PDA

View Full Version : G1 Junkers

jmacbrid
7th March 2015, 12:01 PM
Hey Everyone,

I have just started collecting G1 transformers. I generally buy loose G1 junkers (ebay) and find a matching G1 junkers and build one transformer. Put on some reprolabels and touch up paint, job done.

I was wondering where the best place would be to find G1 junkers at a reasonable cost? International shipping is a killer.

Cheers J

SMHFConvoy
7th March 2015, 01:45 PM
Try the members sale yard on this forum and keeping an eye out for collectors/ vintage fairs.

griffin
7th March 2015, 03:20 PM
Also try Ebay Australia (not US ebay) with the search filter on the left set to only show items in Australia, and search for "Transformers" in the main Toys listing, or "lot" or "junker" in the Transformers section of Toys.
People who don't know much about Transformers, or don't care, will throw up lots of toys without any specific names or descriptions, so be vague with the search terms.

Jetfire in the sky
7th March 2015, 05:23 PM
Building junkers is how I started as an adult, the Beast era was good for that with all their pop off joints but as I learnt not long after G1 is also good with all the screw together pieces and the common break points on some figures (Mirage) which can easily be fixed with some Loctite and brains :)
Happy hunting.

GoktimusPrime
7th March 2015, 08:47 PM
I often come across junkers at collectable fairs -- so perhaps Nexus?