PDA

View Full Version : Possible Slingshot & Wildrider Combiner Wars Toys

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2015, 08:54 AM
Looks like we might be getting Slingshot and Wildrider after all :):

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-toys-r-us-listings-for-combiner-wars-slingshot-and-wildrider/32035/

Great news if it turns out to be true. They must be going to be Wave 3 or something so as to get more use out of the toyline.

Edit: Possible Spoiler
Wonder if IDW are kicking themselves for killing Slingshot off so as to keep in line with what they thought were the new toys. They must have thought they were being very proactive

Edit: Sorry, I hadn't seen another version of this story had been mentioned in the Japanese Combiner Wars toys thread :o

Gofigure
23rd January 2015, 08:55 AM
All is right in the world! woohoo

Complete G! Superion for xmas!!!!!

Lint
23rd January 2015, 09:33 AM
Fantastic news!

All is right in the world! woohoo

Complete G! Superion for xmas!!!!!

"G!" should definitely be used to express overwhelming excitement about G1 :D

Gofigure
23rd January 2015, 10:26 AM
Fantastic news!

"G!" should definitely be used to express overwhelming excitement about G1 :D

Haha didnt see the mistake. Should we make that a thing now? :P

Gofigure
23rd January 2015, 10:30 AM
Had no idea they killed the annoying/smartarse/brave little guy in the comics

Looks like we might be getting Slingshot

and Wildrider after all :):

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-toys-r-us-listings-for-combiner-wars-slingshot-and-wildrider/32035/

Great news if it turns out to be true. They must be going to be Wave 3 or something so as to get more use out of the toyline.

Wonder if IDW are kicking themselves for killing Slingshot off so as to keep in line with what they thought were the new toys. They must have thought they were being very proactive

Edit: Sorry, I hadn't seen another version of this story had been mentioned in the Japanese Combiner Wars toys thread :o

Sutton
23rd January 2015, 11:34 AM
I was perfectly fine with Alpha Bravo (I liked the diversity of the Helicopter) but am also stoked to have Slingshot coming, who was the only G1 Aerialbot I had. And if IDW turns Alpha Bravo into a likeable character in his own right, then it's just win/win/win as far as I'm concerned.

The black feet/hands of the Hasbro release don't bother me at all either...

G1Optimal
23rd January 2015, 12:13 PM
Looks like we might be getting Slingshot and Wildrider after all :):

Crosses fingers that it is not a toys r us (us) exclusive

Golden Phoenix
23rd January 2015, 12:45 PM
If Defensor or any other combiner is to also have a replacement limb like what Alpha Bravo, maybe they will release the missing one too.

Then you could make a rejected combiner. Combine to form Rejector!

Sutton
23rd January 2015, 01:07 PM
If Defensor or any other combiner is to also have a replacement limb like what Alpha Bravo, maybe they will release the missing one too.

Groove has been relegated to a supporting 'legends' sized member, with a guy named 'Rook' taking his place (a tactical police support vehicle IIRC). So I'm not holding out hope that we'll get a proper sized Groove figure as well.

Slingshot and Wildrider are easy wins since Hasbro can just do them as repaints of existing members, but no other team has an oversized bike (not counting the technobots).

Sharky
23rd January 2015, 01:41 PM

have "dispensor" as the main body.

prepare to dispense rejection.....

Golden Phoenix
23rd January 2015, 02:10 PM

I don't know if I should high five you for that, or slap you for it.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2015, 03:32 PM

Sorry if I did a spoiler there - it happened a fair while back - died of shock when Devestator ripped Superion in two

Crosses fingers that it is not a toys r us (us) exclusive

That would suck!

if IDW turns Alpha Bravo into a likeable character in his own right, then it's just win/win/win as far as I'm concerned.

Good point :)

Groove has been relegated to a supporting 'legends' sized member, with a guy named 'Rook' taking his place (a tactical police support vehicle IIRC). So I'm not holding out hope that we'll get a proper sized Groove figure as well.

Slingshot and Wildrider are easy wins since Hasbro can just do them as repaints of existing members, but no other team has an oversized bike (not counting the technobots).

I was surprised that there was no Wildrider considering Tak/Tom used the name only recently for an Arms Micron toy. Now we know why. I hope Groove turns into a gun or a belt or jaunty hat or something for Defensor.

Like every girl I asked out in Year 11 :p

I don't know if I should high five you for that, or slap you for it.

Both ;)

Paulbot
23rd January 2015, 04:02 PM

Well to be honest he wasn't actually a annoying/smartarse/brave guy in the IDW comics. I don't know if he ever said one word.

Although this reminds me, as I'd completely forgotten, that the RID comics already introduced an "extra" Aerialbot to the team as cannon fodder, so Alpha Bravo is actually the seventh member in the IDW universe. :rolleyes:

Trent
23rd January 2015, 04:37 PM
Sorry if I did a spoiler there - it happened a fair while back - died of shock when Devestator ripped Superion in two

So you apologize by going and revealing that.

Bravo Trev :p

Golden Phoenix
23rd January 2015, 04:51 PM

Was this confirmed? I remember that Wheeljack had said he seemed beyond repair, but wasn't sure if they had said he was actually dead.

griffin
23rd January 2015, 04:59 PM
Did someone say spoilers...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/no.jpg

:p

prjkt
23rd January 2015, 05:58 PM
Was this confirmed? I remember that Wheeljack had said he seemed beyond repair, but wasn't sure if they had said he was actually dead.

Something along the lines of "thats his spark casing there. He's gone."

Bidoofdude
23rd January 2015, 06:25 PM

Isn't the issue pretty old now? I remember seeing a dead (or heavily injured) Superion and Omega Supreme in Second Exodus, unless we're talking about another death.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2015, 06:54 PM
Isn't the issue pretty old now? I remember seeing a dead (or heavily injured) Superion and Omega Supreme in Second Exodus, unless we're talking about another death.

See, that what I had figured

So you apologize by going and revealing that.

Bravo Trev :p

Well what's the bloody time rule/limit here? When is the swap over point between 'spoiler' and 'old news'? I'm usually at least a few months behind everyone else comics wise so I figure if I know it it must be old news. It's not like that thread talking about the Blank/blank love affair that got put up while that issue was still on the stands. I didn't know anything about it and had to find out that way but I just bit the bullet

xlojnr
23rd January 2015, 07:00 PM
It's not like that thread talking about the Rewind/Chromedome love affair that got put up while that issue was still on the stands.

ARRRRGHHHHHHHHH please make it stop!!!!!..............

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2015, 07:04 PM
ARRRRGHHHHHHHHH please make it stop!!!!!..............

Right! That was over a fricken year ago and there was a damn thread about it. I am not copping it for that !

Here's another spoiler - Optimus dies in the 86 movie :eek: and Transformers turn into vehicles, weaponry and machinery to be in disguise :eek::eek::eek:

Bidoofdude
23rd January 2015, 07:22 PM
See, that what I had figured

Well what's the bloody time rule/limit here? When is the swap over point between 'spoiler' and 'old news'? I'm usually at least a few months behind everyone else comics wise so I figure if I know it it must be old news. It's not like that thread talking about the Blank/blank love affair that got put up while that issue was still on the stands. I didn't know anything about it and had to find out that way but I just bit the bullet

It's over a year old.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2015, 07:28 PM
It's over a year old.

Right. Excellent. Thank you :)

Now all I have to do is remember over all the various TF comic series, cartoons and movies which events are at least 12 months old and which aren't - too easy :p

griffin
23rd January 2015, 08:33 PM
Mine obviously wasn't serious... hence the :p at the end.

Anything older than a year "shouldn't" need spoiler protection... if you are that far behind with comics or cartoons, it shouldn't be everyone else's problem.

(Should it be necessary to note that sort of rough cut-off in the Userguide for all plot elements that are in a related-but-different topic, or should it be left to people to give a reasonable assessment of what might be a spoiler based on the circumstances?)

BigTransformerTrev
23rd January 2015, 10:13 PM
Mine obviously wasn't serious... hence the :p at the end.

Anything older than a year "shouldn't" need spoiler protection... if you are that far behind with comics or cartoons, it shouldn't be everyone else's problem.

(Should it be necessary to note that sort of rough cut-off in the Userguide for all plot elements that are in a related-but-different topic, or should it be left to people to give a reasonable assessment of what might be a spoiler based on the circumstances?)

Yeah, I know you and Trent were havin a laugh ;) but I was genuinely serious about wondering about the statute of limitations on plot points.

I dunno, this is prob for me personally maybe only the 3rd or 4th time I've unintentionally given away a spoiler (and prob the least significant plot point) on this site and sometimes I've though it would be good to have a rough guide of what constitutes a spoiler. But the problem is it is so subjective. I mean it's less than a year since AoE was in the cinema but I don't think you could consider it a spoiler that Grimlock is in it. Been much longer than that for some comic plots yet there are many that don't know'em. I think people just have to judge for themselves and if ever unsure use the 'spoilers' tag beforehand

Tober
24th January 2015, 01:46 AM
I think people just have to judge for themselves and if ever unsure use the 'spoilers' tag beforehand

Be even better if we had a Spoiler tag...

Media/YouTube too :P

I collect the IDW Collection hardcovers which are about a year behind currently, so the spoiler was somewhat annoying. I blame IDW though. :mad:

Gofigure
24th January 2015, 12:08 PM
Didn't mind the said spoiler just didn't know. I'm still on issue # 2 of both rid and mtmte so I'm waaaaaayyyyyy behind :)

Chill out peeps its all good in the hood!

BigTransformerTrev
24th January 2015, 12:12 PM
Didn't mind the said spoiler just didn't know. I'm still on issue # 2 of both rid and mtmte so I'm waaaaaayyyyyy behind :)

Chill out peeps its all good in the hood!

It more just prompted the whole discussion rather than anyone thinking you were outraged ;)

Gofigure
24th January 2015, 12:23 PM
Cool. Yeah I didn't think my response was too hostile at all. It's was more of an 'oh no they didn't!' :D

Funny how one little comment can lead to this level of discussion

Never ever do it again Trev!!!!!!!!!!

BigTransformerTrev
24th January 2015, 12:32 PM
Cool. Yeah I didn't think my response was too hostile at all. It's was more of an 'oh no they didn't!' :D

Funny how one little comment can lead to this level of discussion

Never ever do it again Trev!!!!!!!!!!

Heh - you would have thought I would have learned from last year when I had blocked all my coworkers on FB and thought it safe to make one little comment that I took down after half a day anyway. Still made it to work, got shared about and ended up with me being yelled at by the Principal :rolleyes:

Mythirax
24th January 2015, 01:27 PM

I'm highly amused :D

GoktimusPrime
24th January 2015, 02:15 PM
Close up image of Slingshot showing the new head.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10933917_569541149815155_6015366100889564488_n.jpg ?oh=095e48e9d0f9c62ca440b0da70a90c98&oe=552C63E4&__gda__=1429085276_fbce5d7381709b366ffa29f28b2e9c3 9

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/shutuptakemoney.jpg

griffin
24th January 2015, 04:59 PM
Considering that Firefly/Fireflight is using a harrier-type jet mode, I don't think it was any surprise that a redeco as Slingshot was going to show up in one market... or both eventually.

By releasing Firefly/Fireflight first, people are too excited with the new mould to notice... but if Slingshot was released first or at the same time as Firefly, people would complain that it is the wrong sort of jet mode and that Hasbro/TT are just being cheap for doing it.

Gofigure
24th January 2015, 06:50 PM
Considering that Firefly/Fireflight is using a harrier-type jet mode, I don't think it was any surprise that a redeco as Slingshot was going to show up in one market... or both eventually.

By releasing Firefly/Fireflight first, people are too excited with the new mould to notice... but if Slingshot was released first or at the same time as Firefly, people would complain that it is the wrong sort of jet mode and that Hasbro/TT are just being cheap for doing it.

It's actually quite clever politics. I know I am relieved to be getting any kind of slingshot for combiner mode

prjkt
24th January 2015, 08:07 PM
I have a feeling Slingshot is a knee jerk reaction to fan feedback.
With IDW seemingly being instructed to kill off Slingshot, no mention of him (or Wildrider) in most of the 2015 rumours/listings until now.

I may be wrong though, just a feeling I have...

Zommael
24th January 2015, 08:09 PM
With IDW seemingly being instructed to kill off Slingshot, no mention of him (or Wildrider) in most of the 2015 rumours/listings until now.

I very much doubt it, because most of the fan feedback outside of the hardcore Geewunners has been "Yeah, Alpha Bravo's not a character I know and he doesn't quite fit in with the Aerialbots, but on the other hand, he's a great toy!"

I'm still waiting to see what other toys are announced for Combiner Wars for now, but Alpha Bravo is a pretty likely purchase for me. Slingshot on the other hand... eh.

griffin
24th January 2015, 08:13 PM

Nah, if they were not originally planning to always have Slingshot released somewhere by Hasbro, they would have designed Firefly/Fireflight to look like the Gen1 (F4 Phantom) toy instead of as a Harrier-styled jet.

If it was a late kneejerk reaction to release Slingshot, Firefly would have looked like a F4 Phantom and Slingshot would have just been a white F4 Phantom redeco of Firefly.

The puzzling thing is why go to the trouble of creating this Alpha Bravo character/toy to replace Slingshot in this set of Aerialbot toys (and be coloured to homage Slingshot).
Was it just done simply to reuse the mould (which should be done as Blades)... and if so, that's kinda weak, and spoils the feel of this whole release of Combiners as a concept to homage the original Combiners.

Trent
24th January 2015, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I know you and Trent were havin a laugh ;) but I was genuinely serious about wondering about the statute of limitations on plot points.

I dunno, this is prob for me personally maybe only the 3rd or 4th time I've unintentionally given away a spoiler (and prob the least significant plot point) on this site and sometimes I've though it would be good to have a rough guide of what constitutes a spoiler. But the problem is it is so subjective. I mean it's less than a year since AoE was in the cinema but I don't think you could consider it a spoiler that Grimlock is in it. Been much longer than that for some comic plots yet there are many that don't know'em. I think people just have to judge for themselves and if ever unsure use the 'spoilers' tag beforehand

Careful what you say Trev, I still haven't seen AOE yet. I'd hate for you to... Spoil it for me ;)

Gofigure
24th January 2015, 09:29 PM
Careful what you say Trev, I still haven't seen AOE yet. I'd hate for you to... Spoil it for me ;)

Start spoiler - it's pretty terrible - End spoiler

xlojnr
25th January 2015, 12:56 AM

just for the record I was joking too; thus the overuse of !'s and .'s

prjkt
25th January 2015, 02:37 AM
Nah, if they were not originally planning to always have Slingshot released somewhere by Hasbro, they would have designed Firefly/Fireflight to look like the Gen1 (F4 Phantom) toy instead of as a Harrier-styled jet.

If it was a late kneejerk reaction to release Slingshot, Firefly would have looked like a F4 Phantom and Slingshot would have just been a white F4 Phantom redeco of Firefly.

The puzzling thing is why go to the trouble of creating this Alpha Bravo character/toy to replace Slingshot in this set of Aerialbot toys (and be coloured to homage Slingshot).
Was it just done simply to reuse the mould (which should be done as Blades)... and if so, that's kinda weak, and spoils the feel of this whole release of Combiners as a concept to homage the original Combiners.
I see what you're saying there, there's another couple of scenarios that might have come into play here;

1 - Mould budget - I remember reading about the earlier ROTF combiners, where there'd be two pairs of the same limb design due to budget restraints - I wonder if that's what happened here (though over a longer planned period) - They had to pick one mould for both Fireflight and Slingshot, and threw in a Vortex/Blades repaint so the first couple of waves were all different designs.

2 - Copyright issues. Iirc, the FOC Air Raid was originally supposed to be Fireflight - looking at his colours and head sculpt, but they couldn't get his name past copyright, perhaps that's what happened here - the mould was designed for Slingshot, there were legal thingies, and they made him Firefly (after pulling a Trailcutter on the name)

3 - a combination of the above?

Or maybe it's 2:37 am and I'm reading waaay to much into this

Handsprime
25th January 2015, 09:58 AM

YES PLEASE
though other than Defensor who else are we gonna have? A new mold of Bruticus? Or are we gonna get the other scramble city combiners Abominus and Computron? Or even other combiners who weren't scramble city type?

Golden Phoenix
25th January 2015, 11:00 AM
YES PLEASE
though other than Defensor who else are we gonna have? A new mold of Bruticus? Or are we gonna get the other scramble city combiners Abominus and Computron? Or even other combiners who weren't scramble city type?

Bruticus could work. Repaint Alpha Bravo into Vortex, Offroad into Swindle and you have half of the limbs. Might need new moulds for the other 2 limbs and Onslaught though.

Trent
25th January 2015, 11:26 AM
Start spoiler - it's pretty terrible - End spoiler

Hence why I haven't seen it yet...

And that's not a spoiler.

Gofigure
25th January 2015, 12:41 PM
Touché my brother ;)

MayzaPrime
26th January 2015, 11:51 AM
Well played Hasbro... I would never have bought Alpha Bravo or Offroad if I thought Slingshot and Wildrider were being released.

You win this round Hasbro :p

dirge
1st February 2015, 05:11 PM
So if there's gunna be all these "extra" limb guys... when's my DeathCobra coming?

griffin
1st February 2015, 06:16 PM
So if there's gunna be all these "extra" limb guys... when's my DeathCobra coming?

I thought Demonac already had a new-ish DeathCobra... :p

prjkt
1st February 2015, 06:27 PM
Well played Hasbro... I would never have bought Alpha Bravo or Offroad if I thought Slingshot and Wildrider were being released.

You win this round Hasbro :p

I kinda hope each combiner team has an extra member - that way OP doesn't feel left out