PDA

View Full Version : IDW sneak peak of new female character

griffin
10th February 2015, 05:56 PM
According to a recent interview (http://www.themarysue.com/windblade-mairghread-scott-combiner-wars/) with the Windblade author Mairghread Scott, there was an unveiling of an upcoming character, called "Mistress of Flame".

The interview talks about upcoming story elements and ideas, and shows a drawing of that new female character, explaining that it relates to Caminus (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Caminus) (the homeworld of Windblade)... so expect spoilers in the interview if you aren't up-to-date on the comics.

The Mistress of Flame is the leader of the only faith on Caminus, The Way of Flame, which worships a female Prime said to be the mother of all Camiens. But fire can be as dangerous as it is helpful and the faith of Caminus burns hotter than any Cybertronian realizes.

Paulbot
10th February 2015, 05:58 PM
Makes me think of the unnamed priest in Target: 2006....

griffin
10th February 2015, 06:01 PM
Slightly related, but minor news - IDW has had the Transformers comic license for 10 years this year (I can't believe it has been that long already), and have renewed the license (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/idw-and-hasbro-celebrate-10-years-by-extending-their-relationship-press-release-182053/).

Bladestorm
10th February 2015, 06:12 PM
The mistress of flame looks very much like a homage to Solus Prime... especially with that hammer/forge in hand.

It is interesting that Hasbro/IDW seem to want to explore the feminine side of Transformers more at the moment with lots of fembots, Windblade and now this...

Wonder if those wanting a female combiner will get their wish after all. ;)

griffin
10th February 2015, 06:37 PM
The mistress of flame looks very much like a homage to Solus Prime... especially with that hammer/forge in hand.

I think that's probably the point... like how Primus was drawn to look like Hotrod/Rodimus in the original comic.

I put in the link to Caminus for anyone else not following the comic, to see where all these females are coming from, and why the Mistress of Flame has a forge like Solus Prime.

BigTransformerTrev
10th February 2015, 07:10 PM
Quite an interesting article :)

lancalot
10th February 2015, 08:11 PM
she seems cool...i wonder what her alt mode would look like ?

BigTransformerTrev
10th February 2015, 08:18 PM

An ornate ancient Egyptian sundial ;)

CHILENO20
10th February 2015, 09:37 PM

Looks like a re-tool of Chromia to me, still, very cool :D

i_amtrunks
10th February 2015, 09:39 PM
Loving all these interviews Scott does with these websites, it's a nice little glimpse into what is coming up.

Looking forward to Combiner Wars, it certainly is a brave new direction, that hopefully pays off.

prjkt
10th February 2015, 09:56 PM
I like that the Caminus storyline is not entrenched in the main plot line (sure it's linked via Combiner Wars) but I'm really happy liking the fact that Scott basically has free reign in creating the history of the planet and it's population...

Shirokaze
10th February 2015, 10:59 PM
All sounds pretty cool to me. Love how "way of the flame" resonates with the Game of Thrones fanboy in me.

tinyJazz
10th February 2015, 11:34 PM
Yeah, makes me think of Melisandre/the Red Woman from Game of thrones. Also a priestess of a conflicting religion, crazy about burning stuff.