PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody

hungta
1st September 2008, 01:20 PM
Hey everyone, just joined up recently after graduating from uni.

Been a long time since i've bought any transformers but started again around April this year. I like the G1 characters but not the toys so much as I like to pose the figures.

The first transformers I remember ever having as a kid were: Rotorstorm, G2 Grimlock, Dead End, Dragstrip, and a G2? Decepticon plane.

My interest really only started again when my friend got me a G1 series box set and Infiltration #0 as a birthday present.

I'm also looking for a proper job with no success :(

Pulse
1st September 2008, 01:30 PM
Hey Mate :)

not another Melbournalien? "Doh!"

Just kidding... :D

iceburn
1st September 2008, 01:33 PM
hey oh...welcome

blackie
1st September 2008, 01:41 PM
whoooo another melbournian, welcome mate. what course did you graduate?

TheDirtyDigger
1st September 2008, 02:08 PM
Hey everyone, just joined up recently after graduating from uni.

Welcome hungta and good first move out of uni.
Good to see someone with priorities.

hungta
1st September 2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys.

My course was Commerce/Economics.

I was surfing these boards since about March this year. Uni started and since it was my final semester, I got more on my plate than usual, and forgot to sign up.

I feel less pressured these days and I'm glad to be a member of Ozformers finally.

1orion2many
1st September 2008, 02:32 PM
:)Welcome aboard the good ship Lollipop:D.

Saintly
1st September 2008, 02:44 PM
welcome dude!

STL
1st September 2008, 02:54 PM
Welcome to yet another Melbournian! :) I'm in my last semester at uni now. And I'm very sad. :eek: :(

liegeprime
1st September 2008, 03:10 PM
Mabuhay and Welcome to the board :D!!

Paulbot
1st September 2008, 04:25 PM
Welcome.

jaydisc
1st September 2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome Melbournian!

jacksplatt11
1st September 2008, 05:37 PM
hi dr nick..

simspons anyone?.. but yeah, welcome

loophole
1st September 2008, 05:46 PM
welcome to the crazy house :D

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2008, 06:07 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/boardwelcome.jpg

The first transformers I remember ever having as a kid were: Rotorstorm, G2 Grimlock, Dead End, Dragstrip, and a G2? Decepticon plane.
Can you describe this mysterious G2 plane?

My interest really only started again when my friend got me a G1 series box set and Infiltration #0 as a birthday present.
Bah to the G1 cartoon - go read up on the G1 (and G2) comics - you can find reprints (IDW is reprinting issues under the "Generations" series). Simon Furman, who wrote Infiltration, has been writing Transformers stories since 1985 and is widely considered the best writer for Transformers. A lot of people consider some of his best works to be from G1. :) Perhaps one of our friendly Melbournian fans will be willing to let you read his/her collection? ;D

I'm also looking for a proper job with no success
I recommend looking for a job that will give you success. (jokes!) :p ;) :D

hungta
1st September 2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Simpsons: awesome :)

Gokitimus: I just had a browse on Transformerland.com and I found the name. It is a decepticon called Windrazor (It's in really bad shape though, along with all my other older toys).

I'd quote your posts guys but I'm not as yet familiar with how posting works. I'm still playing around with it.

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2008, 07:11 PM
Aargh! Windrazor - the only Decepticon Skyscorcher that I don't have!! (>o<)

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/b/b7/Windrazor-UKG2comic.jpg/125px-Windrazor-UKG2comic.jpg

Sam
1st September 2008, 08:56 PM
Hey there and welcome to the forum!

STL
1st September 2008, 11:33 PM
I'd quote your posts guys but I'm not as yet familiar with how posting works. I'm still playing around with it.

There's a 'quote' button on the bottom right of each post which is the first of three. On top of that if you want to reply to multiple posts, click on the one next to it with a quotation mark and '+' sign. Click on each post you want to reply to (it shld highlight itself) and then click on the "post reply" button which will bring you up the message reply box with all the posts you want to quote displayed. (Hoping that makes sense)

Soundwarp
2nd September 2008, 06:32 AM
Welcome!!

Tiby
2nd September 2008, 08:33 AM
Welcome aboard!

Bartrim
2nd September 2008, 09:20 AM
Greetings fellow transfan.

k.wong23
2nd September 2008, 07:18 PM
Welcome mate, goodluck in applying for grad positions next year! or looking for a job :p

Robzy
3rd September 2008, 12:21 AM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

JuzMel
9th September 2008, 08:57 PM
welcome and good luck with the job search..