PDA

View Full Version : White Ultra Prime promo image found - Ultra Magnus?

prjkt
18th January 2015, 10:50 AM
Just found the below link

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-combiner-wars-leaked-image-white-ultra-prime-redeco-and-more/32014/

It seems Ultra Magnus might just be a redeco of CW Optimus, but with the leader classification might actually come with a trailer - the mould certainly seems to support it - peg hole shows up when the legs are closed together...

And, Legends Blackjack into Hot Rod/Rodimus? :eek:

Bidoofdude
18th January 2015, 11:17 AM
If it does turn out to be a white Optimus, a trailer would be alright. The armoured up version would have to look good though.

Deonasis
18th January 2015, 11:26 AM
That repaint image sure is interesting.. I have heard rumours of a select few people seeing a very faithful stand alone leader Ultra Magnus that was NOT an Optimus Prime repaint. This suggests otherwise but even if these combiner limbs did form a trailer a white helmet is not very Ultra Magnus-y.

prjkt
18th January 2015, 12:02 PM
I'm hoping for a standalone Magnus, but if we do get him, who is this guy?

Ploughmans Lunch
18th January 2015, 07:40 PM
It might just be the obligatory white OP repaint to UM that we've not actually had for quite some time, but is still one of two new Ultra Magnus toys we'll be getting. I hope!

Zommael
18th January 2015, 07:57 PM
I'm hoping for a standalone Magnus, but if we do get him, who is this guy?

Nova Prime, perhaps?

CBratron
18th January 2015, 08:00 PM
Would be interesting to see if the trailer partsformed into combiner arms and legs. Probably not but would be a neat twist to Ultra Magnus' armour.

And what's up with CW Megatron and CW Bumblebee?

prjkt
18th January 2015, 09:23 PM
That's the leader Megatron artwork, and the TF Legends artwork for classics/RTS Bee, so we might be getting a new Bumblebee figure... Again. I wonder if he'll be part of the combining figures, or just an associated legends figure

Bidoofdude
18th January 2015, 10:10 PM
I have a feeling he's either Thunderclash or a resurrected Nova Prime.

Zommael
18th January 2015, 10:41 PM
I have a feeling he's either Thunderclash or a resurrected Nova Prime.

Colours are wrong for Thunder Clash though. :(

Bidoofdude
18th January 2015, 10:54 PM
Colours are wrong for Thunder Clash though. :(

I wouldn't say that. That's only the combined head. TC's torso is white, so it could still be him.

Zommael
18th January 2015, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't say that. That's only the combined head. TC's torso is white, so it could still be him.

I was looking at the combined head. You're right that it could be different, but TC should be blue and gold (and have no mouthplate).

Jinto
18th January 2015, 11:09 PM
That's the leader Megatron artwork, and the TF Legends artwork for classics/RTS Bee, so we might be getting a new Bumblebee figure... Again. I wonder if he'll be part of the combining figures, or just an associated legends figure

I wonder if this means (IDW spoiler) Bee will be coming back from the dead in the IDW-verse?

CoRDS
18th January 2015, 11:12 PM
Bee is a combiner part. Like a ball bearing or a small helmet for a combiner ;)

MayzaPrime
18th January 2015, 11:43 PM
If the rumour turns out to be true, I will be disappointed... I thought Hasbro had finally moved past Ultra Magnus being nothing more than a white Optimus.

Ploughmans Lunch
19th January 2015, 01:11 AM
Maybe Bee is just a promo image and nothing more tho

prjkt
19th January 2015, 01:14 AM
Thunderclash makes sense. There have been calls to make his team anew...

Sadly Nova Prime does not, based on the club figure coming later this year

prjkt
19th January 2015, 12:21 PM
Almost convinced it's Thunderclash, and the Turbomasters. That car on his chest could be Scorch
EDIT: and if he came with a trailer that converted into a battlestation....

CBratron
19th January 2015, 03:22 PM
If the rumour turns out to be true, I will be disappointed... I thought Hasbro had finally moved past Ultra Magnus being nothing more than a white Optimus.

For a while he was nothing more than a blue Optimus.

Zommael
19th January 2015, 03:26 PM
Thunderclash makes sense. There have been calls to make his team anew...

Sadly Nova Prime does not, based on the club figure coming later this year

While Nova Prime doesn't appear to make as much sense as, for instance, Thunder Clash and the Turbomasters, the colour scheme on the head sculpt only works for Ultra Magnus or Nova. I know that this is the combined mode head, but were it TC, I would expect it to be based on TC's head, and not a colour scheme that more closely resembles and is strongly associated with two completely different characters.

That said, the combined head is reasonably similar in appearance to Turbomaster Hyperdrive's, so it could be intended as an homage to that unproduced toy. If so, then the colour scheme is still dubious, but since we have never actually seen a full-colour image of Hyperdrive, it is a possibility.

I believe it is probably Ultra Magnus, but despite the TCC toy, I am holding out some hope that it is Nova. Based on the colours, I think Thunder Clash is unlikely.

CoRDS
19th January 2015, 04:02 PM
Maybe Bee is just a promo image and nothing more tho

probably but this is where the fun lies.

SuspectimusPrime
20th January 2015, 02:14 PM
While Nova Prime doesn't appear to make as much sense as, for instance, Thunder Clash and the Turbomasters, the colour scheme on the head sculpt only works for Ultra Magnus or Nova. I know that this is the combined mode head, but were it TC, I would expect it to be based on TC's head, and not a colour scheme that more closely resembles and is strongly associated with two completely different characters.

That said, the combined head is reasonably similar in appearance to Turbomaster Hyperdrive's, so it could be intended as an homage to that unproduced toy. If so, then the colour scheme is still dubious, but since we have never actually seen a full-colour image of Hyperdrive, it is a possibility.

I believe it is probably Ultra Magnus, but despite the TCC toy, I am holding out some hope that it is Nova. Based on the colours, I think Thunder Clash is unlikely.

Thunder Clash with a new head-sculpt and the Turbomasters combining to form Hyperdrive would be pretty cool.

Paulbot
20th January 2015, 02:29 PM
In parallel, you could have Silverbolt repainted as Skyquake combining with the Aerialbots repainted as the Predators. Stalker can be the chest plate.

Zommael
20th January 2015, 05:05 PM
Thunder Clash with a new head-sculpt and the Turbomasters combining to form Hyperdrive would be pretty cool.

In parallel, you could have Silverbolt repainted as Skyquake combining with the Aerialbots repainted as the Predators. Stalker can be the chest plate.

I suspect both of these ideas are in the "too awesome to exist category". Although Hasbro and IDW have both acknowledged that TC exists lately for the first time in years, so anything's possible.

Bidoofdude
20th January 2015, 07:37 PM

Motormaster/Optimus Prime as Thunderclash
Alpha Bravo as Rotorstorm
Offroad as Scorch
Breakdown as Flash
Blackjack as Boss
Dead End as Hurricane