PDA

View Full Version : Best Decepticon Toy

jmacbrid
26th March 2015, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

To date I have only collected G1 Transformers, I am looking to branch out for my final Decepticon in my collection for now. Most of them started out as junkers and have been repaired then repro labelled.

Currently I have the following (all Japanese Variants);

G1 AutoBots

Ultra Magnus
Mirage
Jazz
SideSwipe
Prowl
Ratchet (With Best Toys Head)
Blaster with Rewind
Wheeljack
Jetfire
Optimus Prime (Cab Only)
Grimlock
Sludge

G1 Decepticons

Soundwave with Ravage
Shrapnel
Bombshell
Kickback
Starscream
Thundercracker
Skywarp
WeirdWolf

On the way;

Alternators Shockwave

I like the G1 styling in Robot Mode but in vehicle mode I am not too fussed, can anyone suggest a Decepticon that will fit the mold. I am looking to balance out my collection, so bot similar size to G1 Ultra Magnus/Blaster would be ideal.

Cheers,

J

BigTransformerTrev
26th March 2015, 01:18 PM
I am looking to balance out my collection, so bot similar size to G1 Ultra Magnus/Blaster would be ideal.

Sixshot

Paulbot
26th March 2015, 01:23 PM
If you were looking for a G1 toy, I'd suggest looking for a reissue Galvatron. He's about the same size as Ultra Magnus, is an 'official' leader character for your 'cons, and would look really good with those other 'cons you have (in either original colours or the anime variant).

For something newer. Maybe Ultra Onslaught or Darkwing from the Universe 2.0 line. Or the upcoming Combiner Wars Leader Thundercracker toy.

Ode to a Grasshopper
26th March 2015, 02:38 PM
I'm not totally sure what you mean by 'branching out', but here's my suggestions.

From G1, probably Galvatron. Scorponok could work too, but he's a just a little bit big for what you say you're looking for. That said, it might still look good given you have more Autobots than Decepticons.

If you're alright with non-G1 toys, the recent Leader-class Megatron might suit your needs.
Masterpiece Black Convoy is another good possibility. Probably kind of expensive though.
It's a little bit different stylistically than the old 80s toys, but Transformers Animated Megatron or Shadow Blade Megatron could be a good fit too.

Trent
26th March 2015, 02:52 PM
I'd second Galvatron if you want G1. Failing that, watch a review or 2 of the Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron. Could be what you want.

jmacbrid
26th March 2015, 03:34 PM
I am looking for something outside of G1, as with Shockwave I am not the biggest fan of G1 version nor the price. But I love the Alternator version.

Funnily enough I actually have a 90% complete G1 Galvatron (He is missing the orange cannon), is about to be re-listed on Ebay (Buyer didn't pay). I am not the biggest fan, especially given that I can't track down an orange cannon has been a major source of annoyance.

Good suggestions so far, I will be researching them tonight.

UltimateGalvatron
26th March 2015, 08:28 PM
If you want something G1, I would say either Sixshot or one of the target masters from season 4.

If you want something more modern, maybe Leader Class G1 Megatron from Combiner Wars.

Jetfire in the sky
26th March 2015, 08:39 PM
Sixshot

Yep, that's the go :)

leej84
26th March 2015, 09:49 PM
Wat about g1 combiners?

Raider
26th March 2015, 11:11 PM
I agree with the Galvatron suggestion. The moment I saw you say Ultra Magnus I was thinking Galvatron is your best bet.

Hursticon
27th March 2015, 12:35 AM
I 2nd Odey on G1 Scorponok. :cool:

Paulbot
27th March 2015, 07:56 AM
Reminder jmacbrid is:
...looking for something outside of G1... I misread the original post too :o

BigTransformerTrev
27th March 2015, 08:58 AM
I am looking for something outside of G1.

Oh ok, in that case...

Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron.

...^ this

jmacbrid
28th March 2015, 02:06 PM
Given the majority suggestion of a G1 Galvatron, I have decided to give him a second chance. I ordered some Repro labels for him and managed to find a resin cast reproduction cannon for him on Ebay. Let the restore begin, may even repaint to be more cartoon correct as well.

Ode to a Grasshopper
29th March 2015, 09:23 AM
You know...aside from Megatron, Devastator, Reflector, and a few of Soundwave's cassettes (Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Rumble, Frenzy), you have a full cartoon Season 1 Decepticon cast there.
Galvatron will match up well against Magnus size- and canon-wise, buuut...if you picked up, say, the new Leader Megatron (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:LeaderMegatron2015.jpg) (or did up a Junker, or even found a Revoltech Megs), the upcoming Titan class Devastator (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/toy-fair-us-2015-coverage-new-gallery-transformers-generations-devastator/32226/), the remaining cassettes, and a Reflector (I'd suggest these little guys (http://www.transformers-universe.com/include.php?path=content/articles.php&contentid=2254) if you don't mind 3rd Party stuff, even junker G1 Reflectors might be hard to come by), then you'd have the full set.
I'm not sure if that's something that would appeal to you, and it'd mean picking up more than one more Decepticon, but it seems worth thinking about when you're so close anyway.

theshape
29th March 2015, 09:58 AM
Black zarak or dezarus

liegeprime
29th March 2015, 02:00 PM
Galvatron is a good choice. Of course instead of a fixer one just grab the reissue. he talks in Japanese too :)

SoundwavePerth
6th April 2015, 02:29 AM
Cant go past sixshot. I just put mine on display after 20 odd years.

He came out much later when we were young, so is pretty much in mint condition as wasn't played with much.

Beast of a figure. Though when I was young, I went to the toy shop(with my hard earned savings) to buy scorponok. I think I saw sixshot, and as a kid, though alternating six transformations had to be better!

I think I had buyers regret for years after... but not really sure where I stand at the moment.

He is currently towering above my universe/generations deluxe decepticons.