PDA

View Full Version : Target 30% off Big Brands (Transformers inc.) - ends 22nd March

k.wong23
19th March 2015, 09:12 AM
http://www.target.com.au/c/toys/W138532

Just stumbled on this, short 4 day sale.

Might return my G1 megs and re-purchase if possible...hehe

dsphatlite
19th March 2015, 09:15 AM
Sigh... Don't you hate that.

Omega Metro
19th March 2015, 10:09 AM
Still don't think Armada Megs is worth buying at 30% off?:confused:

Handsprime
19th March 2015, 11:28 AM
As odd as this sounds, I hope they have some Robots in Disguise stuff. I'm a little bit tired over how limited the distribution of the toys are at the moment (I don't want to have to go to Toys R Us/toyworld just to get some RID stuff)

griffin
19th March 2015, 04:27 PM
I guess they are trying to desperately clear out more of the older stock, but aren't bothered about selling a bit of the new stuff in the process.
With only four days to the sale, it's not likely that we'll see anything new arrive at stores in time to benefit from it... unless you are one of those people who buys up extras on sale to then exchange later for the newer toys of the same assortment when they come out at full price.

FruitBuyer
19th March 2015, 04:28 PM
Dang, I already made my round of purchases.

Still, makes it really tempting to get Armada Megatron now.

UltimateGalvatron
19th March 2015, 08:15 PM
I don't know why everyone dislikes Armada Megatron? It isn't that bad I reckon and I think that this mould is at least as good as G1 Megs mould. I would probably get Armada Megatron over the G1 toy. I guess I'm just upset about how bad the original Armada Megatron was :(

Megatran
19th March 2015, 08:34 PM
No Star Wars. Booo.

*snip* ... unless you are one of those people who buys up extras on sale to then exchange later for the newer toys of the same assortment when they come out at full price.
The things you come up with is disturbing. :p Who does this anyway?

Zommael
19th March 2015, 09:32 PM
I don't know why everyone dislikes Armada Megatron? It isn't that bad I reckon and I think that this mould is at least as good as G1 Megs mould. I would probably get Armada Megatron over the G1 toy. I guess I'm just upset about how bad the original Armada Megatron was :(

People don't like it because it isn't G1 Megatron, and yet is on the shelves at the same time and has the same mould.

Personally, I'm with you. I honestly think the Armada colours are far superior. But regardless of which version you end up getting, CW Megatron is a toy that belongs in every collection, because it's awesome.

Bidoofdude
19th March 2015, 09:43 PM
What does that make Leader Megatron now (G1 in particular, but they're the same pricepoint). What's his regular price.

Akky82
19th March 2015, 10:01 PM
What does that make Leader Megatron now (G1 in particular, but they're the same pricepoint). What's his regular price.

Should be 62-63$ now, might just pick one up... even though a certain other look-alike 3p figure is just around the corner and i dont normally double up on characters...

griffin
19th March 2015, 10:27 PM
The regular price at Target is $89, so 30% off is $62.30.
Definitely cheaper than importing at the moment.

griffin
19th March 2015, 10:58 PM
No Star Wars. Booo.

The things you come up with is disturbing. :p Who does this anyway?

I haven't done it myself because I import most things, but I know people who do... and even though it feels like it is wrong to me, I can't actually find anything wrong with it if you do it at a store that allows for exchanges due to a "change of mind".
The store isn't losing money or losing stock, as you paid them at one price, and swapping it for a different item in the EXACT SAME assortment, regardless of what new price it is at.

Stores are not required to exchange items due to "change of mind", that's just something some stores do to get people to shop there... so if there aren't any conditions preventing you from buying something ahead of a price-rise or during a sale, the store isn't losing anything. If anything, it would clear out early waves quicker for them to restock, for us to get later waves quicker.

The only thing I can think of that is a possible negative is if too many people buy up in bulk and prevent others from getting the toys while they are on sale.... but I feel that it is more likely to have people buying up the cheap toys in bulk just to sell them later at full price, or at a premium, at a collector fair or on ebay.

Bidoofdude
19th March 2015, 11:05 PM
Wow. $63 is pretty good actually. I need to find one then. I hope somewhere close restocks.

Ploughmans Lunch
20th March 2015, 12:03 AM
If you find one can you get a hold put on one for me? Kinda keen because I don't have time to toy hunt :(