PDA

View Full Version : APS-01U Ultimate Optimus from Hasbro HK

griffin
27th January 2015, 01:48 PM
The next exclusive from Hasbro Hong Kong is a re-release of the Jetwing Optimus Prime toy (not the Ultimate Optimus toy)... noted as the "Ultimate Edition" Optimus Prime (more likely to be the Ultimate "Priced" Edition :p ).

More details to be revealed, but is said to be "loaded with weapons and accessories", and an early image can be seen here (https://www.facebook.com/TransformersAsia/photos/a.280689052030683.49597.175966015836321/616278051805113/?type=1&theater) from a fan-run group who looks to have exclusive rights to Transformers HK reveals & news.

Considering the 100% markup on the last APS release (Human Alliance Soundwave & Barricade), this one is likely to be over US$200.

This would be the fourth version of the Jetwing mould. Previous ones were the first regular version, the black JP version, and the Gen1 Amazon US version.

Golden Phoenix
27th January 2015, 03:35 PM
I'm hoping it comes with that shield, guns, and swords that came with Striker Optimus Prime

griffin
30th January 2015, 06:44 PM
The official images have been released (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/aps01u-optimus-prime-ultimate-edition-update-181968/), showing that the Jetwing Optimus comes with just about every previous accessory the toy had at some point for DOTM.
I think the "knuckle-duster" accessory is new though... a tiny bit of new plastic for this set.

ION BLASTER X 1
BATTLE BLADE X 2
BATTLE HOOK X2
KNUCKLE X 1 (NEW)
JETWING X 1
STRIKER SHIELD X 1
ELIMINATOR GUN X 1 & ASSAULT BLASTER X 1 (FORMS MEGA STRIKER)

Looking at the combined armoured vehicle mode, it does look a little impressive... but expect a huge price tag for this one.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was US$200 or more.

DELTAprime
30th January 2015, 08:09 PM
I have the original AU release. Since Jetwing OP is actually the DOTM version of the Buster Prime mould (which is my second favourite mould of all time) and this version will be done in a paint job befitting the Buster Prime mould and it comes with Striker Prime's accessories I'm so getting this.

...Anyone want a slightly dusty original Jetwing Prime?

SharkyMcShark
30th January 2015, 09:26 PM
The base ROTF Prime mold is easily in my top 5 of all time, and I've not yet been able to obtain any of the more premium versions of it, so I'm up for this as long as it's south of say $200AUD.

Which is probably won't be.

Magnus
31st January 2015, 12:08 PM
So... DotM leader Optimus, with Buster fuel tanks, Jetwing pack, Striker weapons, energon hooks, and knuckle dusters, and all with a premium paint job?

Want.

But... money...

Zommael
31st January 2015, 04:38 PM
I already have both the original Buster Prime and the standard release Jetwing Prime. But this is everything, and it's very difficult not to want it. I wonder if Hasbro AU would be willing to try to bring it over, or if due to the slow sales of Jetwing Prime over here, it's a non-starter?

Bladestorm
31st January 2015, 05:51 PM
I think I am going to have to pre-order this. I've seen the nemesis jetwing version in stores here and wished I could get it in the conventional red and blue colours, so this will do the trick. Not entirely sold on the face though.
Wonder when we will see pricing for it. Might have to go see if any of the stores have it up for pre-order yet next week.

rodent
2nd February 2015, 10:29 AM
Damn. Just got myself an original Jetwing Prime and now there's this. Looks amazing!

DELTAprime
11th February 2015, 01:22 AM
$230 at RK, $270 at BBTS. I don't think even with the POL shipping savings it will make up for the difference.

He's going to be around $400 with shipping thanks to the exchange rate.

UltraMarginal
11th February 2015, 09:14 AM
$230 at RK, $270 at BBTS. I don't think even with the POL shipping savings it will make up for the difference.

He's going to be around $400 with shipping thanks to the exchange rate.

ouch. that's a lot for some extra paint and accessories.
especially after paying $70 for the clearanced buster prime jetfire 2 pack... :p:cool:

DELTAprime
11th February 2015, 09:58 PM
Since he is my second favourite mould of all time I might order him when we get to April if I have the spare cash after Star Saber has ravaged my wallet. But I will look at selling a couple of the other ROTF Leader Prime/Buster Prime figures I have since I have 5 on display. Amazing mould and this looks like the definitive version.

Magnus
12th February 2015, 04:26 PM
He sure is pricey. :( Once again, I think I'll take my chances on eBay.

Since he is my second favourite mould of all time I might order him when we get to April if I have the spare cash after Star Saber has ravaged my wallet. But I will look at selling a couple of the other ROTF Leader Prime/Buster Prime figures I have since I have 5 on display. Amazing mould and this looks like the definitive version.

I may have to do the same thing - selling off my existing versions to free up money and space.

ampoldj
13th February 2015, 11:51 PM
Jetwing plus Striker plus....well that is why it is Ultimate and the price as well. I cant say goodbye to lots of Optimus in my shelf just for this guy :(

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2015, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if retail buyers here skipped this toy considering what a massive shelfwarmer DotM Jetwing Optimus Prime was. (-_-)

Jonamafun
16th February 2015, 12:14 PM
Was the original APS-01 ever sold at retail in Australia? If so, how much for?

griffin
16th February 2015, 03:09 PM
Was the original APS-01 ever sold at retail in Australia? If so, how much for?

The APS-01 Striker Optimus was not here, but the Jetwing Optimus was here... which is the other half of the accessories in this "Ultimate" pack.

griffin
27th February 2015, 02:46 AM
As if being a HK exclusive isn't enough, Hasbro HK will throw in an exclusive extra item to go with this toy (https://www.facebook.com/TransformersAsia/photos/a.280689052030683.49597.175966015836321/627545070678411/?type=1&theater)... like the Vector Sigma with MP Optimus, Reflector with MP Gold Megatron, and the Throne with MP Comic Grimlock... this one will come with a miniature diecast Movie Allspark Cube and a numbered metal business-card-sized plate.

Release date has been set for April 17th, but that can change at any time.

griffin
31st March 2015, 04:02 PM
A gallery of new photos of this upcoming toy (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/movie-optimus-prime-ultimate-edition-new-images-182380/) being less than three weeks away, showing off the added paint apps (mostly minor, but they break up grey sections), and new hands that have moveable fingers.

Zommael
31st March 2015, 04:14 PM
It looks mindblowingly good. If I got it, it would have to replace my existing Buster and Jetwing Primes. The only problem is I can't afford it. But all of the accessories, new features and premium paint job make it very nearly worth it. It looks insane when fully combined in vehicle mode (and incredibly uncomfortable in robot mode, lol).

UltraMarginal
31st March 2015, 04:41 PM
It does look exceptionally good, I'm loving the articulated hands!

STL
31st March 2015, 05:00 PM
I was going to pass but so am on this bandwagon now.

Don't care for the accessories but that spiffy new paint job, the hands? Gimme, gimme!

Golden Phoenix
31st March 2015, 05:44 PM
Oh man that thing looks good. If the price wasn't so high I would be all over that. I only have the orginal ROTF Prime. I could use one with all the kit.

ampoldj
31st March 2015, 05:45 PM
Definitely the Ultimate OP (just hope they dont miss those additional paint details during QC, now they have lots to check or it will definitely piss anyone paying this much)

DELTAprime
31st March 2015, 08:43 PM
I'm not getting him now. I don't care how many extra paint apps he has since they missed the pin striping.

AJ_Prime
1st April 2015, 05:41 PM
Looks fantastic! The only thing turning me off is the price. Still, damn it's an amazing piece. Well if the lottery goes my way this week I'll pick it up for sure.

Megatran
1st April 2015, 07:18 PM
Looks fantastic! The only thing turning me off is the price. Still, damn it's an amazing piece. Well if the lottery goes my way this week I'll pick it up for sure.

Lottery --------------------------------> AJ_Prime

:D

AJ_Prime
1st April 2015, 10:29 PM
Lottery --------------------------------> AJ_Prime

:D

:D:D:D:D:p

Bladestorm
3rd April 2015, 01:18 AM
I just bit the bullet and ordered him from Robot Kingdom.
I went to all the stores listed on the Transformers Asia site located here in HK and none of them even knew about this guy, let lone whether they would ever get any stock, so rather than miss out hopefully this way I guarantee I get him.
I really hope he looks as good irl as these images make him out to be!

dsphatlite
3rd April 2015, 07:35 AM
This will be my 8th Movie Leader Prime. Can't wait.

UltimateGalvatron
9th April 2015, 10:17 AM
I probably won't be able to get this but have no RoFT Leader Prime moulds, and from watching many reviews I think I'm missing out heaps! Jetwing Prime looks good but even second hand ones look really expensive.

FruitBuyer
9th April 2015, 04:12 PM
I probably won't be able to get this but have no RoFT Leader Prime moulds, and from watching many reviews I think I'm missing out heaps! Jetwing Prime looks good but even second hand ones look really expensive.

If worse comes to worse and you can't afford this bad-boy, here is a bid on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201321690008?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) I've found for a vanilla RotF Prime at a reasonable price.

Yongeltron
9th April 2015, 04:35 PM
I got my jetwing back when they were warming the shelves in Target. It was my first leader, and by far the most I had ever spent on a toy (up to then I only had a few deluxes). I've loved that thing ever since. It's a freakin' amazing toy. If you've got any interest at all in movie Prime, you need to have some version of this mould.

Looking at this now, I want to cry. It's so damn beautiful.

dsphatlite
9th April 2015, 11:28 PM
Looking at this now, I want to cry. It's so damn beautiful.

I cried when I got my Striker APS1 Prime... :D

I love this Movie Prime mold. IMHO it is in the upper echelon of all time best Transformers.

I display mine with MP10 Prime they look great together. I use the YOH Prime as the darker colours really go well with the Movie Prime.

griffin
20th April 2015, 12:41 PM
This looks to be out now, and a gallery of in-hand photos can be seen here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-asia-premium-series-ultimate-optimus-prime-aps01u-in-hand/32715/).

Zommael
20th April 2015, 01:17 PM
I still think it's desirable, but somehow the lack of pinstriping kind of ruins it for me. It's such a minor thing, I know, and I'm normally critical of fans who pick up on small things like that. But to me the pinstriping says "premium release" while without it, it says "mass market toy". Makes me even more greateful for my Buster Prime.

Tropisetron
20th April 2015, 01:41 PM
What pinstripping are you refering to?

Looking to get it but our currency exchange kills it for me

Bladestorm
20th April 2015, 02:37 PM
Fingers crossed Robot Kingdom ship him this week... I can't wait to have this guy in my hot little hands. All the photos I see just make me more and more happy I decided to splurge on him.

Zommael
20th April 2015, 02:43 PM

Looking to get it but our currency exchange kills it for me

On Buster Prime, there is a small, white border around the flames, referred to as pinstriping (as it's pin thin).

I will consider buying this for definite if Hasbro HK include a pinstripe suit that fits Optimus perfectly, though.

griffin
20th April 2015, 02:56 PM

Pin-striping is probably a term that car detailers use, and on this toy it is the outline of the flames (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/jxmmingjin/media/movieop/_MG_7368_.jpg.html)... to give it a border between the blue flames and the orange/red background, and makes them jump out more.

From the various Movie Optimus toys I have, I could only see it on the two Japanese DMK Model Kits from 2011, and the 2-pack ROTF Leader Optimus (with Jetfire) which is said to be identical to the ROTF Buster Optimus (with a different face).
No other Optimus toy had pin-striping... not even any of the other premium or limited edition versions.
It would be an expensive thing to carefully apply, but for the "Ultimate" edition that has "everything" including extra paint apps and new hands, it seems a bit odd and disappointing to not have the pin-striping.

Yongeltron
20th April 2015, 04:55 PM
Looking at those in-hand pictures, I suspect the reason they haven't gone with the pinstriped flame outlines is that putting them on would mainly be for the sake of the vehicle mode. Given the lengths to which they've gone in lavishing this bot mode with all those painted details and accessories, they're probably not expecting too many people to be displaying this in truck mode.

It's still a lovely truck, but the bot mode is really where the action is for this one. Especially nice if you do have a chromed-up buster to have nearby in truck mode.

Zommael
20th April 2015, 05:20 PM
Looking at those in-hand pictures, I suspect the reason they haven't gone with the pinstriped flame outlines is that putting them on would mainly be for the sake of the vehicle mode. Given the lengths to which they've gone in lavishing this bot mode with all those painted details and accessories, they're probably not expecting too many people to be displaying this in truck mode.

It's still a lovely truck, but the bot mode is really where the action is for this one. Especially nice if you do have a chromed-up buster to have nearby in truck mode.

I actually disagree. I feel that the fact that you can attach, from the looks of it, every single one of those accessories in truck mode makes it more appealing to display it like that, looking like an Earth truck completely tricked out with crazy Cybertronian weaponry.

On the other hand, whilst I know the backpack doesn't attach to Buster in robot mode, I have no idea if it would be possible to sub in Buster in vehicle mode, so that's a possibility.

But at $300 it's out of my price range just now, so I'll have to leave it anyway.

dsphatlite
20th April 2015, 10:17 PM
This looks to be out now, and a gallery of in-hand photos can be seen here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-asia-premium-series-ultimate-optimus-prime-aps01u-in-hand/32715/).

Oh nice... and I am more in love with this now that there are high res photos out.

Can't wait to get him delivered.

Edit: Ick there is paint chipping on the last photos due to the grill being used as his feet. Sad. Gotta be careful with this one.

AJ_Prime
21st April 2015, 11:02 PM

Those pics combined with that price tag is such a tease. Such a stunning piece, but sadly too rich for me. I'll just continue to drool at my screen and admire this work of art from afar....

Bladestorm
25th April 2015, 12:58 AM
Just got an email from Robot Kingdom saying this guy is shipped so I have my fingers tightly crossed he might arrive tomorrow (hopefully when I'm home!). Really looking forward to seeing what his detail looks like in hand.

Deonasis
25th April 2015, 12:32 PM
Just got an email from Robot Kingdom saying this guy is shipped so I have my fingers tightly crossed he might arrive tomorrow (hopefully when I'm home!). Really looking forward to seeing what his detail looks like in hand.

Post pics please! :cool:

AJ_Prime
25th April 2015, 02:28 PM
^^ Yes! This! If I can't have him then at least I can enjoy pics of someone else enjoying him!! Would love to see more.

Bladestorm
28th April 2015, 03:10 AM
I FINALLY received Optimus on Monday afternoon so I haven't had much time to muck around with him but OMG he is AWESOME! The box is impressive of itself! When I slid the plastic out to reveal Optimus my son's jaw dropped to the floor and he wouldn't leave my side wanting to pose HIS figures too (hence a pic with CW Megs).
I know people have been a bit nitpicky about no pinstripes, but I don't think it lessens the wow factor or enjoyment - not for me anyway.
I've never had this mould before but even with the brief time I've had to handle the figure so far I can see why people love it. Admittedly I haven't had a chance to transform him yet...

The bonus cube that comes with him is surprisingly small, but I guess when you put it into perspective with Optimus' height it works.

I'll try and take more photos when I have time and eventually post a review of him on my blog.

So far I am not regretting the expense at all.

Here are a few photos...
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7667/16668589464_77de126215_z.jpg
Straight out of the box:
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8748/17083605787_2f81149371_z.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8811/17290556901_3f3a96f47d_z.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7701/16670808683_f9bed62316_z.jpg

With DMK01:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7680/17083605557_589e4350cb_z.jpg

With Combiner Wars Megatron:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7712/16668589054_82fee3a5f3_z.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7665/17083606197_f783aff270_z.jpg

The (shockingly tiny) cube:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7701/17103279968_59aa978741_z.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8749/17083605157_4c9d196fd1_z.jpg

UltimateGalvatron
28th April 2015, 08:16 AM
WHOA THAT IS AWESOME!

Yongeltron
28th April 2015, 10:38 AM
Drool :eek:

'

'

'

'

'

'
~~~~~~~~~

Zommael
28th April 2015, 03:57 PM
It almost looks worth displaying just in the tray. Still wish it had those pinstripes though... but since I can't afford it, I'm looking for reasons not to buy it. :p

AJ_Prime
29th April 2015, 12:27 AM
Wow, that is stunning!!