PDA

View Full Version : MP-18B - BLUESTREAK for August in Japan

Krayt
26th March 2015, 04:40 PM
Well it's finally happening.... TakaraTomyMall is selling Diaclone coloured Bluestreak

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810827825/

Sinnertwin
26th March 2015, 04:41 PM
Via TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/takara-reveals-mp-18b-bluestreak-182355/)
Limited to 2000 units
No release date yet, but i suspect it'll be another Toy Show Exclusive.

It's happening! TakaraTomyMall has just revealed a Masterpiece figure that will surely send fans into a frenzy: MP-18B Bluestreak! That's right, it's a blue Bluestreak! This deco is based on the Diaclone figure and has been a color scheme desperately wanted by the fanbase.

According to the web page, it looks like this will be a limited release of about 2,000 and available in Japan, likely as a web or other type of exclusive, so it may be one of the more difficult pieces to obtain.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/4904810827825_1427344049_zpsoh6bjg1j.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/4904810827825_1427344049_zpsoh6bjg1j.jpg.html)

kurdt_the_goat
26th March 2015, 04:45 PM
Goddamn, i really don't need a fourth of this mould... but it looks spot on and just plain awesome!

Looks like ... limited to 2000 pieces and exclusive though, at least in Japan.

http://i.imgur.com/pJbbwvp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mcnqbVZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/E7t0kad.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s8yJCG4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hcxnsTR.jpg

Omega Metro
26th March 2015, 04:49 PM
Looks very nice. But will pass.

Bidoofdude
26th March 2015, 04:51 PM
As someone who's not a fan of Bluestreak, that looks really nice.

janda the red
26th March 2015, 04:51 PM
i'm gonna be all over this like a chubby kid with a donut! lol :)

colours look awesome... cant wait!

Bladestorm
26th March 2015, 04:52 PM
This is really nice. LOVE the blue. Whilst I don't normally collect the MP cars I think I might have to make an exception for this guy if I see him in a store.

Robzy
26th March 2015, 04:59 PM
Looks sooo good!!! :eek::o

Krayt
26th March 2015, 05:02 PM
Goddamn, i really don't need a fourth of this mould... but it looks spot on and just plain awesome!

Looks like ... limited to 2000 pieces and exclusive though, at least in Japan.

Don't need a fourth.... this is the fifth!!!!

Seraphim Prime
26th March 2015, 05:03 PM
Orders go for 10 days from the start of April to 10 April.

Why does this feel like a Goktimus April Fools joke?

:)

kurdt_the_goat
26th March 2015, 05:16 PM
Don't need a fourth.... this is the fifth!!!!

Indeed, Silverstreak was awesome too, but i feel a little better about skipping him now this one's coming :)

VERT
26th March 2015, 05:23 PM
Must have:)

Megatran
26th March 2015, 05:25 PM
It was inevitable. Colour looks striking. I wonder what accessories will follow.

Make it a limited release and watch the price go up & up.

(could a moderator merge the 2 threads of the same topic)

nexusnixx
26th March 2015, 05:38 PM
so what my supplier said is true... limited quantity might be a marketing gimmick - just like MP Evangelion

Trent
26th March 2015, 05:51 PM
Personally I think Silverstreak looks better. Still, it looks nice.

UltraMarginal
26th March 2015, 05:53 PM
'tis very shiny but I think I'm good for Datsuns at the moment.

griffin
26th March 2015, 06:05 PM
August 1st release date at 7,992 yen (about AU$90), but as noted by others, it has a pre-order period in the first week of April... which means that it won't be released to other stores. If other sources have it for sale, it will be from this exclusive source (that sold four of the Cloud toys) and have a markup on that price for their own profit margin.

After 30 years, we finally get an official blue Bluestreak "Gen1" toy... and they limit it to 2000 and only accessible by Japanese residents.

This one is going to get very expensive very fast when it is released.
(and being limited to just the JP market with a limited number, it is not likely to be released in the HK market... or have a chance at being released here)

Did anyone notice the function on the image in the first post? "Cybertron Unknown"... it's almost like it is a tongue-in-cheek nod to this toy being in limbo for 30 years.

reillyd
26th March 2015, 06:13 PM
so what my supplier said is true... limited quantity might be a marketing gimmick - just like MP Evangelion

Umm, supplier? Are you ordering a bulk batch to onsell? I'd love to get in on that - EARLY, before the price jackrockets on ebay ;)

Defcon
26th March 2015, 06:38 PM
lol limited to 2000 units. Looks good, but not sure about getting one if the price is excessive.

Paulbot
26th March 2015, 06:51 PM
I want! But the exclusive price and rarity... Ugh

Akky82
26th March 2015, 06:53 PM
Shame that the price wil be high, as i might be on my own here with this opinion but i'd be happy to have this on my shelf and put streak back in his box... I like it but yeah, wouldnt pay a premium.

drifand
26th March 2015, 07:05 PM
If premium I will pass. Wondering if the ko will release it first

Tober
26th March 2015, 07:21 PM
We've had Hasbro Asia releases of MP exclusives before... All of them except BAPE Convoy I think...

Here's the pre-order page for those using proxies -

I don't see anything about pre-orders starting on the 1st of April either... :confused:

kurdt_the_goat
26th March 2015, 07:24 PM
...This one is going to get very expensive very fast when it is released.
(and being limited to just the JP market with a limited number, it is not likely to be released in the HK market... or have a chance at being released here)...

Didn't you get a date in July for a Hasbro version at Toyfair though?
Maybe they'll have a slightly different deco, but the odds of it coming out before the Japanese one must be low.

Magnus
26th March 2015, 07:31 PM
Looks good. Generally, I only buy what I see on screen, but I may make an exception in this case... depending on the price. Right now I don't own any of the Masterpiece Datsuns.

griffin
26th March 2015, 09:20 PM
We've had Hasbro Asia releases of MP exclusives before... All of them except BAPE Convoy I think...

Here's the pre-order page for those using proxies -

I don't see anything about pre-orders starting on the 1st of April either... :confused:

It actually starts today until April 10th. It's the red writing just above the image that has both modes and the MP number & function.

It basically translates to...

Orders period: March 26, 2015 (Thursday) 13:00 - April 10 (Friday) 13:00.
Limited number: Reservations up to 2000 pieces.

griffin
26th March 2015, 09:21 PM
Didn't you get a date in July for a Hasbro version at Toyfair though?
Maybe they'll have a slightly different deco, but the odds of it coming out before the Japanese one must be low.

This was not one of the names on the MP listing for Australia.... but could end up being one of the unnamed cars for Nov-Dec.

griffin
26th March 2015, 10:36 PM
Damn... in the last hour the 2000 pre-order units sold out! :(

It was still in stock an hour ago when I posted my reply above.
They didn't even last a day. (I was predicting it would sell out within 2 days)

If you didn't have someone secure one before they sold out, it will be a long wait until August... and expect prices to go $200+ from secondary sources. :(

crankcase76
26th March 2015, 11:04 PM
Geez, i wish that this was the first release of bluestreak. Would have been a better looking MP, but seeing though that it has already sold out will be a pass on this one.

Sinnertwin
26th March 2015, 11:21 PM
$79.99 BBTS.
Yep, i'll take one
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12102&mode=retail

drifand
26th March 2015, 11:38 PM
I actually don't dig the gold, I prefer if it was yellow to be honest.

kurdt_the_goat
27th March 2015, 01:00 AM
This was not one of the names on the MP listing for Australia.... but could end up being one of the unnamed cars for Nov-Dec.

I could have sworn you said it was coming here, so i checked your Toyfair post (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20494)...

Masterpiece Bluestreak will be out here in about July.

I had relatives over tonight, went to preorder after they left and ... boat sailed :( FFN'nnn!
Not exactly keen for BBTS with the current exchange, so now i'm hoping your Toyfair info was correct or more from asian sellers.

griffin
27th March 2015, 01:20 AM
I could have sworn you said it was coming here, so i checked your Toyfair post (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20494)...

I had relatives over tonight, went to preorder after they left and ... boat sailed :( FFN'nnn!
Not exactly keen for BBTS with the current exchange, so now i'm hoping your Toyfair info was correct or more from asian sellers.

That masterpiece news was split into two listings with two different headings just for this reason, to prevent people from mistaking the Hasbro MPs from the TakaraTomy MPs. ;)

griffin
27th March 2015, 01:30 AM
$79.99 BBTS.
Yep, i'll take one

If this doesn't get released by Hasbro HK as well, that will be a very good price. With the different exchange rates of AU, US & Yen, the BBTS price in AU$ isn't much more than the TakaraTomyMall price in AU$.
And the great thing about the BBTS pre-order is that if does get released by Hasbro HK and is easily available in August, I'll just cancel the pre-order and not lose any money.
A bit like a hotel reservation... you grab one early and cancel it later if something better shows up and not pay a thing.

kurdt_the_goat
27th March 2015, 01:43 AM
That masterpiece news was split into two listings with two different headings just for this reason, to prevent people from mistaking the Hasbro MPs from the TakaraTomy MPs. ;)

Ok, well now i'll just hope Hasbro's MP Bluestreak has the exact same deco!

Sinnertwin
27th March 2015, 01:47 AM
Ok, well now i'll just hope Hasbro's MP Bluestreak has the exact same deco!

if the images we saw at the Nuremburg toy fair are anything to go by, it'll just be his standard colours

kurdt_the_goat
27th March 2015, 01:55 AM
Ah that's right, it was just the black/silver deco wasn't it.

Anyway, Griff's advice on BBTS is spot on so i just preordered there for now.

Sinnertwin
27th March 2015, 02:11 AM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp18b.html
http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp18b.html

robotkingdom
$59.90

griffin
27th March 2015, 04:15 AM
That suggests that Hasbro HK is doing some as well... as that's too cheap for a JP import. Maybe best to preorder at a couple places and cancel later if needed... and if you get stuck with 2 it will make money reselling the extra one.

spiderken17
27th March 2015, 07:42 AM
Can I cancel my pre-order at RK and not pay anything?

DaptoDog
27th March 2015, 07:46 AM

Pretty sure you can't. But I still pre ordered from RK. Seems like the usual Japanese sources (NY, HLJ etc) may not get it so didn't want to risk waiting.

Tober
27th March 2015, 07:50 AM

Usually, yeah. Do it through their contact page.

Akky82
27th March 2015, 09:47 AM
Pretty sure you can't. But I still pre ordered from RK. Seems like the usual Japanese sources (NY, HLJ etc) may not get it so didn't want to risk waiting.

Same here, pre-ordered RK.

drifand
27th March 2015, 10:28 AM
message premium collectables to see if they can bring in any. I am more comfortable paying Aussie rate at this point. hopefully they do bring in some.

And yes they are bringing it in, just waiting on price.

Sinnertwin
27th March 2015, 10:41 AM
for a supposedly limited edition toy, i'm seeing quite a few options online & at reasonable prices too.

spiderken17
27th March 2015, 10:54 AM
message premium collectables to see if they can bring in any. I am more comfortable paying Aussie rate at this point. hopefully they do bring in some.

And yes they are bringing it in, just waiting on price.

That sounds good, hopefully they can bring it in.

drifand
27th March 2015, 11:28 AM
for a supposedly limited edition toy, i'm seeing quite a few options online & at reasonable prices too.

I personally think Takara has shot themselves in the foot and head. If this is really 2K limit, and they knew people wanted this and yet they still do this.
People will buy the KO almost by default. KO at $50, and can easily happen as they have the mould.

Saying that, prices at RK looks okay, if I am not wrong it will be about $90AU delivered.

Sinnertwin
27th March 2015, 11:39 AM
the ko is guaranteed.
It's just a matter of time now

griffin
27th March 2015, 05:35 PM

It does make me think that there must be a HK release that isn't limited, for so many dealers to be offering it so cheaply, when they know how much people would be willing to pay for this item if it was indeed limited. Both BBTS and RK would have listed this thing at well over US$100 if it was just the 2000 Japanese units being made.

griffin
27th March 2015, 05:48 PM
I personally think Takara has shot themselves in the foot and head.

Absolutely. I hope they don't stubbornly stick to their 2000 limit after seeing it sell out within hours on their own online store website.

I would have preferred to see this one as MP-23, and Exhaust as the online exclusive limited to 2000... as this blue Bluestreak has been the holy grail of Transformers fans since 1984, while Exhaust/Marlboor was something only the more hardcore collectors would chase up or even know about as a pre-Transformers Diaclone toy (along with MP collectors who buy all MPs). So when Ehobby were doing some "Diaclone" redecos in the early 2000s, they were sought after by fans who were familiar with them, but not enough to sell out of many of those very limited toys at the time of their release. (because the original toys are the prize, so those "reissues" were bought mostly by people who could never afford the real ones... like people buying KO Japanese Gen1 toys - they'd support a legit reissue, but until that happens, the KO is the only way many could afford to own that mould)

Magnus
27th March 2015, 07:24 PM
It basically translates to...

Orders period: March 26, 2015 (Thursday) 13:00 - April 10 (Friday) 13:00.
Limited number: Reservations up to 2000 pieces.

Now I'm wondering: does this mean that it's not a limited release, and that the preorders were limited to 2000 units? I'm wondering because, as other have noted, preorders are showing up at other retailers.

Tober
27th March 2015, 07:39 PM
Now I'm wondering: does this mean that it's not a limited release, and that the preorders were limited to 2000 units? I'm wondering because, as other have noted, preorders are showing up at other retailers.

The number available to the Takara Tomy Mall online store was limited to 2000. This also reflects the total number available to Japanese customers.

Hasbro Asia (not Japan) will have their own distribution.

griffin
27th March 2015, 08:05 PM
Yep. For that Japanese website, there was a two week pre-order period or 2000 units... whichever one runs out first.

MayzaPrime
27th March 2015, 09:19 PM
Yep. For that Japanese website, there was a two week pre-order period or 2000 units... whichever one runs out first.

Damn lucky I pre-ordered this morning as soon as it was listed on RK :D

Lord_Zed
27th March 2015, 10:46 PM
I preordered on from BBTS, so I'll see what happens.

I kind of wish they's given him yellow eyes with optional Decepticon insignia stickers so he could also be Exhaust's buddy.

DaptoDog
27th March 2015, 10:57 PM
Pre-orders now sold out on BBTS and The Chosen Prime. Still available at RK and TFSource.

nsm034
28th March 2015, 06:56 AM
preordered last night on rk for 59.90 have since climbed to 69.90

Premium Collectables
28th March 2015, 09:01 AM
Exclusive Reveal $94.95 AUD will be our pricing

drifand
28th March 2015, 09:22 AM
Exclusive Reveal $94.95 AUD will be our pricing

Still waiting for it to be in site to order.

dsphatlite
28th March 2015, 10:32 AM
Got mine at BBTS to stash in the POL never knew about that. Will save me a bit in S+H.

drifand
28th March 2015, 12:41 PM
What was the total paid in au from rk for those who paid $59.90us?
I think that was the cheapest

dsphatlite
28th March 2015, 01:15 PM
Normally about $20 for postage.

drifand
28th March 2015, 01:42 PM
Normally about $20 for postage.

You would know the total as you check out.
Was wondering how much it ended up as total

dsphatlite
28th March 2015, 02:01 PM

Depends if the banks have processed the charge yet, if you wanted to know the AUD amount.

drifand
28th March 2015, 02:16 PM
If you paid by Paypal it tells you right on the spot how much in Aud

nsm034
28th March 2015, 02:28 PM

i got 3 and was $283 about inc shipping in aud.

VGMStudios
28th March 2015, 02:38 PM

Highway robbery.
I added the item in my cart at 59.90 then when checking out it goes up $10.
so unfair.

Premium Collectables
28th March 2015, 02:49 PM
Now up on our website

drifand
28th March 2015, 03:11 PM
Now up on our website

I thought shipping is $10 for purchase below $200?

Edit: I see it was parcel locker issue.

Normal fixed address given. All good!

dsphatlite
28th March 2015, 03:55 PM
If you paid by Paypal it tells you right on the spot how much in Aud

Depends if you want PayPal to do the conversion. You have to be careful PayPal robs you blind on the FX conversion plus if your bank determines that PayPal is an international merchant they will charge another 3% on top of that.

I let my credit card do the conversion.

Best to use a 28 Degrees or a BankWest Zero MasterCard. No international fees and the usage of MasterCards exchange rates.

UltimateGalvatron
28th March 2015, 06:48 PM
Sorry I'm kind of lazy and just skipped to the end... is this getting an Australian release? As currently I have not Masterpiece figures, so am waiting for MP10 rerealase and this looks pretty cool.

spiderken17
28th March 2015, 07:09 PM
Just got mine from Premium Collectables. I worked out the exchange rate from Robot Kingdom and its only a couple of bucks more (maybe). I'd rather use an Australian seller.

Akky82
28th March 2015, 07:15 PM
Just got mine from Premium Collectables. I worked out the exchange rate from Robot Kingdom and its only a couple of bucks more (maybe). I'd rather use an Australian seller.

Yeah it was like 100.50 from RK (16$ usd postage) when it was 59.90 usd. Should've waited and supported local.

griffin
28th March 2015, 07:22 PM
Sorry I'm kind of lazy and just skipped to the end... is this getting an Australian release? As currently I have not Masterpiece figures, so am waiting for MP10 rerealase and this looks pretty cool.

Too early to know at this time if it is coming here.

drifand
28th March 2015, 08:35 PM
Bought from premium collectables as they seem to be doing a good job in price..
Scott is very easy to communicate with when I asked about the shipping price and was easily sorted.

IF they continue with good pricing I may get most of my tfs from them.

dsphatlite
28th March 2015, 10:19 PM
Bought from premium collectables as they seem to be doing a good job in price..
Scott is very easy to communicate with when I asked about the shipping price and was easily sorted.

IF they continue with good pricing I may get most of my tfs from them.

Yeps will start supporting local if they can get most of the import releases at a good price.

Bookmarked for future reference.

5FDP
28th March 2015, 11:32 PM
RK is now out of pre-orders. This thing is selling like hotcakes. If / when we get a local release, I fear that scalpers are gonna be snapping this up and selling them for $200 on eBay :mad:

Kazza
28th March 2015, 11:59 PM
Damn it, it looks like I've missed the boat on this one. If anyone has bought multiple pre-orders and willing to sell one to me at a fair price than that would be awesome. Please hit me up with a PM.

drifand
29th March 2015, 12:03 AM
I don't think is going to be released locally but that is to be confirm.
This piece is definitely selling faster than skywarp.

dsphatlite
29th March 2015, 12:38 PM
I don't think is going to be released locally but that is to be confirm.
This piece is definitely selling faster than skywarp.

Could be something about the price being a lot less than $200.

Sinnertwin
30th March 2015, 10:34 AM
Just checked BBTs again, they've got at least 24 if not more available for preorder, if anyone has a PoL happening
$79.99

5FDP
30th March 2015, 11:34 AM
"Limited... to how many we can sell." ;)

drifand
30th March 2015, 12:25 PM
looks like everyone is scalping. this is basically a normal figure repainted with two launchers. Push it hard enough, people will just settle on KO.

Sinnertwin
30th March 2015, 12:48 PM
looks like everyone is scalping. this is basically a normal figure repainted with two launchers. Push it hard enough, people will just settle on KO.

are you saying BBTS is scalping? Because that's their regular price on most of their regular MP cars with the exception of the Bumblebee mold -even Tracks is listed at $79.99

drifand
30th March 2015, 02:23 PM
are you saying BBTS is scalping? Because that's their regular price on most of their regular MP cars with the exception of the Bumblebee mold -even Tracks is listed at $79.99

In a way yes, we all know very well what is the actual RRP is. In this case you are agreeing that 9,500 yen is the standard RRP in BBTS.

Takara has listed at ¥7,992 yen.

Remember, is all a choice, if you are happy with BBTS prices, I am sure many will pay for it. I have no argument there. Just because it is a regular price,, it doesn't mean it is an honest price. Did you over paid your wheeljack for 9,500 yen? As TRU would have been bought at cheaper even though they are listed above RRP.

For what is worth, we are just paying for a good paint job. Nothing has changed for the figure other than box, launchers and paint.

Hursticon
30th March 2015, 02:55 PM
I'm glad this is happening for those that want one, I'll be skipping it though as I'm not really into it - I like the mystique the whole legend of a G1 blue Bluestreak has, much like the Wrecker combiner, I think this sorta takes away from that a bit. :o

Still, it's a wicked mold and I'm sure it'll look great with this Deco. ;):)

drifand
30th March 2015, 03:08 PM
I'm glad this is happening for those that want one, I'll be skipping it though as I'm not really into it - I like the mystique the whole legend of a G1 blue Bluestreak has, much like the Wrecker combiner, I think this sorta takes away from that a bit. :o

Still, it's a wicked mold and I'm sure it'll look great with this Deco. ;):)

The thing was, last year it was cheaper for the all silver version. This is my last non G1 mp for me.

Starscream77
30th March 2015, 04:02 PM
In a way yes, we all know very well what is the actual RRP is. In this case you are agreeing that 9,500 yen is the standard RRP in BBTS.

Takara has listed at ¥7,992 yen.

Remember, is all a choice, if you are happy with BBTS prices, I am sure many will pay for it. I have no argument there. Just because it is a regular price,, it doesn't mean it is an honest price. Did you over paid your wheeljack for 9,500 yen? As TRU would have been bought at cheaper even though they are listed above RRP.

For what is worth, we are just paying for a good paint job. Nothing has changed for the figure other than box, launchers and paint.

you also need to consider that BBTS is a US company who need to pay import costs as well and also depending on currency conversion i find it hard to accept they have 'scalper' prices

griffin
30th March 2015, 04:55 PM
Scalper pricing is if they had charged more than they usually do for previous items of that yen price point (like RK did), which BBTS didn't... and seeing as it is supposed to be a limited edition, most online stores charge extra because of that (and apparently BBTS are charging the same as regular release Autobot car MPs).

Krayt
30th March 2015, 05:01 PM
The thing was, last year it was cheaper for the all silver version. This is my last non G1 mp for me.

Last year the Silver was 64.90US, Blue I paid 59.90US... and both have 2 missiles! (All RK Prices, so only problem is the exchange rate)

drifand
30th March 2015, 07:44 PM
Scalper pricing is if they had charged more than they usually do for previous items of that yen price point (like RK did), which BBTS didn't... and seeing as it is supposed to be a limited edition, most online stores charge extra because of that (and apparently BBTS are charging the same as regular release Autobot car MPs).

I agree with this. Even places like Nippon Yasan have been scalping.
There are only a handful of shops that sell rrp

spiderken17
30th March 2015, 07:51 PM
That is why it is called "Recommended" Retail Price. They can charge what they want above that.

MayzaPrime
30th March 2015, 07:57 PM
I have noticed that it has sold out at RK...

The price I bought it for was $59... Good thing I jumped in early :D

drifand
30th March 2015, 08:51 PM
That is why it is called "Recommended" Retail Price. They can charge what they want above that.

If you're following prices, you will be familiar that most jp online stores sell bellow rrp.

Hk sellers are expensive being the toy is made in China. I only use them when I have no choice. Example mp-10 hasbro.
While bbts is not scalping, they are priced quite high.
Like said regular price doesn't mean is an ideal price.
Example would you pay us$65 for g2 bee or $69 delivered using jp stores?

The same Tokyo exclusive last year could be ordered at $75 Singapore dollars where this piece is at $120.

I do not buy things blindly. Being said you are free to buy from any source.

Sinnertwin
31st March 2015, 12:31 AM
you also need to consider that BBTS is a US company who need to pay import costs as well and also depending on currency conversion i find it hard to accept they have 'scalper' prices

Anything above Japanese RRP are scalper prices mate & it doesn't even matter what part of the world you operate in or other associated business costs. US, Japan, Australia - it doesn't matter. If it's not Japanese RRP or below it's scalping.
There you go, we've both discovered something new today ;)

VGMStudios
31st March 2015, 02:35 AM
Wow I complained and said that RKs prices went up and it was ignored.
Pages later someone else talk about the same thing and they get a reply.
awesome!

At any rate I'm going to think twice the next time I buy from RK.
Jerks.

Sinnertwin
31st March 2015, 10:16 AM

I'm not at all surprised with RK

5FDP
31st March 2015, 10:27 AM
Wow I complained and said that RKs prices went up and it was ignored.
Pages later someone else talk about the same thing and they get a reply.
awesome!

Don't take things so personal dude. Pretty sure no ones intentionally ignoring you :)

drifand
31st March 2015, 11:51 AM
does anyone prefer the gold on his head to be yellow?

I kind of preferred that as opposed to gold.

VGMStudios
1st April 2015, 12:03 AM
Don't take things so personal dude. Pretty sure no ones intentionally ignoring you :)

Thanks dude.

Well at any rate, this is straight from the horses mouth about the price increase.

MP-18B is a very special case, it is such a limited qty and we try to get more supply from different source.
The early one is from our normal supply channel, but the last 50 pcs is from different source with higher cost too, and we need to increase its retail accordingly.

If only they would have said something like this on their page or something. This explains the price increase. Had I known, I wouldnt have missed out! :mad:

Ultra Mackness
1st April 2015, 09:36 PM
Yahobby seems to still have them in stock:

http://www.yahobby.com/takara-tomy-transformers-masterpiece-bluestreak-p-4302.html?osCsid=pnrktcg1q330idir58gs2f52t5

drifand
1st April 2015, 09:52 PM

http://www.yahobby.com/takara-tomy-transformers-masterpiece-bluestreak-p-4302.html?osCsid=pnrktcg1q330idir58gs2f52t5

My issue is they did not reply my mail so I am worried about their service.

Ultra Mackness
1st April 2015, 10:38 PM
It's been a few years since I ordered something from them and I've only ordered from them once, but the items arrived promptly.

I'm just identifying another option should people want to preorder this and discover that it has sold out in the usual haunts.

yoshi594
1st April 2015, 10:40 PM
i ordered year of the horse stascream and prime last year. It took a long time but it eventually made it! i'd say go for it since this is probably u're last avenue to get this guy at a decent price!

Kazza
1st April 2015, 11:11 PM

Thanks Ultra Mackness, I took the plunge and just made an order with them. It cost me a total of $110.78AUD which actually beats how much it would cost to get from RK at their USD $59.90 price. The savings is in the postage. RK charges USD $23.71 to post registered air parcel while Yahobby charges USD $11.99 for standard international parcel.

In total RK charges USD $83.61 (inc postage) while Yahobby charges USD $81.98 (inc postage) to post to australia.

VGMStudios
2nd April 2015, 12:30 AM
Wow Yahobby is even cheaper than BBTS with shipping.
Great find.

drifand
2nd April 2015, 01:25 AM
Wow Yahobby is even cheaper than BBTS with shipping.
Great find.

What is not cheaper than bbts nowadays?
Bbts is only fantastic when you have multiple items.

drifand
2nd April 2015, 01:26 AM
i ordered year of the horse stascream and prime last year. It took a long time but it eventually made it! i'd say go for it since this is probably u're last avenue to get this guy at a decent price!

Thanks for the information as I ha been hesitating to order from them.

ampoldj
5th May 2015, 11:31 AM
Anyone had an idea where this can still be pre ordered (the cheapest)? thanks!

drifand
5th May 2015, 03:31 PM
Most places have sold out. Hate to say it but the Ko might be the other option when this is released.

ampoldj
5th May 2015, 04:39 PM
Most places have sold out. Hate to say it but the Ko might be the other option when this is released.

TFSource is still open but it is still about 140aud...well might just skip this one and just focus on the main line :(

ampoldj
6th July 2015, 08:38 PM
Release date has been moved from 1st of August to 29th...

Edit: There is another note at the bottom which seems to be more correct saying release date moved from 1st of August to 29th of September. Looks like they just made a typo with 8月29日and should have typed 9月29日 on the release date of product info

drifand
6th July 2015, 10:52 PM
Ran out of blue paint?

5FDP
7th July 2015, 08:26 AM
The comments over on TFW regarding the delay are hilarious. It's as if the universe will fold into itself and implode if people don't get their Diaclone-recoloured MP. The world will keep spinning people. We've gone 30 years without a proper blue Bluestreak, what's a few more weeks ;)

lancalot
8th July 2015, 04:12 PM
The comments over on TFW regarding the delay are hilarious. It's as if the universe will fold into itself and implode if people don't get their Diaclone-recoloured MP. The world will keep spinning people. We've gone 30 years without a proper blue Bluestreak, what's a few more weeks ;)

yeah what wrong with all the transformer fan lately:confused:..... they all becoming grumpy old men....lol :p

he does look very nice in blue .....

Lord_Zed
8th July 2015, 06:35 PM
yeah what wrong with all the transformer fan lately:confused:..... they all becoming grumpy old men....lol :p

More like an over developed sense of nerdy entitlement.

I'd be happy just to get one this year.

ampoldj
8th July 2015, 09:49 PM
Takara Tomy has corrected the release date and August 29 is now the correct one...now that is better than two months late :D

drifand
10th July 2015, 11:34 PM
Ran out of silver paint as well?

ampoldj
11th July 2015, 09:10 AM
Maybe ran out of carton boxes because Hasbro used alot for its Bluestreak release :D

drifand
11th July 2015, 01:56 PM
Just find it weird that this is delayed as nothing is changed in design nor accessories. Is just paint.
I am surprised the Ko did not launch theirs first.

TAAUBlaster
11th July 2015, 04:44 PM
Just find it weird that this is delayed as nothing is changed in design nor accessories. Is just paint.
I am surprised the Ko did not launch theirs first.

True, but they still have to be manufactured. There's probably just been a delay at the factory or something.

drifand
11th July 2015, 06:57 PM
True, but they still have to be manufactured. There's probably just been a delay at the factory or something.

And considering its limited numbers this should have be wrapped up easily unlike ironhide still in the making.

TAAUBlaster
11th July 2015, 09:01 PM
And considering its limited numbers this should have be wrapped up easily unlike ironhide still in the making.

Maybe. But its original release date wasn't until August anyway. And as with all types of manufacturing, even a small delay at the factory can drag out a final product release date by weeks or months by the time it reaches the final storage warehouse ready for release to consumers.

Not saying that's what happened for sure, just one theory.

UltimateGalvatron
12th July 2015, 09:15 AM
It's just a theory, a game theory! :D

nsm034
29th August 2015, 06:24 AM
:)just got shipping notice from RK

DaptoDog
29th August 2015, 07:03 AM

Same here.

griffin
30th August 2015, 12:46 AM
Now that it is finally out, images have been posted up (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/08/29/mp-18b-bluestreak-released-300545).

It looks really nice, and I can't wait for mine.

ampoldj
30th August 2015, 04:27 PM
Starts to play Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla :D

Magnus
30th August 2015, 06:24 PM
Looks good; I really like that combination of blue and silver. I'm happy for whoever gets one.

ampoldj
1st September 2015, 10:00 PM
Anyone still looking for one Anime Export has only one instock for 15800 yen though

nexusnixx
2nd September 2015, 02:51 PM
Really excited about this. Notification from my supplier too!

drifand
2nd September 2015, 04:43 PM
Question, was the face with the two "horns" yellow or gold on bluestreak?
I did thought a while back they were supposed to be gold but from those pics it did looked yellow which is what I prefer actually.

http://takaratomymall.jp/img/goods/5/4904810827825.jpg

This looked GOLD

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/08/29/mp-18b-bluestreak-released-300545

From Griffin linked, that looked more yellow.

Akky82
2nd September 2015, 05:09 PM

Wondering where mine is, preordered very quick day 1, but i'm not sure whats going on i didnt get a notice for magnus or skywarp either. Nothing in junk, email correct in system /shrug. They were confused too.

Dont want 4 Datto's though, trying to sell mp-18 with dr wu.

Zippo
2nd September 2015, 06:23 PM
I got one coming from RK
Expensive since the exchange rate has gone down hill fast but they would only get more expensive down the line if I didn't get now.

spiderken17
2nd September 2015, 08:57 PM
I got one coming from RK
Expensive since the exchange rate has gone down hill fast but they would only get more expensive down the line if I didn't get now.

What is postage like from RK for Bluestreak?

Akky82
3rd September 2015, 09:08 AM
What is postage like from RK for Bluestreak?

Mine cost $16.17 USD. Was actually thinking 2 weeks ago of cancelling it, not having any luck selling mp-18, but then I saw that it's 79.90 now, and I nabbed one day one at 59.90 so I'm super happy now (plus I paid straight away when exchange rate wasnt in the toilet so much).

drifand
3rd September 2015, 09:33 AM
Mine cost $16.17 USD. Was actually thinking 2 weeks ago of cancelling it, not having any luck selling mp-18, but then I saw that it's 79.90 now, and I nabbed one day one at 59.90 so I'm super happy now (plus I paid straight away when exchange rate wasnt in the toilet so much).

I missed out when RK release at initial price and it was about nearly $10 cheaper than PC delivered.

MayzaPrime
3rd September 2015, 11:44 AM
I was also one of the lucky ones to get Bluestreak at $59 from RK, so glad I jumped on it as soon as it was available on the website :D

kurdt_the_goat
3rd September 2015, 01:09 PM
Got mine from RK today. Joints are incredibly tight on this release, and not even a minor QC issue in sight, very pleased. And it's great to have some proper launchers finally!

Anyone chasing a coin, mine will be going up for sale ($10+postage) when i get a moment... have to recuperate some of the exchange rate loss on this guy!

nsm034
3rd September 2015, 03:21 PM
got my lot today too at the cheap RK price, even threw in some DOTM trading cards.About 10 packs which was a nice touch for a first purchase from them

drifand
7th September 2015, 12:58 PM
Gotten notifications from PC for this.

Paulbot
7th September 2015, 01:07 PM
I didn't notice until it was pointed out over the weekend, but MP-18B Bluestreak is, to be more toy accurate, based on MP Prowl rather than MP Bluestreak.

He has Prowl's waist for instance (which is more toy accurate) rather than Bluestreak's (which was molded more like the cartoon model for the MP toys).

5FDP
8th September 2015, 01:12 PM
Gotten notifications from PC for this.

Lucky you. I got nothing so far. Starting to get a bit worried.

drifand
8th September 2015, 01:26 PM
Lucky you. I got nothing so far. Starting to get a bit worried.

Did you order at early or later stages?

5FDP
8th September 2015, 02:35 PM
Did you order at early or later stages?

When preorders first opened up.

spiderken17
8th September 2015, 03:38 PM
I have been emailed as shipped.

ampoldj
8th September 2015, 05:47 PM
I was on the later but they said all orders will be filled end of the week when I inquired

MayzaPrime
8th September 2015, 05:48 PM
Got mine!!! So awesome!!! :D :D :D :D :D

5FDP
9th September 2015, 11:23 AM
It's all good, got my shipping advice today. Now, it's waiting time...

Akky82
10th September 2015, 06:43 AM
Got mine!!! So awesome!!! :D :D :D :D :D

^This. I love the finish on the paint, I'm assuming that's what MP-18S was like too? In which case I'm tempted to hunt one down. I've decided I'll keep my normal mp-18, but whether that changes to mp-18s or not depends.

5FDP
10th September 2015, 08:49 AM
Missed my delivery even though someone was home :mad: Online tracking has instructions "NO REDELIVERY OR REDIRECTION WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM TRANSDIRE". Has anyone else had this and what did you do? Their website states "A redelivery fee may be charged if no one is available to receive the delivery and Authority to leave has not been given." Not happy about this!

xlojnr
12th September 2015, 03:25 PM
you call the number on the card and arrange a redelivery for another date. they will give you a timeframe for delivery. (well now that i think about it I can't recall if I rang them or just sorted it out online... either way I just followed the instructions on the card)

PC have made an arrangement with the courier company such that none of their customers will be charged a redelivery fee.

you can relax now. Only issue is that their couriers don't seem to make much of an effort to check if anybody is actually home when they deliver. I had to watch the gate like a hawk. You could also try requesting that they ring your mobile when they're outside, but I am unsure if they actually will.

Akky82
12th September 2015, 04:08 PM
you call the number on the card and arrange a redelivery for another date. they will give you a timeframe for delivery. (well now that i think about it I can't recall if I rang them or just sorted it out online... either way I just followed the instructions on the card)

PC have made an arrangement with the courier company such that none of their customers will be charged a redelivery fee.

you can relax now. Only issue is that their couriers don't seem to make much of an effort to check if anybody is actually home when they deliver. I had to watch the gate like a hawk. You could also try requesting that they ring your mobile when they're outside, but I am unsure if they actually will.

Yeah when I get something from PC it's been coming with courier's please and I just arrange to get it from the depot which is between work and home. I didnt know about the agreement for no charging whch is why i called the depot direct rather than the number on the card. Organising redilevery for me is hard because of the times they usually deliver and my wife's roster changing weekly.

Kazza
12th September 2015, 06:28 PM
So I ordered mine from Yahobby ages ago, just wondering if anyone ordered from them and has gotten a delivery confirmation or any word from them at all?

drifand
12th September 2015, 06:45 PM
So I ordered mine from Yahobby ages ago, just wondering if anyone ordered from them and has gotten a delivery confirmation or any word from them at all?

I was worried with this business as I emailed them and never gotten a reply hence I never bought anything though they had some cheap tfs.

Wasabi_kid
13th September 2015, 10:00 PM

Hey Kazza,

I too ordered one from YAHobby. I contacted them 10 days ago before I went on a 10 day vacation to Thailand and haven't received a response or delivery notice or any contact. I am returning to work tomorrow and will see if it was delivered there in my absence. If it hasn't, looks like it may be time to go down the road of paypal dispute. I'll keep u posted.

yoshi594
13th September 2015, 10:11 PM
i've ordered from yahobby last year in january. They've never responded to my emails but i did receive my items. Took them ~2 weeks to get a shipping notice from my order (YOTH starscream). Then it took ~3 weeks to receive the item.

Kazza
13th September 2015, 10:54 PM
Hey Kazza,

I too ordered one from YAHobby. I contacted them 10 days ago before I went on a 10 day vacation to Thailand and haven't received a response or delivery notice or any contact. I am returning to work tomorrow and will see if it was delivered there in my absence. If it hasn't, looks like it may be time to go down the road of paypal dispute. I'll keep u posted.

I'm not sure if I will be eligible for paypal dispute as I pre-ordered back in april so I've passed the 45 day period to lodge a case.:confused:

i've ordered from yahobby last year in january. They've never responded to my emails but i did receive my items. Took them ~2 weeks to get a shipping notice from my order (YOTH starscream). Then it took ~3 weeks to receive the item.

I guess that's somewhat re-assuring... I just hope it gets delivered.

Wasabi_kid
13th September 2015, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure if I will be eligible for paypal dispute as I pre-ordered back in april so I've passed the 45 day period to lodge a case.:confused:

Ooer, I pre-ordered in April too, I thought paypal now allowed up to 180 days to file a dispute?

Kazza
14th September 2015, 03:06 AM
Ooer, I pre-ordered in April too, I thought paypal now allowed up to 180 days to file a dispute?

I'm not sure if it has changed, if so that is very good. I got a response from customer service at Yahobby;

Hello,

Your order will be shipped to you next week and it takes about 2 weeks shipping.

Thanks
Ting

So my guess is that all MP-18B will be shipped out at around the same time.

spiderken17
14th September 2015, 08:21 AM
I got the shipping notice for mine last Monday from PC, I'm hoping it shows up soon, I am keen to check it out. It looks very good, the blue looks to really stand out.

Wasabi_kid
14th September 2015, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure if it has changed, if so that is very good. I got a response from customer service at Yahobby;

Hello,

Your order will be shipped to you next week and it takes about 2 weeks shipping.

Thanks
Ting

Thats a little more reassuring. I'll continue to play the waiting game

ampoldj
21st September 2015, 07:03 PM
Got mine today thanks to PC...just had a little quality issues with paint apps again with Z emblem bit off as well as the excess paint on rear wiper...oh well :(

reillyd
21st September 2015, 09:03 PM
Mine just arrived, and is just perfect.

I finally have a "blue" bluestreak. If only they'd done this with a g1 reissue, but masterpiece size is still pretty cool

Wasabi_kid
22nd September 2015, 12:27 AM

Hello,

Thanks
Ting

Hey Kazza,

I received my shipping notice from YaHobby about half an hour ago. Hopefully you have received the same. Fingers crossed it turns up sooner rather than later.

On a side note I have received my MP-18b from PC as I was lucky enough to snag one during their 2nd run of pre-orders and what a fantastic figure! Amazing colour scheme and I am still amazed by the engineering they put in to the transformation of the datsuns. Thinking I may just have to track down a Silverstreak now :p

micfox001
22nd September 2015, 10:39 AM
In case that anyone wants it, I have an MISB one with collectable coin for sale, please PM me for details.