PDA

View Full Version : MP-10 Tyre Cracking?

Chevron Action Flash
19th January 2015, 12:19 PM
G'day. I recently managed to get the Hasbro re-release of MP-10 with Vector Sigma. Pretty much perfect. Real happy with it.

I was watching Optibotimus' review of MP-22 Ultra Magnus, and in that he mentions that he hates rubber tyres as they split and crack over time. This has happened to his MP-10 and he showed it

Now My MP-1, MP-2 and new MP-10 all have perfect rubber tyres. As do my G1 Prime, Magnus and cars. So I have not experienced any tyre deterioration over time. Am I just lucky? Or is this something that has affected Australian collectors? I'd like to think that my new MP-10 has a decent shelf life of at least a few decades!

I'm thinking maybe Optibotimus' MP-10 has just been subjected to dramatic room temperature fluctuations, hence the tyre damage.

Would love some insight and possible preventive measures.

cheers

drifand
19th January 2015, 05:16 PM
It would be very bad in conditions such as countries of Malaysia and Singapore.

Over here you do just have to look at them once a wile and have the tyres treated.

Chevron Action Flash
19th January 2015, 05:21 PM
It would be very bad in conditions such as countries of Malaysia and Singapore.

Over here you do just have to look at them once a wile and have the tyres treated.

Whats the best thing to treat them with? Armor-All?

drifand
19th January 2015, 05:30 PM
Whats the best thing to treat them with? Armor-All?

I will actually let the others comment at this point, I havent actually gotten around treating mine as they are still good.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2015, 06:17 PM
I've only had tyres completely split on my G1 Cliffjumper (which I replaced w/ tyres from a reissue), and Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime and X-Brawn. The RiD toys were notorious for using inferior quality rubber; if anyone is thinking about back-collecting RiD toys, I strongly recommend getting the Japanese Car Robot versions instead. The only downside is that Car Robot Super Fire Convoy's chrome is more prone to chipping than RiD Optimus Prime's.

CBratron
19th January 2015, 06:20 PM
...if anyone is thinking about back-collecting RiD toys, I strongly recommend getting the Japanese Car Robot versions instead. The only downside is that Car Robot Super Fire Convoy's chrome is more prone to chipping than RiD Optimus Prime's.

Could get both versions to mix and match for the best of both worlds.

leej84
20th January 2015, 08:19 AM
There's a video by rocketpuncharmy on YouTube on how to treat your rubber tyres. I recommend watching it.

leej84
20th January 2015, 08:22 AM
Protect your toy rubber on Transformers, chogokin…: http://youtu.be/BRsMAfHrd-w

Chevron Action Flash
20th January 2015, 12:29 PM
Protect your toy rubber on Transformers, chogokin…: http://youtu.be/BRsMAfHrd-w

great link. Perfect. cheers

Chevron Action Flash
20th January 2015, 12:44 PM
and these guys stock it

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au

Chevron Action Flash
3rd February 2015, 02:44 PM
So I managed to get a hold of the product shown in the linked video from the car care shop in Melbourne.

So far I've done MP-1, MP-2, the trailer of MP-10 and my M.A.S.K. Rhino. None of them had cracked tyres so its more of a preventative measure. However, the tyres look awesome after treatment. A real deep black with a semi wet look (but not wet to touch).

I'm thinking I may do this once a year or so. Certainly the MP-1, 2 and MASK Rhino were all showing signs of oxidisation with a dulling of the rubber. I would recommend doing it!

The product cost me about $12.