PDA

View Full Version : # Spoilers # Possible New Characters from Animated Season 3

Pulse
31st August 2008, 04:15 PM
# Spoilers #

TFW2005 Member S250 (who reportedly has insider sources who gave the fandom the same hints with Seasons 1-2 of Animated before they came out) has revealed some cryptic hints for Characters in TFA Season 3 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/animated-season-three-character-speculation-165691/)

# Spoilers #

I've put up the guess-estimates in white font after the "="

R*da***t, female medic = Red Alert
B***n, very G1, more bulk = Brawn
B****o**, looks like a big beetle = Black Out
C*******, big rabbit ears = Cyclonus
RP, skinny, head looks like Kup = Rodimus Prime
H*****t, armada head = Hot Shot
Sp***or, toad like thing = Spittor
St***a, very BM = Strika
B********er, big G1 head, cute = Beachcomber
the “Comic Character” in the show = Oil Slick
A****, a big different than previous show, more details I think = Arcee

People seem to think Rodimus Prime, Brawn, Beachcomber, Red Alert & Hot Shot may be another grouping like the Autobot Five on Earth?

All of this has really turned up my interest levels for Season 3! :)

autobreadticon
31st August 2008, 04:22 PM
i think one is beachcomber and brawn, both great personalities , esp. brawn

Gutsman Heavy
31st August 2008, 05:17 PM
A female Red Alert was in place of Ratchet originally.

Paulbot
31st August 2008, 07:41 PM
Sounds interesting.

SilverDragon
31st August 2008, 09:35 PM
That's a really interesting choice of characters. It's what I'd expect from Animated, anyway, since they seem to be into using characters from everywhere. I really like that, since they're not just using G1 as a source of characters.

Bartrim
31st August 2008, 09:51 PM
Wasn't Perceptor mentioned at Botcon?

Golden Phoenix
1st September 2008, 12:47 AM
This would explain that Animated Hot Shot sketch seen a while back

Edit: Found picture (http://tformers.net/i/a/animated/hotshot.gif)

i_amtrunks
1st September 2008, 10:22 AM
Some of those names and descriptions would seem to confirm the rumour about Predacons appearing at a later date.

Nice mix of names taken from all over the fiction base.

Bartrim
3rd September 2008, 08:22 AM
Found this brief description of the first episode of season 3.

http://www.transformersanimated.com/news/7621/Transformers+Animated+Season+3+spoilers

Pulse
3rd September 2008, 10:20 AM
If that spoiler is to be believed, how can G/R exist at the same time as O/M? (Maybe were supposed to ignore our G1 childhood... probably)

Maybe it's a flashback or fast-forward scene...

Bartrim
3rd September 2008, 10:31 AM
(Maybe were supposed to ignore our G1 childhood... probably)

I believe that is the case Pulse. In this story they are completely different characters... Maybe....Ah who knows I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: Just realised that the Prime title doesn't mean they are the leader in this continuity. Look at Sentinel, Longarm and Optimus all of whom bare that name but none are actual leaders of the autobots. Maybe each sub commander has that title. Optimus leading his space bridge crew, Longarm in charge of intel. Maybe RP is in charge of a team of his own?

More food for thought.

MV75
3rd September 2008, 10:42 AM
If that spoiler is to be believed, how can G/R exist at the same time as O/M? (Maybe were supposed to ignore our G1 childhood... probably)

I dunno about meg/galv, but rodimus/prime existed at the same time. They were different bots afterall and not the same one.

You also have to remember that this is not G1, nor is it beastwars. Sure it borrows heavily from them, but the whole structure so far is very different, so they can make anyone a seperate entity. ;)

Pulse
3rd September 2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks Guys :)

All these spoilers confirm one main thing - There is going to be a S3! Yay! :D

Sky Shadow
3rd September 2008, 11:32 AM
This would explain that Animated Hot Shot sketch seen a while back

Edit: Found picture (http://tformers.net/i/a/animated/hotshot.gif)

Um... wasn't that an April Fool's joke? A bad, amateurish attempt at a Derrick Wyatt-style Transformer? And the final letters in the colour schemes on the alleged Hot Shot, Blurr and Six Shot spell out APFFAPRFLFOOLA.

It wouldn't be the first continuity to have those characters around at the same time.

(I just watched 'Garbage In, Garbage Out' for the first time. I guffawed out loud. A lot. Wreck Gar, Ratchet, Spike and Carlee. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much watching a "kids'" cartoon.

i_amtrunks
3rd September 2008, 11:55 AM
Spoilers!:

Apparently old Galvatron is meant to be Cyclonus, so I guess that Rodimus Prime (since they cant use Hot Rod) may very well be coming up against a team of Predacons. This ties into both rumours of Episode 30, as well as a special multiple episode story written by Forward and Di Tillio (Beast Wars writers).

And Prime is a rank in the Animated series, for someone who has finished (although it seems that they did not have to actually graduate) from the Autobot Military Academy with honours.

Don't know if the overall Autobot commander gets a prefix of "Ultra", or given the title "Magnus", or are called by their own name or what, its one of the things I'd like to know.