PDA

View Full Version : Official images wave 3 GEN Voyager & Legends

griffin
2nd March 2015, 04:35 PM
Searching through the various sub-pages of the Hasbro website keeps giving up more listings of future Transformers, thanks to a TFW member (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/new-combiner-wars-hasbro-product-photos-hot-spot-cyclonus-groove-viper-and-warpath-182193/).

Wave 3 Voyagers and Legends for Generations are...

Voyager - Hotspot (with art that uses the Classics Inferno mould, and a mistransformed vehicle mode with the Defensor head showing), Cyclonus (looking very nice from the top).

Legends - Viper, Groove, Warpath.

Golden Phoenix
2nd March 2015, 04:56 PM
Looks like Cyclonus has 2 little fins in his hands while in Jet-mode that parts form for robot mode. They looks like they could be easily used as daggers (and also easily lost.....)

Bidoofdude
2nd March 2015, 05:13 PM
Cyclonus is looking pretty drab with the paint apps from the prototype gone. The alt mode is still hella sexy though. Groove looks sweet, as does Hot Spot, though I wish they hadn't used that art.

ampoldj
2nd March 2015, 06:06 PM
Cyclonus is looking pretty drab with the paint apps from the prototype gone. The alt mode is still hella sexy though. Groove looks sweet, as does Hot Spot, though I wish they hadn't used that art.

Maybe they gave the GDO Hotspot as a model to the one doing the card art :D

Defcon
2nd March 2015, 06:40 PM
Hot Spot, though I wish they hadn't used that art.
Good pick up, I didn't notice at first. Agree with Ampoldj it does indeed look like GDO Hotspot! At least the packaging art reflects the toy. By the way these all look fantastic.

Omega Metro
2nd March 2015, 06:52 PM
Good pick up, I didn't notice at first. Agree with Ampoldj it does indeed look like GDO Hotspot! At least the packaging art reflects the toy. By the way these all look fantastic.

CW Breakdown has TFCC Breakdown (Universe Sidswipe) art in the 'Reveal' part of the CW App. Hopefully that does happen on the toy packaging when released.

5FDP
3rd March 2015, 08:30 AM
The fan-rage over on TFW regarding Hotspot's mistransformed vehicle mode was hilarious :D

The more I see of Cyclonus the more I'm convinced I'm better off sticking with my Generations one.

Sinnertwin
3rd March 2015, 09:27 AM
Cyclonus is looking pretty drab with the paint apps from the prototype gone. The alt mode is still hella sexy though.

Which paint apps? That bit of orange (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/combiner-wars-voyager-cyclonus-at-hasbro-toy-fair-2015-event-182099/) from his stomach? Or adding the silver under his head?

Bidoofdude
3rd March 2015, 09:56 PM
Which paint apps? That bit of orange (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/combiner-wars-voyager-cyclonus-at-hasbro-toy-fair-2015-event-182099/) from his stomach? Or adding the silver under his head?

I would say that the orange actually does a bit. It breaks the stomach up a lot. The silver looked darker in prototype pics, which looked more detailed IMO.

prjkt
3rd March 2015, 10:04 PM
I would say that the orange actually does a bit. It breaks the stomach up a lot. The silver looked darker in prototype pics, which looked more detailed IMO.

could be due to the different lighting

griffin
7th March 2015, 08:05 PM
For the official images of the Wave 3 Deluxes, BBTS has the four toys in both modes (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=3593&category=10375), plus a photo of their limb mode... while the packaging images have been shown here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/combiner-wars-deluxe-wave-3-in-package-182233/).

Defcon
7th March 2015, 10:20 PM
I hate to say this. I find the deluxes to have very bland decos, not having painted rims on the wheels is not helping. In vehicle mode they just don't stand out, like wave 1 and 2. As robots they are ok. I suppose the fact that they all are repaints except for Rook, doesn't really help either.

I'm keen to find out how Takara is going to deal with these. Will they keep Rook? Is it possible, would they include a new mold to have Groove as a motorcycle for one of the limbs on Defensor? I would say there is a slim chance. It would be out of scale but I don't care in this case :D

griffin
7th March 2015, 10:38 PM
I hate to say this. I find the deluxes to have very bland decos, not having painted rims on the wheels is not helping. In vehicle mode they just don't stand out, like wave 1 and 2. As robots they are ok. I suppose the fact that they all are repaints except for Rook, doesn't really help either.

I'm keen to find out how Takara is going to deal with these. Will they keep Rook? Is it possible, would they include a new mold to have Groove as a motorcycle for one of the limbs on Defensor? I would say there is a slim chance. It would be out of scale but I don't care in this case :D

Definitely wait for the Japanese versions for a possibly better/accurate colouring.

First Aid and Streetwise are more than just redecos... there's a fair bit of remoulding on each.

Omega Metro
7th March 2015, 10:43 PM
I actually like how they are all red, white, blue and black. I think wave 3 is the best out of all of them.