PDA

View Full Version : Damaged delivery.. Opinions please!

WeallscreamforStarscream
28th January 2015, 09:00 AM
Hi guys,

I received FT Soar yesterday from Chimungmung, packaged perfectly with corner protectors and all.. open him up for a look and do my usual 'take a moment to appreciate the work' to find scratches on the chrome wings and other places on him.

Question is, what do i do from here? I want to send it back and ask for another (already sent email asking). Is it viable to pay the cost to send him back and possibly be charged again to get a new one?

I had the same issue with Robot Kingdom when i ordered Grimlock.. but they were total asses about it and refused to do anything (and that's why i don't buy from them anymore).

Has anyone been in the same spot as me?

kovert
28th January 2015, 09:52 AM
Very disappointing. Was it sloppy work at the factory?

Lint
28th January 2015, 10:52 AM
Is it viable to pay the cost to send him back and possibly be charged again to get a new one?

Never dealt with Chimungmung before but it is common for places to ask you to return it at your cost and they will replace it for you (if they can). Others may simply give you store credit as compensation.

WeallscreamforStarscream
28th January 2015, 11:25 AM
This is the major scratch.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/eleeb33/Mobile%20Uploads/20150128_103446_zpsejqus4gd.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/eleeb33/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150128_103446_zpsejqus4gd.jpg.html)

Bladestorm
28th January 2015, 11:32 AM
Was it new or used? (the joint on the right looks quite well worn as if it has been played with).

Never used chimingming but I'd ask for a replacement too if it was mint in box. If they don't have a replacement then some form of refund although not sure you could get the whole amount back.

Fingers crossed they can resolve for you. Good luck!
Let us know how you get on.

WeallscreamforStarscream
28th January 2015, 12:59 PM
brand new in sealed box. Chimungmung is great to buy from and not knocking them there.. i had a few lil issues with an order that was sorted out before but this would be from the manufacturer.

Yes the scratches on the joint too. There's scratches around the knee joints as well.

I just want to transform and display him but i won't till i hear back from Tony at Chimungmung.

:(

griffin
28th January 2015, 03:20 PM
Do third party toy companies even refund for faulty toys, as that's one of the reasons to be unlicensed, so that they aren't bound by the strict requirements of the legit companies and manufacturers.
Wouldn't that just be the risk buyers have to accept with unlicensed toys that don't have to meet safety or defect standards?
Most third party toy companies probably don't have a thorough QC stage, if at all, because they aren't required through a contract to the Brand Owner to meet minimum standards. It would be up to each company to take time checking quality of the parts and the final product, which both adds time and cost to the end products that make it through (the ones that don't also add to the final cost). So to cut costs, some companies probably have lower quality standards, to include parts that aren't broken but maybe scuffed or missing some paint. As long as enough toys go out to satisfy enough people to come back for more and recommend it to others, that would be their minimum standard. (companies like Hasbro have to meet certain legal standards, not just for safety, but to keep defective ratios as close to zero as possible to minimise returns and refunds that eat into their profits)

As toy companies and government agencies have said in the past, unlicensed items and KOs (not just toys) have lower standards, so can have lower quality and not meet safety standards. This is why it can be a hit-and-miss with unauthorised items... especially in the early days, when I would see a lot of comments and complaints about flaws or faulty parts.

It's worth noting that it is best to buy a third party toy or KO from a source or middleman located in Australia, because the risk is actually theirs. The consumer is protected by Australian Consumer Laws, forcing Retailers to put effort into making sure a product isn't going to result in refunds (faulty) or lawsuits (unsafe). So Retailers and Dealers located in Australia have to refund if it is deemed "defective" to the Consumer's standards (not the retailers), so has to meet your requirements of what you were promised in promotional or packaging images. And if the retailers start losing too much money on unsafe items, Knock Offs, or Unlicensed items that have lower standards (or the cost of fines and recalls), then they just decide to stop stocking them.

WeallscreamforStarscream
28th January 2015, 04:38 PM
nice read griffin and thanks.

If i dont hear from Tony i'll take it up with PayPal. See if they can help. But i'll be patient for now.

CoRDS
28th January 2015, 04:55 PM
Fans toys will probably replace it for you.

MMC are sending me a replacement part for my terminus hexatron continuum that broke a wing when it fell off my shelf.

i dont see takara replacing the broken knee in my rodimus mp .

Jetfire in the sky
28th January 2015, 08:19 PM
That's a real shame, it looks like it's been scraped on the floor before it was attached. Is it part of the wing section that can be taken off and the matte wing put on? If so you may be able to get Fans Toys or Chimungmung to send you a new bright chrome set.
I have seen some wings being sold on e-bay so if you have no luck with supplier/manufacturer, then that may be an option, albeit not so satisfactory.

VERT
28th January 2015, 08:22 PM
In my experience. 3rd party toys have always given extra parts if asked. Fanstoys are very good with that.

CoRDS
28th January 2015, 08:26 PM
That's a real shame, it looks like it's been scraped on the floor before it was attached. Is it part of the wing section that can be taken off and the matte wing put on? If so you may be able to get Fans Toys or Chimungmung to send you a new bright chrome set.
I have seen some wings being sold on e-bay so if you have no luck with supplier/manufacturer, then that may be an option, albeit not so satisfactory.

looks like its the part that the wings go into. so part of the main figure.

BigTransformerTrev
28th January 2015, 10:16 PM
These days it's very easy to stalk folk using social media and basic internet dredging. Id get some photos of both the Chimungmungs & Fans Toys staffs children going through the front gates of their schools, their partners going to work, their parents gardening in their backyards (try google satellite images for that one) etc then send them all off with a letter written in your own blood and other various bodily fluids demanding a replacement figure, plus $50 grand in emotional and punitive damages.

Trust me - works more often than ya think ;)

WeallscreamforStarscream
29th January 2015, 04:17 PM
^^ LOL whats the last movie you watched hahaha

Got a reply from Tony, he asked for pics and sent them. Just waiting for the reply.

Yeah it's the wing, joint as well and other places like knees. it just looks like its been a bit thrashed in parts :mad:

WeallscreamforStarscream
29th January 2015, 10:24 PM
Tony insists that he send me parts to replace the scratches.. i want a whole new unit. what to do??

Kapryiath
1st February 2015, 01:18 PM
its FansToys they're usually pretty top notch with sorting out issues, if Tony can't sort a fix out hit up fanstoys there's been plenty of accounts of them posting replacement parts out to people.

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st February 2015, 01:42 PM

i dont see takara replacing the broken knee in my rodimus mp .

Have tou asked them? I had a microman predator with a broken knee straight out of the box, a bit of emailing to HLJ, a send back and eventually I got a fixed up Predator with a note from Takara.

GoktimusPrime
1st February 2015, 04:59 PM
Good to see that discussions about unauthorised products are happening in the right place (http://otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=46). :o
But yeah... you all have consumer rights --- exercise them vigourously!

griffin
1st February 2015, 06:30 PM
Good to see that discussions about unauthorised products are happening in the right place (http://otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=46). :o
But yeah... you all have consumer rights --- exercise them vigourously!

I decided to leave this here instead of moving it into that other section because the discussion was about damaged goods, which led to consumer rights and the process of getting a replacement (in this particular case) or refund.

It is against the Userguide-Rules for non-staff to publicly or privately instruct where other members should put their posts, or the content in them.
If a member has a problem with where a topic is, they should ask one of the staff about it to see if your concerns are valid or warranted.

8 - Regular Members not to "Moderate" other Members
Non-staff should refrain from instructing members on what to post in a specific topic, or where it should be posted. Refer it to Staff if a topic needs to be moved, or re-titled to match the section.

GoktimusPrime
1st February 2015, 07:21 PM
My apologies.

WeallscreamforStarscream
1st February 2015, 07:42 PM
Update.. I asked Tony to contact FT directly since he deals with them all the time. He replied saying he will, but they take time to get back to him. He asked for a replacement shipped at their expense.

I found FT on facebook, looks like the actual guy who IS FT. i haven't messaged him yet because i will give it a couple of days since Tony sent the email.

I also want my Scoria loose leg fix as well.

But looking good for now.

jaydisc
2nd February 2015, 08:21 PM
Saw this (related?) tweet today. Is that FansToys product?

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrimlockIsKing/status/562059741099466752

WeallscreamforStarscream
3rd February 2015, 09:06 AM
Yep that's the one. I haven't even transformed mine yet just incase something else happens. Just wanna send him back and get a replacement.

Still waiting for a reply from FT on Facebook. .

jaydisc
3rd February 2015, 09:08 AM
Show 'em that tweet if you have issues. As an example of a good reseller.

Kapryiath
5th February 2015, 11:41 PM
^ would be money he wont have any troubles :) Tony is a good dude , Fanstoys are a fantastic company :D well... apart from not being able to hit an announced release date.. ever

WeallscreamforStarscream
9th February 2015, 06:41 PM
Update.

I have to keep bugging Tony to reply with something other than "i can send you spare parts". Today i said to him just replace mine with a new one and bill FansToys for your costs.

His reply was I will send to you - you pay shipping both ways.

great, so now i'm really pissed off and i'm gonna go to PayPal and lodge a complaint. See what happens next.

I'm just gonna give up the pre orders i have with him and purchase my stuff locally. It's just too hard to deal with international issues.

jaydisc
9th February 2015, 06:51 PM
I do believe that PayPal will make you send the goods back. I'd lodge the dispute with your credit card company instead.

WeallscreamforStarscream
9th February 2015, 09:50 PM
If i go the paypal route will i have to pay for shipping TO Tony or will he have to wear it/ i get reimbursement?

jaydisc
9th February 2015, 10:00 PM
My last reading indicated that if you are dissatisfied with the goods, you have to pay to return them.

Megatran
9th February 2015, 10:32 PM
Never had to return an item to Chimungmung. However with BBTS, once agreed, you initially pay for the return shipping then they reimburse you. That's pretty good customer service in my books.

Damage delivery is a MISB collector's arch nemesis. :(

prjkt
10th February 2015, 06:41 PM
Never had to return an item to Chimungmung. However with BBTS, once agreed, you initially pay for the return shipping then they reimburse you. That's pretty good customer service in my books.

I'm about to find out this myself... Just received the Rainmakers three pack from BBTS, and copped this on Hotlink straight out of the packaging...

http://prjkt.net/gallery3/var/albums/Resources/cwcrew/IMG_7877.jpg

WeallscreamforStarscream
10th February 2015, 10:10 PM
Ill never buy from robot kingdom because of their lack of support with my Grimlock issue.

Chimungmung has lost my business as well.

I guess my message to all out here.. support your local, because they'll support you when needed! Or just sue them 😆

WeallscreamforStarscream
12th February 2015, 10:23 AM
Update.

I put through a dispute with PayPal. Tony is a bit upset that I have done that. He still insists that he will send parts to fix my problem... still doesn't get it.

I said I'll save us both the hassle and just take my Soar and give me a refund or even a credit and I'll buy again from him.

Sends me another email saying parts will be sent this morning.

Am i not clear in my communication?

Dinkydarth
17th February 2015, 05:08 PM
so, were the parts sent? sounds like he's just trying to buy time... You're best filing the paypal claim, can always cancel it later if the part arrives?

WeallscreamforStarscream
17th February 2015, 07:54 PM
just got my latest reply.. so nice timing for asking :)

UPDATE;

After filling out the Paypal dispute things seemed to move so much quicker. He said to me, just send him my Soar without the box just the toy and he will send me one in perfect condition back. No packaging to save $$ on shipping. He wants me to pay shipping to him.. not happy about that but i'm over it at this point.

I'll wrap it well and send it to him by end of this week. Most likely won't be purchasing from overseas dealers anymore after having a loose leg on FT Scoria, a scratched Grimlock from Robot Kingdom who have the WORST communication ever (they just denied the whole thing happened) and now this with FT Soar.

Jetfire in the sky
17th February 2015, 08:27 PM
Sorry to not sound super supportive here, but if you buy an item from a local bricks and mortar shop and you get home and find a defect that needs the item to be returned, the shop will not reimburse you for your travel costs to go back and forth to return the item. So to be upset that you have to pay to send the item back is perhaps having too high of an expectation of what is fair and reasonable.
I think you have arrived at a good outcome and yet you are not happy. Due to the seller being an overseas dealer they really don't have much of an obligation to lift a finger to help you out, unlike Australian sellers who have to abide by the consumer laws we have.
Take it as a lesson learnt. I feel for you that you got an item in such poor condition, but at the end of the day any real beef should be taken up with Fans Toys QC process not the dealer.

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2015, 09:24 PM
My wife does online shopping for clothing, handbags, shoes etc., and they've always reimbursed her whenever she's had to send items back for exchange or refund.

Jetfire in the sky
17th February 2015, 09:48 PM
My wife does online shopping for clothing, handbags, shoes etc., and they've always reimbursed her whenever she's had to send items back for exchange or refund.

I'm guessing their info regarding returns on their websites is a little more informative than this....;) http://chimungmung.com/shipping.php

WeallscreamforStarscream
18th February 2015, 09:10 AM
Well actually BY AUSTRALIAN LAW any trader importing or exporting to Aust is bound by Australian trade/ retail law.

But i'm not gonna take that route.

Anytime my wife and i have had issues we have been taken care of with shipping on returns. Latest was a kids sleep clock that never worked. Came from the UK they just said 'keep it and we'll send you a refund or another one'

FANTASTIC SERVICE!

FT won't reply to me on Facebook. Message SEEN as well. Losers :mad:

millhouse
18th February 2015, 10:10 AM
Well actually BY AUSTRALIAN LAW any trader importing or exporting to Aust is bound by Australian trade/ retail law.

But i'm not gonna take that route.

Anytime my wife and i have had issues we have been taken care of with shipping on returns. Latest was a kids sleep clock that never worked. Came from the UK they just said 'keep it and we'll send you a refund or another one'

FANTASTIC SERVICE!

You're also talking about goods that are essentially infringing copyright and should be illegal. I mean, it's always a risk with 3P stuff.

Jetfire in the sky
18th February 2015, 10:55 AM
For those that are following this thread with interest here is the link to the ACCC website regarding buying online purchases. It is a great reference site and is simple to navigate around.

http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/online-shopping/shopping-online

Note: Shopping online with an overseas business. If you buy from an online seller based overseas, you should be aware that you may experience practical difficulties in obtaining a remedy from them.

xlojnr
19th February 2015, 01:26 AM

I've never had an issue with tony or from FT.

I've had a few issues with orders from chimungmung that tony was always more than happy to resolve. he tends to want to save on shipping in alot of cases, so waits to combine shipments for replacement parts.

for FT your best bet for a response is to contact (private message) a user called dalianjj on tfw2005 forums. he is a rep for fanstoys

WeallscreamforStarscream
21st February 2015, 09:27 AM
da lian is on Facebook. found him and he accepted my friend request. Barely ever posts on there. I PM'd him on FB and still no reply.

I'll try the TFW forums and see how active he is there.

Thanks for the help!

WeallscreamforStarscream
22nd February 2015, 01:47 PM
I've never had an issue with tony or from FT.

I've had a few issues with orders from chimungmung that tony was always more than happy to resolve. he tends to want to save on shipping in alot of cases, so waits to combine shipments for replacement parts.

for FT your best bet for a response is to contact (private message) a user called dalianjj on tfw2005 forums. he is a rep for fanstoys

Thanks for this tip! Sent a PM to him and he replied almost immediately. Sent an email to service@fanstoys.com with pics of damage.

I still have hope for a replacement without having to pay shipping fees.