PDA

View Full Version : JP Combiner Wars coming soon.

DELTAprime
10th January 2015, 11:50 AM
TFYuki's twitter account tweeted out a teaser for the Takara Tomy version of Combiner Wars. He says there will be more info by the end of January in Dengeki Magazine.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-transformers-combiner-wars-also-arriving-in-2015/31955/

Deonasis
10th January 2015, 11:56 AM
I am highly anticipating Takara combiner wars!

TAAUBlaster
10th January 2015, 12:08 PM
Yes! :D

Zippo
10th January 2015, 12:58 PM
Yay
However end of Jan is so far away .. so, I am still going to double dip and get Hasbro versions of Wave 1/2 to tie me over

Bidoofdude
10th January 2015, 01:51 PM
Hoping their Slingshot (or whatever jet it is) looks good enough with the rest of the Hasbro jets.

GoktimusPrime
12th January 2015, 10:03 AM
Reading the Japanese comments, one user is speculating that the JP Aerialbots will be called 'Aerialbots' instead of 'Airbots,' as per TakaraTOMY's recent trend to use G1 Anglophone names over G1 Japanese names (e.g. Convoy-->Optimus Prime, Skyfire-->Jetfire etc.). I guess that other gestaltnames will be similarly changed, i.e.:
Stuntrons-->Stunticons
Combatrons-->Combaticons
Guardian-->Defensor
Glaze-->Blades
Air Rider-->Air Raid
Fast Aid --> First Aid </cheek> :p
Sling-->Sling Shot (although I wouldn't be surprised if they used the name 'Alpha Bravo')

Although one thing is... Superion has always been called Superion in Japan, but the pronunciation is different in Japanese (more like "Spare-ee-on"). So while TakaraTOMY may maintain the same 'spelling' of Superion in Japanese, Japanese fans will most likely still pronounce it the Japanese way instead of saying "Soo-peer-ee-on". ;)

Ploughmans Lunch
13th January 2015, 12:13 PM
Cool

Bidoofdude
13th January 2015, 02:52 PM
Air Raid seems like a name that was lost in translation, as does First Aid. :p

GoktimusPrime
14th January 2015, 12:48 AM
Air Raid seems like a name that was lost in translation, as does First Aid. :p
Air Raid was definitely changed to "Air Rider" in Japanese.
The Fast Aid/First Aid thing isn't true, I was just being silly. :p In truth, most Japanese speakers can't differentiate between the pronunciation of "Fast" and "First," and both are written exactly the same way in Japanese (ファースト). It's because the unstressed neutral /ə/ vowel doesn't exist in Japanese (which exclsively uses pure vowels (monophthongs)).

Sinnertwin
22nd January 2015, 02:47 PM
Hoping their Slingshot (or whatever jet it is) looks good enough with the rest of the Hasbro jets.

can't post the link but no Alpha Bravo, all 5 jets with Slingshot looks awesome

Paulbot
22nd January 2015, 02:51 PM
can't post the link but no Alpha Bravo, all 5 jets with Slingshot looks awesome

This is on TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/takara-transformers-unite-warriors-uw-01-superion-revealed-slingshot-confirmed-181897/)

Sinnertwin
22nd January 2015, 03:06 PM
thanks Paul

SharkyMcShark
22nd January 2015, 03:12 PM
Colour me interested in that Takara Superion set, pending information on price.

Zippo
22nd January 2015, 03:15 PM
Oh yeah
I knew Takara would come through. Happy to have the Hasbro version though and might keep them in robot/alt mode while Takara version stays in combiner.

Paulbot
22nd January 2015, 03:20 PM
thanks Paul

It was such a tantalising tease. I had to get on Google and find out what you'd seen :)

I've cancelled my preorder of Hasbro Stunticons based on this, and may have a few spare Hasbro Aerialbots in a week or two.

prjkt
22nd January 2015, 03:29 PM
Hmmm I'm not sure I need this. Quite happy with Alpha Bravo, and while Firefly is my favourite of the jets (so far) - I'm not sure I need to double up on the design... (But I do collect for characters, not moulds damnit)

Not really liking that yellow on Silverbolt, or really fussed with the new decos on the others... Could just be a print-scan colour variance but it seems a little garish for my tastes. I like how it appears they've painted each of his alt mode windows though.... (Again, just not the colour)

Initial_G
22nd January 2015, 03:36 PM
Cool, actually looks much nicer than the Hasbro version I think. I really hated how they had alpha bravo and a helicopter. Even though Slingshot looks to be a repaint of firefly, it's all good. Helicopter for a proper combiner wars Defensor would be nice though.

The hands and feet look better too ... of course can always get 3rd party ones which look nice as well. eg ones from Perfect Effects

Shirokaze
22nd January 2015, 03:45 PM
Interestingly it looks like they've renamed Fireflight -> Firebolt like the targetmaster.

Bidoofdude
22nd January 2015, 04:13 PM
The Hasbro versions look superior, glad I got them. I will be getting Takara's Slingshot, which looks absolutely perfect. Good on them.

Slingshot's a harrier in G1, which they used for Firefly/ight. It looks very G1.

I'm troubled over whether I should keep or sell Alpha Bravo now, if I get Slingshot (hopefully I'll get a preorder in). He's in the comic books, so that's something. On the other hand, I could always use savings from selling it to get something important.

EDIT: HOLD THE PHONE, someone's claimed to have found listings on TFW for Slingshot and Wildrider:

Went digging,
found this.

From TRU

Item: 316077
TRA DEN DLX WILDRIDER
Original Retail: $16.99

Item: 316069
TRA DEN DLX slingshot

Hasbro could be releasing them after all.

Sinnertwin
22nd January 2015, 04:19 PM
According to the TFW article, Takara's Slingshot will be packed in a gift set with the other 4, so buying him individually at this stage may not be a possibility, but we never know.

Defcon
22nd January 2015, 05:02 PM
EDIT: HOLD THE PHONE, someone's claimed to have found listings on TFW for Slingshot and Wildrider:

From TRU

They might be exclusives? or could be in wave 3. It seems logical they would release them, so they can make more money from the molds cause they will basically be repaints with new heads. People can keep the alpha bravo, and use it for a custom combiner down the line. Alpha bravo may belong to another team which had a falling out and went their separate ways......this I just made up! ;) but you never know.

doublespy
22nd January 2015, 05:17 PM
So it's been the plan all along to trick us into buying Alpha Bravo and Offroad....

llamatron
22nd January 2015, 06:15 PM
Any guesses on RRP for the TakaraTomy boxset? Might actually be cheaper to get that than buy all the Hasbro members individually. It'll certainly be easier ;).

Paulbot
22nd January 2015, 06:42 PM

Went digging,
found this.

From TRU

Item: 316077
TRA DEN DLX WILDRIDER

Item: 316069
TRA DEN DLX slingshot

I'm so confused. I'm sticking to the TakTom ones now that I've made that choice. So much back and forth. There's still the unannounced but possible Hasbro gift sets too. This is another reminder to me: don't buy early!

griffin
22nd January 2015, 06:47 PM
Hardly surprising.
Hasbro are releasing IDW toys, while Takara are releasing Gen1 toys.
Then, Hasbro may release the remaining Gen1 characters later, or as part of an exclusive set.

If you want the Gen1 homage, probably stick with TakaraTomy until it is confirmed that Hasbro are going to include all of them.

TAAUBlaster
22nd January 2015, 07:22 PM
Despite the news, I will be sticking with the Takara gift set (even though I just bought all wave 1 a few days ago >_< )
I don't want to risk missing out completey by putting my money on Hasbro - only to find out Slingshot and Wildrider are TRU exclusives or some crap.

prjkt
22nd January 2015, 09:18 PM
Hardly surprising.
Hasbro are releasing IDW toys, while Takara are releasing Gen1 toys.
Then, Hasbro may release the remaining Gen1 characters later, or as part of an exclusive set.

If you want the Gen1 homage, probably stick with TakaraTomy until it is confirmed that Hasbro are going to include all of them.

Funny how everyone thinks Hasbro's Superion is IDW, when Alpha Bravo's single frame cameo was there to explain in fiction why Hasbro created him to replace Slingshot. Not the other way around.

Paulbot
22nd January 2015, 09:23 PM
Funny how everyone thinks Hasbro's Superion is IDW, when Alpha Bravo's single frame cameo was there to explain in fiction why Hasbro created him to replace Slingshot. Not the other way around.

I was going to say the same thing. It's particularly forced if Hasbro was always going to release a Slingshot later.

prjkt
22nd January 2015, 09:37 PM
Basically the inclusion/body changes of Bee, Starscream, (fat) Tankor, Rattrap, Crosscut, Rhinox, Scoop, Minicon Combiner, Chromia, Windblade, Waspinator , and to a lesser extent, Jhiaxus and Nightbear, have been at Hasbro's direction.

Now, don't get me wrong. Some of them, Windblade especially, but also Scoop, Rattrap, Waspinator and Chromia have been worked into the storyline really well, but others like Rhinox and Crosscut are (so far) just throwaway cameos...

But that's not the topic here, I stray too far.

Looking forward to seeing how Takara handles Menasor, but as I said about their Superion, I'm not really sure I need to get both versions... Though if that TRU listing rumour is valid, I don't mind that particular option (as I won't need to buy a whole set just for one character...)

GoktimusPrime
22nd January 2015, 11:50 PM
Interestingly it looks like they've renamed Fireflight -> Firebolt like the targetmaster.
Fireflight was called Firebolt in Japan (just as Optimus Prime = Convoy etc). So it's not a rename, they're just using the original Japanese G1 name. In Japan, the Aerialbots are called Airbots, Slingshot is called Sling (yes, the BW dimetrodon was named after him), and Air Raid is called Air Rider.

DELTAprime
23rd January 2015, 12:55 PM
I wonder for those of us that are getting the TT version do we have to buy the Hasbro version of Alpha Bravo if we want that character or will TT release him by himself???

Golden Phoenix
23rd January 2015, 02:34 PM
The revelation about the Hasbro versions of the missing bots makes it interesting.

I'm probably gonna stick with the Hasbro one since the first wave is already in my POL at BBTS.

VGMStudios
23rd January 2015, 04:17 PM
Im so glad Takara got rid of that stupud chopper bot.
he has no place being part of Superion.

reillyd
23rd January 2015, 08:38 PM

Ditto!

DELTAprime
23rd January 2015, 09:53 PM
Stupid question here...

I've been avoiding looking to closely at information about the actual combining and transformation of the CW toys because I want to figure out how they combine for myself when I get them in hand. But anyway, I remember somewhere someone said that Powerglide combines to be part of Superion, and the Legends sized car bot becomes part of Menasor. So where is Powerglide in the Superion TT set?

Ode to a Grasshopper
23rd January 2015, 10:23 PM
Stupid question here...

I've been avoiding looking to closely at information about the actual combining and transformation of the CW toys because I want to figure out how they combine for myself when I get them in hand. But anyway, I remember somewhere someone said that Powerglide combines to be part of Superion, and the Legends sized car bot becomes part of Menasor. So where is Powerglide in the Superion TT set?He's not there.
He turns into a sort-of gun, which can 'combine' with Superion's gun to make a bigger gun. I imagine it sounds a bit more exciting if you're ten years old.

Ploughmans Lunch
23rd January 2015, 10:26 PM

Nope, he actually does. SOrry not sorry.

griffin
23rd January 2015, 10:27 PM
Stupid question here...

I've been avoiding looking to closely at information about the actual combining and transformation of the CW toys because I want to figure out how they combine for myself when I get them in hand. But anyway, I remember somewhere someone said that Powerglide combines to be part of Superion, and the Legends sized car bot becomes part of Menasor. So where is Powerglide in the Superion TT set?

Some of the Legends toys are being "partnered" to a Combiner team... some as chest-plates, some as shields, some as weapons. (and some with fan-made 3rd modes as well)
Powerglide has been "partnered" to the Aerialbots, like an honorary team-member, and was featured on its packaging as such, having the third mode of a gun...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/c389.jpg

Paulbot
23rd January 2015, 10:29 PM
I've been wondering what TakTom will do with Menasor. He might get a new chest piece rather than coming with Blackjack... But well have to wait and see.

Sinnertwin
23rd January 2015, 10:55 PM
I've been wondering what TakTom will do with Menasor. He might get a new chest piece rather than coming with Blackjack... But well have to wait and see.

probably the purple gloves and boots too, which now that i think about it, i regret ordering the Hasbro version

Other
23rd January 2015, 11:32 PM
Hasbro Dragstrip already comes with a purple foot/hand

Sinnertwin
23rd January 2015, 11:59 PM
Hasbro Dragstrip already comes with a purple foot/hand

heh, so it does. i was thinking that they just used the generic parts in black for some reason :confused: cool, regret levels fading :p.

VGMStudios
24th January 2015, 01:28 AM
Nope, he actually does. SOrry not sorry.

NO he doesn't!
If you think he does then you will have to explain why. :confused:

prjkt
24th January 2015, 03:36 AM
Some better photos of Takara's Superion are here

http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/shopdetail/000000002810/

Also up on preorder for US$125

Paulbot
24th January 2015, 09:43 AM
BBTS also has it for preorder for the same price, which to me is a good price for a Voyager and four deluxes

TAAUBlaster
24th January 2015, 09:58 AM
BBTS also has it for preorder for the same price, which to me is a good price for a Voyager and four deluxes

Don't forget that the Aussie Dollar has been sliding a fair bit recently. Even with a POL with BBTS, by the time Superion is released the dollar could have fallen even further (currently they are forecasting a market rate drop to AUD$1=USD$0.75 by mid year - which means puprchases will be charged at about USD$0.73) making it a fair bit more expensive than just ordering Superion by himself directly from HLJ or another Japanese retailer.

And now that HLJ has a Private Warehouse up to 60 days, it seems to be a lot cheaper (in my opinion) to go with them. Not to mention their shipping even via EMS is very cheap. MP Magnus, LEG Brainstorm, LEG Jetfire and MP Bumblebee only cost 5,500yen to ship.

Mr_K
24th January 2015, 10:03 AM
Pre-ordered at TFIDownUnder for $150AUD - cheaper then purchasing the Hasbro versions ;)

http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/transformers-takara-tomy-uw01-superion/

Paulbot
24th January 2015, 10:21 AM
Don't forget that the Aussie Dollar has been sliding a fair bit recently. Even with a POL with BBTS, by the time Superion is released the dollar could have fallen even further (currently they are forecasting a market rate drop to AUD$1=USD$0.75 by mid year - which means puprchases will be charged at about USD$0.73) making it a fair bit more expensive than just ordering Superion by himself directly from HLJ or another Japanese retailer.

And now that HLJ has a Private Warehouse up to 60 days, it seems to be a lot cheaper (in my opinion) to go with them. Not to mention their shipping even via EMS is very cheap. MP Magnus, LEG Brainstorm, LEG Jetfire and MP Bumblebee only cost 5,500yen to ship.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely hanging out for a HLJ preorder, I always use them for Japanese products, but it's still a cheaper starting price than I expected to see.

TAAUBlaster
24th January 2015, 10:36 AM
Oh yeah, I'm definitely hanging out for a HLJ preorder, I always use them for Japanese products, but it's still a cheaper starting price than I expected to see.

My bad man, I misinterpreted your post. Haha:p
Hoping HLJ puts these guys up for preorder soon!

Ploughmans Lunch
24th January 2015, 11:01 AM
NO he doesn't!
If you think he does then you will have to explain why. :confused:

IDW lol.

DELTAprime
24th January 2015, 07:04 PM

Ditto

Tfiguy
24th January 2015, 07:26 PM

Hlj listing price is 14,400yen from what they told me.

TAAUBlaster
13th February 2015, 01:01 PM
HLJ's pre-order is up

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT83168/Sci

11,200 yen :) (Which may be their "early bird" special pricing - although it doesn't say.)

DELTAprime
13th February 2015, 09:06 PM
Ordered! Not a bad price for a Voyager and 4 Deluxes compared to what the Hasbro version will cost locally. I'm still going to buy Alpha Bravo tho.

prjkt
14th February 2015, 03:15 PM
I'm slightly tempted bum the paint on on a couple of the limbs and the presence of Slingshor, but Silverbolt is a turnoff.

Alpha Bravo is definitely worth it