PDA

View Full Version : Judd Nelson in Transformers 5

entourage7
26th February 2015, 11:53 PM
That's right, apparently transformers 5 is "currently filming"............ with Judd Nelson appearing, according to MSN. :eek:

What a laugh....... Transformers 5 filming..... Love to know who your sources are MSN? :confused:

Check it out here: http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/story/the-breakfast-club-where-are-they-now/ss-BBhYnU1?ocid=mailsignout#image=9

drifand
3rd March 2015, 11:03 AM
I had to look it up IMDB and sorry to say, it doesn't ring much of a bell for me for the movies he is famous for. Unsure any hope for Transformers 5. At this rate, M.A.S.K will be a better movie to be looking out for.

Akky82
3rd March 2015, 11:21 AM
I had to look it up IMDB and sorry to say, it doesn't ring much of a bell for me for the movies he is famous for. Unsure any hope for Transformers 5. At this rate, M.A.S.K will be a better movie to be looking out for.

He's Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime from G1. But yeah other than that I only remember him for that sitcom uh, Suddenly Susan.

Bladestorm
3rd March 2015, 11:58 AM
I find this highly sceptical, however as the voice actors seem to record stuff ages before any actual "filming" takes place (and I'm going to assume if he has been cast it is as a voice) stranger things could happen I guess...

drifand
3rd March 2015, 01:08 PM
Well Optimus had sort of said goodbye for now so I wouldn't be surprised if they needed a new leader to lead the autobots.

CHILENO20
3rd March 2015, 02:50 PM
Everyone forget the Breakfast Club here or am I just showing my age? I'm 33 by the way, lol :D

Akky82
3rd March 2015, 03:37 PM
Everyone forget the Breakfast Club here or am I just showing my age? I'm 33 by the way, lol :D

I know it's famous but didnt mention because I've never actually seen it... 32 here

Starscream77
3rd March 2015, 03:59 PM

I hear ya brother !
Great 80s flick

griffin
3rd March 2015, 04:45 PM
I find this highly sceptical, however as the voice actors seem to record stuff ages before any actual "filming" takes place (and I'm going to assume if he has been cast it is as a voice) stranger things could happen I guess...

Nah, the recording of the robot voices is one of the last things after filming, which is why each movie doesn't announce voice actors until really late. That's why I'm skeptical about any new voice actors being named before new on-screen actors... and before filming has even started.

drifand
3rd March 2015, 05:00 PM
I know it's famous but didnt mention because I've never actually seen it... 32 here

I do not know that movie nor have I watched it. So there you go. Pretty sure my wife would go huh? as well.

Lint
3rd March 2015, 06:52 PM
I do not know that movie nor have I watched it. So there you go. Pretty sure my wife would go huh? as well.

Judd Nelson was a pretty big deal back in the 80's having been part of the 'brat pack' group of actors who starred in a lot of the teen orientated movies back then. His casting as Hot Rod would have been to lend some of his 'star power' to the 1986 film. Unfortunately like most of the brat pack his popularity peaked in the 80's and he is not that well known today.

However none of this is important as this story is probably not based on fact. Can't wait till MSN catch onto the "Judd Nelson has died" hoax of late 2014 :rolleyes:

jazzcomp
3rd March 2015, 09:37 PM

It was a big thing in the US. Not sure if everything hot in the US 80's was well known in Straya :)

Watch the Goldbergs :)

Paulbot
3rd March 2015, 09:46 PM
It was/is a famous film here but maybe not among younger guys.

The celebrity in TFTM that to this day I don't get is the "famous" actor who played Kup. Who are you?

Starscream77
3rd March 2015, 11:06 PM

The celebrity in TFTM that to this day I don't get is the "famous" actor who played Kup. Who are you?

Dude he was the butler in Hart to Hart, doesn't get much more celebrity than that :p

Bartrim
3rd March 2015, 11:20 PM

Don't you forget about me *raises fist*... Although I didn't actually see The Breakfast Club until I was 22.

I laugh every time I see Robert Stack credited as Ultra Magnus. I always imagine him saying "I can't deal with these unsolved mysteries now" :D

Robzy
4th March 2015, 02:25 AM
You're not alone. Not just Breakfast Club, but St Elmo's Fire and From the Hip... this guy was one of the Brat Pack. Ahhh, the 80s :o

Sinnertwin
4th March 2015, 09:10 AM
don't forget the 3 minutes he spent in the recording booth for TFA ;) :p

5FDP
4th March 2015, 09:15 AM
The Breakfast Club is the wife's favourite movie. I've lost count of how many times I've watched it with her. Could be worse I guess...