PDA

View Full Version : Stuff FFN needs

FFN
2nd September 2008, 08:28 PM
- 2 x G1 Magnus missile launchers + 2 missiles.

- Classics Cliffjumper (loose complete or MOSC, either is fine)

Can anybody help? Don't force me to call upon favours after all those cheap deals I did for various people on this forum :p :D

MV75
2nd September 2008, 08:34 PM
I got one spare magnus launcher + Missle. Let me know if a pair doesn't turn up.

FFN
2nd September 2008, 08:42 PM
Cheers, I'll keep you in mind ;)

dirge
2nd September 2008, 10:13 PM
Guh. I had a spare Cliffjumper a while back.

BTW C, I haven't forgotten that Hound scan, (:

FFN
2nd September 2008, 10:19 PM
HAY! I asked you about Cliffjumper back in July! :(

dirge
2nd September 2008, 10:28 PM
I had this one back... last September.

I think I sold it for $10 or something. Sorry man...

FFN
2nd September 2008, 10:31 PM
Ahh, a YEAR back :p

roller
2nd September 2008, 11:13 PM
what does FFN stand for?

Im not completely sure, but i think the G1 magnus and G1 magnus reissues have different missile launchers. The missiles are definitly different

FFN
2nd September 2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah, they are. As I recall, the original launchers had a round hole, while the reissue one had the groove we know from modern launchers. I believe if you cut out the plastic for the groove on the reissue launchers, the original missiles can fit and be fired.

FFN means Fit For Natalie (as in Natalie Portman, the actress). Since I am no longer a fan of hers (yet everybody knows me by this screename), I prefer to be called FFN.

Kyle
3rd September 2008, 05:09 AM
Since I am no longer a fan of hers

What happened?

MV75
3rd September 2008, 07:40 AM
Yes, the one I have is an original launcher. Very strong fire mechanism too. I remember picking it up in 1986/7.

I have a couple of spare G1 devastator bits too that I got from somewhere too.

FFN
3rd September 2008, 07:05 PM
What happened?Loss of interest. And Star Wars. Though to be fair, Hayden Christianson's Aura of Non-Acting affected everybody

Sky Shadow
3rd September 2008, 07:57 PM
FFN means Fit For Natalie (as in Natalie Portman, the actress). Since I am no longer a fan of hers (yet everybody knows me by this screename), I prefer to be called FFN.

Oh... I assumed FFN! was a Furmanesque onomatopoeic sound effect.

FFN
3rd September 2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah, there's a disclaimer on my wiki userpage saying I'm not a furman sound effect. Hnh.

Funnily enough, I am buddhist.

FFN
14th September 2008, 05:12 AM
So, MV75 has offered to help out with one launcher and missile. Can anybody please help me out with the launcher and missile? :(

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2008, 08:05 AM
Be warned that the original launcher also has slightly smaller pegs compared to the original which means that they fit in rather loosely on a reissue Magnus' shoulders. I stick blu-tac into the holes of my reissue Magnus' shoulder holes... but yeah... (-_-)

Though to be fair, Hayden Christianson's Aura of Non-Acting affected everybody
His acting as a romantic was bad though and is clearly his greatest weakness (although his portrayal of affection seemed improved to me in Jumper, so I think he is trying to work on it). But I thought his portrayal of Anakin Skywalker in other regards was alright and he's good at expressing angst and anger. My favourite moments of Christensen as Anakin were the times where he was being tempted or seduced by the Dark Side - I thought he played the fall of Anakin Skywalker and rise of Darth Vader (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ehZvfgDeHQ&feature=related) quite well.

But yeah... actors, like most people, do learn from their mistakes and try to improve on them. When I saw Episode I I cringed at Natalie Portman's attempt at sounding "British" with her Queen Amidala voice. It was arguably worse than Carrie Fisher's attempt in Episode IV with her Princess Leia voice (thankfully both actresses stopped trying in their respective sequels). But I recently saw V For Vendetta and I have to say that Portman pulled off a fairly convincing English accent in that movie, but I must admit that until I saw that I'd written Portman off in terms of ever being able to act in an English accent.

FFN
15th September 2008, 04:25 AM
I actually found an eBay seller flogging the launchers (sans missiles) for cheap prices. I emailed them asking if they had the missiles, too..... but they never replied and eventually other people bought all the launchers.

I hate when that happens. Unless they were in Texas and were running from the hurricane, of course :(