PDA

View Full Version : Animated U.Magnus and Megtron repaint

G1Optimal
31st August 2008, 07:41 PM
Although i am not that interested in the animated line..... i thought others might be.

Link (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/etoys-catalog-reveals-animated-ultra-magnus-and-megatron-repaints-165695/)
source:TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com)

kup
31st August 2008, 07:46 PM
Galvatron looks decent, the colors are interesting.

Ultrabuster does not. The Roadbuster colors on him are as pointless as all hell and follows the same bad move as Bumbleratchet. If I were in charge of Transformers at Hasbro I would be feeling shame at having these random crap be made, there are dozens of better ways that this mold could have been repainted. Having said that, the color scheme may be pointless but its not as fugly as others.

We have false advertisement again with 25th Anniversary Prime.

Paulbot
31st August 2008, 07:46 PM
I'm torn between like of the colour schemes vs annoyance of $100 repaints.

It's odd that we have two Roadbuster homages given that Roadbuster is one of the more obscure 85 figures since he was never in the cartoon or (US) comic. I do like those colours on a big combat 'bot like Ultra Magnus.

loophole
31st August 2008, 08:42 PM
they look pretty good surprisngly still not gonna bother with them

amon
31st August 2008, 09:09 PM
My money says I'll pass both of them

looks like that magnus uses the color theme of Movie Jungle Bonecrusher, like bird shit.

Pulse
31st August 2008, 09:28 PM
Well, they were bound to repaint the Leader Class figures atleast once & although not awful, they aren't that crash hot either... :rolleyes:

They could have picked worse G1 homages but atleast their repaints have some G1 merit (well, not really that Shadow Blade Megs :confused:)

Your repaint ideas are getting better Hasbro, keep working at it & you'll nail it one day... :)

Lord_Zed
31st August 2008, 09:52 PM
I kinda like the magnus Roadbuster paint job, seeing as how he's pretty millitary and with a big wrecking hammer I can see hims as "Animated" Roadbuster. Ofcourse as I'm not collecting Animated I wont get him anyways but I reckon it could have been worse, Rodimus Magnus perhaps?

griffin
31st August 2008, 11:40 PM
I like the colours for Roadbuster Magnus, but not sure either why Hasbro *US* is giving so much attention lately to the character Roadbuster. Many of us in Australia grew up with the UK comics, which featured Roadbuster in a few issues as part of the Wreckers, but the Americans would have no idea who it is, so why even bother with the homage. It'd be like Hasbro Australia releasing a limited edition GIJoe Fred 7 Homage toy, and toy collectors here going, 'who the f... hell is that'?

STL
1st September 2008, 12:00 AM
Roadbuster is that you?

Soundwarp
1st September 2008, 06:35 AM
Galvatron in Skywarp colours...... No thanks.

But the Roadbuster colours are working for me.

MV75
1st September 2008, 08:12 AM
Magnus looks great. More "military". But the roadbuster name, no. I'd really enjoy a proper encore release of roadbuster. :) The universe one is half way there though.

Megatron looks like a form of cyclonus. ;)

i_amtrunks
1st September 2008, 10:06 AM
I'd buy a Roadbuster repaint of Magnus in a smaller toy size (Activator, deluxe etc), but there is no way in hell that I would either buy it in Leader Class, or buy it instead of Magnus.

I figured that a Megatron repaint would be called Galvatron, ala Armada and Energon, but I guess not. I like the colour scheme (Skywarp bias!) but again I wouldnt choose it over the normal version, nor buy it as well as the original.

sifun
1st September 2008, 10:10 AM
megatron looks like shockwave in colour scheme, more than skywarp.
looks okay so far.

Ultra-buster looks down right wrong in my opinion. Worst choice of colour scheme... but then again theres yellow ratchet, thats just as disgusting.
I hate yellow transformers (except for BT Tracks and maybe a few others.)

Golden Phoenix
1st September 2008, 12:09 PM
I'm curious to see if they will do a Bulkhead repaint

Lord_Zed
1st September 2008, 12:58 PM
I like the colours for Roadbuster Magnus, but not sure either why Hasbro *US* is giving so much attention lately to the character Roadbuster. Many of us in Australia grew up with the UK comics, which featured Roadbuster in a few issues as part of the Wreckers, but the Americans would have no idea who it is, so why even bother with the homage. It'd be like Hasbro Australia releasing a limited edition GIJoe Fred 7 Homage toy, and toy collectors here going, 'who the f... hell is that'?

That's not quite right as the comics featuring Fred 7 was as common as TF comics out here, so most fans of GI Joe would know Fred 7. And they did release a Fred7 hommage figure online to, as part of a three pack.

But I do see your point, but isn't hasbro diversifying its repaint hommages a bit now with micromasters and other lesser known TF's and even Gobots.

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2008, 01:04 PM
The Roadbuster Magnus repaint looks nice, but I agree that I wouldn't buy a repaint of such an expensive toy nor would I buy it in place of Ultra Magnus... so that's a big pass for me.

I personally would prefer seeing repaints of Leader Ultra Magnus and Megatron as Diaclone* Magnus and Megaplex... and they'd be extra cool if they were some kind of store exclusive (because I don't think the demand would justify releasing them everywhere).

Anyone feel like doing some digibashing? ;)

Pulse
1st September 2008, 01:40 PM
I personally would prefer seeing repaints of Leader Ultra Magnus and Megatron as Diaclone* Magnus and Megaplex... and they'd be extra cool if they were some kind of store exclusive (because I don't think the demand would justify releasing them everywhere).

Will E-Hobby even be doing any repaints of Animated Figures?

The question is - would an E-Hobby repaint of an Animated Figure even sell?

kup
1st September 2008, 04:09 PM
Will E-Hobby even be doing any repaints of Animated Figures?

The question is - would an E-Hobby repaint of an Animated Figure even sell?

The question is would Animated figures even sell in Japan? I am unsure if the Japanese would like its style.

So far it seems like a Hasbro only line as there appears to be no plans in releasing it in Japan as far as I know but if they do, I am looking forward to the crazy intro song.

"Love is here!" :D

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2008, 06:48 PM
OY!! Don't knock the Beast Wars Neo opening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPYLT9qzVFs&NR=1)!!!

Animated hasn't been released in Japan. Whether TakaraTOMY will release their own version of Animated or not remains to be seen but atm it's a Hasbro-exclusive line.

kurdt_the_goat
1st September 2008, 06:52 PM
In one store i visited in Japan, i saw Animated (and Universe wave 1), but they were of course imported (and quite pricey!)

SilverDragon
1st September 2008, 07:09 PM
I'm curious to see if they will do a Bulkhead repaint

They are repainting the Bumper Battler version as Workzone Bulkhead. What it will look like, I do not know.

Pipesqueak
1st September 2008, 07:39 PM
Hasbro really have to make more effort with their g1 homages. If Roadbuster Magnus had a g1 Roadbuster-style head, I might be tempted. But as is, no way, because it's not Roadbuster, it's just Magnus in RB colours.

griffin
1st September 2008, 11:06 PM
That's not quite right as the comics featuring Fred 7 was as common as TF comics out here, so most fans of GI Joe would know Fred 7. And they did release a Fred7 hommage figure online to, as part of a three pack.

Hmm, I didn't know that they actually did do a homage figure already. Ah well, my bad. The comics may have been here, but I just wanted to mention someone off the top of my head that wasn't in GIJoe for very long (and was playing someone else for most of that time at that). And was hoping someone here would either ask who that was, or that they recognised who I was talking about. At least I got one... :)