PDA

View Full Version : BidoofdudeProductions Presents: TF Generations

Bidoofdude
8th March 2015, 10:06 PM
I've started working on a stop motion project called Transformers: Generations, based on the current toyline, set somewhere before the events of MTMTE Part 1 in the Sunbow G1 cartoon. I've done a few tests, which I've posted in the Action Pose thread, but since I'm going to be adding more and more videos, I decided to make a thread.

This is the thread for Transformers: Chronicles Stop Motion Series. See update below for more info on its rebranding.

Series Synopsis:
Many years before leaving the surface of Cybertron to pursue a new source of energy, the valiant Autobots, a small group of peace-loving robots, warred with the power hungry Decepticons over their planet’s remaining energy and resources. They eventually brought their struggle 4 million years into the future on the planet Earth. These are their stories previously missing from their chronology.

Here's some sample footage thrown together for stop motion practice:
http://youtu.be/YlZbcD7Y6tE

As you can perhaps tell, I've improved upon my stop motion skills quite a bit, upgrading to full 1080p with better FPS. It looks a little Terminator 1 esque in movement (unintentionally), but I kind of like it.

Credit to TFCog for the sound effects. (http://www.thetfcog.com/)

UPDATE: After some thinking after the huge hiatus I've had due to school stuff, I've decided to focus less on a linear based story and more of a chronicle-style group of stories to fill in the gaps of the G1 cartoon universe, in a sort of rebranding. It may be a bit retcon-like (which some probably wouldn't like), but I think it's easy and cooler to make some stories out of the things missing, rather than try and make my own good storyline (which is very hard to do well). Hopefully expect a teaser for not necessarily the first episode (maybe or maybe not) as an example. I may end up using the large amount of footage I took for the first episode or not, depending on how it looks compared to what I will film in the Christmas holidays, but I'll likely upload it as an example without voices anyway. The shots I've been taking lately have been a lot sharper and will help me to shoot for a new height.

Expect hopefully good things to come, but no guarantees. I will try to use these holidays to the best of my advantage to make Transformers Chronicles a success.

Scrapped footage #1: https://youtu.be/SIrDZxolhHQ

*and if I could get the thread name changed, that would be sweet (but not too important)*

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s380/Bidoofdude/Megatron%20promo_zpswowhjy1e.jpg (http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/Bidoofdude/media/Megatron%20promo_zpswowhjy1e.jpg.html)

Omega Metro
8th March 2015, 10:15 PM
Not bad. You have more patience than me. Looking forward to seeing more😄

5FDP
9th March 2015, 09:59 AM
Looking good so far dude. Can't wait to see more :)

M-bot
9th March 2015, 04:51 PM
Great teaser! My hat's off to you, that takes a lot of work and patience, even just a short like that. Looking forward to seeing more!

Bidoofdude
9th March 2015, 07:48 PM
Great teaser! My hat's off to you, that takes a lot of work and patience, even just a short like that. Looking forward to seeing more!

The work can be a little frustrating (accidentally kicked over the camera a few times), but seeing everything you worked for create a smooth and coherent animation, it makes you feel good.

Hursticon
15th March 2015, 11:53 PM
Well done man! - A lot of time, patience and expletives no doubt went into making that, so much effort required just for 10 seconds of footage, especially if you wanted to do it at 25fps! :eek::cool:

UltimateGalvatron
17th March 2015, 08:13 AM
You seem to have much more patience then me. It took me almost 300 photos to do a 2 minute movie, which I haven't even finished editing yet :eek:

Worth a subscription :cool:

Bidoofdude
17th March 2015, 09:30 PM
I've been busy the past weekend, so progress on the first episode could take longer. I've created a timeline/plan for the series so far and I think it'll pan out alright. Stay tuned. Thanks for the (little) support that I have. :o

Megatran
21st March 2015, 05:31 PM
Keep it coming B'dude. :)

Bidoofdude
21st March 2015, 09:36 PM
Updated first post with some voice auditions. :)

UltimateGalvatron
22nd March 2015, 07:53 AM
YES OPTIBOTIMUS!

Bidoofdude
22nd March 2015, 12:20 PM
YES OPTIBOTIMUS!

There's really no confirmation at this point. I sent an email the other day, but I've received no reply yet. Fingers crossed he has the time.

ProphesizedFunk
22nd March 2015, 08:06 PM
If you need any voice work let me know Bidoofdude more than happy to help :D

Paulbot
22nd March 2015, 08:17 PM
-Whirl (something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njgqALr080U)

Off topic, but that clip tells me I need to give that Spider-Man series a go.

Bidoofdude
22nd March 2015, 08:58 PM
Off topic, but that clip tells me I need to give that Spider-Man series a go.

Ultimate Spiderman is a pretty nice show. It's currently on Disney XD (on Foxtel).

Bidoofdude
29th March 2015, 03:14 PM
Another scene for the first episode is finished. 1 or 2 small ones to go. :) Since holidays are soon, episodes should hopefully be finished a lot faster.

ProphesizedFunk
29th March 2015, 09:44 PM
Looking forward to it Bidoofdude :D

Bidoofdude
8th April 2015, 10:36 PM
Started voice work for a few characters and I've learned some new effects. The ones I've done (myself so far) are quite polished, so I'm motivated at least.

BigTransformerTrev
10th April 2015, 08:49 AM
Very nice so far mate- keep going!:)

BTW if you get stuck I can probably do a nicely comedic-yet-pyschotic Whirl vocal persona for ya ;)

Bidoofdude
10th April 2015, 02:15 PM
Very nice so far mate- keep going!:)

BTW if you get stuck I can probably do a nicely comedic-yet-pyschotic Whirl vocal persona for ya ;)

May need it. Whirl isn't set for a few episodes in, though.

Bidoofdude
1st May 2015, 11:04 PM
Sorry for delays, I've had a lot of school stuff at the moment. I should get a bit done this weekend. A Bumblebee voice would really be appreciated as well.

M-bot
4th May 2015, 07:14 PM
Sorry for delays, I've had a lot of school stuff at the moment. I should get a bit done this weekend. A Bumblebee voice would really be appreciated as well.

Don't rush it. Make it something you will be proud of, we will all be here when you release it, whenever that is. I predict it will be EPIC, which makes the waiting hard, but we'll manage. ;):cool::)

Bidoofdude
30th May 2015, 09:37 PM
Still delayed. I'm lacking a Bumblebee voice, which is putting me way behind. The rest is quite intact. Please be patient. :o

Bidoofdude
14th December 2015, 05:48 PM
After a very long while, update in first post with news on the series.

Bidoofdude
16th December 2015, 12:36 PM
Scrapped footage #1: https://youtu.be/SIrDZxolhHQ

Bidoofdude
3rd January 2016, 06:46 PM
Built some set stuff that hopefully I can utilise without it looking too repetitive. I'm still figuring out how I'd build a Decepticon crypt.

Bidoofdude
3rd January 2016, 11:25 PM
Teaser on page 1