PDA

View Full Version : 2014 - Your Best & Worst Acquisitions

griffin
29th December 2014, 04:30 PM
In the calendar year of 2014, the 30th anniversary of Transformers, what was your....

1 - Best toy acquisition overall -

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired -

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired -

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) -

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) -

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) -

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year -

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) -

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 -

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) -

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) -

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) -

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) -

(I tried to avoid questions that might be on the Ozformers awards so that I didn't steal its thunder, so apologies if there are any duplicates.)

There are still two days left of shopping and postal deliveries for 2014, so hold off until New Years Day if you are expecting something in the next two days that might be an answer above.

Feel free to give reasons for any items you list, and you don't have to answer all 13.

Krayt
29th December 2014, 07:10 PM
1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Eva Prime

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Eva Prime

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Ehobby black Rodimus, Pretender Starscream, BW BlackArachnia

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Gen Jetfire tied with botcon Scorponok

5 - Most surprising toy you(s) acquired (it was way under-rated) - AOE Snarl

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - no idea, I don't keep track... But just paid 50 us less than retail on the sdcc knights pack

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Eva prime

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - Eva prime

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - no idea... Will check the list tomoz EDIT: 254 dated 2014 in my list.... Plus another 10 in transit... Plus A few from 2013 and earlier... so say 300?

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - dec.... Pol fromthe us and Eva prime and MP Magnus

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Japanese movie releases.... Wheeljack, comet prime, dino, soundwave etc etc

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - all covers inc sub/retailer exc of iDW releases

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - GRIMLOCK!!!!! (You know the one I mean)

Bidoofdude
29th December 2014, 07:27 PM
1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Masterpiece MP-03 Grimlock

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Masterpiece MP-03 Grimlock, Generations Jetfire, Generations Gears

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Didn't get any

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Generations Rattrap (just because of the transformation, I still love it)

5 - Most surprising toy you(s) acquired (it was way under-rated) - Generations Cliffjumper (a lot of people hate the mould, I absolutely love it)

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - Whirl (Dad got it in the US for rrp)

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Masterpiece Grimlock

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - If you count Masterpiece toys, probably YOTH Optimus Prime or MP Grimlock

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 27 figures, less actual packs

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - December

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - I missed Rhinox due to priorities on my money, I'm planning to get him soon.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - Including Generations pack-ins, 7

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - RID #36 comic: It was just so good

CBratron
29th December 2014, 07:45 PM
1 - Best toy acquisition overall - MP Ratbat.

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Generations Arcee

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - 25th anniversary Unicron.

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Generations Nightbeat.

5 - Most surprising toy you(s) acquired (it was way under-rated) - Generations Arcee. It looked like a cheap knockoff of 3rd party and except for 1/2 a car on her back, she's pretty good.

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - None of my acquisitions in recent years has struck me as a good deal in recent years.

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - 25th anniversary Unicron.

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - 25th anniversary Unicron.

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 15-ish? I can never remember when.

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - I'll say February but have no idea.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Masterpiece and classicsverse dinobots.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - Four. I don't know. I buy trades and I read them. I don't catalog when they were released.

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Transformers The Movie original motion picture score from Liege, I think. Was that even this year?

Starscream77
29th December 2014, 08:48 PM
Fairly quiet year for me and I may mention something that was released last year but bare with my bad memory :D

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - MP Wheeljack

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - MP Wheeljack. What's not to love

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - MIB G1 Starscream

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - AOE Dinobots or Lockdown (he owned the movie but gee the toy sucks)

5 - Most surprising toy you(s) acquired (it was way under-rated) - an oldie but SDCC Universe Nemesis Prime, just a great figure

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - Encore Metroplex for less than I pay for a pack of smokes :eek:

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Scoria I think

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - G1 Bumper

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - about 40 at a guess

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - Feb I think

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Computron, couldn't justify price

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - none

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display
The AOE blu ray statue pack from Amazon for value

Handsprime
29th December 2014, 10:44 PM
Deluxe Armada Starscream

2 - Best 2014-released toys acquired:
Leader Class Jetfire
Deluxe Armada Starscream
Masterpiece Prowl
Masterpiece Wheeljack

3 - Best pre-2014 toys acquired:
Armada Optimus Prime
Armada Jetfire
Energon Ultra Magnus
Armada Megatron W/ Demolisher
Armada Tidal Wave

4 - Most disappointing toys I acquired:
Beast Hunters Bumblebee (Broke when I bought him)
Legends Class Grimlock (He is everywhere and the mold is now boring :( )
(In most disappointing toys I didn't acquire, it would be most of the AOE toyline. Man were most of them boring)

5 - Most surprising toys I acquired:
Deluxe Drift (This figure isn't under-rated, but it is what I say one of the best in the series)
Evolution Optimus Prime Pack (The Movie Optimus has a Unique look to it while the G1 looks amazing)

6 - Best value toys acquisition:
Generations Starscream, Scoop, Goldbug, Skywarp & skids, KO Masterpiece Sideswipe and Twoline/Skid-z

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - YOTH Masterpiece Optimus Prime

8 - Rarest toy acquired: Masterpiece Wheeljack (Australian Edition) :P

9 - Number of toys (roughly) I acquired during 2014 -More than 50 (including Mini-cons)

10 - Best month of acquisitions: September-October

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed:
YOTH Starscream (Never got released here)

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired: 6

13 - Best non-toy items acquired:
Transformers Generation 1 (Japanese Series)
Transformers Armada Collection.

Holdobot
30th December 2014, 09:34 PM
YOTH Optimus, Missed the original MP10 and when the YOTH came out there was only rumors of the MP10 reissue so had to go for it. Really impressive, I may have to double dip on the reissue.

YOTH Prime, Hasbro MP Prowl, AOE Evasion Prime.

Generations Springer, Reissue Ultra Magnus (Ready for MP22 to arrive.) Beast Hunters Ultra Class Predaking.

Fairly happy with this years purchases, maybe Beast hunters deluxe Bulkhead, got him because I wanted a bulkhead but missed the voyager at a good price. Then 3 weeks later one showed up at big w for $20.

AOE Legends Strafe - Picked him up only because I wanted a one headed Swoop but the Windrazor mold looks great as swoop and looks really cool next to voyager AOE Grimlock.

Reissue Ultra Magnus from Chimungmung for $39, YOTH Optimus from Myer at a 20% sale which I then paid for using credit card reward points so essentially free!

YOTH Optimus and MP22 was paid for but not here yet.

YOTH Optimus

35-40

December POL shipped

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) -
Wanted to wait for Combiner wars but POL had to ship.

6 in Generations Packs plus all Digital MTMTE and Dark Cybertron

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) -
Covenant of Primus, plus metal Autobot Badge from the wife for Christmas.

Paulbot
30th December 2014, 10:05 PM
1 - Best toy acquisition overall - MP Silverstreak

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - AOE Hound

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - G2 Slag and Snarl, my first ever of those two Dinobots, now just a Swoop

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - AOE Voyager Optimus Prime (Evasion Mode)

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - GO! Hunter Ratchet

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - TF Prime Voyager Bulkhead MIB $10

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - BotCon Pounce and Wingspan

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - BotCon Pounce and Wingspan

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 50

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - January on a quantity level

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - SDCC Dinobot set, just too expensive to justify

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - About 30 I think

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - The Transformers Legacy box art book, followed by like new copies of Marvel US #69 - 80

Ultra Mackness
31st December 2014, 07:54 AM
I've enjoyed collecting this year, although I haven't acquired anywhere near as many as in previous years.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - MP Wheeljack

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - MP Wheeljack :)

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - THS02B Black hybrid style Convoy

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Gen Windblade. I just hoped for...more?

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - Hasbro MP Prowl. I was expecting it to be significantly different from the TakTom release, but it was just facsimile!

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - My first transformers jet and car. I picked them up at a swap meet for $5 each!

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Encore 23 Fort Max

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - I don't think I picked up anything too rare this year, maybe a Bumblebee?

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - about 50

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - I think September was when MP Wheeljack was released.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - like Paulbot, I really wanted the SDCC dinobot set for the Mt. St. Hilary playset, but price was too much.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - 4 I think, just the one as that came with Gen. Toys.

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Transformer Legacy artwork book, it's just magic!

BigTransformerTrev
31st December 2014, 01:35 PM
Hmmm, a 3-way tie between MP G2 Lambor, MP Magnus and Generations Roadbuster – all 3 blew my mind!

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired –
*MP Ultra Magnus
*MP Wheeljack
*MP Bumblebee
*MP Sunstorm
*MP G2 Lambor
*Generations Roadbuster,

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired –
*G1 Windsweeper,
*DOTM Human Alliance Leadfoot

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) –
*I expected more from AOE Leader Class Grimlock.
*I thought that Generations Tankor would be better than he was.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) –
*Was very surprised to find Bot Shots Warpath in a shop as didn’t even know it existed!
*One-Step changer Stinger turned out to be way cooler than I thought he would be.
*Only got Generations Sky Byte as part of a pack and he turned out awesome!

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - & 7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year -
The answer to both is Gigantic Action Scorponok. Cost me a bit under AU$200 (so 7. the most I spent on a single figure) but he usually costs around AU$600 if you get him through the USA websites (so 6. The biggest price saving I had).

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) –
Not sure if I got any limited edition toys. Got sent these by a mate though:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1020413_zpsfe69e8f1.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1020413_zpsfe69e8f1.jpg.html)

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 –
Near 300 at best estimate

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) –

September was pretty good for quantity…

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1020204_zps7b8f0b1e.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1020204_zps7b8f0b1e.jpg.html)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1020235_zpsfbe2967b.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1020235_zpsfbe2967b.jpg.html)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1020323_zpsd28a1888.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1020323_zpsd28a1888.jpg.html)

But with all the MP’s, for quality definitely it’s December

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/P1020792_zps1fcbbb52.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/P1020792_zps1fcbbb52.jpg.html)

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) –
*Wave 4 of the Kre-O Microchangers
*SDCC Dinobots
*Botcon Scorponok

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) –
Got pretty much one of each IDW TF comic that was released this year

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) –

GRIMLOCK!

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/photo7_zps2c9907e7.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/photo7_zps2c9907e7.jpg.html)

Wow - put all together it was a pretty damn good year! :)

Megatran
31st December 2014, 10:57 PM
1 - Best toy acquisition overall
3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired
13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc)
Top 3 items come to mind (in random order):
#1 - Encore_Megatron (courtesy of member Zippo)
Last one of the Encore to complete the series for my collection. Been looking for over a year. Although the bot mode is flawed, this toy was the motivation to collect other series such as TF Collection, Commemorative series & Collectors Edition.

#2 - Transformers Legacy: Art of Transformers Packaging book
The only TF book I've ever bought & owned. FANTASTIC ILLUSTRATIONS. So much so that I ended up buying a replacement when the first book was defaced.

#3 - Botcon 2013(?) Rainmakers (Bitstream, Hotlink & Sunstorm)
The deluxe size is perfect. Fits nicely in the hand/ palm. But the colours really make these guys really pop.

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2015, 12:56 AM
Masterpiece Bluestreak
Masterpiece Wheeljack
Masterpiece Red Alert
Age of Extinction Leader Class Grimlock (it was even crappier than I expected)
Masterpiece Bumblebee :)
Platinum Edition AoE Optimus Prime w/ Sideswipe
Okay, not including toys that I got for free... Angry Birds Ultra Magnus v. Soundblaster ($5)
Aaarrgh, my most expensive purchase is also the one I haven't received yet -- MP22 Ultra Magnus! :rolleyes:
Cybertron Protoform X
June
MP22 Ultra Magnus, due to slllooowww delivery. Other than that, nothin'. ;p
All individual issues that IDW has released this year, except for the TF v. GI Joe series (I gave up after #2 :rolleyes:)
Dark Cybertron #12. Right in the feels! :o
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/senatorshockwave_remember_zpsf26823c8.jpg

griffin
1st January 2015, 01:27 AM
I've really been enjoying this topic, so hopefully more will post up theirs now that the year has ended and no more items can show up.

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Sideways Sneak Attack (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/b874.jpg) (an unreleased pre-production sample pack, was a lucky find on ebay from an ex-employee of Hasbro)

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - One-Step Stinger (only Stinger toy that isn't a redeco), Evasion Mode (Voyager) Optimus in any colour, Masterpiece Wheeljack, MP silver Streak (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1410c.jpg), MP Gen2 Sideswipe (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1403a.jpg), MP Bumblebee, MP Ratbat, reissue MP comic colour Grimlock (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1411e.jpg), RID 3-step Grimlock (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1412e.jpg), and Marvel Deaths Head (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1411a.jpg) (as an honorary Transformers toy).
(despite the Generations line being on average, the best line this year for me, none that I got this year was a real stand-out to mention here... which is surprising)

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Japanese Gen1 toys (Metrotitan, Dai Atlas, Sixknight, Roadfire (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1405c.jpg), Micromaster Sports Car Patrol (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1406c.jpg)), European Motorvators (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1402d.jpg), South American Saltman Z (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1411h.jpg) (Twintwist).

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Generations Brainstorm, JP GO! Ex Prime (train/dragon) (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1403a.jpg), Angry Birds telepods.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - One-Step Stinger, RID 3-step Grimlock, Gaia Unicron 2-pack (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1412g.jpg) (I never thought it was much different to the regular versions, so tried to avoid buying it... but it just got so darn cheap in the end)

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - ignoring free toys that were gifts, the best price saving was probably the Gaia Unicron 2-pack. If I had known how much different and gorgeous the toys looked, I would have bought it before it was on clearance at $33 (for two Voyager toys, that would be about $100 here as regular versions).

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Possibly Metrotitan or Dai Atlas.

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - Sideways Sneak Attack (only 3 are known to exist in packaging).

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 606 (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/tfc2014.html) (plus figurines and other non-toy Transformers items)... a new record, that I wasn't aiming to break, as I was avoiding a lot of 2014 Japanese toys this year.

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - November. The perfect timing of an ebay discount sale meant a lot of new and old items arrived in the week of my birthday... and then to top it off, meeting Peter Cullen on my birthday.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Nemesis Prime from the Japanese convention mid-year, and BAPE & EVA Optimus figures (prices were too high for me on release, and just kept going up after that).

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - All the TPBs released this year... to read eventually.

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Gen1 3D puzzle Bluestreak and Starscream (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1411g.jpg), Fold-out Ark from SDCC, Legacy boxart book, Animated Season 3 on DVD.

Deonasis
1st January 2015, 05:01 AM
This is all guess work but hopefully these choices were from 2014. Every swap was great in 2014, thank you to everyone I have bought or sold with last year. :)

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - A tie between G1 Hydra/Buster and Energon Optimus/Megatron (detailed below)

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Voyager Predaking (the second version)

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Micron Legend Starscream (thx Shirokaze!)

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Human Alliance Bumblebee seems to get a good rap but I don't really understand why.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - I enjoy the Takara Legends Bumblebee as my FoC Bumblebee and I like the transformation too.

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - Thanks to an eBay seller sending me the wrong figure twice, onselling those heavily subsides my purchase of Takara FoC Grimlock.

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - The Darkwings Hydra and Buster (thx Heroic_Decepticon!)

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - Energon Optimus & Megatron unreleased repaints (though they are incomplete)

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - I guess 30?

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - Early on in the year around when MP Soundwave came out ticked both quantity and quality checkboxes

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - All Generations releases :( (though some are now on order)

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - 9 Megatron Origins & LSotW (thx Paulbot!)

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - The comics listed above

aduthie1980
1st January 2015, 09:06 PM
1 - Best toy acquisition overall - YOTH OPTIMUS PRIME

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - GENERATIONS JETFIRE

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - G1 HOT SPOT

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - AOE LOCKDOWN

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - MOVIE JETSTORM

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - GENERATIONS JETFIRE ($45)

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - YOTH OPTIMUS PRIME ($150)

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) -None

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 150ish

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - November and December when I completed a few different lines.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - MP Grimlock

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - None

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - This guy
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa468/Andrew_Duthie/Transformers/Ozformers/CB23B2E8-7D45-4128-8B7B-3E5F00187E45_zpsjhgar8bp.jpg (http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Andrew_Duthie/media/Transformers/Ozformers/CB23B2E8-7D45-4128-8B7B-3E5F00187E45_zpsjhgar8bp.jpg.html)

laproblematique
2nd January 2015, 12:22 AM
[IMG]http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa468/Andrew_Duthie/Transformers/Ozformers/CB23B2E8-7D45-4128-8B7B-3E5F00187E45_zpsjhgar8bp.jpg[/MG] (http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Andrew_Duthie/media/Transformers/Ozformers/CB23B2E8-7D45-4128-8B7B-3E5F00187E45_zpsjhgar8bp.jpg.html)

That's one beautiful dog!

1 - Best toy acquisition overall - YOTH OPTIMUS PRIME

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - MP Wheeljack, MP Magnus, gotta show beast wars some love and name Generations Rhinox too

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Generations Metroplex, MP Prowl and MP Streak - thanks Megatran!

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired - FE Prime (on special for $60 and soon returned for $100 allowing me to get a cheap YOTH Prime :))

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired - MP Cars. Have never been one to go for anything less than Leader/Voyager scaled but these things are very nifty.

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - YOTH Prime & Grimlock $107 each. (x2 of each at that price)

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - MP Magnus $200 in terms of single figures but packs of YOTH Prime & Grimlock at $107 each didn't help. (hard not to get 2 of each at that price)

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - None

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 15-20 (Quality over quantity :p)

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - November

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - None

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Soon to be a new Fender telecaster

prjkt
17th January 2015, 07:58 PM
1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Hard to say, but maybe Generations Brainstorm. Just. CW Superion a close second. (If 3P is included, Hexatron Continuum just edges out Brainstorm)

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - See above.

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Still hard to say, but probable Prime RID and Arms Micron Vehicons

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - Generations Nightbeat. Was hoping for a better deco, but just falls short for me. Still have him for the character representation.

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - CW Optimus Prime. Surprisingly fun for all the rage his reveal/press images got.

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - AOE Voyager two pack - OP/Grimlock - 50% off at Myer

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Individual,see answer below/Pack, Asia Exlusive Generations Warriors - Ratchet, Kup, Perceptor

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - Millenium Publishing - Infiltrator Starscream/Funpub Chromedome

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - 45-50ish?

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - Dec - Combiner Wars Wave 1.

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - No official releases I wanted got past me, but Funpub Rewind is still a sore spot, and for 3P, the Planet X Dinobots are calling for me, but my wallet says no.

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - Physical - any of the Generations Pack-ins, digitall - ALL of them, RID, MTMTE, Windblade, Empire of Stone etc.

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - Glowing Decepticon Symbol lanyard.

UltimateGalvatron
17th March 2015, 07:58 AM
1 - Best toy acquisition overall - Transformers Fall of Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave

2 - Best 2014-released toy(s) acquired - Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown

3 - Best pre-2014 toy(s) acquired - Transformers Fall of Cybertron Voyager Class Soundwave

4 - Most disappointing toy(s) you acquired (it was way over-rated) - AoE Leader Class Grimlock... wish I went Voyager :(

5 - Most surprising toy(s) you acquired (it was way under-rated) - DoTM Deluxe Class Bumblebee

6 - Best value toy(s) acquisition (your biggest price saving) - DoTM Deluxe Class Skids and Bumblebee for $20 from a BigW, and a $20 Optimus Maximus from the same BigW later on.

7 - Most expensive individual toy/pack purchase of the year - Leader Class Grimlock

8 - Rarest toy(s) acquired (if you got any limited edition figures) - None

9 - Number of toys (roughly) you acquired during 2014 - ....25

10 - Best month of acquisitions (can be based on quantity or quality) - December, Voyager Class Slog, Galvatron and Deluxe Class Drift and Lockdown

11 - Toy(s) you really wanted this year that you missed (due to price or availability) - Titan Class Metroplex

12 - Number of Comics Issues and TPBs you acquired (old and new) - 7

13 - Best non-toy item(s) acquired (like merchandise, DVDs, Comics, display items, etc) - RoFT, DotM and AoE on DVD, Some virtual comics and 1 actual comic.