PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece G2 Bumblebee

Zommael
8th January 2015, 11:10 PM
In Denand Toys (the former Toyzandgamez) have posted a losting for a G2 coloured version of Bumblebee: http://www.idtoys.co.uk/transformers-masterpiece-g2-bumblebee-mp-21g-free-uk-shipping/#.VK5vF1k1YPY.facebook

It's almost predictable: i have no interest in the regular release of an MP, but TakTom know just how to get me interested with a random repaint.

Paulbot
8th January 2015, 11:13 PM
His Dinobot Island Jetpack? There's an add on accessory I didn't know I actually wanted.

Bidoofdude
8th January 2015, 11:18 PM
Bring on the Goldbug customs! This guy looks fantastic. Didn't G2 Bumblebee have a G1 Autobot logo though?

kaiden
8th January 2015, 11:19 PM
His Dinobot Island Jetpack? There's an add on accessory I didn't know I actually wanted.

but that means no exosuit? or spike?

but yeh the jetpack is a cool accessory, i had wanted TT to make an official one for Sideswipe/Prime

DELTAprime
9th January 2015, 12:37 AM
I don't know about this one. The jetpack is the only selling point for me.

prjkt
9th January 2015, 12:39 AM
Cue Goldmember quote, "I loove gooooold!"

I may actually get this one

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2015, 12:52 AM
yyyeeeaaahhh, I'm not gonna pay $99 for a jetpack. :rolleyes:

Bring on the Goldbug customs! This guy looks fantastic. Didn't G2 Bumblebee have a G1 Autobot logo though?
He did in the G2 comics.

Sinnertwin
9th January 2015, 01:14 AM
preorders up at RK $38.50US ($47.54)
http://www.robotkingdom.com/transformers/masterpiece/tftrmp21g.html

kurdt_the_goat
9th January 2015, 02:58 AM
Looking at that gold, it actually looks quite close to what i think many people wanted colour wise, from MP-21 (rather than the more orange "Camaro" yellow).

Maybe that's the real reason MP-21 is the colour it is - to further differentiate it from this release? Still, that and the jetpack isn't enough for me, and i'm disappointed they're peddling more repaints (not like this will be the last though!)

Mainly because I wanted something to dissuade me from the deluge of 3rd party MP style figures... meanwhile Fans Toys announce two (or 4 really) brand new figures on the same day... sigh. At this point i kinda wish TT would just contract Fans Toys to give the MP line a real boost in lineup!

griffin
9th January 2015, 04:07 AM
A bit of a wait for MP-21G though, as it is listed as July.
Not sure yet if it is a TakaraTomy release or a Hasbro HK release.

Ooo, I just realised that this Bumblebee doesn't have an Exosuit accessory, but just a jetpack... but I guess if it is proper shiny plating, the cheaper accessory might be needed to offset the extra expense.

CoRDS
9th January 2015, 06:26 AM
At this point i kinda wish TT would just contract Fans Toys to give the MP line a real boost in lineup!

that right there. they really should just give the contract to fans toys

janda the red
9th January 2015, 07:29 AM
G2 bumblebee.... You had me at "hello" :p lol

Looks sweet..... Preordered.

:)

Ultra Mackness
9th January 2015, 07:32 AM
I used to use a G2 Bumblebee as a G1 Goldbug so this punches all the right nostalgia buttons for me. I'm liking the idea of the jet pack too.

BigTransformerTrev
9th January 2015, 08:24 AM
Just came up for preorder at BBTS for about $65 or so

Ultra Mackness
9th January 2015, 08:28 AM
About $75 AUD (with current conversion rate) including shipping from RK.

Krayt
9th January 2015, 08:52 AM
A bit of a wait for MP-21G though, as it is listed as July.
Not sure yet if it is a TakaraTomy release or a Hasbro HK release.

Ooo, I just realised that this Bumblebee doesn't have an Exosuit accessory, but just a jetpack... but I guess if it is proper shiny plating, the cheaper accessory might be needed to offset the extra expense.

Extra expense? RK has a price $21.40US LOWER on G2 BB

Handsprime
9th January 2015, 09:10 AM
And I'm here still waiting for an MP Cliffjumper

drifand
9th January 2015, 09:46 AM
And I'm here still waiting for an MP Cliffjumper

No licensing acquired yet.

MayzaPrime
9th January 2015, 01:01 PM
I just pre-ordered mine from RK.

I actually got G2 Bumblebee before I had G1 Bumblebee, so I really cant wait to get this.

Lint
9th January 2015, 01:27 PM
Haven't committed to MP Bee, may pick this guy up instead as I'm not too fussed about the exosuit

griffin
9th January 2015, 01:34 PM
Extra expense? RK has a price $21.40US LOWER on G2 BB

I hadn't seen the price yet, so was expecting the standard MP car price.

nexusnixx
9th January 2015, 01:48 PM
let the milking begin! ha ha ha

ohh well i am buying it still... the gold is actually quite good... might complement Gold Megatron! :p

Tfiguy
9th January 2015, 02:13 PM
I'm in for sure! G2 BB was the only BB I had... and Goldbug...

Zippo
9th January 2015, 03:45 PM
I am torn
I don't double dip on MP repaints, unless said repaint is a new character

CoRDS
9th January 2015, 04:34 PM
dont like that faction logo.

but pre-ordered 2 anyway. one for the boy and one for me :)

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2015, 08:34 PM
I am torn
I don't double dip on MP repaints, unless said repaint is a new character
The only time I've double-dipped on MPs have been:
* Hasbro MP Starscream; just because it's such a massive improvement over MP03. :o
* Hasbro's MP10; cos I wanted an MP Optimus Prime w/ trailer and Roller. ;)

That's it. :cool: I skipped G2 MP Lambor, and I'll be skipping G2 MP Bumblebee too. I would've preferred seeing new characters done for these limited exclusive redecos of MPs. Tigertrack was a good idea (although I personally skipped it :p), and I would've liked to see Bumblebee redecoed as Bug Bite or Glyph. Still, there's obviously a demand for these G2 redecos, and it sure beats Takara's policy of exclusive repaints 15 years ago...

black
black
black
black
black
clear
black
black
:p

Barrel05
9th January 2015, 08:37 PM
Tfidownunder.com has it for 88 and 10 shipping

http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/takara-tomy-mp-21g-generation-2-bumblebee/

drifand
9th January 2015, 09:52 PM
Love it, like it, nothing wrong with it, but I be skipping this for now.

BigTransformerTrev
9th January 2015, 10:45 PM
I actually got G2 Bumblebee before I had G1 Bumblebee.

Heh - me too :p

Robzy
9th January 2015, 11:22 PM
He's actually pretty cool!

drifand
9th January 2015, 11:36 PM
He's actually pretty cool!

I agree, that's why I said there isn't anything wrong with this piece actually.
Probably price is stopping me.

drifand
10th January 2015, 09:16 PM
Anime Export just opened their pre order at 3,850yen

nexusnixx
10th January 2015, 09:35 PM
Love it, like it, nothing wrong with it, but I be skipping this for now.

Do not regret

drifand
10th January 2015, 10:56 PM
The thing is that is the same character .
I already bought g2 sideswipe unnecessary but he is weapons on.

Defcon
11th January 2015, 06:45 PM
I can skip this one, but love the gold. I would go for a Bugbite or Glyph if they are ever released.

yoshi594
14th January 2015, 01:19 AM
will this come with exclusive items? like exclusive to amazon or everywhere that sells it but japan?

Tfiguy
15th January 2015, 04:51 PM
will this come with exclusive items? like exclusive to amazon or everywhere that sells it but japan?

It comes with his battle mask and jetpack

Tober
15th January 2015, 05:17 PM

The Asia release comes with the typical commemorative coin.

VERT
15th January 2015, 05:26 PM
Just wish he hot a new head and it could have been Goldbug

tinyJazz
24th January 2015, 05:08 AM
Preorder (http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT81958/Sci) up at HLJ, ¥4,400.;)

CBratron
24th January 2015, 09:11 AM
Just wish he hot a new head and it could have been Goldbug

3rd party head, at least until a second repaint is confirmed.
Come to think of it somebody might try substituting a head from classics Goldbug. The classics mold is a similar size to the MP.

Sinnertwin
24th January 2015, 04:08 PM
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT81958/Sci

¥4400 ($47.22)

millhouse
24th January 2015, 08:37 PM
3rd party head, at least until a second repaint is confirmed.
Come to think of it somebody might try substituting a head from classics Goldbug. The classics mold is a similar size to the MP.

I'm just going to display him with the jetpack and battle mask (toy) face. Close enough for the display!

dirge
26th January 2015, 09:54 AM
I'd grab this if the head was blue - I'm a sucker for Goldbug - but with the gold face I have no interest.

griffin
26th January 2015, 07:28 PM
Amazon Japan has been updated (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%88%E3%83%9F%E3%8 3%BC-%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%95%E3%8 2%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%94%E3%8 3%BC%E3%82%B9-MP-21G-%E3%83%90%E3%83%B3%E3%83%96%E3%83%ABG2Ver/dp/B00S4DZ9LK/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1422260623&sr=1-3&keywords=%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%8 3%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC) with new images, all shiny and gold.

Release date is July 25th.

nexusnixx
26th January 2015, 08:15 PM
Looking good!!! Reminds me of those kiddy rides

Tfiguy
26th January 2015, 11:27 PM
I'd grab this if the head was blue - I'm a sucker for Goldbug - but with the gold face I have no interest.

Same... But then again, Goldbug's Robot mode is quite different to bumblebee's

dirge
1st February 2015, 05:07 PM
Perhaps, but it's much closer than Cliffjumper. I'm _still_ waiting for a Classicsverse Cliffjumper that's Not Red Bumblebee.

Zommael
1st February 2015, 05:14 PM
Perhaps, but it's much closer than Cliffjumper. I'm _still_ waiting for a Classicsverse Cliffjumper that's Not Red Bumblebee.

What about GDO?

GoktimusPrime
1st February 2015, 05:22 PM
What about GDO?
That uses the TF Prime body, which employs an Animated/Movieverse hybrid design aesthetic. I think dirge is looking for a more G1-esque design to go with Classicsverse. :) I bought the War For Cybertron Cliffjumper and switched the heads. The reds don't quite match, but near enough until (unless) they do a proper one. :o

dirge
1st February 2015, 05:28 PM
]I think dirge is looking for a more G1-esque design to go with Classicsverse. :)

Yup. We've had Brawn, Bumblebee, Gears, Windcharger, Huffer (sort of anyway), Beachcomber, Cosmos, Powerglide & Warparth. Need Cliffjumper & Seaspray. I don't count that massive Movieverse Seaspray toy. It just ain't the bot from G1.

Hursticon
1st February 2015, 09:30 PM
Yup. We've had Brawn, Bumblebee, Gears, Windcharger, Huffer (sort of anyway), Beachcomber, Cosmos, Powerglide & Warparth. Need Cliffjumper & Seaspray. I don't count that massive Movieverse Seaspray toy. It just ain't the bot from G1.

I'd be in the boat for a new Seaspray too :), but as to what size class? - I'm undecided. :o

prjkt
1st February 2015, 10:09 PM
I'd be in the boat for a new Seaspray too :), but as to what size class? - I'm undecided. :o

Hah nice pun ;)

I got a good deal on GDO Cliff, so he'll do for now for me.
Have been tempted by movie Seaspray, but I'd like to see a legends class one...
I'm still looking for a decent Beachcomber and Brawn though...

Back on topic, have pre-ordered G2 Bee, will probably cover up his G2 symbol with a reprolable...

ampoldj
2nd February 2015, 01:38 AM
Does anyone where to get the cheapest pre order (including shipping) for this guy? I bet my supplier from taiwan will charge 90aud for this with coin unless AUD value will increase by July

drifand
3rd February 2015, 10:46 AM
Does anyone where to get the cheapest pre order (including shipping) for this guy? I bet my supplier from taiwan will charge 90aud for this with coin unless AUD value will increase by July

Well that's the thing, with or without the coin? Without coin can go as low as under $60. < note I may be very wrong, no thanks to the dropping aussie dollar.

Tfiguy
6th February 2015, 12:53 PM

Are you in Brisbane?

ampoldj
6th February 2015, 01:06 PM
Well that's the thing, with or without the coin? Without coin can go as low as under $60. < note I may be very wrong, no thanks to the dropping aussie dollar.

Well i guess 90aud will be fair then but afraid it may go 100 at this rate the AUD drops. postage to Australia is definitely expensive

Are you in Brisbane?

Hi sorry i am in ACT, does TFi also order coins with their MPs

Tfiguy
6th February 2015, 01:39 PM
No sorry, the only way to do that for me is to buy through Amazon Japan (which they won't ship mp's to Aus... And it would cost more as it wouldn't be wholesale Pricing

ampoldj
6th February 2015, 02:06 PM
No sorry, the only way to do that for me is to buy through Amazon Japan (which they won't ship mp's to Aus... And it would cost more as it wouldn't be wholesale Pricing

Oh i see...why the heck have i really started coin collecting :(

UltraMarginal
6th February 2015, 04:15 PM

Without the coin, a few weeks ago I would have sent you here (http://www.anime-export.com/product/23514).
their customer service can be questionable but they have excellent pre-order prices.

ampoldj
6th February 2015, 07:53 PM
That's a very good price! :eek:

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2015, 10:42 AM
While you're absolutely right about Amazon JP not shipping to AU, I've used Amazon Japan to buy all of my MP cars and it's never cost me "more" (i.e. I've always paid below full retail price). :confused: Also, be aware that Amazon JP's MPs do NOT come with the coin. No Japanese MP comes with the coin -- that's a Hasbro Asia exclusive thing.

griffin
8th February 2015, 02:35 PM
While you're absolutely right about Amazon JP not shipping to AU, I've used Amazon Japan to buy all of my MP cars and it's never cost me "more" (i.e. I've always paid below full retail price). :confused:

You say that as if it there was an easy way for other Australians to buy from Amazon Japan indirectly without paying much more... which isn't easy to do without paying a lot extra in the process. You have noted before that you have someone in Japan buying them for you without charging much extra, and then posts them over in combined shipments.
As such, he was saying that it would cost him more to get someone in Japan to order from Amazon Japan than if he could get it from a wholesaler...NOT that it would cost more than than buying from a retail source. (his prices may or may not be more than JP retail prices, but that wasn't what he was referring to)

And when you actually think about it, if you take into account that a business has to make money, any Japanese-sourced products (not from a HK source) sold by an Australian dealer, has to pass through the hands of two or three businesses first who each have to have a markup/profit, plus add on GST at the end - most of which you don't have to pay by only dealing with one Business (Amazon Japan), so of course you pay less than pretty much everyone else here... so just be careful when noting or boasting about how you are the one lucky Australian who can pay less than Retail on Amazon Japan toys because you have someone in Japan buying for you.