PDA

View Full Version : Big W Drop Zone sale

DELTAprime
26th March 2015, 07:26 PM
Big W currently has a "Drop Zone" sale on old and overstock items. Products vary by store and there are no lay-buys but it's worth checking out because my local store has 50% off all 2014 Transformers toys. Also for Lego collectors there's Lego sets included, including some big sets.

Omega Metro
26th March 2015, 08:47 PM
Yep, spent $600 on Lego the other day. :D

Handsprime
26th March 2015, 08:52 PM
Implying I can find any Transformers. Most Big Ws are a joke. I was lucky to find the Legend figures at Erina, but the worse Big W I have to say is Top Ryde

UltraMarginal
26th March 2015, 09:56 PM
picked up the mr potato head grimlock with little prime from macquaie for $12 down from 26.

considered the mash ups grimlock for $20.

Hursticon
27th March 2015, 01:21 AM
Picked up the Reissue '80s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Party Van yesterday, just happened to notice them on the shelf with the TMNT stuff after being stunned by the reduction of Transformers stock... Anyway, at $30 I was absolutely elated to finally own a toy I wanted since I was 4-5y/o! :D:cool:

UltimateGalvatron
27th March 2015, 05:31 PM
Picked up a Beast Hunter Apex Hunter Armour with Breakdown for $17

Paulbot
28th March 2015, 12:25 PM
Saw the AOE tie in video game down to $30 - still too much for me based on the reviews. Did finally pick up the South Park game for $20 (been waiting on that game for ages to get to that price).

i_amtrunks
28th March 2015, 10:49 PM
Saw the AOE tie in video game down to $30 - still too much for me based on the reviews. Did finally pick up the South Park game for $20 (been waiting on that game for ages to get to that price).

Also saw red dead redemption and uncharted 3 for $10 as well.

Hursticon
29th March 2015, 11:08 PM
Has anyone seen a Hero Mashers: Soundwave with this sale? - I'm after one but there's none locally which is baffling as they hadn't moved in almost 6 months prior to the sale's commencement. :rolleyes::o

philby
30th March 2015, 09:58 AM

the obsidian rpg south park one? easily worth full price!

DELTAprime
30th March 2015, 07:09 PM
Has anyone seen a Hero Mashers: Soundwave with this sale? - I'm after one but there's none locally which is baffling as they hadn't moved in almost 6 months prior to the sale's commencement. :rolleyes::o

My store had them a little while back but all Transformers except the RID Hero Mashers have sold out now because of the sale. I hope CW shows up now the shelves are clear.

vorox4251
1st April 2015, 12:03 AM
i remember the days where i found everything at big w
i found a pcc mudslinger for $10 just few years ago

Handsprime
1st April 2015, 07:34 AM
i remember the days where i found everything at big w
i found a pcc mudslinger for $10 just few years ago

But everything changed when the AOE army came. Now you have to be very lucky to find anything that was released before AOE, otherwise you're not gonna find anything good :(

Megatran
5th April 2015, 04:28 PM
I've been looking for the $2 Mr Potato Head Optimus Prime (not the one with the big Grimlock which is $12) in several Big W stores in my area but no luck.

UltimateGalvatron
5th April 2015, 04:30 PM
My Big W had a Hero Mashers Soundwave for $14 when I checked yesterday.

Sinnertwin
5th April 2015, 04:37 PM
But everything changed when the AOE army came. Now you have to be very lucky to find anything that was released before AOE, otherwise you're not gonna find anything good :(

AoE was released here 9 months ago and the FE toys 12.
What were you hoping to find that wasn't AoE related a year later?

Hursticon
5th April 2015, 07:09 PM
I've been looking for the $2 Mr Potato Head Optimus Prime (not the one with the big Grimlock which is $12) in several Big W stores in my area but no luck.

I'll pop into my local sometime this week and see if they've got any dude, if they did they'd be in the toddler's section huh? :)

My Big W had a Hero Mashers Soundwave for $14 when I checked yesterday.

Wow! - Really? - That low? :eek:

Great time for them all to mysteriously vanish after not moving for 6 months at the Dapto store. :rolleyes:

UltimateGalvatron
6th April 2015, 06:08 AM
Yeh cheap but I don't really like them...

BigTransformerTrev
6th April 2015, 07:39 AM
Picked up a Bumblebee bed-tent (you attach it over your single bed) for half price ($17) 9 months in advance for my sons 3rd birthday :)

Megatran
6th April 2015, 05:08 PM
3D Deco Light Autobot / Decepticon Shield. $20 each (was supposively $45).

Megatran
11th April 2015, 10:56 AM

I'll pop into my local sometime this week and see if they've got any dude, if they did they'd be in the toddler's section huh? :)

Appreciate the offer Hursti, but I managed to grab a hold of one this morning. Took the point-of-sale display box that goes with it (with Big W's permission of course). Not bad for $2 all up. :)

Hursticon
13th April 2015, 11:02 PM
Appreciate the offer Hursti, but I managed to grab a hold of one this morning. Took the point-of-sale display box that goes with it (with Big W's permission of course). Not bad for $2 all up. :)

Oh good! - Glad you found one mate, I had a look at my local and there was absolutely nothing, Big W has reduced TFs even further - To 4 pegs of AoE 3-Step changers and nothing more. O_O

I don't know if they're prepping for restock either, as they've filled all the spaces with whatever stupid fad toy line kids are into now. :rolleyes:

Still, pretty lucky to score the display box too dude! :eek::)