PDA

View Full Version : Toy Kingdom Warehouse Closing Down Sale!!

hanprimus
4th September 2008, 11:02 AM
Until this Sunday only, up to 1/2 normal retail price, who wants to go with me?? :D

blackie
wow as if. where is it??

iceburn
where where?? status: BROKE!!!!
don't forget me when you see stuff...

blackie
4th September 2008, 11:04 AM
Broke??? im the one who is counting out 5c pieces to see if i can afford to go the the driving range :P

where where?? status: BROKE!!!!
don't forget me when you see stuff...

Borgeman
4th September 2008, 11:08 AM
Until this Sunday only, up to 1/2 normal retail price, who wants to go with me?? :D

yeah which particular store?

im goin to uni on sunday, so i can go past broady, camperwell and northland as well if they are all closing....

George

hanprimus
4th September 2008, 11:10 AM
It's at 343 Frankston-Dandenong Rd Dandenong South, the ad was in today's paper including a pic of G1 liokaiser.....(kidding)

blackie
4th September 2008, 11:11 AM
god dammit, harpimus beat me by a minute :P

so who wants to go on sunday?

iceburn
4th September 2008, 11:12 AM
It's at 343 Frankston-Dandenong Rd Dandenong South, the ad was in today's paper including a pic of G1 liokaiser.....(kidding)

is that the one at Fountain Gate???

hanprimus
4th September 2008, 11:38 AM
Don't think it's one of the stores, but actually the WAREHOUSE!! No idea why it's closing down....

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 12:14 PM
No not the Fountain Gate one it's a big warehouse. I've been there before as it's pretty darn close to my home. I think it was around Christmas time if I recall and all they had were Robot Replicas in the TF line.

If they are clearing out stock they probably don't have new stuff but you never know. They could be sitting on a pile of Incinerators or Desert Brawls?!

I can go check it out tonight if they are open.

autobreadticon
4th September 2008, 12:19 PM
i will come along for fun :)

k.wong23
4th September 2008, 12:42 PM
Ah just heard this on the radio wonder if anything is worth getting, Classics anyone 50% off??

blackie
4th September 2008, 12:44 PM
if anyone goes before sunday, and sees either an classic prime or magnus, or even the 2 pack, can you please buy it for me. ill even throw in a $5 finders fee :) but ill go on sunday, so this offer will only apply till sat night...

JuzMel
4th September 2008, 02:02 PM
No not the Fountain Gate one it's a big warehouse. I've been there before as it's pretty darn close to my home. I think it was around Christmas time if I recall and all they had were Robot Replicas in the TF line.

If they are clearing out stock they probably don't have new stuff but you never know. They could be sitting on a pile of Incinerators or Desert Brawls?!

I can go check it out tonight if they are open.
Paul, can you give us an update after you go tonight? Want to see if its even worthwhile going or not. Thanks

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 02:12 PM
Paul, can you give us an update after you go tonight? Want to see if its even worthwhile going or not. Thanks

Of course. :)

Verno
4th September 2008, 02:38 PM
I remember when TK in Launceston had one of those half price days. I got a RID Optimus Prime for $40 or something.

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 03:59 PM
Trust me if there are any $40 RID Primes I will buy all of them for the board! :)

jacksplatt11
4th September 2008, 04:35 PM
the broady toy kingdom has been 50% off for about a week or so now, closing down i assume... screen battles for about $20 is the only transformers thing ive seen there..

jaydisc
4th September 2008, 06:48 PM
STL and I went to the last one of these and there was absolutely zilch. Hopefully, you'll find something of interest Paul. I'll bet you'll see the Robot Replicas at most.

autobreadticon
4th September 2008, 06:53 PM
haha proberly, recent stock of robot-hero twin packs, Optimus and Megatron.
I think this place is more like a factory outlet kind of store on toys that cannot be sold in retail.

autobreadticon
4th September 2008, 06:57 PM
haha just rang Paul, BIG SURPIRSE!!!

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 07:24 PM
No big surprise, just big disappointment.

It is not worth heading down there.

The only Transformers products they had were some Unleashed statues (Jazz & Ratchet, Barricade & Blackout) for $10 each and one of the Movie Pinball things in the returns bin.

There was nothing else I saw that I thought would be of interest to anyone here. No Lego, Star Wars, not much at all with a proper brand. There were some Speed Racer products/playsets and some of those Spiderman toys aimed at toddlers, but that was about it.

There were a lot of people there, mums/dads shopping with trolleys full of stuff but most of it I would consider junk. Not enough parking I had to leave head down the road a bit and park on the grass!

autobreadticon
4th September 2008, 07:30 PM
BIG SURPIRSE - EPIC FAIL!!!!!! i wanted 50% off animated deluxes

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 07:34 PM
It was cruel of you to trick people into thinking there was anything good :rolleyes:

autobreadticon
4th September 2008, 07:45 PM
It was cruel of you to trick people into thinking there was anything good :rolleyes:

Whahahaha thats what i do baby...
there was a big surprise, unleashed , hmm hmm my favourite

iceburn
4th September 2008, 10:18 PM
that's sad news!!! what is happening to Toy Kingdom?

Golden Phoenix
4th September 2008, 10:23 PM

No, no, It's our fault for actually thinking it was possible...*sigh*

GoktimusPrime
5th September 2008, 08:11 AM
That's typical - never anything you want when there's a sale. Stupid Murphy's Law. :p

im goin to uni on sunday, so i can go past broady, camperwell and northland as well if they are all closing....
Camperwell?! Is there seriously a suburb in Melbourne called Camperwell or is that a typo for Camberwell? I thought Sydney was bad with Camperdown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camperdown,_New_South_Wales) and Campbelltown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbelltown,_New_South_Wales) (47km away from each other as the crow flies) but Camperwell and Camberwell would be extremely confoozlings! (O_o)

Paulbot
5th September 2008, 08:33 AM
Typo.

I hope the stores aren't closing and it's just a warehouse clearance thing. I am going to pop down to the Fountain Gate retail store over the weekend. I'll miss it if it goes!

autobreadticon
5th September 2008, 08:38 AM
nah its closing down forever, :( i was sad when the lilydale Toy kingdom closed

JuzMel
5th September 2008, 10:32 AM
Well not surprising considering the Toy Kingdom stores never have new good TF stock. The branch at Forest Hill has had the same items on the shelves for the last few months, always nothing new when I check every fortnight..

iceburn
5th September 2008, 10:35 AM
Well not surprising considering the Toy Kingdom stores never have new good TF stock. The branch at Forest Hill has had the same items on the shelves for the last few months, always nothing new when I check every fortnight..

well, you did get me Energon Shockblast

jaydisc
5th September 2008, 11:22 AM
I think just the warehouse is closing.

Pulse
5th September 2008, 12:31 PM
Maybe the owners are gonna re-open "Toy Kingdom" under a different banner & use a much bigger warehouse?

Paulbot
5th September 2008, 02:09 PM

It depends on the store. Forest Hill store is prety lacking, but Fountain Gate's Toy Kingdom was the first general store in the country to stock Animated.

JuzMel
6th September 2008, 07:39 PM
well, you did get me Energon Shockblast
Bro that was Toy World in Traralgon last time, Gippsland remember? Two different stores and two different location. :p

It depends on the store. Forest Hill store is prety lacking, but Fountain Gate's Toy Kingdom was the first general store in the country to stock Animated.
Yeah maybe it's a franchise thing and depends on the owner. But yeah the forest hill branch is just hopeless..

autobreadticon
9th September 2008, 09:15 PM
They aired a commerical of toy kingdom dandenong warehouse closing down sale. Ending this weekend , it indicates to viewers it hasn't ended yet!!!!

In the commerical they showed unleashed Megatron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulbot
10th September 2008, 07:57 AM
Well they didn't have any Unleashed Megatrons that I could see when I was there. It'd be $10 if you can find it in one of the unopened cartons.

At least that's accurate as to what they have there, unlike the newspaper ad that shows Deluxe Jazz despite there being no transforming Transformers there at all.

TF76
10th September 2008, 03:58 PM
I went back to Broadmeadows toy kingdom and they had Movie Premium (Metal Finish) Voyager ratchet and megatron. Marked 49.95 but half price. I got one of each I don't know if there was any more. Worth looking out for them. It seems new stock is still arriving...

autobreadticon
11th September 2008, 12:37 PM
I went back to Broadmeadows toy kingdom and they had Movie Premium (Metal Finish) Voyager ratchet and megatron. Marked 49.95 but half price. I got one of each I don't know if there was any more. Worth looking out for them. It seems new stock is still arriving...

Geez crazy price, is that a regular store or discount store?

jaydisc
11th September 2008, 12:40 PM
Looks like Toy Kingdom is indeed closing everywhere (sorry for doubting you in the other thread Bread)... or more aptly described... they have been acquired by Toy World, at least according to the cashier at Broadmeadows Toy Kingdom, where I just returned from. Everything at Broadmeadows is 50% off. I grabbed the last three Metallic Megatrons... they had no Ratchets :(

Supposedly, they're clearing this shop, and then stock from a bucketload of other shops will be shipped there to be sold in October, or something like that. It was all a bit confusing and she was rushed.

Paulbot
11th September 2008, 01:13 PM
There was no sign at Fountain Gate's store last week that that was the case... but if it is I have to get there as soon as I can!

jaydisc
11th September 2008, 01:15 PM
She said 7 of the stores. I'm not sure which. I think the remainder will be becoming Toy Worlds.

Paulbot
11th September 2008, 01:28 PM
Most of the Toy Kingdom stores around me, Karingal, Frankston, Dandenong have all closed down in the past couple of years. A few years ago Dandenong and Parkmore both had stock clearance stores where everything was 50% off (and I got several Alternators but wish now I had just bought as many as I could carry).

The Fountain Gate store is very well stocked, moves product well and is a high population growth area so I think it might last, unlike say Forest Hill which always seems deserted.

JuzMel
11th September 2008, 01:48 PM
Most of the Toy Kingdom stores around me, Karingal, Frankston, Dandenong have all closed down in the past couple of years. A few years ago Dandenong and Parkmore both had stock clearance stores where everything was 50% off (and I got several Alternators but wish now I had just bought as many as I could carry).

The Fountain Gate store is very well stocked, moves product well and is a high population growth area so I think it might last, unlike say Forest Hill which always seems deserted.
If that's the case, does that mean the Forest Hill store will be clearing stock as well? Hmmm maybe I should check it out on friday or something.. :p

Pulse
11th September 2008, 01:48 PM
I'm guessing Toy Kingdom & Toy World would carry basically the same stock so couldn't those Toy Kingdom stores/warehouse just carry the same stock directly over?

jaydisc
11th September 2008, 03:47 PM
Just got word from Bread. He found $30 Ratchets at one somewhere East or South ish...

iceburn
11th September 2008, 04:00 PM
Just got word from Bread. He found $30 Ratchets at one somewhere East or South ish...

Quick grab the lot before they are scalped:eek:

Stompy
11th September 2008, 05:09 PM
Darn. Went to Broadmeadows TK today and no more as reported. I just wanted one of each Metallic finish figs. Nothing else left that was worth the money even at 50% off.

jacksplatt11
11th September 2008, 05:41 PM
has anyone checked epping toy kingdom? as its relatively new (a year old) it has heaps and heaps of transformers stuff.. would be awesome if it was 50% off.. im gonna check it tomoz

blackie
11th September 2008, 06:03 PM
eastland isnt closing down, which is a shame realy, case they just got some more voyager primes in and they want $50 :'(

jaydisc
11th September 2008, 07:29 PM
Epping does not have the metallics. I put my name down there. They do have Universe Ultras and Animated Leaders Bulkhead and Megs. Cylinder Movie deluxes, movie voyagers (TC, RR era)

jacksplatt11
11th September 2008, 07:52 PM
Epping does not have the metallics. I put my name down there. They do have Universe Ultras and Animated Leaders Bulkhead and Megs. Cylinder Movie deluxes, movie voyagers (TC, RR era)

alright sweet, so were they 50% off? or epping isn't closing down/changing to toy world... im not interested in the metallics

autobreadticon
11th September 2008, 09:05 PM
Frentree Gully toy Kingdom is another discount store

jaydisc
11th September 2008, 10:05 PM
alright sweet, so were they 50% off? or epping isn't closing down/changing to toy world... im not interested in the metallics

No sales or closure at Epping. Sorry.

blackie
11th September 2008, 10:12 PM
anything good at ftg bread?

iceburn
11th September 2008, 10:17 PM
wow..u guys have been really hunting around Melbourne...
nice job guys

STL
11th September 2008, 10:33 PM

Whereabouts exactly? I've got to get me Ratchet.

jaydisc
11th September 2008, 11:41 PM
Not sure. Bread?

autobreadticon
12th September 2008, 05:44 PM
Pm i will tell u

Paulbot
12th September 2008, 08:24 PM
Fountain Gate's store is not closing down and doesn't have any Premium figures.