of the closing down stages. (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/25/sunset-announced-transformers-battle-tactics-mobile-game-dena-310557)

ampoldj
27th February 2016, 06:16 AM
good thing im over it already. just started playing this January though and it is frustrating how PvP is based on luck match up not rank. (deletes app)

Raider
27th February 2016, 11:42 PM
Well that was fast... out December 24th 2014, and closing barely a year later in March 2016. A quick money grab and they are gone.
Details here of the closing down stages. (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/25/sunset-announced-transformers-battle-tactics-mobile-game-dena-310557)

Yeah it was just treated by DENA as a way to make a quick buck. At the start it had potential but their greed killed it quickly. Game died about 6 months ago when the biggest teams, including Ozformers, began boycotting.

Only positive from the game was joining up with other members who are into gaming. We still chat regularly at mostly play star wars galaxy of heroes now

philby
28th February 2016, 10:00 PM
i played on and off not very much but last time i logged in the stats were so much higher than when i was playing initially haha, power creep to the max.

Polursine
13th May 2016, 04:02 PM
For all those that played. Its all done now.
Severs are off. Time to uninstall and get that 1.5Gb of space back.

I personally started to stop playing after the last few weeks. Mainly due to uni work. But there wasnt any real purpose to it anymore. The final event had no real sense of completion nor victory. Shame. Cute game though.