PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe

Omega Supreme
1st September 2008, 11:53 AM
Hi all, I used to be a huge collector of GI Joe figures up until about 5 years ago, when I decided to call it quits. Recently though I have found myself buying the 25th Anniversary figures as they are really well done. They are slightly more poseable than the originals and alot more detailed when it comes to sculpting and paint work. So far I have been trying to keep them MISB, but just today a Storm Shadow I got from ebay arrived, he is loose but complete and I have found myself for the last 2 hours using the figure to attack my boxed Snake Eyes. I think its only a matter of time before I end up opening all these guys up :)

I was just wondering if anyone else from here collects GI Joe stuff

gamblor916
1st September 2008, 12:18 PM
I used to have a couple of joes but I really don't need more toy lines to collect :D
At the Parramatta fair there was a boxed Cobra Mamba which was seriously tempting.

Omega Supreme
1st September 2008, 12:23 PM
I used to have a couple of joes but I really don't need more toy lines to collect :D
At the Parramatta fair there was a boxed Cobra Mamba which was seriously tempting.

Wow to find a Mamba is pretty rare and boxed as well, how much where they asking for it ?

liegeprime
1st September 2008, 12:42 PM
I collect Gi Joes, well sorta... mostly go for Cobra..There was also a 25th anniversary boxed set being sold there at Parramatta fair going for more than $100 so I didnt even bothered. It was with the black Cobracommander, Baroness, Destro, Storm Shadow, Zartan and Major Bludd I think. Someone had it in his hand looking at it when I heard the seller say the price... ooookaaaay lets just move along nothing to see. I do love the new modified figures, just shows that Archer really is a GiJoe fan. Thats why quality wise the GiJoes gets better love now than TFs. Wish they'd reissue the Cobra-La here, but then even the basic we didnt get to see here, unless its fron hobby shops, so its wishful thinking. You guys know any place that sells the figs in retail?

gamblor916
1st September 2008, 12:55 PM
Wow to find a Mamba is pretty rare and boxed as well, how much where they asking for it ?

I didn't ask, I thought it would be beyond what I had to spend anyway.

Lord_Zed
1st September 2008, 01:07 PM
I collect Gi Joes to, mostly ones that were relevant to the original Marvel comic. I have a fair few 25th anniversary Joes (think there's a pic in an old thread somwhere). As nice as they look in the package there even cooler when you get them out. The Viper was the last one I opened. I have a fair amount of older Gi Joes to, though I am thinking of selling some of these and cutting the collection down to just my favourtes.

Personly I despise Cobra-La as a cheap gimmick, but I think one of the new comic packs has Nemesis enforcer in it.

Oh a Mamba! I'm not sure If I'm happy or sad that I missed it, Happy I didn't spend the money, or sad I didn't get it. The best Joe find I've had at Parramatta was a $20 incomplete Night Raven.

Omega Supreme
1st September 2008, 01:39 PM
liegeprime - I havent seen any instores, but I have gotten a huge amount from ebay, you can normally get them for about $16.99 with about $5-$8 in post charges. I get a few at a time so it cuts down alittle, I would much prefer getting them straight from a shop(who wouldnt) but I cant help myself :)

LordZed - I feel your anger towards Cobra-La, it was abit too fantasy for GI Joe. Although wouldnt mind getting my hands on a pythona(spelling) figure.

Im interested in getting the dvd packs, have you guys seen them ? for Pyramid of Darkness, MASS Device etc. One of them has a sweet Quickkick figure, he is a mini grail for me :) The only GI Joe I have on dvd is the movie.

Just last week on Ebay I saw a USS Flagg playset, with a heap of other vehicles, including a Mamba :) only problem was the 3,500 Price :P

Pulse
1st September 2008, 02:12 PM
I was never really a "Yo Joe!" Fan - but I do remember a Maltese Family Friend of ours who's son had quite a few Joes/Playsets in the late 80's.

But what I am getting psyched about is the movie (http://www.cinematical.com/photos/g-i-joe/) getting released in about a year's time... :)

hound
1st September 2008, 08:51 PM
I collect GI Joe too. Both vintage and 25th.

Lord_Zed, let me know if you have any figures you want to let go.

Sam
1st September 2008, 08:53 PM
I did enjoy the G. I. Joe cartoon, but because it was about people I felt it was still too "normal" and so enjoyed TFs more. :D

Lord_Zed
1st September 2008, 09:05 PM
The best way to get the 25th anniversay figures is to order a full wave, most of the waves so far have been pretty good. unfortunately the fall of the dollar makes them not quite as good value as they were, I was going to get the veichles but now I'm thinking not.

I have some random GI joe eps on DVD, they are all so bad. I'm not a fan of the cartoon at all, its all comic for me. Consequently my favourtes are characters who were cool in the comic, as well as some of thge crazy Cobra Viper variants. I'm hanging out for Gold Destro, and the Fred Cobra Commanders atm.

And I'm still hoping they make a Techno Viper and Dr Mindbender before the line ends.

Here's a repost of my 25th Anniversary figures
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/cobra.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/joe.jpg

Omega Supreme
1st September 2008, 09:34 PM
Nice collection Lord Zed, I have most of those except a few Firefly, Roadblock, Buzzer, Ripper & Torch. Im very jealous :)

Im also keen to get some of the new vehicles, especially the air chariot.

Where do you get your stuff from ? and how much do they go for ?

STL
1st September 2008, 11:08 PM
Excuse me guys, I do not need a third hobby! :( :) :p

Pulse
1st September 2008, 11:56 PM
Excuse me guys, I do not need a third hobby! :( :) :p

lol :D How about Machine Men? ;)

Soundwarp
2nd September 2008, 06:14 AM
So does anyone know where to find the Joe DVD's?

STL
2nd September 2008, 09:47 AM
So does anyone know where to find the Joe DVD's?

evilBay but I'm just waiting for the movie cos u can bet that it'll get released everywhere when the live action movie hits (whenever that is)

Pulse
2nd September 2008, 11:08 AM
but not in Ozzztralia cos we haven't gotten anything Joe mainstream since the late 80's...

autobreadticon
2nd September 2008, 06:39 PM
i am gonna start collec5ting combat heroes released in the US later this month, so i can display them with my transformers , mayb i will watch the first 5 episodes of the cartoon see if its any good

Lord_Zed
2nd September 2008, 11:56 PM
Nice collection Lord Zed, I have most of those except a few Firefly, Roadblock, Buzzer, Ripper & Torch. Im very jealous :)

Im also keen to get some of the new vehicles, especially the air chariot.

Where do you get your stuff from ? and how much do they go for ?

I've been getting mine from Big bad Toystore mixing and matching various cases. So I miss out on some. I'm gald your jealous of the Ripper and Torch, cause they were the one set I ordered seperately and I got charged almost more than the toy for shipping. I don't advise ordering seperately from BBT unless you REALLY want the figures.

I'm going to pass on the Air chariot, the Hiss and Fang are the two that are tempting me, the Firebat to.

Excuse me guys, I do not need a third hobby!

what you ONLY have 3??? :eek:

hound
14th September 2008, 05:36 PM
The Joes are finally here! I saw singles, comic packs and wave 1 vehicles in TRU. Another guy from Adelaide found some in his TRU too. The prices are pretty expensive though. Yo Joe!

MV75
14th September 2008, 06:53 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/mv75/CobraCommander-150.jpg

Oh yea, he's that evil.

Lord_Zed
15th September 2008, 01:27 PM
The Joes are finally here! I saw singles, comic packs and wave 1 vehicles in TRU. Another guy from Adelaide found some in his TRU too. The prices are pretty expensive though. Yo Joe!

How exspensive is pretty exspensive? back when the dollar was good I was paying $8-11 a figure as long as I ordered in bulk. I would pay a little more If I could pick and choose.

The veichles being out would be cool, as there are only 2 I really want. I'll have to go look now, though I wonder what wave we'll start at.

MV75: Yeah posted a smaller version of that pic before, Cobra Commander doesn't seem to like dogs, This is not the only occasion CC has demonstrated untoward agression toward Canines. No Doubt Junkyard is partly to blame.

Pulse
15th September 2008, 03:56 PM
I saw 'em in a local TRU today too.

Singles (a mixture of all waves) were $16 while comic 2-packs/vehicles were $35

kup
15th September 2008, 04:22 PM
I saw 'em in a local TRU today too.

Singles (a mixture of all waves) were $16 while comic 2-packs/vehicles were $35

That's not bad. I may be tempted to pick up a few.

hound
15th September 2008, 09:35 PM
single is $16
comic pack is $30
vehicle is $35

Lord_Zed
16th September 2008, 01:13 PM
I went by Toys R us today, The figures seem to be mix of wave 5 and 7.

I recall seeing

Jetpack Duke
Snake Eyes (commando black)
Cobra Commander (helmet)
Spirit
Cobra Viper
Firefly
Zartan

Wave 3 and 4 of the comic packs

and Wave 1 of the veichles

Didn't get any so far though as I'm awaiting wave 9 and the new B.A.T among others.

Omega Supreme
16th September 2008, 01:57 PM
Oh wow I gotta go check out the Canberra TRU, although they are very bad at getting in new stock. Really want to grab a Firefly.

Pulse
16th September 2008, 02:09 PM
Oh wow I gotta go check out the Canberra TRU, although they are very bad at getting in new stock. Really want to grab a Firefly.

It's a real hit & miss with each TRU - I think the figures/Waves each store gets is completely random...

Rampage
16th September 2008, 03:13 PM
Didn't get any so far though as I'm awaiting wave 9 and the new B.A.T among others.

B.A.T is #1 on my wantlist too

if you come across any of these let us know please:)

Storm Shadow - Wave 1
Red Ninja - Wave 1
Snake Eyes w/Timber - Wave 1 (long shot i know)
Cobra Battle Pack #1

Omega Supreme
16th September 2008, 04:57 PM
TRU actually had them in, picked up Firefly!, along with a Cobra Commander & a Spirit. They only had about 6 left once I got my 3.. They seemed to have all the vehicles, picked up the air chariot/armadillo(spelling) - The Flying bubble & the bike, - & a Hiss tank.

They had the comic packs, but at $30 each I figured it was better to spend my money on the vehicles.

Rampage - Red Ninja was there, ill be going back tomorrow to get some doubles of the vehicles, if you want me to pick it up for you just let me know sometime before 9am tomorrow.

Lord_Zed
16th September 2008, 08:51 PM
TRU actually had them in, picked up Firefly!, along with a Cobra Commander & a Spirit. They only had about 6 left once I got my 3.. They seemed to have all the vehicles, picked up the air chariot/armadillo(spelling) - The Flying bubble & the bike, - & a Hiss tank.

They had the comic packs, but at $30 each I figured it was better to spend my money on the vehicles.

Rampage - Red Ninja was there, ill be going back tomorrow to get some doubles of the vehicles, if you want me to pick it up for you just let me know sometime before 9am tomorrow.

Yeah I couldn't decide wether to get the comic packs or the vehicles, I already have all the individual figures they've released so far. The Vehicles are pretty cool but the Comic packs have nice figures and new comics, and I'm a fan of GI Joe becuase of the comics so to quote The Venture Brothers it's a conundrum! Does the flight pod and bike with Breaker and Televiper come with Breakers Bubblegum? Because I gotta get a figure of Breaker with his gum. Really would like that Red Star figure though seeing as how he's pretty much the closest thing to Colonel Brekhanov, Copper Head is cool to, though I can't say I want 2 Shipwrecks, If I do anyone want a $10 Shipwreck?

Ok so to take stock so far we have:
Jetpack Duke
Snake Eyes (commando black)
Cobra Commander (helmet)
Spirit
Cobra Viper
Firefly
Zartan
Red Ninja
Rock & Roll
Serpentor
Beachead
Torpedo
Crimson Guard
Armoured Cobra Commander
Cobra Air Trooper

Comic Packs
Destro & Breaker
Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes
Crimson Guardsman & Scarface
Duke & Red Star
Storm Shadow & Firefly
Copperhead & Shipwreck

Veihicles
Flight pod & RAM
Vamp
Hiss Tank
Air Chariot & Armadillo

Anyone seen anything else to add to the list?

My number #1 wants are only the individual figures I didn't pick up in a bulk order, as even with the dollar drop it's still a little cheaper to buy them in bulk from the US.

Nonetheless I still hoping we see the following here:

Roadblock (City Asault version)
Snake Eyes (Arctic gear)

Lord_Zed
28th September 2008, 10:12 PM
Thought I'd give this thread a recharge as I was mucking around with the camera today.

Snake Eyes and Stormshadow surronded by Cobra Infantry, we know what happens next.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/P1010110.jpg

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/covers/joe96.jpg

Yup, not enough Cobra's

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/P1010130.jpg

Another homage to a comic cover.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/zedkaiser/Minatures%20and%20toys/P1010136-1.jpg

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/covers/joe95.jpg

PS: I've edited my GI Joe sighting list above. If anyone has spotted figures not on the list please chime in.