PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Mr_K
1st September 2008, 09:43 PM
Hey all,

I thought I would just take this opportunity to introduce myself. Some of you may know me already from the TFW2005 boards.

I started collecting Transformers when I was 4 years old (back in 1990). When I was about 12 I ended up selling my collection (I know! And worst of all, they were some of the only toys I ever sold :( )

Well I started collecting again a few years back while I was at uni doing a degree in IT and Communication Design (Multimedia basicly) at QUT. - yes that means I'm in Brisbane :P

I now work for a company called Red Hat (big IT company if anyone here knows of them) as a content author (basicly I write the manuals and documentation).

I've decided to join this board because - though the AU Sightings thread on TFW2005 is good - I really want to get to know more people in my own country who like what I like.

Thanks to griffin for allowing me access to these boards and though I haven't really gotten into TFA I do find the Magnus mold appealing lol and I cannot wait for MP Grimlock!!!

Mr K

iceburn
1st September 2008, 09:45 PM
allos Mr K....now start kicking in this forum! :P

Thanatos
1st September 2008, 10:18 PM
Yay, another Brisbane kid! Nice to see our numbers slowly growing.

Welcome!

Pulse
1st September 2008, 10:29 PM
Hey Mate! :)

Even though the Int. Boards are quite good, we here at Ozformers offer a more local flavour to your TF Alphabetical soup... :D

STL
1st September 2008, 10:30 PM
Nice to see a fella from Brissie! Go Lions!

Mr_K
1st September 2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas :)

Robzy
1st September 2008, 11:18 PM
Mr_K: Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

Go Lions!Well, Leigh Matthews has gone (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24273657-661,00.html) anyway! ;)

Mr_K
1st September 2008, 11:23 PM
Lol, I see I should have brought my Energon snacks with me :P

Soundwarp
2nd September 2008, 05:31 AM
Welcome!!

Tiby
2nd September 2008, 07:34 AM
Welcome aboard!

Bartrim
2nd September 2008, 08:22 AM
Welcome Mr K... I once had a primary school teacher who we called Mr K *shudders* not a nice guy. But since your in Brissie your definitely not him. Glad to have you on board.

Paulbot
2nd September 2008, 08:49 AM
Welcome

GoktimusPrime
2nd September 2008, 09:50 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg

Omega Supreme
2nd September 2008, 10:00 AM
Welcome, your name makes me think of the wrestler Mr. Kennedy, which is a good thing :)

JuzMel
2nd September 2008, 10:09 AM
Welcome and I hope you stay long here..

And I mustn't forget to mention again (only becoz I get the occasional "wow you're a female who loves TFs" message) that I am the only more active fembot here on the forum. And yes females can love Transformers too! :D

1orion2many
2nd September 2008, 10:14 AM
:)Welcome to the board. :eek:You were only 4 in 1990(now feels very old:(:D).

Mr_K
2nd September 2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks 1orion2many - I'm starting to feel old these days so that just made my day :)

JuzMel - nice to see the transformer hobby starting to reach a wider demographic.

All others - thank-you! I have to say that this is the first time I've received such a warm welcome online.

GoktimusPrime
2nd September 2008, 11:33 AM
Anyone who got into Transformers after 1984 isn't old! Most of us saw Transformers when it came out in 1984 and became fans then. If the franchise is older than you are then you're freaking TOO YOUNG!! :p :p

*huggles 1orion2many* we oldies need to stick together... in a place like this:
http://www.thesimpsons.pl/simpsons/files/springfield_retirement_castle_162.jpg (T_T)

kup
2nd September 2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome!

Anyone who got into Transformers after 1984 isn't old! Most of us saw Transformers when it came out in 1984 and became fans then. If the franchise is older than you are then you're freaking TOO YOUNG!! :p :p

*huggles 1orion2many* we oldies need to stick together... in a place like this:
http://www.thesimpsons.pl/simpsons/files/springfield_retirement_castle_162.jpg (T_T)

I was 4 when the franchise came out but I didn't get a toy until the following year but I did get the story books and stuff fairly early. The comics also made it early too and they came with collector cards of box art and cartoon screen shots that you could place in an album.

What I feel regret is that I never took notice of the exclusive South American minibots. If I had bought them then they would be worth a lot now.

liegeprime
2nd September 2008, 04:22 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome welcome! Do post your collection in the members collection thread. Remember its not the size its how much your collection is loved!

Hmm with regards to oldies... I was in year 4 when TFs came out, didn't get a toy til 2 yrs after (Soundwave) as a gift from my visiting aunt. Was content in making my own from craft paper (I sadly have only 1 picture of these creations). As Gok mentioned, well the franchise is indeed younger than I am :D:p. I just dont look old :rolleyes:

Addit: BTW is your user name in TFW the same? I use a different one there. not that I visit it very often now - only go to the site to read on 3 Photocomics Im a fan of - Grimlock13's, Pun3x's and Shane Andersons's...

Mr_K
2nd September 2008, 05:51 PM
Hey liegeprime,

I'll be sure to post a pic of my collection when I have it all in one spt lol - currently it is accross 2 houses :S (though that doesn't mean it is big, it is quite small compared to what I've seen).

Also, in terms of user names, yeap I'm Mr_K over there too :D

Saintly
3rd September 2008, 08:35 AM
welcome K! (Mr_K is too much work to type out) :D

hope you enyoy your stay.... you realise it's all spend spend spend from here on it! :)

GoktimusPrime
3rd September 2008, 11:38 AM
welcome K! (Mr_K is too much work to type out)
Perhaps his first name is "Special." :)
http://www.markjohnson.com/cache/editor_user_images/special_k_logo.gif
(j/k!) :D