PDA

View Full Version : Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

Pages : [1] 2

Tober
29th January 2015, 04:25 AM
UPDATE

Better picture

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/Screenshot_2015-02-02-19-23-43-1_zps886d0b2e.png (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/Screenshot_2015-02-02-19-23-43-1_zps886d0b2e.png.html)

From Allspark.com (http://www.allspark.com/content/2015/02/first-clear-photo-of-combiner-wars-devastator/)

EDIT by Admin...
A covertly taken photo from the European Toyfair in Nuremberg of the Hasbro exhibit gives a first glimpse of Titan class Devastator and Masterpiece Bluestreak (looks unchanged). The box on the floor is said to be Devastator's box, which looks to have six character circles on the side.
A description from here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/nuremberg-toy-fair-first-look-at-combiner-wars-titan-devastator-181841/)...

"The head was boxy, but not in a bad way. Very G1 toy/animation model. Red eyes, on a simple pivot.

Forearms were entirely black, you can see that in the picture. The fingers were on a single hinge, thumb was fixed. There appeared to be some sort of transformation with the forearms, but it was hard to tell exactly what they did. I'm pretty sure they're separate pieces from the figures, so they're not integrated into Bonecrusher/Scavenger.

Chest had the big purple wing piece, just like G1 but bigger. It had some silver and red details on it, which you can just barely make out in the photo.

The feet were straight up G1. Scrapper forms the foot pretty much the same way as the original toy, with his arms as the heels and the bucket as the toe. The big departure is Mixmaster, he still forms the foot pretty much the same as G1, with the cement drum as the shin, but the foot of the combined mode is the rear of the cement truck instead of the cab.

No Prowl on display, and the combined mode wasn't scramble city type, so I don't know how they would add a Prowl if they wanted. Hook was folded in half and sitting on top of Long Haul just like G1."

EDIT by Mod...
Update from TFW2005 member Marvelous who attended the event:

I attended the Hasbro booth and can clarify some points.

Devy consists of 6 parts with individual robot modes. He is nearly the same height as Metroplex. It's going to be a TRU exclusive and will be officially revealed at New York toy fair. He is very G1esque and looks great. The only thing that's kind of a bummer, is that the individual robots look a bit upscaled, like the upscaled cyberverse Beast Hunters deluxe figures.
But Devastator is an entirely new mold. He also has his own kind of combining ports as far as I could see.

Also, for the RID show, the Minicons will get a comeback. There was a version of Drift on show, which futures a shooting mechanism for the Minicons. Looks a lot like the Warrior class but is called deployers.

Also there were more platinum sets with G1 reissues/ repaints. One set with Blitzwing and Astrotrain, but with strange color schemes. BW was mostly red,while AT orange and white.
the second set includes Blaster and Perceptor Which seems mostly unchanged from their G1 style. Percy had a new accessory, that can fit on his back and looked like sine sort of missile launcher

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/1978849_603024199797087_5224819073436592702_n_1422 460131_zpstp483r52.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/1978849_603024199797087_5224819073436592702_n_1422 460131_zpstp483r52.jpg.html)

VERT
29th January 2015, 07:56 AM
Well thats good looking. I just might bite :)

Shirokaze
29th January 2015, 08:14 AM
Well HELLO! :eek:

I take it a full reveal is imminent....

Sinnertwin
29th January 2015, 10:02 AM
Using the MP Bluestreak box on the shelf as a guide, which appears to be a repaint of Prowl's at 28cm, Devastator should come in at 35-38cm tall?

Megatran
29th January 2015, 10:12 AM
I see a life size pretender shell?

prjkt
29th January 2015, 11:13 AM
I see a life size pretender shell?

Brilliant

Initial_G
29th January 2015, 11:30 AM
Nice!, looks huge, hopefully they'll be some proper shots soon, this might be my first official Hasbro purchase in a while, lately it's all been 3P stuff

k.wong23
29th January 2015, 11:30 AM
Looks massive...extremely excited hell yeah!

prjkt
29th January 2015, 11:59 AM
This might just replace Green Giant

ampoldj
29th January 2015, 12:21 PM
Looks like Hasbro wants to match the size of the Third Party Devies...

Chevron Action Flash
29th January 2015, 01:00 PM
where was that leaked photo taken? Trade Fair? NY?

griffin
29th January 2015, 01:25 PM
where was that leaked photo taken? Trade Fair? NY?

It's the European Toyfair, which is the third of the five 2015 Toyfairs. New York is next one in two weeks time... then ours in Melbourne to wrap up the season a couple weeks later.

Hong Kong (for Asia) -- 12-15 January
London (for UK) -- 21-23 January
Nuremberg/Germany (for Europe and Global) -- 28 January - 2 February
New York (for Americas) - 14-17 February
Melbourne (for AUS & NZ) - 3-6 March

Paulbot
29th January 2015, 01:33 PM
A second photo is on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/sneak-peek-part-2-at-generations-devastator-from-nuremberg-toy-fair/32078/), all watermarked and all, but gives a better view of the body.

Looks great.

"I'll pay you $50 to take an exclusive photo at a no photo event (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/bounty-for-clear-high-res-photos-of-combiner-wars-devastator/32077/)" not so great... Even Peter Parker gets more from JJ for those exclusive Spider-Man photos. :p (But seriously way to piss of Hasbro for some page views :rolleyes:)

Sinnertwin
29th January 2015, 02:00 PM
A bounty?

:D

Oh, this is the thread that just keeps on giving

5FDP
29th January 2015, 02:22 PM
It's green and purple so there's a good start. I'll wait until I see more before passing over my $$$.

BigTransformerTrev
29th January 2015, 02:27 PM
From what ya can see from the blurry pic it seems that they are going old school with Scrapper and Mixmaster as the legs and I'm guessing that's Hooks crane boom sticking up from the shoulder

griffin
29th January 2015, 02:42 PM
"I'll pay you $50 to take an exclusive photo at a no photo event (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/bounty-for-clear-high-res-photos-of-combiner-wars-devastator/32077/)" not so great... Even Peter Parker gets more from JJ for those exclusive Spider-Man photos. :p (But seriously way to piss of Hasbro for some page views :rolleyes:)

That's so sad, and wrong... and doesn't help their already tarnished image of not crediting their sources (including two of mine) and filling their News page with endless scrolling of lengthy Dealer advertisements (which are not News).

That could even get them into trouble from Hasbro, but more importantly makes them the laughing stock of other fansites, as it shows desperation to regain some competitive ratings... instead of inspiring fans to voluntarily support that fansite.

If they have an exclusive of something, I'll refer to their site on a News item, but if both Global fansites have it, I'll use TFW as the default, because they have the enforced rule of crediting their sources (like we do).

Zippo
29th January 2015, 02:50 PM
Looks "promising"
Need more solid information

Bidoofdude
29th January 2015, 02:54 PM
I like what I see. :)

Omega Metro
29th January 2015, 03:08 PM
Looks good from a distance. My concern is that it needs to transform into single robots and single vehicles and they are the pics I want to see now before $$$

bassbot
29th January 2015, 03:28 PM
From what the image is I really like what I see.

Thurmus
29th January 2015, 03:30 PM
Looks like good articulation in the ankle.

i_amtrunks
29th January 2015, 03:42 PM
Titan seems an apt name for the size class. Either the guy infront of Devvy is very short or it is impressive in size.

Now bring on a combining Prowl!

UltraMarginal
29th January 2015, 03:52 PM

That's so sad, and wrong... and doesn't help their already tarnished image of not crediting their sources (including two of mine) and filling their News page with endless scrolling of lengthy Dealer advertisements (which are not News).

That could even get them into trouble from Hasbro, but more importantly makes them the laughing stock of other fansites, as it shows desperation to regain some competitive ratings... instead of inspiring fans to voluntarily support that fansite.

If they have an exclusive of something, I'll refer to their site on a News item, but if both Global fansites have it, I'll use TFW as the default, because they have the enforced rule of crediting their sources (like we do).

They really should credit other sites and peoples photos, which they sometimes do, especially after he goes on in their podcasts about other people using his photos.
In this case I get it though, Seibertron is this guys way of making money for his family, I'm guessing that most of that is click traffic, it's not unlike a news paper to actually pay someone for an exclusive photo.
I also have a feeling that the second photo which is the one with the seibertron watermark is probably paid for to some small amount based on the way it's written up.

UltraMarginal
29th January 2015, 03:53 PM
Looks like good articulation in the ankle.

:D:D

I must admit I'm excited.

Robzy
29th January 2015, 04:51 PM
The level of excitement over a blurry pic is remarkable... imagine if it was in focus.

UltraMarginal
29th January 2015, 05:09 PM
yea, it is kind of remarkable, but at the same time, it's an idea of size and shape. Based on comments from the 4 chan poster, which may be just as much smoke up our exhausts, it's fairly heavily G1 inspired.

millhouse
29th January 2015, 05:13 PM
Hmm... I'm about a week away from being in Singapore and possibly finally cracking my resolve to not drop coin on a Giant Type 61.

prjkt
29th January 2015, 05:18 PM
They really should credit other sites and peoples photos, which they sometimes do, especially after he goes on in their podcasts about other people using his photos.
In this case I get it though, Seibertron is this guys way of making money for his family, I'm guessing that most of that is click traffic, it's not unlike a news paper to actually pay someone for an exclusive photo.
I also have a feeling that the second photo which is the one with the seibertron watermark is probably paid for to some small amount based on the way it's written up.

Seems not everyone (https://twitter.com/Peaugh/status/560657101174112257) is happy about this either...

Bidoofdude
29th January 2015, 05:52 PM
Seems not everyone (https://twitter.com/Peaugh/status/560657101174112257) is happy about this either...

Good on Peaugh for upping Seibertron's selfishness.

UltraMarginal
29th January 2015, 05:54 PM
that's pretty funny:)

Bladestorm
29th January 2015, 06:02 PM
I like what I see, not for me, but for my son - for whom Devastator is his favourite combiner ... he's been asking for Dev since seeing an Encore set in one of the toy stores here 2 years ago (he was only 6 at the time). I was going to get him Superion for his birthday, but now I might see when this big boy is hitting the ground.

As for that $50 for a photo...
That's really shady especially as they are offering such a small bounty for exclusive rights to a picture (pap pictures of Transformers? What next!!).
They personally aren't my go-to site... and even more-so now. I suspect if Hasbro catches wind of this they aren't going to be very popular at all.

A second photo is on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/sneak-peek-part-2-at-generations-devastator-from-nuremberg-toy-fair/32078/), all watermarked and all, but gives a better view of the body.

Looks great.

TAAUBlaster
29th January 2015, 06:29 PM
Dev is definately looking promising from these early pics. I'm interested to see how they changed Mixmaster (and if the figure reveals any reason why they change his Devastator leg transformation scheme) I'm usually not interested in the newer lines, but I'm gonna go broke with Combiner Wars at this rate! :p

Trent
29th January 2015, 06:51 PM

Looks great.

Aaaaaannnnnnd that, folks, is why I don't visit Seibertron. I view that place as irrelevant and shadier then the black Forest.

Devy looks kinda cool. Still not stripping naked with excitement just yet.

Gofigure
29th January 2015, 07:09 PM
I like what I see, not for me, but for my son - for whom Devastator is his favourite combiner ... he's been asking for Dev since seeing an Encore set in one of the toy stores here 2 years ago (he was only 6 at the time). I was going to get him Superion for his birthday, but now I might see when this big boy is hitting the ground.

As for that $50 for a photo...
That's really shady especially as they are offering such a small bounty for exclusive rights to a picture (pap pictures of Transformers? What next!!).
They personally aren't my go-to site... and even more-so now. I suspect if Hasbro catches wind of this they aren't going to be very popular at all.

Yep my boy is a huge TF fan too. Devvy will probably make it under the tree this Xmas. Looks fantastic

Sutton
29th January 2015, 09:54 PM
See, I already have Green Giant, Quantron and Intimidator, and they're great, amazing even, but they're just for me. The kids aren't allowed to breathe near them. It's a commitment of time just to sit down and convert them all from one mode to the other, and a real learning curve.

But Hasbro's new combiners are extremely solid and playable. The boys have been playing with the Wave 1 deluxes all day today, and have really enjoyed the fun but simple transformations. They're hanging out for Silverbolt so that they can 'Make Giant Robot'. I've already got Motormaster and friends on order because even though he's won't be anywhere near as cool as Intimidator, it'll be a fun toy I can share with the kids.

I'm thinking this Devastator may just end up in the same boat - simplistic, but very playable and heaps of fun. Bring it on.

CBratron
29th January 2015, 10:29 PM
Cool but i'd be more excited about a Devastator sized to match the other combiners.

SharkyMcShark
29th January 2015, 10:33 PM
Hasbro have just about got me over the line on buying a Superion (probably aiming for the UNITE box set), and I'm open to getting a Devastator despite picking up TFC Herc (which I adore) at Christmas.

Tetsuwan Convoy
29th January 2015, 10:45 PM

Looks great.

Bad form from them, sheesh!

The level of excitement over a blurry pic is remarkable... imagine if it was in focus.
Ha ha ha ha! The internet would explode!

I'm thinking this Devastator may just end up in the same boat - simplistic, but very playable and heaps of fun. Bring it on.
I'd like that as well. Quite hopeful for some nice bots from this lot!

Verno
29th January 2015, 10:57 PM
Even I'm excited about this. I mean, I'm not going to be buying one, but I can understand the excitement.

A foot-and-a-half of Generations-style combiner. Bring on more pics!

AJ_Prime
29th January 2015, 11:49 PM
Even if the figures turn out to be a disappointment, I'm looking forward to seeing the customs on the combined form.

Sinnertwin
30th January 2015, 01:19 AM
Even if the figures turn out to be a disappointment, I'm looking forward to seeing the customs on the combined form.

i was thinking about this today. No doubt there'll be a lot of sculpted details under the simple paint apps. I'm looking forward to them :)

Tober
30th January 2015, 05:32 AM
Update from TFW2005 member Marvelous who attended the event:

I attended the Hasbro booth and can clarify some points.

Devy consists of 6 parts with individual robot modes. He is nearly the same height as Metroplex. It's going to be a TRU exclusive and will be officially revealed at New York toy fair. He is very G1esque and looks great. The only thing that's kind of a bummer, is that the individual robots look a bit upscaled, like the upscaled cyberverse Beast Hunters deluxe figures.
But Devastator is an entirely new mold. He also has his own kind of combining ports as far as I could see.

Also, for the RID show, the Minicons will get a comeback. There was a version of Drift on show, which futures a shooting mechanism for the Minicons. Looks a lot like the Warrior class but is called deployers.

Also there were more platinum sets with G1 reissues/ repaints. One set with Blitzwing and Astrotrain, but with strange color schemes. BW was mostly red,while AT orange and white.
the second set includes Blaster and Perceptor Which seems mostly unchanged from their G1 style. Percy had a new accessory, that can fit on his back and looked like sine sort of missile launcher

Paulbot
30th January 2015, 08:38 AM
It seems like people all over the web are looking at blurry glimpses of the toy (and rumours before that) and trying to decide if they should love it or hate it. You don't have to love it or hate it. If CW Devastator is not absolutely "perfect" to your tastes, it doesn't mean it's "the worst thing Hasbro's ever done". There's a whole spectrum of emotions out there.

From the news filtering out there's things I'd prefer they did differently but so far they've done a lot more right than wrong and I'm looking forward to finding out more.

Trent
30th January 2015, 08:51 AM

i was thinking about this today. No doubt there'll be a lot of sculpted details under the simple paint apps. I'm looking forward to them :)

3rd party add ons for this thing are going to be plentiful as well.

TAAUBlaster
30th January 2015, 08:54 AM
Oh no... My most feared words of Transformers collecting - TRU exclusive...
I really, really hope that piece of info is wrong :(

Chevron Action Flash
30th January 2015, 10:03 AM
Oh no... My most feared words of Transformers collecting - TRU exclusive...
I really, really hope that piece of info is wrong :(

Preach on, sister. TRU exclusive = no chance of finding one.

Bidoofdude
30th January 2015, 10:41 AM
It's a real shame if Astrotrain and Blitzwing go ahead with the orange, red and white schemes. I think they really had an opportunity to make money off of the anime accurate colour scheme on AT.

Devastator seems pretty good to me. If the engineering for each bot is the same as the Combiner Wars deluxes, just upscaled, that's absolutely fine.

Preach on, sister. TRU exclusive = no chance of finding one.

From the looks of their posts, it seems that it may only be a European TRU exclusive, or they could just be talking about MP Bluestreak.

5FDP
30th January 2015, 12:30 PM
It's a real shame if Astrotrain and Blitzwing go ahead with the orange, red and white schemes. I think they really had an opportunity to make money off of the anime accurate colour scheme on AT.

Then watch the price of the eHobby version go down. I'd be all for that.

Gofigure
30th January 2015, 01:09 PM
It seems like people all over the web are looking at blurry glimpses of the toy (and rumours before that) and trying to decide if they should love it or hate it. You don't have to love it or hate it. If CW Devastator is not absolutely "perfect" to your tastes, it doesn't mean it's "the worst thing Hasbro's ever done". There's a whole spectrum of emotions out there.

From the news filtering out there's things I'd prefer they did differently but so far they've done a lot more right than wrong and I'm looking forward to finding out more.

100% agree. We are getting a G1 accurate Devvy. There should be rejoicing IMHO. That's great news. He's big, he's faithful, and he's coming to retail shelves!

I'm buying him for my 6 year old and I will eventually get green giant for my own collecting tastes. It's all win

liegeprime
30th January 2015, 01:13 PM
So Titan class is what size? Sorry but Im still used to the old sizing..... Titan would be Metroplex size? or Just Omega Supreme size ( which is Supreme class)?

prjkt
30th January 2015, 01:19 PM
Titan is a price class, not size

Well maybe box size

UltraMarginal
30th January 2015, 02:45 PM
The report linked above on TFW implies that Devastator will be about as tall as Metroplex

Bidoofdude
30th January 2015, 03:26 PM
The report linked above on TFW implies that Devastator will be about as tall as Metroplex

I think so, if not a little bit shorter. I believe that's what the OP said.

griffin
30th January 2015, 03:43 PM
Hasbro should learn from this Combiner Devastator for future toy release marketing.
Look at all the free publicity it is getting from a blurred photo and vague descriptions, and all the attention from interpretations and speculations.
Devastator wouldn't have had this level of interest if official images were suddenly released with a press-release, like it will be at the American Toyfair in a couple weeks time. The toy would have had 3-4 days of coverage, if that, on the fansites, as the attention would be split among all the other new toys that will be unveiled at the American Toyfair (other Combiners, new RID toys, RID cartoon info, and various toy exclusives). Instead, fans on various sites have been talking about this mythical toy for weeks now... and the traffic in those topics is greater than an official reveal news topic.

This is how some movies do their viral marketing campaigns... "leaking" or teasing info, sometimes hidden in official promotional material, that gets people more attached emotionally to the thing because they are processing it more in their brain, investing their time and attention into it, to be the first to figure out the mystery.

prjkt
30th January 2015, 03:55 PM
I'm wondering if indeed that is the case, this "blurry" photo is somehow official, just to build hype?

drifand
30th January 2015, 05:28 PM

Guess I may sit this one out, as I wont have space to display him.

Zommael
30th January 2015, 05:45 PM
Titan is a price class, not size

Well maybe box size

I'm not sure what you mean by this, and it's bugging me. Technically, ALL of the classes we're used to are price classes, not size. That's why deluxes are slightly smaller now than they used to be. There's only been one release so far in the Titan class, and that's Metroplex, so how can you make any assessment of price versus size? If we look at the next two classes down, Supreme and Leader, there's a little variation in size but not a great amount (with Ultimate appearing to be the midpoint of the two) over the years. I simply don't see how you can think that Titan means anything other than a really big toy. :confused:

MayzaPrime
30th January 2015, 08:01 PM
Hasbro should learn from this Combiner Devastator for future toy release marketing.
Look at all the free publicity it is getting from a blurred photo and vague descriptions, and all the attention from interpretations and speculations.
Devastator wouldn't have had this level of interest if official images were suddenly released with a press-release, like it will be at the American Toyfair in a couple weeks time. The toy would have had 3-4 days of coverage, if that, on the fansites, as the attention would be split among all the other new toys that will be unveiled at the American Toyfair (other Combiners, new RID toys, RID cartoon info, and various toy exclusives). Instead, fans on various sites have been talking about this mythical toy for weeks now... and the traffic in those topics is greater than an official reveal news topic.

This is how some movies do their viral marketing campaigns... "leaking" or teasing info, sometimes hidden in official promotional material, that gets people more attached emotionally to the thing because they are processing it more in their brain, investing their time and attention into it, to be the first to figure out the mystery.

Its marketing 101... :confused: :confused: :confused:

canofwhoopass_87
30th January 2015, 08:42 PM
This is the best thing that's happened to G1 fans since the 80's. A gigantic, big ass, G1 inspired Devastator :D:D:D

The only disappointing thing I can think of at this stage is the fact that the other combiners aren't nearly as big!

drifand
30th January 2015, 11:19 PM
You would worry about the price if it's tru exclusive . Will be hitting above $200 easily

philby
30th January 2015, 11:55 PM
sweet! starting to get more excited now :)
I've been really tempted by green giant, hopefully this will be a pretty decent official effort :)

Sinnertwin
2nd February 2015, 07:25 PM
http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/Screenshot_2015-02-02-19-23-43-1_zps886d0b2e.png (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/Screenshot_2015-02-02-19-23-43-1_zps886d0b2e.png.html)

From Allspark.com (http://www.allspark.com/content/2015/02/first-clear-photo-of-combiner-wars-devastator/)

SharkyMcShark
2nd February 2015, 07:34 PM
Eh. Proportions look a bit off (arms and head small, and I feel the torso could be more V shaped).

Prefer the look of TFC Herc and Maketoys GG but then I suppose you're getting into the boutique third party combiner v mass produced Hasbro piece debate.

Starscream77
2nd February 2015, 07:36 PM

Looks like he downed a few too many schooners

Seraphim Prime
2nd February 2015, 07:42 PM
Wow!

That looks gorgeous.

And here I thought that Giant couldn't be outdone in terms of being the Devastator I wanted as a kid.

That's nigh on perfect.

Firestorm
2nd February 2015, 07:43 PM
as someone who isn't that big a fan of the constructicons I have to say, that looks GORGEOUS. definitely buying it.

guess Hasbro just lost their biggest reveal of the year though :/

prjkt
2nd February 2015, 07:49 PM
I don't mind that at all.... Damn my wallet is going to suffer this year

Handsprime
2nd February 2015, 07:54 PM
The right hand is getting me at the moment :confused:

Ode to a Grasshopper
2nd February 2015, 08:11 PM
Meh.
Too big for what I want, and it really does look very basic to boot.

Hope those who like it enjoy it though, and I do appreciate the thought/effort from HasTakTom.

Bidoofdude
2nd February 2015, 08:16 PM
He's not bad. The head could do with a bit more bulk (unless it's obscured by the black background). My only complaint would probably be that Mixmaster's cab (what appears to be it) looks kind of weird. I have a feeling that it's false or mistransformed. Scrapper actually looks to be really articulated.

Lord_Zed
2nd February 2015, 08:21 PM
It's no 3rd party level combiner, but all in all seems a decent effort for Hasbro.

I wonder how stable he will be?

Omega Metro
2nd February 2015, 08:24 PM
Not bad. But not good either. :confused:

Bidoofdude
2nd February 2015, 08:25 PM
It's no 3rd party level combiner, but all in all seems a decent effort for Hasbro.

I wonder how stable he will be?

If I recall correctly, it should be glued together like Superion and Menasor were at Botcon (was it Botcon?) last year. I remember someone mentioning that, at least for the HK fair.

philby
2nd February 2015, 08:26 PM
Awesome!!

Deonasis
2nd February 2015, 08:37 PM
I think Mixmasters real cab is up facing into the knee.

GoktimusPrime
2nd February 2015, 09:25 PM
Hook's happy. ;)

Before we pre-emptively criticise the engineering behind this toy, keep in mind the following points:
* Each figure transforms from a vehicle to articulated robot
* The gestalt parts are probably self contained, and this is based on a G1 toy which was substantially reliant on accessories to form the gestalt robot (moreso than most other G1 gestalts)
* And as has been mentioned, this is a mass-produced toy that needs to conform to a set budget and price point

Combining is a gimmick, and with any gimmick, there are invariably going to be compromises made to the toy -- the more invasive the gimmick, the greater the compromise. But I find the key to a good and bad gimmicked toy lies in how well the rest of the toy is designed around the core gimmick. It depends on whether the pros outweigh the cons or not (as with any toy, really :)). Time will tell.

doublespy
2nd February 2015, 09:27 PM
I thought the titan class size would put me off. But hell that look fantastic! Really like the kind of cartoon accuracy in the simplicity~

Bidoofdude
2nd February 2015, 09:35 PM
Hook's happy. ;)

Before we pre-emptively criticise the engineering behind this toy, keep in mind the following points:
* Each figure transforms from a vehicle to articulated robot
* The gestalt parts are probably self contained, and this is based on a G1 toy which was substantially reliant on accessories to form the gestalt robot (moreso than most other G1 gestalts)
* And as has been mentioned, this is a mass-produced toy that needs to conform to a set budget and price point

Combining is a gimmick, and with any gimmick, there are invariably going to be compromises made to the toy -- the more invasive the gimmick, the greater the compromise. But I find the key to a good and bad gimmicked toy lies in how well the rest of the toy is designed around the core gimmick. It depends on whether the pros outweigh the cons or not (as with any toy, really :)). Time will tell.

Not to mention that this is a prototype and is glued together.

griffin
2nd February 2015, 09:38 PM
Source?
(always credit a source, so that we don't get into trouble from the source, or from Hasbro if they think we are the source)

Lint
2nd February 2015, 09:41 PM
I really hope the individual modes shine because all I see so far is an upscaled G1 toy that has succeeded in looking just as awkward as the original. The only real improvement I can see is that they've eliminated that hip piece by making Long Haul do upper thighs as well as lower torso.

Also it appears they've sacrificed a lot of the vehicle mode playability (with exception of Scrapper who appears to have become more real world accurate!) to achieve some combiner articulation. I'm not sure if the sacrifice was worth the payoff. One thing I was a big fan of with the G1 figures is that their alt modes were very decent construction vehicle toys in their own right.

Sinnertwin
2nd February 2015, 10:27 PM
Source?
(always credit a source, so that we don't get into trouble from the source, or from Hasbro if they think we are the source)

My apologies :o the original post has been amended.

Shirokaze
2nd February 2015, 10:27 PM
8/10, will buy. I'm sure he'll look passable once it's finished and posed properly. :)

CBratron
2nd February 2015, 10:47 PM
Maybe I've just been spoilt by 3rd party but this not what I was looking for.
Damn good effort when you consider this will be half the price and twice the size of Giant.

Still would've preferred this Devastator stand at the same height as the other combiners, maybe 6 deluxes. I just hope the extra size and price point means this can accommodate a Prowlestator config.

doublespy
3rd February 2015, 12:08 AM
The only reason I can think of for the head being so small is it needs to be integrated into Hook.
Also looking at the treads, I can't see Scavenger and Bonecrusher's knee joints...

drifand
3rd February 2015, 12:45 AM
Mix master looks off on the feet?
I do agree, proportion looks slightly out.

Bladestorm
3rd February 2015, 01:07 AM
Whilst I'm not personally a fan of the Constructicons I have a son who will be desperately begging for this toy.
Since experiencing the fun of the giant Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (after being a massive skeptic of the "simplified" toys) I don't mind if this isn't as technically complex as long as each component is fun to play with and combines properly. As a Transformers fan I like the G1-ish feel, as a mum I LOVE the idea of a big chunky Devistator my son can finally call his own. If this guy doesn't help balance out the Decepticon cause nothing will!

Doubledealer
3rd February 2015, 01:24 AM
I think it's easy to criticize when there's just one photo with Devastator in a terrible pose and suspect lighting. First shots of Superion and Menasor were also a bit average but in-hand Superion looks amazing and Menasor is looking better and better as more pics are released. Personally I couldn't be more excited about this guy coming out, what an awesome time to be a Transformers fan!!

drifand
3rd February 2015, 10:49 AM
That's only natural we give opinions on what we see. I may get it if the price is right, but if its TRU exclusive I don't think it will be. And if that's so then the third party may be the better piece after all.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd February 2015, 11:10 AM
Looks OK. He has his knees in his thighs though, but considering the design, I guess that's the way it has to be. I suspect the balance will be awful with them up there though.

Sceptical, but would love to see more about this guy!!

Chevron Action Flash
3rd February 2015, 12:01 PM
The more I look at this, the more I like it. Shame it was posed by a total f-tard.

Robzy
3rd February 2015, 12:22 PM
Reserving judgement for more pics...

griffin
3rd February 2015, 04:41 PM
The more I look at this, the more I like it. Shame it was posed by a total f-tard.

It's likely to be a prototype that is glued together from pre-production parts, so posing is impossible.

Toyfairs are promoting advance products, so often prototypes will be on display of items that are more than three months away.
Metroplex in 2013 was a prototype that was so fragile, Hasbro America couldn't risk sending it here to the Australian Toyfair (so they had to use a full-size cardboard cut-out.
Devastator in 2009 was also a fragile prototype that came apart during the Australian Toyfair (and glued back together).

kup
3rd February 2015, 05:25 PM
Yeah needs more pics and info before anything can be said.

Samtron
3rd February 2015, 08:26 PM
I don't care so much about the price just as long as it's not yet another TRU exclusive, seeing as how my home state is completely and utterly devoid of a single TRU store :(

prjkt
3rd February 2015, 10:04 PM
Most things I've seen recently that are stated as a TRU Exlusive refer to TRU America ONLY. Almost all the TRU US only releases I've seen shelf warming at Myer

Alpha Supreme
4th February 2015, 11:17 AM
I think this figure is going to be awesome! Can't wait to get more info from Toy Fair. Really looking forward to seeing the individual bot modes.

drifand
5th February 2015, 04:16 PM
I think this figure is going to be awesome! Can't wait to get more info from Toy Fair. Really looking forward to seeing the individual bot modes.

For me, it looks okay from these pics, I cannot say I have the same wow factor as Metroplex Titans.

There are no rubber wheels and I don't expect it either.

Lint
6th February 2015, 11:45 AM
...I cannot say I have the same wow factor as Metroplex Titans.

Probably because it was a relative surprise given that H/TT had not released anything (new) close to this size in yonks and it didn't really line up too well in timing with the FoC game which is was the most recent thing where Metroplex was heavily featured (and borrows all its sounds from).

With Devy we've had the combiner wars toyline act as a lead up to him.

Anyway still hope this guy gets a wide release. We haven't seen new constructions in earnest for a very long time now.

Tfiguy
6th February 2015, 12:40 PM
Has it got solid plastic hands? Looks damn fine but!

Otter
12th February 2015, 09:37 PM
Kinda underwhelmed so far.

Of course, I did just get Green Giant a few months ago, having no idea this was coming. Maybe it's sour grapes.

I can't help but think I'd like to see Fans Toys take a crack at it. Dinobot team, Insecticon team... why not a combining, MP-scaled Constructicons team?

Akky82
12th February 2015, 09:43 PM
Kinda underwhelmed so far.

Of course, I did just get Green Giant a few months ago, having no idea this was coming. Maybe it's sour grapes.

I can't help but think I'd like to see Fans Toys take a crack at it. Dinobot team, Insecticon team... why not a combining, MP-scaled Constructicons team?

Same to me, I was glad with combiner wars being cheaper option for gestalts, stopping me from getting 3p ones (still after ordin though), but so far looks like giant might be back on the cards.

Also, the thought of a fanstoys combiner makes my wallet cringe, cos it knows I cant resist their goddness. Can only dream...

Trent
13th February 2015, 09:23 AM
Is toyfair this weekend/early next week?

Tober
13th February 2015, 10:14 AM
Yeah, 14-17 Feb.

drifand
13th February 2015, 10:38 AM
We will get more info then. This could have been a masterpiece if they wanted to do it.

liegeprime
14th February 2015, 03:03 AM
With all the posts on facebook (including that from TFsource - a more clearer pic of the CW Devy (sold as a set apparently), I now get it why the Mixmaster footpart was small, they flipped the way he attaches to the torso. It's now the cab part that attaches instead of the rear barrel part of the vehicle form. :D:)

Cat
14th February 2015, 03:13 AM
Biggest official pic we have so far is here, along with the product description, which confirms it's 6 Voyager figs. http://www.allspark.com/content/2015/02/behold-devastator-new-pic-and-product-description-inside/

If you want a look at his packaging, that would be visible on this pic, shown at the Hasbro investor event. http://www.allspark.com/content/2015/02/first-official-photo-of-combiner-wars-devastator/

Enjoy. My inner child is screaming at the sight of it.

liegeprime
14th February 2015, 03:23 AM
Biggest official pic we have so far is here, along with the product description, which confirms it's 6 Voyager figs. http://www.allspark.com/content/2015/02/behold-devastator-new-pic-and-product-description-inside/

If you want a look at his packaging, that would be visible on this pic, shown at the Hasbro investor event. http://www.allspark.com/content/2015/02/first-official-photo-of-combiner-wars-devastator/

Yep that's the picture that's been proliferating the different Facebook TF groups I'm with. Everyone's comments are mostly, concern that it's going to be expensive as, since it's sold as a set....I, on the other hand, just wanted to get a good look and noticed the altered attachment they made for Mixmaster coz it was bugging me hahahah. But having understood now how it goes, I'm okay with it and if it was sold as a set well, I'm ok with that too. I wonder what Takara will come up with to improve the figure though? The Hasbro one would be plain as from the looks of it. Chrome purple parts would be nice :D

There's been comments that it's going to be around 18 inches tall as well, that makes him bigger than Platinum Omega which I was planning to match him up with :( oh well...it could've been worse hahahah- at least not as big as Metroplex as was previously speculated.... still waiting for a Generations Trypticon for him....

Nevac
14th February 2015, 06:30 AM
As someone that only buys MP's, I'd actually get this guy if he were to come out here. He looks pretty decent now the question is do I get the Hasbro one when he comes out or wait for a Takara offering?

Defcon
14th February 2015, 08:10 AM
I'll probably settle to buy the Hasbro version locally, Takara might do a few things different, but the shipping will make it a bit more expensive. For Metroplex It was a local purchase, but for Devastator I may feel differently.

Shirokaze
14th February 2015, 08:13 AM
Looking pretty sharp IMO! Definitely better now that he seems complete, but that tiny head and foot/Mixmaster still bothers me. 3rd parties you know what to do! :cool:

drifand
14th February 2015, 08:19 AM

Welcome back Cat

drifand
14th February 2015, 08:21 AM
Looking pretty sharp IMO! Definitely better now that he seems complete, but that tiny head and foot/Mixmaster still bothers me. 3rd parties you know what to do! :cool:

I can see why now the mix master leg was different but it is ok to me.

$150 us, not going to be cheap as metropole here.

philby
14th February 2015, 08:25 AM
i like it! :)

Bidoofdude
14th February 2015, 08:44 AM
Really awesome. The head looks much better in the promo pics.

Paulbot
14th February 2015, 09:01 AM
Official pic looks great. Can't wait for this.

TAAUBlaster
14th February 2015, 09:15 AM
Wow, that pic makes him look so much better!

Sinnertwin
14th February 2015, 09:23 AM

Well, hello there! :) & on Valentines Day too. Feelin' the love, feelin' the love :p

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/Transformers-Toy-Fair-2015-TFW2005-78_1423835639_zps59c42d1d.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/Transformers-Toy-Fair-2015-TFW2005-78_1423835639_zps59c42d1d.jpg.html)

If you look at the box art of the 6 individual Constructicons, you'll notice that Mixmaster is slightly different from it's traditional design in regards to his mixing drum & Devastator configuration

crankcase76
14th February 2015, 09:42 AM
Still looks good though, looks like i'm looking for more shelving to accomodate these guys.:rolleyes: All we need now is a release date here in Oz?

Jinto
14th February 2015, 09:50 AM
Looks like Reprolabels have a big job ahead of them. I like the look of combined mode a lot but need more pics before I can get excited for the individual Constructions.

Interestingly, it looks like Mixmaster has a false cab/foot. You can see the real vehicle front is up at Devy's knee. This means the foot section must swing back underneath the truck in vehicle mode. Doesn't look like that leaves a lot of room for robot parts... :confused:

BigTransformerTrev
14th February 2015, 10:34 AM
Holy freakin crap! :eek: I'm buying 2!

Stug
14th February 2015, 11:20 AM
Definitely need to get my hands on this! :D keen to see the individual figures, but as I'm only going to display him combined, they won't be deal breakers.

Interestingly, it looks like Mixmaster has a false cab/foot. You can see the real vehicle front is up at Devy's knee. This means the foot section must swing back underneath the truck in vehicle mode. Doesn't look like that leaves a lot of room for robot parts... :confused:

Mixmaster now looks like a front load, front discharge truck with his drum 180 degrees from his traditional rear load and discharge. The foot is probably the mixer motor unit and if so would fold down perpendicular to be carried canter levered off the back of the truck... I hope; that way there's still plenty of room for robot bits and maybe the alt mode is closer in scale to the others (I always felt Mixmaster was big as a truck compared to his team mates)

Omega Metro
14th February 2015, 11:34 AM
That's sexy! Will definately get!

canofwhoopass_87
14th February 2015, 03:34 PM
Oh that is so cool man. And to think, so many of us were convinced that Hasbro were incapable of doing something like this (in reference to 3P combiners)

This is epic on so many levels, and as a G1 fan this is a definite purchase for me. Nice work Hasbro!

Robzy
14th February 2015, 05:40 PM
Looks better with every pic.

xlojnr
14th February 2015, 10:04 PM
this has convinced me to buy hasbro's superion for my nephew, so that I can get this for him when it's released and he can start a combiners collection!

#raisingkidsright

GoktimusPrime
14th February 2015, 10:17 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/kup_devastator_zpse9bb0c44.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_meme_shutuptakemoney_zps76ac2e92.jpg

Akky82
14th February 2015, 10:26 PM
Looks better with every pic.

Yep, I retract my previous opinion and colour myself interested.

ampoldj
14th February 2015, 11:35 PM
Can't wait for the actual product :D

reillyd
14th February 2015, 11:44 PM
this has convinced me to buy hasbro's superion for my nephew, so that I can get this for him when it's released and he can start a combiners collection!

#raisingkidsright

Superion is a gateway drug, i tells ya!

Ode to a Grasshopper
15th February 2015, 01:33 PM
New pics have them looking pretty good, especially the individual modes. Long Haul's stumpy robot mode is pretty funny, Scrapper seems to lack an elbow joint, and it's a shame that Scavenger doesn't seem to have an alt-mode rotating joint, but all in all it's a really impressive feat from Hasbro.
I'd be getting a set, but they're just too big for me.

canofwhoopass_87
15th February 2015, 01:47 PM
Individual constructicon bot pics up on TFW2005

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/combiner-wars-devastator-official-images-182106/

SharkyMcShark
15th February 2015, 02:41 PM
Bonecrusher: Actually doesn't look badly engineered - ankle tilts are a bonus. Can't stand the green treats but that's purely an aesthetic concession made for Devastator mode I'd imagine.

Hook: Those elbows don't look like they'll be much fun long term.

Long Haul: My life is pain.

Mixmaster: Actually looks really good in both modes. Loses no points as far as I'm concerned for having non G1 alt mode and robot mode head.

Scavenger: Assuming those shoulders can move backwards and forwards I'm impressed.

Scrapper: No elbows is unforgivable in 2015, which is a shame because the rest of it looks nice enough.

Paulbot
15th February 2015, 02:46 PM
Those arms need to be an ankle for a very big robot. That's forgivable.

Bidoofdude
15th February 2015, 03:04 PM
My reaction to Long Haul's robot mode (viewer discretion advised- language): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIyvfRYef8

DELTAprime
15th February 2015, 03:58 PM
I love it except for Mixmaster. He looks like he was designed by someone that was high, drunk and blind.:(

Bidoofdude
15th February 2015, 07:27 PM
Is anyone planning to remake this scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-1e301H_Y) (remaster essentially) done by AlphaTrikma about 6 years ago with the new Devastator? We now have a Megatron, Insecticons, Arcee and Springer from Generations, as well as all the other characters. I might do it myself, but I'm planning to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R9jahKxojs

Jetfire in the sky
15th February 2015, 07:36 PM
I love it except for Mixmaster. He looks like he was designed by someone that was high, drunk and blind.:(

Hmmm, I don't........recall, designing any Transformers lately :p

Omega Metro
15th February 2015, 07:36 PM
Individual bots are good, except Long Haul and Mixmasters alt mode. But I'm happy that these are voyagers and combine and have individual robot modes and alt modes.😀

Lord_Zed
15th February 2015, 08:24 PM
Digging the G1 look of the bot modes, however the articulation on most of the figures looks quite limited, so not sure they'd be much fun to pose.

Hursticon
15th February 2015, 08:30 PM
Combiner Wars/Generations: Titan Class - "Constructicon" Devastator

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B92-JKSCcAEQBa7.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B92-JKSCcAEQBa7.jpg:large)

Titan Devastator I'm in two-minds with; On one hand it's GREAT to finally see an Official modern attempt at the G1 Constructicons on the other hand though I just cannot shake the feeling that these guys were scaled-up at the CAD stage purely to achieve that "Largest Combiner Toy EVER!" marketing point. :rolleyes:
The figures comprising Devastator: Hook, Scrapper, Longhaul, Scavenger, Bonecrusher and Mixmaster, ALL look to be compromised more than what they should've been. :o
They look like they may of been designed/engineered just after FoC Bruticus & Co had been completed, appearing to of had a lot of weight reduction and other budgetary impacts on the molds.
They're in this weird place where they homage the G1 toys to a degree where I can't decide if it's "touching" or "detrimental".
I HAVE to imagine that when toys get to a certain size, US toy laws dictates they can't exceed a certain weight, as these Voyager-come Titan figures are likely to be sizeable and if they/it fell on a kid they'd likely do some damage, so I wonder if this set is a victim of safety concerns as much as it is budgetary and marketing? :confused:
My only REAL gripes with any of the CW/Gens Constructicons are the elbow joints of a number of the figures, purely because they look fragile; aesthetically I'm not really bothered by them at all but it's their structural strength that worries me (Since dismissed by the reality that said joint are HUGE! :eek:), beyond that they're all rather ok, though Mixmaster looks like he's "The Backwards Man (http://youtu.be/_p_x9IN6894)". :P
The individual head sculpts of each of the CW/Gens Constructicons are absolutely friggin' amazing, even Devastators - I applaud that artist! :D:cool:, their Alt modes all look fantastic too & MAY be reason enough to make them worth picking up, even if one already owns a 3rd Party set of Constructicons, for display alone! :eek:

Combiner Wars/Generations: Voyager Class - Scrapper

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B927WNnCIAIxiOG.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B927WNnCIAIxiOG.jpg:large) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B927WM2CYAEvL2R.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B927WM2CYAEvL2R.jpg:large)

Scrapper is my FAVE of these new toys, even sans elbows, he looks like the G1 toy to a good degree!

Combiner Wars/Generations: Voyager Class - Scavenger

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B927slUCcAE_pSj.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B927slUCcAE_pSj.jpg:large) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B927shOCcAEwhB0.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B927shOCcAEwhB0.jpg:large)

Scavenger looks alright too, but those (Not so) tiny ball joint stems could be very troublesome over time - Have to wait and see...

Combiner Wars/Generations: Voyager Class - Mixmaster

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B928RbTCYAAf9db.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B928RbTCYAAf9db.jpg:large) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B928RTzCYAE0Z9k.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B928RTzCYAE0Z9k.jpg:large)

Mixmaster looks to have some substantive back kibble going on, his elbows look safer but not perfect.

Combiner Wars/Generations: Voyager Class - Longhaul

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B928o2pCYAAAAjP.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B928o2pCYAAAAjP.jpg:large) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B928oy5CcAAD5g9.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B928oy5CcAAD5g9.jpg:large)

Longhaul looks like he's built "Tonka-Tough", but then you see the plastic above HIS elbows & wonder...

Combiner Wars/Generations: Voyager Class - Hook

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B929CmfCUAAZxji.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B929CmfCUAAZxji.jpg:large) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B929CmcCAAALi7H.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B929CmcCAAALi7H.jpg:large)

Hook looks REALLY good in both modes, but again, his elbows also look problematic - time will tell here too...

Combiner Wars/Generations: Voyager Class - Bonecrusher

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B929rJpCMAAc6ez.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B929rJpCMAAc6ez.jpg:large) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B929rFtCYAEskCs.jpg (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B929rFtCYAEskCs.jpg:large)

Bonecrusher looks to of come out on top of the pack, hopefully his shin-slides will stand up to plenty of use though.

I REALLY want to see these figures and their combined form in-person to be honest, I think that'd give many a better grasp of it and though the development of these figures may be marred by compromisation, arriving from the period in which they were developed and marketing and child-safety etc, the Main Event in Devastator is a spectacular accomplishment for Transformers as a brand and I applaud both Hasbro & TakaraTomy for their amazing efforts! ;):cool:

...especially when you factor this in! :D

(Picture courtesy of Unicron.com (http://www.unicron.com/), @GeneralTekno (https://twitter.com/GeneralTekno) & @Vangelus (https://twitter.com/Vangelus))
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B93c8diCYAAUjbJ.jpg:large

CBratron
15th February 2015, 08:45 PM
So which end is the front of Mixmaster's alt mode?:confused:

For the most part this is G1 Devastator with modern articulation, even if their robot modes have suffered to make a better Devastator. I'm okay with this. Doesn't mean I want to buy this.

canofwhoopass_87
15th February 2015, 09:01 PM
The individual head sculpts of each of the CW/Gens Constructicons are absolutely friggin' amazing, even Devastators - I applaud that artist!:

You said it Hursti! Agree with you 110%.

The head sculpts are fantastic on so many levels

Bidoofdude
15th February 2015, 09:11 PM
So which end is the front of Mixmaster's alt mode?:confused:

For the most part this is G1 Devastator with modern articulation, even if their robot modes have suffered to make a better Devastator. I'm okay with this. Doesn't mean I want to buy this.

His main alt mode appears to be the front loading one, which is different to the G1 toy. However, the foot/cab thing looks to just be on the other end, so it looks like you could just turn it around to make the classic cement mixer version.

spiderken17
15th February 2015, 09:26 PM
It is very G1 in its aesthetic, obviously compromises have been made to the individual bot modes for the benefit of the combined mode, probably moreso than the other combiners. It is still very impressive for a mass produced "toy" and really, who is going to have them in individual bot mode?.....anyone :)

Bidoofdude
15th February 2015, 09:48 PM
It is very G1 in its aesthetic, obviously compromises have been made to the individual bot modes for the benefit of the combined mode, probably moreso than the other combiners. It is still very impressive for a mass produced "toy" and really, who is going to have them in individual bot mode?.....anyone :)

I'm considering it. They're incredibly accurate. Combined mode looks pretty freakin' sweet though.

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2015, 09:55 PM
I would play with them in individual bot mode (as well as combined gestalt mode), but I would store/display them in combined mode cos yeah... shelf space. :p

Lint
15th February 2015, 09:57 PM
Scavenger and Bonecrusher are quite nice. The rest have their various failings ending with Long Haul who undisputedly got the short end of the stick in bot mode. I was really hoping that the voyager class size was going to mean decent individual modes. Unfortunately the bar for voyager class figures has generally been pretty low and these guys aren't anywhere near pushing the envelope.

I hope these guys have more redeeming features than simply making a pretty statue (ultimate G1 accuracy! :p).

5FDP
16th February 2015, 08:52 AM
I'm not worried about the individual bot modes mainly because I'm gonna be displaying this BEAST in combined form :cool: :cool: :cool:

Dinkydarth
16th February 2015, 08:57 AM
combined and alt modes and face sculpts look good. But the individual robot modes look like upscaled scout class figures... so many empty spaces- just looks cheaply made and not up to voyager's standards....

How much do people reckon it'll retail for?

Trent
16th February 2015, 10:12 AM
combined and alt modes and face sculpts look good. But the individual robot modes look like upscaled scout class figures... so many empty spaces- just looks cheaply made and not up to voyager's standards....

How much do people reckon it'll retail for?

Considering it's a Titan classed figure, one would assume it'd be the same price as Metroplex.

Paulbot
16th February 2015, 10:30 AM
It'd be great if each Constructicon was a triple changer on a par with Springer but that isn't what they set out to make. This is a Titan class toy that splits into six toys that are Voyager sized. I think the use of the 'Voyager' term is raising people's expectations.

They designed one big robot that can become six little robots that also turn into vehicles. To do this the one big robot is still more complex than the previous Titan class Metroplex while retailing for not much more. They've done a very good job with what their design budget allowed but there was going to have to be compromises.

Lint
16th February 2015, 11:24 AM
I'm not worried about the individual bot modes mainly because I'm gonna be displaying this BEAST in combined form :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'd say "stick to the Palisades statue (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/toys/images/128372-1/06.JPG) then" but that thing of beauty goes for crazy money and this Titan class figure isn't going to change that much :p

Magnus
16th February 2015, 11:39 AM
Looks good, although I must admit to being somewhat confused by Mixmaster's cement mixer mode. I didn't know that front-end-loading cement mixers existed.

I suspect that Scrapper, Mixmaster and Long Haul are 'simple' because they have to support Devastator's weight - if they're too complex, then their joints could buckle under the combined weight. This is probably one of the reasons why RotF Supreme Devastator didn't have individually transforming vehicles. That's probably also why Scavenger and Hook have hollow-looking limbs, to save weight, but that could also just be the way they transform.

If the individual robots are too complex, we'd have a situation where if this thing topples over, it could fly apart or shatter into a lot more than six pieces.

Lord_Zed
16th February 2015, 12:15 PM
therein lies the problem though, this is a big toy that like Metroplex is largely big for the sake of being big. Not because any of it's features warrant it. The component Constructicons have all been simplified to allow it to be really big, which is kind of cool, except at the same time the bigger the toy the more obvious the flaws look too.

In a way a smaller Devestator might have been nice, but if you go to the toy isle these days there are so many large scaled up toys, giant Star Wars figures with basic articulation, and stripped down giant vehicles, so that's the current trend.

It's kind of like when you compare Generation Metroplex to G1 Fort Max, or MP 01. Fort Max and MP 01 are full of gimmicks that justify their size, Gen Metroplex's size is his gimmick. As this toy is also Titan class I'm guessing this will be the same.

drifand
16th February 2015, 12:48 PM
Looks good, although I must admit to being somewhat confused by Mixmaster's cement mixer mode. I didn't know that front-end-loading cement mixers existed.

If the individual robots are too complex, we'd have a situation where if this thing topples over, it could fly apart or shatter into a lot more than six pieces.

Same, I had never seen a front end mixer before. The thing I don't like is that in combined mode, Mix masters feet from the rear end is trying to be like a front end with windows? (I know, I am being picky here)

drifand
16th February 2015, 12:49 PM
http://thumbs2.picclick.com/d/w1600/pict/130428195049_/OSH-KOSH-CONCRETE-TRUCK-OSHKOSH-FRONT-DISCHARGE-CEMENT.jpg

guess that's how it looks like.

ampoldj
16th February 2015, 12:49 PM
Considering it's a Titan classed figure, one would assume it'd be the same price as Metroplex.

Or maybe more than $200 :eek:

drifand
16th February 2015, 12:53 PM

If TRU, not surprising.

Paulbot
16th February 2015, 12:58 PM
This won't be a TRU exclusive. That rumour about the US release hasn't been backed up anywhere else to my knowledge. They'll show this at the Australian Toyfair and I have no doubt that one or more of Big W, Target and Kmart will pick it up for their mid year toy sales.

drifand
16th February 2015, 02:38 PM
Wonder if there is a TT version?

UltraMarginal
16th February 2015, 02:50 PM
props to Hasbro for finding a backwards looking truck to support their design requirements:

http://www.truckinginfo.com/fc_images/news/Terex-Mixer-Truck-Photo.jpg

I never knew these existed, not as good as the picture Paulbot put up on the twitters but gets the idea across.

It makes sense that the combiner limbs especially are as light as possible, it makes the strength requirements on the connectors lower allowing for more movement flexibility and reducing material costs.

ampoldj
16th February 2015, 03:07 PM
props to Hasbro for finding a backwards looking truck to support their design requirements:

I never knew these existed, not as good as the picture Paulbot put up on the twitters but gets the idea across.

It makes sense that the combiner limbs especially are as light as possible, it makes the strength requirements on the connectors lower allowing for more movement flexibility and reducing material costs.

Oooh now i can get a good night sleep:rolleyes:

Thanks UltraMarginal

Thurmus
16th February 2015, 03:15 PM
Steve Austin used one of these trucks to fill Vince McMahon's car with cement at a WWF RAW show.

CBratron
16th February 2015, 03:31 PM
Wow, I'm old. For me, Steve Austin was always a former astronaut.
http://images.popmatters.com/news_art/s/sixmillion-splsh.jpg

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2015, 03:43 PM
Hin-nininininininini! :p

liegeprime
16th February 2015, 08:57 PM

This is what I found googling

at first I thought they flipped Mixmasters connection but when I had a closer look and saw the pics of the Toyfair... well I had to google it..:D:p so yeah me too, never knew such a vehicle existed..

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/10991390_10152826882318075_7883462225649690608_n_z ps0cb3e963.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime/media/10991390_10152826882318075_7883462225649690608_n_z ps0cb3e963.jpg.html)

Thurmus
16th February 2015, 09:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1BdubTqJu4

I am so used to listening to his podcast I forgot to call him Stone Cold.

canofwhoopass_87
16th February 2015, 11:14 PM

If TRU, not surprising.

You'd be paying double or triple the price for a 3rd party not-devastator, so I'll gladly pay $200 for something as enormous as this. The G1 homage and the fact that it's an official product just makes it all the more sweet.

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2015, 09:12 PM
I'd be (very pleasantly) surprised if this toy sold here for $200, as it would work out to be approx. $33.35 per Voyager; slightly above the RRP for a Deluxe! :eek: I wouldn't be adverse to paying $250 for this toy (≈$42 per Voyager), but I wouldn't be surprised if it sold here for $300, making it $50 per toy which is on par w/ full RRP for a Voyager. Wow... $300 would match what I paid for Brave Maximus, which remains the single most expensive Transformer that I've ever purchased. Hopefully Devastator won't contest this title. :eek: :o

Shirokaze
17th February 2015, 09:23 PM
but I wouldn't be surprised if it sold here for $300, making it $50 per toy which is on par w/ full RRP for a Voyager.

Don't scare me like that. :p

Any word on ETAs? Hopefully he arrives around toy sale time and we catch a bargain like Metroplex. If I remember correctly we were able to pick him up for roughly 40% off RRP.

ChlorHex
17th February 2015, 11:37 PM
I'd be (very pleasantly) surprised if this toy sold here for $200, as it would work out to be approx. $33.35 per Voyager; slightly above the RRP for a Deluxe! :eek: I wouldn't be adverse to paying $250 for this toy (≈$42 per Voyager), but I wouldn't be surprised if it sold here for $300, making it $50 per toy which is on par w/ full RRP for a Voyager. Wow... $300 would match what I paid for Brave Maximus, which remains the single most expensive Transformer that I've ever purchased. Hopefully Devastator won't contest this title. :eek: :o

Whoa... Let's not encourage anyone to even consider that kinda pricing.
It'll just sit on the shelves.

GoktimusPrime
18th February 2015, 12:29 AM
I'm just preparing myself for a "worse case" scenario if the toy sells at the equivalent of full AU RRP. Hopefully it will be cheaper. :o I'm seeing some of my non TF collecting and just non-anything-collecting fans get hyped over Devastator. :D

ChlorHex
18th February 2015, 01:33 AM
I'm confident Big W will bring this Bot in at the right price... Otherwise I'll be real upset! :p

Trent
18th February 2015, 08:41 AM
Whoa... Let's not encourage anyone to even consider that kinda pricing.
It'll just sit on the shelves.

I hardly think that our discussion is going to influence the pricing structure of an Australia-wide retail chain.

WeallscreamforStarscream
18th February 2015, 09:03 AM
Love this guy.. just really want to see how big he's gonna be. My biggest right now is Year of the Snake Omega Supreme.. he can't be bigger than Omega.. that will put things way out of scale :(

I can't have things being outta scale..

Omega Metro
18th February 2015, 09:21 AM

Transformers are never in scale with each other. Been like that since G1.

drifand
18th February 2015, 11:21 AM
Love this guy.. just really want to see how big he's gonna be. My biggest right now is Year of the Snake Omega Supreme.. he can't be bigger than Omega.. that will put things way out of scale :(

He is said to be 45cm tall. pretty much near same height.

drifand
18th February 2015, 11:23 AM
Transformers are never in scale with each other. Been like that since G1.

until they decide it was fun to throw in mp-10 and showed that it was going to be more scaled to the entire rest of the line for masterpieces.

Sinnertwin
18th February 2015, 12:08 PM
He is said to be 45cm tall. pretty much near same height.

Standing upright, Omega is about 34.5 cm, Devastator 45.7. not quite near the same height.

until they decide it was fun to throw in mp-10 and showed that it was going to be more scaled to the entire rest of the line for masterpieces.

MP9, not 10. it's no coincidence that Rodimus and Optimus are of similar height.
Regardless, the MP scale only applies if we're looking at the scale guides for the cartoon in robot modes. Alt mode? Forget about it

drifand
18th February 2015, 01:38 PM
Standing upright, Omega is about 34.5 cm, Devastator 45.7. not quite near the same height.

my bad.

MP9, not 10. it's no coincidence that Rodimus and Optimus are of similar height.
Regardless, the MP scale only applies if we're looking at the scale guides for the cartoon in robot modes. Alt mode? Forget about it

noted.
Means bad for me as well, it wont fit upright in my display case. Bummer.

UltraMarginal
18th February 2015, 02:03 PM

I know right

Congie
19th February 2015, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I wish they could have kept the size down a little so that they can fit in most bookcases and display cabinets.

It's the main reason why I didn't get a Metroplex even when they were on clearance for less than $100. That said, I'm still gonna get this guy because he's awesome. :D

drifand
19th February 2015, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I wish they could have kept the size down a little so that they can fit in most bookcases and display cabinets.

It's the main reason why I didn't get a Metroplex even when they were on clearance for less than $100. That said, I'm still gonna get this guy because he's awesome. :D

Chuck it in the roof space, and surprise yourself years later. lol
I am really out of space and I will have to split them if I want to display them.

canofwhoopass_87
20th February 2015, 06:04 PM
What would a Takara version look like? All black parts purple, maybe some chrome? Who's knowledgeable enough to make a calculated guess?

Defcon
21st February 2015, 05:31 PM
The Takara version will most likely have purple hands, and could potentially alter the color of the green to suit their preference and market. Altering the Green is the most worrying aspect. When considering the prototype at Toyfair, a Takara version will likely retain all the small details in the deco. Hasbro may lose some details in the finished product ;)

Hursticon
22nd February 2015, 05:34 PM
Listening to the latest episode of WTF@TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/1034580-wtf-tfw-343-february-157-2015-a.html), they reported that one of the Reps on the floor at Toy Fair apparently stated that the Constructicons were designed with the scale of the Stunticons in-mind. :eek:

Scale and Transformers, beyond the present incarnation of the Masterpiece toyline, is generally laughable really but if this indeed was the case when Hasbro/TakaraTomy were brainstorming over Devastator (Who at one point apparently was considered for a group of 6x Leader Class figures!!! O_O) then I think that's pretty cool - I don't expect them to hold to it in any way,shape or form but even if it occurs just as a once off that's something worth noting. ;):)

griffin
22nd February 2015, 11:59 PM
Inked artwork of Devastator (https://www.facebook.com/MarceloMatereart/photos/a.450199675045341.101032.152907161441262/844254045639900/?type=1&theater) on the box cover.

Deonasis
23rd February 2015, 01:56 AM
Listening to the latest episode of WTF@TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/1034580-wtf-tfw-343-february-157-2015-a.html), they reported that one of the Reps on the floor at Toy Fair apparently stated that the Constructicons were designed with the scale of the Stunticons in-mind. :eek:

Their current size is really fun but without say.. the aerialbots being massive too I would not mind if they were shrunk down to 5 deluxes and a voyager later (they looks simplified enough). I would make the double purchase.

5FDP
23rd February 2015, 10:43 AM
Inked artwork of Devastator (https://www.facebook.com/MarceloMatereart/photos/a.450199675045341.101032.152907161441262/844254045639900/?type=1&theater) on the box cover.

Awesome :cool:

Trent
23rd February 2015, 03:26 PM

I find it amusing how they are using the standard G1 configuration for Mixmaster on the box art.

Lord_Zed
23rd February 2015, 06:53 PM
I find it amusing how they are using the standard G1 configuration for Mixmaster on the box art.

There seems to be a disconnect between the art and the toy with Combiner Wars as the art for a lot of the other figures also depicts the characters in more G1 like appearances.

drifand
24th February 2015, 11:09 AM

yup, I noticed that, so its actually not accurate.

drifand
24th February 2015, 11:10 AM
There seems to be a disconnect between the art and the toy with Combiner Wars as the art for a lot of the other figures also depicts the characters in more G1 like appearances.

But is this for the box art for the toy? If so it can be misleading. Not that I can be picky about it, I think YOTS Omega has similar thing as well.

5FDP
24th February 2015, 11:12 AM
After Sunbow's creative license more than 30 years ago we're still raging about inaccuracies of artwork vs toy :rolleyes: Time to move on.

drifand
24th February 2015, 11:48 AM
After Sunbow's creative license more than 30 years ago we're still raging about inaccuracies of artwork vs toy :rolleyes: Time to move on.

I am not raging, would have appreciated if it reflected the same as the toy.
If you asking me whether is a nice piece of art, it is.
In some ways, changing mixmaster was moving on, so wouldn't you think the art should move with the current times?

Just saying.

Defcon
24th February 2015, 05:05 PM
I quiet happy with all the limbs as voyager class. Long Haul is Leader class and looks to have the largest vehicle which is appropriate. As individual robots and vehicles they look fine, I like how they all have different sizes really. Bonecrusher and Scavenger have pretty compact vehicle modes, and they seem the smallest of the lot.

In Combined mode, Devastator looks to be a lot taller than he should of been. I think the Torso, and waist should of been shorter. The figure just needs to look heavy. I hope there is a way to somehow mis-transform Long Haul to achieve a shorter middle section. Just my preference.

I'm happy that he is bigger than all the other combiners. I can't wait for a Titan Omega Supreme, if they ever do one :D

Bidoofdude
24th February 2015, 07:50 PM
I quiet happy with all the limbs as voyager class. Long Haul is Leader class and looks to have the largest vehicle which is appropriate. As individual robots and vehicles they look fine, I like how they all have different sizes really. Bonecrusher and Scavenger have pretty compact vehicle modes, and they seem the smallest of the lot.

In Combined mode, Devastator looks to be a lot taller than he should of been. I think the Torso, and waist should of been shorter. The figure just needs to look heavy. I hope there is a way to somehow mis-transform Long Haul to achieve a shorter middle section. Just my preference.

I'm happy that he is bigger than all the other combiners. I can't wait for a Titan Omega Supreme, if they ever do one :D

Long Haul is a voyager like the rest. He's definitely bigger though.

griffin
27th February 2015, 04:39 PM
A video posted on youtube the other day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUz5dcKmOM) shows off Long Haul's ratchet joints (definitely not a pre-production figure then, so must be ready for factory production), and shows the transformation of the missile pod to Devastator forearm/hand (similar idea to the foot/hand accessory for the regular combiners).

(posted in wrong topic - moved to here)

philby
28th February 2015, 11:23 AM
video showing some brief hands on with long haul and the missile launcher/devastator arm (which looks kinda cool to me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUz5dcKmOM&feature=youtu.be

Lint
1st March 2015, 02:27 AM
A video posted on youtube the other day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUz5dcKmOM) shows off Long Haul's ratchet joints (definitely not a pre-production figure then, so must be ready for factory production), and shows the transformation of the missile pod to Devastator forearm/hand (similar idea to the foot/hand accessory for the regular combiners).

(posted in wrong topic - moved to here)

Long Haul actually looks way way better in-hand than in the promotional pics. Missile pod hand is nothing to write home about but its good to see some wrist articulation.

canofwhoopass_87
1st March 2015, 11:11 AM
Great vid for those who haven't seen it yet - a closer look at the Constructicons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otjXRb8S02g

This set is gonna be huge!

Lint
2nd March 2015, 12:17 PM
Great vid for those who haven't seen it yet - a closer look at the Constructicons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otjXRb8S02g

This set is gonna be huge!

Love the sculpted detail on the alt modes and the fact that Long Haul can carry all the combiner parts. Wish he showed off more of the vehicle articulation though.

Bladestorm
6th March 2015, 07:40 PM
Pre-orders are up for an August release here in Hong Kong.
Pre-order price is HK$1300 (AU$215). Once released the price will go up...

Is there a RRP for the AU release yet?

Sinnertwin
6th March 2015, 07:47 PM
$198 at Big W so far

Bidoofdude
6th March 2015, 08:19 PM
$198 is pretty nice, compared to HK. I hope there's some kind of introductory sale price or something. We had a Target sale with Metroplex, didn't we?

ILikeSoundwave
6th March 2015, 08:21 PM
$198 is pretty nice, compared to HK. I hope there's some kind of introductory sale price or something. We had a Target sale with Metroplex, didn't we?

It's comes out during the mid-year toy sales so $148 would be an excellent sale price!:D

Bidoofdude
6th March 2015, 11:24 PM
It's comes out during the mid-year toy sales so $148 would be an excellent sale price!:D

I'd buy that for a dollar. ;)

prjkt
8th March 2015, 10:47 AM
The more I look at this guy, the more I want him.

But also, the more I realise he's got nowhere to go in my collection... Too big for the other combiners....

Oh well, by the time he's released I'll have made up my mind. Will probably end up laybying at Big W or similar.

GoktimusPrime
8th March 2015, 10:56 AM
But also, the more I realise he's got nowhere to go in my collection... Too big for the other combiners....
That's why I bought a new Billy bookcase from Ikea back in January. Clearin' up space for Combiner Wars. :D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/reshelf1_zps5a368d46.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/reshelf3_zps81a48821.jpg

Omega Metro
8th March 2015, 11:02 AM
I have room already for him! He will get dusty, but he is big enough to be dusted easy.😁
Can't wait to see someone go over this guy with a Gundam Marker or a custom paint. It would just POP!

Megatran
11th March 2015, 12:30 AM
I have a good feeling that at least one Retailer will have Devastator on promotion pricing when it first comes out. I'm gonna say $160.

drifand
11th March 2015, 10:44 AM
I have a good feeling that at least one Retailer will have Devastator on promotion pricing when it first comes out. I'm gonna say $160.

Wont be surprise if it was even less. Metroplex did made it.

UltraMarginal
11th March 2015, 11:28 AM
I don wonder how many different paint jobs we're going to see of this fella.

SDCC? maybe a Japan con exclusive, a takara version?

I kind of want a version where all the treads are black, or a similar non-purple, non-green colour.

CoRDS
11th March 2015, 12:45 PM
i have a feeling we will end up with a titan class predaking as wel

griffin
11th March 2015, 06:56 PM
We had four "different" Metroplexes in the space of four months, and I use the term different very loosely, as they were all Gen1 white with minimal differences... so if they could do that without giving us a redeco Metroplex as Metrotitan or another Titan, I'm really hoping we don't just get four different green/purple Devastators too. :rolleyes: :(

Considering we have three original official toy colour versions (green, yellow, orange) and the FunPub comic version (white/red), I'd really hate it if we don't get a proper redeco this time for this expensive toy, to make it a real incentive to buy another one.
(as it is, I want to have at least a second one to have the Constructicons on display WITH Devastator, like at NY Toyfair... so would prefer that second set be different enough to make it a worthwhile expense)

We got three distinct colour schemes for Bruticus in 2012... four if you include Ruination (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-galleries-generations-impactor-whirl-roadbuster-twintwist-topspin-and-ruination/27819/)... so it was a real let-down having just the one colour done four times for the "biggest Transformers toy ever".

Personally, I really want a yellow/purple set most because those European ones in the early 1990s was a set I grew up on, and actually liked them because in my mind it replicated the UK Comic that had the Constructicons losing their combiner ability (which they could well have regained later).
I don't know off-hand if we got the Gen2 yellow or orange sets here (cliffbee site suggests that we did (http://www.cliffbee.com/aussietf.htm))... so they might have less interest here, like European toy homages (like Botcon 2010 toys) have/had less interest in America.

kjavis
17th March 2015, 08:44 AM
will be my first devy this will be special

Sinnertwin
19th March 2015, 09:54 AM
TFiDownunder have him available for preorder (http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/transformers-combiner-wars-devastator/)
$189.99

PremiumCollectables to follow tonight.

5FDP
19th March 2015, 10:32 AM
TFiDownunder have him available for preorder (http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/transformers-combiner-wars-devastator/)
$189.99

PremiumCollectables to follow tonight.

A couple of things interesting about that listing - if that price is accurate and the rumour about it being $150-200, I think I'd prefer to buy it locally as it will work out cheaper. Also, they've listed a release date of September... I thought it was more mid-year i.e. June / July?

Omega Metro
19th March 2015, 11:33 AM
It's August in the US. But I will be waiting for the BigWs to get it.

drifand
19th March 2015, 12:12 PM
I may not get it, if I do, it may be my first MISB as I may not have the time to play with it. Will see how things go.

Akky82
19th March 2015, 01:04 PM
A couple of things interesting about that listing - if that price is accurate and the rumour about it being $150-200, I think I'd prefer to buy it locally as it will work out cheaper. Also, they've listed a release date of September... I thought it was more mid-year i.e. June / July?

Me too, but premiumcollect says late august also.

griffin
19th March 2015, 04:21 PM
Only general release items with Australian dates can be used as a rough guide in America for their release dates, and vice versa... their dates are a rough guide for their country, and can only be used as a very very rough guide (like as much as 3-6 month difference) for Australia... and that's only if Australia hasn't got any dates noted from an official source here.

Devastator in America had a "Fall" release date... and if someone official said "September", it is still a very vague date if announced several months in advance, so should be note that it means "give or take 2-4 months".
When Hasbro America says "Fall" on their products at NY Toyfair, it is often a very vague release date because it is so far ahead of production schedule, they don't know exactly the days when the Factories will be making them or know if Retailers end up being too slow or too fast with re-ordering later waves... and in previous years, many items that say "Fall" have been out by mid-year, or sometimes show up at the end of the year if it is a slow selling toyline. A "Fall" release date given out at Toyfair in February is really a six month possible window of June to December. While a "Fall" release date quoted mid-year, like at BotCon or SDCC, is generally more reliable to a Sept-Dec window.

In Australia, the store chain BigW has been noted as having a "mid-year" release of AU$198... but that will depend on any production or shipping delays (this toy is getting shipped direct to the Retailer's warehouse, not through Hasbro), or if any other Retailers have an earlier release lined up. Since we have June-July Toy sales every year in Australia from the Major Retailers, we often have special items held until then as promotional store exclusives that you guys get earlier in the year... but on this occasion we might be having something released on-time or early for the sale.

Since Devastator, like Metroplex in 2013, is a one-off item that is specially organised with Retailers in each country that wants Devastator... once they are ready to be released from the Factory, the release date in each country will depend on when the Retailers wanted them during the available release window (which appears to be mid-year to the end of the year)... and if a particular Retailer has an early exclusive to its release before other Retailers in that country get it.

Same thing happens with ongoing lines and sizes, in that Hasbro Australia gets the same stock as America gets, but a third factor is in play to delay a release in that they will only be able to ship them out to stores if they aren't stuck with older waves at the warehouse.

Soooo, to hopefully clear up the confusion about the different dates floating around, Devastator looks to have a release window starting from about June-July because of when they are finished being constructed at the factory... and in Australia, BigW looks to have first access to it for their July Toy Sale, and for all we know a store-chain in America will have it out in July too... but then all the rest of the retailers here and there (including online stores) will have it BY September (which can be as early as late July-August).
Don't get caught up on a release date that is more than a month away, as production and transport delays are always a factor. If one source is only a month or two different to another source, don't get worked up about it... a release month is always "give or take 2-4 months".

philby
23rd March 2015, 11:20 PM
I don wonder how many different paint jobs we're going to see of this fella.

SDCC? maybe a Japan con exclusive, a takara version?

I kind of want a version where all the treads are black, or a similar non-purple, non-green colour.

As excited and surprised I am that this is happening, I kind of agree regarding paint job. They've shown they can deviate a bit from a strictly G1 appearance with the change to Mixmaster, do you think adding more detail and changes in paint/plastic/deco would make it better or worse? Bonecrusher in particular looks a bit...bland, both original and here. What do you think of something similar to Maketoys Green Giant?

philby
10th May 2015, 01:09 AM
a couple of new images:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/combiner-wars-titan-devastator-new-in-hand-images-182678/?

UltimateGalvatron
10th May 2015, 10:01 AM
snip

Soooo, to hopefully clear up the confusion about the different dates floating around, Devastator looks to have a release window starting from about June-July because of when they are finished being constructed at the factory... and in Australia, BigW looks to have first access to it for their July Toy Sale, and for all we know a store-chain in America will have it out in July too... but then all the rest of the retailers here and there (including online stores) will have it BY September (which can be as early as late July-August).
Don't get caught up on a release date that is more than a month away, as production and transport delays are always a factor. If one source is only a month or two different to another source, don't get worked up about it... a release month is always "give or take 2-4 months".

Yay! BigW in my small crappy country town! YES!

ampoldj
10th May 2015, 01:30 PM
So my routine wil be work - BigW - Home again...:D

Bladestorm
10th May 2015, 03:15 PM
So I was in Wan Chai Toy Street today and asked one of the stores about Devy's release date and was told he comes out next week(!!!).
Now, I'm taking this with a grain of salt as I won't believe it until I see it, however pre-orders for him here in HK are no longer available as it is "too close to release date". Take it as a rumour for now but wanted to share what the word is "on the street" here in HK today.

I will be heading back next week to see if he really does hit shelves or not.
If he is, I am hoping to grab one for my 8 year old who has had money saved for him since February... so we'll see.

Megatran
17th May 2015, 06:18 PM
a couple of new images:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/combiner-wars-titan-devastator-new-in-hand-images-182678/?
Is Devi's head suppose to be that small?

philby
18th May 2015, 11:51 AM
not sure, but a few people on that site commented about it. did it seem bigger in any of the other photos?

im guessing it may have to do with how the head is stored when not in combined mode.

philby
18th May 2015, 11:52 AM
So I was in Wan Chai Toy Street today and asked one of the stores about Devy's release date and was told he comes out next week(!!!).
Now, I'm taking this with a grain of salt as I won't believe it until I see it, however pre-orders for him here in HK are no longer available as it is "too close to release date". Take it as a rumour for now but wanted to share what the word is "on the street" here in HK today.

I will be heading back next week to see if he really does hit shelves or not.
If he is, I am hoping to grab one for my 8 year old who has had money saved for him since February... so we'll see.

have you been back? any news?

Megatran
18th May 2015, 11:21 PM
Article on TFW has Devastator on US Amazon.

But ordering is not yet available.

Bladestorm
19th May 2015, 12:14 PM
have you been back? any news?

Been back and over to Mong Kok. No Devastator (and the guy who told me May is being very coy with me now). All the stores in Mong Kok said a June/July release, so I'm going to revert back to that. I have put a pre-order for Devy with one of the Mong Kok stores so if he does come out here before Oz I will certainly make sure to report back. His price here isn't cheap though - The price I paid for the pre-order (and that's normally cheaper than what it will retail on the street) is around AU$210...

So if you guys get it in places like Big W for AU$150 it will be a bargain.
(Contemplated waiting to pick it up when back in Oz but the idea of carrying that big boy back to HK in terms of space and haulage on a plane won't be worth the savings when I'll be on my own with 2 sprogs)

BruiseLee
29th May 2015, 10:27 PM
Some new pics have been posted up at TFW by member cheem_the_rup.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1033081-titan-class-devastator-pic-299.html

Here's one of the size comparison pics. Pretty impressive. Looks to be about 5-6 inches shorter than Titan metroplex. Going to need to source some platform shoes for Devi to stand head to head with the rest of the big bots in my display. :)

http://i62.tinypic.com/210ht35.jpg

Megatran
30th May 2015, 12:04 AM
I gotta say my interest in this Devi is waning. It just looks like an oversized JP Encore Devi 20A that I already have. Being bigger, it somewhat loses its detailing.

Lord_Zed
30th May 2015, 12:20 AM
Like Generations Metroplex, Devestator appears to work largely on novelty factor, meaning he is big for the sake of being big.

I'm not a huge fan of supersized toys, while they look great on the shelf, they are often difficult to pose and play with because of their size.

BruiseLee
30th May 2015, 07:16 AM
TFW member daimchoc has posted up a couple of pics from T.F.N.D showing some close ups. There's a fair bit of detail on these sculpts.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2di5a2d.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/33ttahc.jpg

Deonasis
30th May 2015, 08:47 AM
I gotta say my interest in this Devi is waning. It just looks like an oversized JP Encore Devi 20A that I already have. Being bigger, it somewhat loses its detailing.

I can see what you are saying. Hopefully the figure has decently enough poseability and some early buyers show it off - that always sucks me back in.

ampoldj
30th May 2015, 09:19 AM
I hope Takara reveals some details for this one to ease confused minds :confused:

BigTransformerTrev
30th May 2015, 09:42 AM
Yay! BigW in my small crappy country town! YES!

None in mine but I will be getting mates to scout for me :)

Some new pics have been posted up at TFW by member cheem_the_rup.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1033081-titan-class-devastator-pic-299.html

Here's one of the size comparison pics. Pretty impressive. Looks to be about 5-6 inches shorter than Titan metroplex. Going to need to source some platform shoes for Devi to stand head to head with the rest of the big bots in my display. :)

http://i62.tinypic.com/210ht35.jpg

Hmmm, for some reason I thought he was gonna be as big as Metro. Especially after the comparison pics of him next to Menasor

BruiseLee
30th May 2015, 11:05 AM
Yeah though that as well at first. Must have been the titan tag they were using but they would have to be leader sized to combine into a generations metroplex size. Still pretty big :)

DELTAprime
30th May 2015, 04:20 PM
I hope Takara reveals some details for this one to ease confused minds :confused:

Really want to see TT's deco since Hasbro's is already fairly cartoon accurate. Maybe they can make a new mould for Mixmaster while there at it.:p

Bidoofdude
30th May 2015, 06:53 PM
Really want to see TT's deco since Hasbro's is already fairly cartoon accurate. Maybe they can make a new mould for Mixmaster while there at it.:p

The silhouette they showed has Mixmaster with the same foot as the Hasbro version. Should be the same, unless they just went off of Hasbro's stock photos.

griffin
31st May 2015, 10:59 AM
I think that if Metroplex is anything to go by, the Japanese version of Devastator could be similar to the SDCC version... with some added bling, but not as much as the SDCC version.
(JP Metroplex had the shiny face, but the SDCC version had shiny face and thighs)

BruiseLee
31st May 2015, 01:09 PM
And the pics keep coming at TFW. These seem to be all picked up and mirrored from Weibo users.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1033081-titan-class-devastator-pic-317.html

Interesting comparison of sizes here.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2af6sj.jpg

CW Devi is far from perfect but seeing that I'll most likely have him posed on the top of the shelf somewhat like the below, he'll look great as a stoic piece lording over the smaller bots. :)

http://i62.tinypic.com/6ghoy0.jpg

Above pic is from T.F.N.D.

Hursticon
31st May 2015, 01:16 PM
I think that if Metroplex is anything to go by, the Japanese version of Devastator could be similar to the SDCC version... with some added bling, but not as much as the SDCC version.
(JP Metroplex had the shiny face, but the SDCC version had shiny face and thighs)

...Takara's DID have silver painted thighs though, avoiding the chrome-wear issues the SDCC's will eventually have. ;):cool:
(A whole load more paint apps and better stickers for that matter :D)

SDCC's CW Devy should've been the (Yellow) G2 variant, unless they're intending that to see a retail release (via exclusivity or some such) in which case it should've been the Orange G2 variant. :)

Trent
31st May 2015, 03:08 PM
Wow. They tried so hard to get them to look as G1 as possible. It makes Mixmaster's alt mode stand out all that much more :confused:

UltimateGalvatron
31st May 2015, 05:38 PM
This actual scales well with MPs more then Deluxes

Akky82
31st May 2015, 07:59 PM
This actual scales well with MPs more then Deluxes

That's kinda why I'll be picking up one version or another of this, due to MP autobots outnumbering decepticons, it'll be displayed with them, while the rest of the CW combiners will be displayed in a different part of the room, mainly due to scale difference with Superion/Menasor/Defensor.

Kind of hope TT has metallic purple rather than chrome.

doublespy
31st May 2015, 08:45 PM
If anyone's curious about the engineering and what he feels like in hand, two Chinese language video reviews are up already

Part 1: individual Constructicons (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI0OTk3NTMzNg==.html)
Part 2: Devastator (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI1MDA1MzQwNA==.html)

Still wish they could've come up with a way around Scrapper's arms needing to be stiff. A pair of fake arms acting as heels in foot mode for example... but there's still some neat tricks in the engineering. And I think Hasui did his best within all the confines of the project to deliver a Masterpiece esque Devastator (in case the actual thing will never happen).