PDA

View Full Version : JP version MP-10 Optimus reissue (black box) May 2015

Sinnertwin
9th January 2015, 02:08 AM
for those that may have missed it in the Robotkingdom interest thread, MP10 is up for preorder :)

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp10tre.html

MP10. $159.90 US ($197.01) + shipping.
May 2015

On HLJ for 17,600 YEN ($180.60)

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT39840/Sci

tfi $190

http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/transformers-takara-tomy-mp-10-reissue/

+ $19 flat rate shipping or free pick up according to FB

Amiami preorder is up: ($164.60)
Amiami MP10 (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-1535&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmasterpiec e%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1)

BBTS. $189.99 ($233)
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12029&mode=retail

griffin
9th January 2015, 02:19 AM
Perhaps RK has found some more stock from somewhere?

The MP10 reissue came out October 24th (http://transformersasia.com/news_event/news)... so I wonder if these ones come with the bonus Vector Sigma as well.

Sinnertwin
9th January 2015, 02:21 AM
Perhaps RK has found some more stock from somewhere?

The MP10 reissue came out October 24th (http://transformersasia.com/news_event/news)... so I wonder if these ones come with the bonus Vector Sigma as well.

bbts just threw up theirs too :)
No yellow soccer ball listed as an extra though

griffin
9th January 2015, 03:59 AM
Hmmm, looks like it might be a TakaraTomy (black box) release which will filter through Hasbro HK... and the October (clear box) reissue was just by Hasbro HK, making this one a double hit to the HK markets.

Then again, MP Grimlock was a triple hit to the HK markets last year, with the Hasbro US version coming out 6 months after the Hasbro HK reissue... and then they also had the Comic Book reissue as well in the same year.

Gofigure
9th January 2015, 01:10 PM
for those that may have missed it in the Robotkingdom interest thread, MP10 is up for preorder :)

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp10tre.html

MP10. $159.90 US ($197.01) + shipping.
May 2015

Woohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget spending $350 plus ;)

Deccas
9th January 2015, 02:28 PM
On HLJ for 17,600 YEN

Sinnertwin
9th January 2015, 02:53 PM
tfi $190

TAAUBlaster
9th January 2015, 02:56 PM
On HLJ for 17,600 YEN

Pre-Ordered! Still no G2 Bumblebee up yet though

Raider
9th January 2015, 03:08 PM
If anyone in Sydney is going to do a group buy on these let me know as I'm interested in both as I'm sure a lot of us are.

philby
9th January 2015, 04:02 PM
sweet! this should be the regular takara version right? i prefer the colours a bit to the hasbro one so happy this has come about. pre-ordered on tfidownunder.

Megatran
9th January 2015, 05:13 PM
Pardon my ignorance. Is the Takara Optimus toy different to the Hasbro?

CoRDS
9th January 2015, 05:32 PM
roller is silver instead of blue.
the box is full cardboard.
the reds and blues on prime are more toon accurate while hasbro is more 80s toy accurate

Gofigure
9th January 2015, 06:04 PM
tfi $190

Woohooooooooooo!!!!

Gofigure
9th January 2015, 06:06 PM
Pardon my ignorance. Is the Takara Optimus toy different to the Hasbro?

The blue is a lot darker and quite striking from what I have seen.

Hence I want this version on my MP shelf.

Trent
9th January 2015, 07:18 PM
Takara Prime is painted red while Hasbro is red plastic.
Eyes are a darker blue on Takara. Looks kinda dead.
Inside of trailer is painted on Takara, Gray plastic on Hasbro
Takara doesn't have paint apps on the running lights, Hasbro does.

Really it comes down to what scheme you prefer. I'm more than happy with my Hasbro version, but can see why others prefer Takara.

DELTAprime
9th January 2015, 07:43 PM
Since Japanese retailers have this listed it must be an actual Takara reissue and not the normal Hasbro HK reissue of Takara Tomy product.

Remember the rumour last year that said Takara would reissue MP-10 and some other MP's? I wonder if that rumor might be panning out despite the initial scepticism of it.

Since I need a MP-10 Matrix for MP-22 and I passed on a cheap Hasbro MP-10 with Vector Sigma and I'm not taking my Matrix out of my existing MP-10 (cause principles) I might consider getting this reissue if I can get him cheap enough. Then I'd have a MP-10 to display as a TRUKK!:p

Cleon
9th January 2015, 09:21 PM
Amiami preorder is up:
Amiami MP10 (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-1535&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dmasterpiec e%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1)

drifand
9th January 2015, 09:36 PM
Ordered HLJ. So the RUMOURS last year was correct but it was dismissed as a hoax?

drifand
9th January 2015, 09:39 PM
Takara Prime is painted red while Hasbro is red plastic.
Eyes are a darker blue on Takara. Looks kinda dead.
Inside of trailer is painted on Takara, Gray plastic on Hasbro
Takara doesn't have paint apps on the running lights, Hasbro does.

Really it comes down to what scheme you prefer. I'm more than happy with my Hasbro version, but can see why others prefer Takara.

There are the box collector Trent. lol you know.....it must be this box art and sealed...you get the drift.

I am getting one because this is affordable now.

drifand
9th January 2015, 09:44 PM
Since Japanese retailers have this listed it must be an actual Takara reissue and not the normal Hasbro HK reissue of Takara Tomy product.

Remember the rumour last year that said Takara would reissue MP-10 and some other MP's? I wonder if that rumor might be panning out despite the initial scepticism of it.

Since I need a MP-10 Matrix for MP-22 and I passed on a cheap Hasbro MP-10 with Vector Sigma and I'm not taking my Matrix out of my existing MP-10 (cause principles) I might consider getting this reissue if I can get him cheap enough. Then I'd have a MP-10 to display as a TRUKK!:p

Yeah the rumours was SHOT down, you wonder who gave that info. This means mp11, red alert, and the rest will come in "possibly"

drifand
9th January 2015, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah, Bummer to all those selling this at high prices. Pretty sure I am lucky not to spend $400 to get either Hasbro or Takara one, as you be now holding both for that price. :)

One thing though, my wallet is already dented before May, this is real bad.

drifand
9th January 2015, 11:41 PM
AE is cheapest followed by NY and amiami.
You are spoiled for choice to be honest and silly if you going to order last minute to find it all sold out if you haven't gotten a mp 10.

IMO I like the red on takara better but the head is better on hasbro.

I find mp10 riffle is too short and they shouldn't have made it foldable gimmick as it doesn't look right. I have thought the riffle was stored in the trailer.
Could be wrong just my thoughts only.

Bladestorm
9th January 2015, 11:52 PM
Oh no... another MP-10 I MUST have. My poor husband is going to be shaking his head.

I really like the red on this one... almost enough to keep it in truck mode if it is indeed that colour on the finished product.

One can never have too many red trucks right?

griffin
10th January 2015, 12:33 AM
TakaraTomy (black box) version...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/jp2011a15.jpg

- Verses -

Hasbro (clear box) version, which was also the recent HK reissue...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/excl2012a38.jpg
(yes, the official images for the Hasbro Optimus has a mis-transformed cab :rolleyes: )

The blue is different, and Roller is a different colour.... but the red is actually the same on both.

kaiden
10th January 2015, 12:47 AM
I'm interested in getting the box and bio card if there's anyone who doesnt want them or has a spare?

drifand
10th January 2015, 01:52 AM
I believe the red is brighter on hasbro as rocketpunch army YouTube has shown.
Takara version was g1 toy accurate colours and hasbro was cartoon accurate.

So there is a different red so to speak. Even yoth version is darker.

http://youtu.be/Da0Lum8c-0U

Above link is a quick comparison.
The grey is also darker on takara.

Megatran
10th January 2015, 10:53 AM
Why not get both & be done with it. ;)

After all it will be another 12 months or so before they reissue it again & again & again ....

drifand
10th January 2015, 12:56 PM
Why not get both & be done with it. ;)

After all it will be another 12 months or so before they reissue it again & again & again ....

Yup I am doing that.
Probably the only figure that I buy a few versions.

Something tells me the rumours was shot down to protect current sellers on eBay though, I remembered I did asked one of the Taiwanese sellers and was almost immediately brushed off as this wasn't going to happen.
Needless to say he was selling his at over $450 on eBay .

I am almost certain there will be a tru version this year by seeing how it is going. Then again what is Tru going to do? Import and sell this piece at $320?
Is noticeably more expensive than Magnus .

Pretty sure sideswipe will be release again.

Cleon
10th January 2015, 04:39 PM
Pretty sure sideswipe will be release again.

I sure hope so! Cheapest I've seen it anywhere is $100!

Megatran
10th January 2015, 05:02 PM
If there's ever a license to print money, this is it.

*Click click click* That's the sound of money printing machine running hot. :p

drifand
10th January 2015, 06:10 PM
A bit slow though, they gave the ko a chance.

The situation was so bad that I almost purchased one as the yoth will not do it for me .

They should have release it about 3 months back.

Penetrator
11th January 2015, 10:40 PM
the YOTH was excellent imo

i actually did give up on getting an mp10 due to the soaring prices. Even passed on the hasbro hk reissue as that version didnt do it for me either (and yoth did lol).

I guess it would be nice if they added the blue windows on the takara version. I dont mind that at all.

gives a chance to the guys who already own and mp10 to get another mp10 with blue windows :p

zaneiken
12th January 2015, 02:43 AM
I bought one of the Hasbro Reissues w/Vector Sigma because I thought it was my only chance to grab a MP-10 mold for a reasonable price. I haven't opened it yet as I don't particularly like the overly bright Hasbro colour scheme so will be looking to offload it to fund a TT MP-10 purchase.

drifand
12th January 2015, 08:39 AM
I bought one of the Hasbro Reissues w/Vector Sigma because I thought it was my only chance to grab a MP-10 mold for a reasonable price. I haven't opened it yet as I don't particularly like the overly bright Hasbro colour scheme so will be looking to offload it to fund a TT MP-10 purchase.

You find that the TT one has a bad optimus eyes and headlights not painted and not very great either. I have opened and displayed the Hasbro version in my cabinet and it blends fine with the TT cars. Its very similar to people loving the current Magnus and some prefer the light blue version. Is funny to think of it as I would think TT would went light blue on the Magnus and Hasbro may have done the current colour scheme.

I do like the G1 TT colours but it isnt a deal breaker for either one for me. TT has a better package, roller is wrong coloured imo, again do not know what TT was thinking.

I wished TT DID something to correct the eyes as their MP-1 was great. I don't see why they changed it. But either way I wont be off loading either one of the mp-10. The Hasbro was by luck it got reissued, Hasbro record of reissuing mps were nearly next to zero whereas TT do reissue theirs from time to time whether it is done by Hasbro Asia or TT themselves.

The other thing I like to add is this Hasbro version has all solid joints unlike what was mentioned in the rocketpunch army video saying his has loose joints at the feet and arms and many call it the deal breaker. The news is this is better than before.

rodent
12th January 2015, 10:36 AM
Very happy that this it happening - TT MP-10 has been right at the top of my list for some time! May is still a long time away though and I really hope tfidownunder don't bugger up my preorder like they did with Magnus.

drifand
12th January 2015, 01:02 PM
Very happy that this it happening - TT MP-10 has been right at the top of my list for some time! May is still a long time away though and I really hope tfidownunder don't bugger up my preorder like they did with Magnus.

That is my worry for you. They have one of the best priced mp-10 I have to admit, won HLJ in shipping. Because if they bugger up, mp-10 is a deal breaker for some and can really piss people off. I hope TFI dont screw up.

Tfiguy
13th January 2015, 01:35 PM
Lol go easy guys! I'm pretty sure I explained exactly what happened with the Extra Magnus' to everyone... For once it wasn't my website that screwed up, it was my wholesellers...

rodent
13th January 2015, 01:57 PM
Lol go easy guys! I'm pretty sure I explained exactly what happened with the Extra Magnus' to everyone... For once it wasn't my website that screwed up, it was my wholesellers...

Oh hi Evan! Sorry I really could have worded that better but yes I do believe that it was a mistake made by your supplier, which is why I'm again going with TFI and hoping the same thing doesn't happen again :)

Strand
13th January 2015, 07:04 PM
Hi guys, first time poster though I have lurked the boards a couple times.

I only got into the Masterpiece game fairly recently (Lego Modular/UCS is an equally expensive hobby :(), so missed out on the MP-10. I've steadily been picking up these figures online the past 12 months as the prices for MP figures has somewhat stabilised, that is... except MP-10.

Couldn't stomach paying $400 for one on eBay but did get a 'Year of the Horse' version. The robot itself is very nice even if not in G1 colours, but that trailer is ghastly. Was seriously considering a dismantling and repaint but thankfully found out about the May release. Thanks, Ozformers!

tangy
14th January 2015, 12:32 PM
just put my preorder in with TFI to give a local guy some support (normally order through AE). Been wanting one of these MP10's for ages and my birthday is in May as well so i hopefully no delays!

drifand
14th January 2015, 01:27 PM
just put my preorder in with TFI to give a local guy some support (normally order through AE). Been wanting one of these MP10's for ages and my birthday is in May as well so i hopefully no delays!

20th may was somewhere I read.

nexusnixx
14th January 2015, 01:33 PM
Really looking forward to this too. Was told its a very well scaled mould

drifand
14th January 2015, 06:37 PM
Really looking forward to this too. Was told its a very well scaled mould

Come on now, you would have known with your YOTH, EVA versions. lol

nexusnixx
15th January 2015, 10:18 AM
Come on now, you would have known with your YOTH, EVA versions. lol

But this was the one that started all

Tfiguy
18th January 2015, 09:03 PM

Hey mate, I have a restock if you're still looking for one :)

philby
19th June 2015, 09:58 PM
has anyone got this yet or heard when it was coming? i thought it was going to be april or may but we are coming up to late june now. i heard 'we should be shipping next week' last week :)

Megatran
19th June 2015, 11:07 PM
^ It was announced some time ago that the release was push out from 31st May to 27th June.

ampoldj
20th June 2015, 09:10 AM
^and now it is already in distribution as some ebay sellers from Taiwan has got their stocks from Hasbro Asia (they are usually ahead about 10days from Takara release date).

philby
20th June 2015, 09:38 AM
^ It was announced some time ago that the release was push out from 31st May to 27th June.

ah ok thanks. nice birthday present for me then :D

GoktimusPrime
20th June 2015, 06:16 PM
A friendly reminder that this toy will also be released in Australia (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20297) :)

drifand
20th June 2015, 11:27 PM
At premium price though.

GoktimusPrime
21st June 2015, 10:03 PM
At premium price though.
How do you know this? Do you have the TRU SKN?

Not all of TRU AU's MP prices are exorbitantly expensive, you know. Some reasonably priced MPs include:
* Starscream - Cheaper than Takara!
* Grimlock
* Thundercracker - Cheaper than Takara!
* Rodimus Prime - Cheaper than Takara!※
* "MP10" Optimus Prime - Cheaper than Takara!
* Soundwave, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy & Ravage - Cheaper than Takara!

MP Skywarp also sold here for cheaper than the Takara version, although that wasn't at TRU. I have no idea how much the MP10 reissue will cost here. Their MP pricing is fairly haphazard (they can't even maintain a consistent price point between Hasbro MP Prowl and Bluestreak), so it could be expensive, cheap or just on par w/ TakaraTOMY... who knows. If you do know, some evidence would be nice.

-------------------------------------------
※MP9's RRP = 17640JPY (approx. AU$185), whereas Hasbro's Rodimus Prime sold here for $80 (then later discounted to $60); so even factoring in the lack of the trailer, it's still substantially cheaper than TakTOM's (unless you think the trailer/platform is worth shelling out an extra $105 for) --- and that's without factoring in the cost of postage. MP9 would be over $200 w/ shipping.

griffin
21st June 2015, 10:56 PM
Hasbro stopped being cheaper than TakaraTomy after MP Soundwave. Everything since then that was a Japanese toy has been more expensive, both here and in America.
Which you've proven by only listing toys before they changed their global pricing policy on Masterpiece toys after Soundwave.

GoktimusPrime
21st June 2015, 11:12 PM
One can still hope for a cheaper price (though I wouldn't hold my breath) :p
I'm still disappointed that they decided not to lower MP Bluestreak's price after I contacted them about it, and TRU said that they would consider it. I wonder if it was ever seriously considered or not. :o

drifand
21st June 2015, 11:44 PM
I was under the impression that this IS the jpy reissue and by looking at starsaber which cost less than prime is at $299.

I don't think there will be a cheaper prime than most of us had paid under $230au delivered.

Yes I can be wrong but I don't see how mp10 is going to be cheaper.

MayzaPrime
22nd June 2015, 10:39 PM
One can still hope for a cheaper price (though I wouldn't hold my breath) :p
I'm still disappointed that they decided not to lower MP Bluestreak's price after I contacted them about it, and TRU said that they would consider it. I wonder if it was ever seriously considered or not. :o

What was their response?

drifand
23rd June 2015, 04:19 PM
Probably pointed at hlj which are available atm.

Bladestorm
24th June 2015, 12:26 AM
I picked up my MP-10 today. I've got several of the Hasbro versions but this is my first Takara Tomy version (although my poor husband was like - "how many of these things do you really need???" when he saw me open the box briefly). I haven't had a chance to really play with him yet though as I've been a little pre-occupied with the other guy I got today. ;)
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/517/19058493566_2afb67c264_z.jpg
Did the original release box have that "perfect new model" sticker on it? If not, I'm curious to know what has changed between this and the previous release.
I didn't realise he was going to be re-released with the coin so that was a nice surprise.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/393/19079078122_0e5a8c4a4c_z.jpg
I'm assuming it is the same coin as the previous release?

Anyways, he's out here in Hong Kong and as I said in the foreign toy release thread he is retailing here for HK$1099 (AU$183.60).

leej84
24th June 2015, 05:59 AM
Nice! Looks like you had some nice pick ups bladestorm.
Yes I'm curious to find out what are the differences between this one and the original mp10 too, I have a loose one of them. Maybe if you take some pictures of it out of the box I can check and compare with my original.

ampoldj
25th June 2015, 06:32 PM
HLJ and Nippon Yasan has this instock already...just worried with UW Superion that should be out with MP10 Convoy based Japan release date :confused:

Lord_Zed
25th June 2015, 08:19 PM
How do you know this? Do you have the TRU SKN?

Not all of TRU AU's MP prices are exorbitantly expensive, you know. Some reasonably priced MPs include:
* Starscream - Cheaper than Takara!
* Grimlock
* Thundercracker - Cheaper than Takara!
* Rodimus Prime - Cheaper than Takara!※
* "MP10" Optimus Prime - Cheaper than Takara!
* Soundwave, Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy & Ravage - Cheaper than Takara!

To be fair, a few of those toys you mention did involve some have minor cost cutting on some of the paint aps, features or plastic to keep the price down. In most cases it wasn't that significant with the exception of Rodimus Prime and MP 10. In the past however it did seems Hasbro were trying to find a balance between premium Japanese item and affordable mainstream toy. Now however it looks like they are just taking the Japanese version as is, and charging a premium.

millhouse
26th June 2015, 12:12 PM
In most cases it wasn't that significant with the exception of Rodimus Prime and MP 10.

Would you really say that MP-10 was significantly reduced in quality/application/functionality? Rodimus, sure, but Prime?

drifand
26th June 2015, 12:34 PM
Would you really say that MP-10 was significantly reduced in quality/application/functionality? Rodimus, sure, but Prime?

Prime is reduced in paint apps, I think a lot of people don't see it.

What is painfully frustrating is Takara isn't interested in improving the paint and raising the price a little and actually get more customers who would buy a proper painted prime without the dull eyes.