PDA

View Full Version : Transformers cartoons availble for free streaming.

DELTAprime
10th February 2015, 08:51 PM
I just realised nobody posted this on OTCA. A website called Tubitv which is not region blocked is streaming G1, AEC and TFA. It seems they have picked up the contract with Hasbro that the US version of Netflix lost. The streaming quality isn't as good as Netflix (or Stan) but it's free with ads.

http://tubitv.com/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-studios-animated-series-including-transformers-available-on-tubitv-streaming-site/32166/

prjkt
11th February 2015, 07:08 AM
It's actually not a bad way to freely watch older shows that are STILL blocked on YouTube over here. Sadly the iOS app is not available here, only the U.S., but the site can be viewed on a computer - I ised my Mac's scree sharing ability over AppleTV to watch it on the big screen so to speak.

reillyd
11th February 2015, 02:39 PM
Yeah, my ipad just takes me to the ios store - it won't let me stream via browser. Probably just easier for me to buy the darn things at apples markup, because youtube quality ain't too great

5FDP
11th February 2015, 02:50 PM
Would love to get amongst this streaming business but until the government decides to ditch my copper for NBN, I got no hope. Most nights during peak hour I can't even stream red youtube :(

Gofigure
11th February 2015, 05:07 PM
Would have loved to have ios app option

ComicGuy89
11th February 2015, 08:44 PM
The video player itself is pretty good.

But the selection is a bit strange. For example, watching Animated, only one episode seems to be available. G1 has episode 1, then Seasons 3 and 4. I don't know why there are so many missing episodes, and the USA gets more of Season 1 and 3 for Animated, as far as I know.
Could it be due to some region-locking?

DELTAprime
11th February 2015, 09:54 PM
The video player itself is pretty good.

But the selection is a bit strange. For example, watching Animated, only one episode seems to be available. G1 has episode 1, then Seasons 3 and 4. I don't know why there are so many missing episodes, and the USA gets more of Season 1 and 3 for Animated, as far as I know.
Could it be due to some region-locking?

They seem to be in the process of adding episodes still as all they have for G1 when I first looked was season 3, now they have the first episode and season 4. Looking at their complete library of titles they don't seem to be very organised.

ComicGuy89
11th February 2015, 10:13 PM
They seem to be in the process of adding episodes still as all they have for G1 when I first looked was season 3, now they have the first episode and season 4. Looking at their complete library of titles they don't seem to be very organised.

You're right. It could be possible they have to do this for each region, so that's why the US has more episodes than here.

Their library is very disorganised, and it's practically impossible for me to navigate to see what else they have.

I do like their player very much though. Playing Animated in HD was a very smooth affair, and it beats most sites of the same nature.

Zippo
12th February 2015, 03:56 PM
I watched The Return of Optimus Prime last night.
I had a couple of buffering issues, but otherwise an excellent experience