PDA

View Full Version : Leaked and Promo 2015 Collector Club toy images

griffin
3rd April 2015, 03:21 PM
Since these are all grouped together at the source, this has to be a new topic... so here are some more images (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tcc-round-up-new-in-hand-images-of-nova-prime-lio-convoy-g2-starscream-and-nacelle-182399/) of some of the completed FunPub toys for this year, from the factory it seems, and showing us both modes.

Membership toy - Lio Convoy
Store exclusive - Nova Prime
Subscription toy - Nacelle
Subscription toy - Gen2 Starscream

griffin
4th April 2015, 09:03 AM
Subscription Tarantulas has appeared as well (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tcc-figure-subscription-service-tarantulas-in-hand-images-182414/).

Bidoofdude
4th April 2015, 07:39 PM
Nova Prime looks decent, but too short and not bulky enough. Hopefully we see a bigger one sometime. I should really get Orion Pax (and Hoist, still haven't tracked him down).

prjkt
4th April 2015, 08:16 PM
That Tarantulus looks great. Maybe it's just the shiny, but I'm loving the colour choice.

I'm going to try to put together a classics-verse G2 collection, so that Starscream is a perfect fit. Going to have to go back and track a few figures down.

crankcase76
4th April 2015, 10:30 PM
Like the nova prime, wonder how i'm going to get this guy?

Megatran
6th April 2015, 07:33 PM

Me too. How do I order Nova Prime?

EDIT: Found the answer in Post #16 of the "Nova Prime - 2015 Collectors Club exclusive figure" thread.

Unlike the Subscription toys, the Club Store exclusives are not made to order... so they get a set amount produced and then sell them on their website to members only.

griffin
6th April 2015, 09:46 PM
Yeah, these (Nova Prime & Marissa) are Club store exclusives like Punch and Animated Cheetor, in that members have to buy from their online store when they are in-stock, or as a pre-order within a couple weeks of their release. As such, if they are a popular item and the production number is low, they will sell out fast (like Punch)... and if not popular, they will sit for months or years (like Cheetor did).

prjkt
7th April 2015, 10:29 AM
There's a couple of things on the club store I'd pick up if they're still there when Nova Prime is released, so if anyone wants me to order an extra Nova, let me know and we'll work something out

Megatran
7th April 2015, 07:29 PM
There's a couple of things on the club store I'd pick up if they're still there when Nova Prime is released, so if anyone wants me to order an extra Nova, let me know and we'll work something out
I'd be interested pending price. What's the release date?

prjkt
7th April 2015, 07:34 PM
I don't think either have been announced yet

griffin
7th April 2015, 09:36 PM
They rarely give dates anymore for their things... and when they do, they miss them by months. :(

crankcase76
8th April 2015, 05:21 PM

could you maybe grab one for me as well? would be much appreciated.:)

fatbot
8th April 2015, 05:23 PM

you can ask me real bloody nicely to buy it for you

crankcase76
8th April 2015, 05:27 PM
Sweet, could you dude?

Let me know if you can and how much. as I have already got you to get Carzap for me.:)

UltimateGalvatron
8th April 2015, 05:38 PM
How much is Nova Prime Australian?

crankcase76
8th April 2015, 05:40 PM
How much is Nova Prime Australian?

Not to sure?:confused: would have to be converted to the US dollar and exchange rates at the moment really suck.

griffin
8th April 2015, 08:28 PM
Prices will be revealed when they are for sale.

Hopefully the Nova Prime and Marissa are out before BotCon, so that I can get extras there for others. And I'd prefer to get them in person too, as FunPub overcharge international postage.

Megatran
8th April 2015, 10:38 PM
Membership toy - Lio Convoy
Subscription toy - Nacelle
Subscription toy - Gen2 Starscream
With the exception of Nova Prime, the remaining toys are on its way (courtesy of Chimungmung). *fist pump*

crankcase76
8th April 2015, 10:58 PM
Prices will be revealed when they are for sale.

Hopefully they are not to pricey, bossbot.:)

Hopefully the Nova Prime and Marissa are out before BotCon, so that I can get extras there for others. And I'd prefer to get them in person too, as FunPub overcharge international postage.

I would love to get there one day myself, always wanted to go. And with the exchange rate postage would be a killer at the moment.:rolleyes:

prjkt
9th April 2015, 12:26 AM
With the exception of Nova Prime, the remaining toys are on its way (courtesy of Chimungmung). *fist pump*

hmm damn, they've got them already? I guess that means the club is sort of ready to start shipping?

I did see Carzap up on the site there last week too

SuspectimusPrime
10th April 2015, 10:45 PM

Very nice Megatran. I was considering getting those as well, but then felt it was too much of a mark up from their Taobao source (http://s.taobao.com/search?q=transformers+tfcc&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=mall&sourceId=tb.index&spm=a215z.7106357.5803581.d4908513). The better Chinese shipping forwarders still only charge $8 package fee + 10% of the item's value.

I did, however, cave and bought this eBay HK listing for Krok (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251881490931). Hoping the quality is good enough. Cancelled my BBTS listing straight away - can't wait for another 2-3 months for this guy :D

griffin
11th April 2015, 10:05 AM
While on the topic of Collector Club toys - at the GIJoe convention happening this weekend, the "trading cards/autograph cards" being sold at the event have a couple more possible crossover toys to go with Marissa (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1039002-new-prime-soundwave-repaint-coming-tfcc-gijcc.html).

One card has Marissa/Afterburner, while another card has "Old Snake" (from the Original Series cartoon), and a third card has a Battle Android Trooper (BAT) done from the TFPrime Soundwave mould.
Since Pete had noted in a previous Podcast that more figures like Marissa were already happening regardless of how well Marissa does, I think we are likely to see the Old Snake as a toy for the Transformers Club... but as for the BAT, that one might end up being a GIJoe Club toy.

With Serpentor and Marissa toys already from FunPub for the Transformers Club, and the theory that two of the BotCon toys this year have GIJoe homages... perhaps FunPub are already in the process of merging the two clubs to help prop up the shrinking GIJoe club & convention.
The annoying thing for members of either club is having toys released in the other club that are note easy to obtain without being a member.

tinyJazz
12th April 2015, 11:16 AM
so the repainted TF figure as a GI Joe Character is only available through the GI Joe club, and the repainted GI Joe vehicle as a TF character is only available through the TF Club.
Putting it that way it does make sense, but knowing how some TF completists are, that could be a bit frustrating for them.

Marissa and Old Snake look great though! I hope they do more TF human characters out of GI Joe figures. I'd like to see Raoul and Carly. :o

Krayt
12th April 2015, 11:39 AM
God damn it.... I knew they were going to release something TF in the Joe club! (Well feared....)

And too make it worse, looks like it has 2 Soundwaves.... 2 deluxes at club prices.... PRICEY!!!!

So.... We have any Joe club members here?

prjkt
12th April 2015, 11:51 AM
Photos (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/collectors-club-exclusive-old-snake-with-2-bats-revealed-at-gi-joe-con/32660/) of B.A.T.s and Joe figure. Quite like the look of the Sondwave redeco - very dark and bright at the same time. Don't have that mould yet, however also have no connection to the character(s) so this will be a pass for me.

griffin
12th April 2015, 12:03 PM
Pics from the GIJoe Con of the BAT & Old Snake toys (http://news.hisstank.com/2015/04/11/joecon-2015-g-i-joe-collectors-club-round-table-53416), that will be available through the GIJoe club.

It's a tricky thing to draw the line somewhere... after all, we've had several crossovers between the two brands in comics and cartoon, so it is only a matter of time before we get crossover toys. (we've had the three SDCC toys, but they were just as difficult to obtain as toys sold through the GIJoe club)
But where do they go?
Should the moulds stay in the Brand that they were originally used for, or should the moulds swap over when it fits a character that was only in the other Brand.

We have this Soundwave mould being labelled as a B.A.T. for the GIJoe club, but how is that any different to the Serpentor toy that the TFs Club is releasing this year? Why is one in one club, and one in the other? That would be like dressing up Cobra Commander in Megatron colours and selling it to the Transformers Club. Would we buy that, or criticise it for being lazy. (even though Hasbro did it for three years as SDCC exclusives - colouring GIJoe toys and figures in Transformers colours)

The Marissa toy coming this year sorta feels like a GIJoe toy because of the name and the mould, but if I recall, the character was never in anything GIJoe. She's as much of a Transformers character as a Spike or Daniel toy.
So I'm okay with that one. But what about Old Snake? It is based on a GIJoe character, but this version and name was only in Transformers (as far as I'm aware). It's not really within GIJoe canon because the Transformers and GIJoe cartoon never crossed over, only the Comic universe did. So Old Snake is as alien to GIJoe, as it would be selling a My Little Pony toy in Transformers packaging just because one was featured in the 2007 Movie.
So for Old Snake, I think it should be a Transformers Club toy, or at the very least, available to both (which it could end up being... especially if it comes with a "Soundwave" toy). My feeling is that this sort of "shared" exclusive might become more common, so that FunPub can manufacture more units to sell to both clubs.

I guess if Hasbro is getting in on the act (with their Generations Viper toy, being a blue Powerglide with Cobra logos on it), and those SDCC toys, why can't FunPub do it too..... arrrg, so much blending of the grey area... it's too much to process.

:p

Krayt
12th April 2015, 06:35 PM
Seibertron has a new article up about it, saying that the set will be available in both clubs...

HERE (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-galleries-old-snake-and-stealth-battle-android-troopers-from-the-transformers-collectors-club/32661/)

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th April 2015, 07:12 PM
It's a tricky thing to draw the line somewhere... after all, we've had several crossovers between the two brands in comics and cartoon
The easiest way would be making them available to both clubs, which it seems they are. After all its the same guys doing them both and since (I suspect) a fair bit of Transformers club money goes into propping up the GI Joe club, they'd have to be major dicks not to.

Despite the fact they are ALREADY major dicks :P

griffin
12th April 2015, 09:23 PM
Seibertron has a new article up about it, saying that the set will be available in both clubs...

HERE (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-galleries-old-snake-and-stealth-battle-android-troopers-from-the-transformers-collectors-club/32661/)

So that means three store exclusives this year, in addition to the 6 Subscription toys, membership toy and 15+ BotCon toys... they keep growing each year with their number of toys.

It isn't surprising to hear that they are being sold in both clubs, as I had guessed that it would allow them to produce and sell more units if their exclusives appeal to both clubs... especially as their numbers seem to be shrinking at both clubs.
Hopefully these are available at BotCon, so that I don't have to over-pay on their quoted postage rates.

I find it interesting to see Pete interacting a fair bit at Seibertron now, and a lot less at TFW2005... maybe after the grilling he got with his failed Q&A topic.

griffin
19th April 2015, 10:16 AM
Another exclusive gallery of Club toys at Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-galleries-club-exclusive-marissa-faireborn-with-afterbreaker/32705/)... this time Marissa Faireborn and Afterbreaker.
Yes, it looks like the name has changed, and probably due to legal or maybe Hasbro didn't want the name used by FunPub for a toy that may or may not be a Transformers character.
The recent issue of the magazine mentions the new name on the intro page, but I totally missed it.

Marissa is a "store" exclusive of the Club, along with Nova Prime... and the latest issue of the Magazine now suggests that they won't be on sale until the second half of the year. (hopefully they have some at BotCon, to save some of us postage)

dirge
19th April 2015, 11:39 AM
Starscream looks good. However, like G2 Ramjet before him, I don't think I can be bothered with the effort involved to get him - it's not like I don't have the mould!

Tarantulas's colours & tribute are awesome, thought the mould doesn't work for him for me.

BigTransformerTrev
20th April 2015, 09:45 AM
I'm liking the look of Fairborne more now that they have given her a jetpack/flamethrower thing with big guns. Might actually convince me to get her

prjkt
6th May 2015, 06:55 AM
Just got the email from Funpub, Nova Prime is now in their store and will be selling for US$59 (roughly AU$75 atm). I'll probably be placing my order by the end of the week, getting a few other things from them too, so if anyone wants me to get an extra Nova Prime (or anything from the Club store) let me know. I'd ask for another $10 to help with the rather high shipping cost though

Megatran
6th May 2015, 07:00 PM
Just got the email from Funpub, Nova Prime is now in their store and will be selling for US$59 (roughly AU$75 atm). I'll probably be placing my order by the end of the week, getting a few other things from them too, so if anyone wants me to get an extra Nova Prime (or anything from the Club store) let me know. I'd ask for another $10 to help with the rather high shipping cost though
I'll take up your kind offer for a Nova Prime. US$69 all up.

PM incoming.

griffin
9th May 2015, 08:00 PM
From twitter comes a couple of promo images (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tfcc-subscription-service-30-carzap-and-kreon-gb-blackrock-in-hand-images-182677/) of the Subscription Carzap and Kreo Blackrock set.

It was also noted by email last week that the first Subscription figure will be posted out in the next week or two, along with the 2015 Membership toy of LioConvoy (which should be posted together as only members can get the Subscription toys).

griffin
10th May 2015, 09:49 PM
Some people in America have already received their Nova Prime and posted a couple photos (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1041123-nova-prime-up-sale-club-store-post12522802.html).

Compared to other FunPub toys, I'm just not seeing much interest in this toy on any of the fansites, either because of its obscurity (a non-primary character in IDW comics) or from people now just avoiding FunPub as much as possible (so might get it from secondary sources or wait for it to go cheap)... so I wonder why they took the risk by having this one not made to order like the Subscription toys. I think it will be like Airazor and Cheetor, in that they will be floating around for years to come for cheap.

CHILENO20
10th May 2015, 10:00 PM

If still available, I'll take that offer too please 😊

UltraMarginal
11th May 2015, 11:44 AM
It doesn't grab me enough to justify the cost of a subscription, it does look good but not that good.

griffin
13th May 2015, 02:08 PM
Seibertron have posted up a gallery for Nova Prime (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/gallery/exclusives/nova-prime/3680/1/).

Photos of the box don't show any mention for who the spare spot is for... which might be just to keep the identity of the purple one secret a little longer.

UltraMarginal
13th May 2015, 03:18 PM
Seibertron have posted up a gallery for Nova Prime (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/gallery/exclusives/nova-prime/3680/1/).

Photos of the box don't show any mention for who the spare spot is for... which might be just to keep the identity of the purple one secret a little longer.

there also doesn't seem to be any space for a third bot in the box which makes the image a bit odd.

griffin
13th May 2015, 04:20 PM
That's why I was hoping the box would say that the spare spot is - for either "Lio Convoy" or "mystery bot"... but since it didn't, we don't get a reveal of who that character is yet.

Megatran
13th May 2015, 05:14 PM
That's it! MYSTERY BOT. :p

Sounds like a con job to me. Slap on a purple repaint and assign it a name. :rolleyes:

griffin
19th May 2015, 02:56 PM
FunPub sent out emails today to let people know that their first Subscription toy is on its way... so in two days time we should hear from American fans what the first figure is.

UltraMarginal
19th May 2015, 05:40 PM
huh, I haven't received one.
I wonder if not having a club membership anymore means you don't get emails for any of their services?

prjkt
19th May 2015, 06:27 PM
I haven't received that email either... Possibly they're emailing in batches?

reillyd
19th May 2015, 06:58 PM
I wonder if not having a club membership anymore means you don't get emails for any of their services?

Well I am a paid up member, and I didn't receive an email. Funpub, gotta love 'em eh?

griffin
19th May 2015, 07:26 PM
They are known to post things in batches, and they included a tracking number in my email this morning. They probably don't wait until all are posted as some people in America would receive it before they get the email.

griffin
21st May 2015, 04:37 PM
First toy is Carzap (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/first-transformers-subscription-service-figure-is-now-arriving-182783/) (with Blackrock Kreon).

griffin
22nd May 2015, 03:06 PM
More images of Carzap and the Kreo pack (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-collectors-club-subscription-service-30-carzap-with-gb-blackrock-now-arriving/32975/).

swoop
27th May 2015, 06:39 PM
My Carzap arrived today but no Lio convoy as yet.

Has anyone's Lio convoy arrived yet?

Krayt
27th May 2015, 07:26 PM
The tfss gets better shipping than the club toy, so another week or so yet

Krayt
1st June 2015, 11:48 AM
Anybody getting Carzap that doesn't want the cardboard box? min got squished :-(

UltraMarginal
2nd June 2015, 03:41 PM

I haven't received that email either... Possibly they're emailing in batches?

Well I am a paid up member, and I didn't receive an email. Funpub, gotta love 'em eh?

They are known to post things in batches, and they included a tracking number in my email this morning. They probably don't wait until all are posted as some people in America would receive it before they get the email.

Well I'm yet to receive a notification, I have searched through my email account.
Yesterday my first TFSS 3.0 figure turned up and today I picked it up from the Post Office. box a little smushed but everything appears to be OK on the inside.

MayzaPrime
2nd June 2015, 04:54 PM
Well I'm yet to receive a notification, I have searched through my email account.
Yesterday my first TFSS 3.0 figure turned up and today I picked it up from the Post Office. box a little smushed but everything appears to be OK on the inside.

I also received no email... but I am still yet to receive my Carzap...

;) I am hoping that after I post this and I get home he will be waiting for me to open :p

Megatran
8th June 2015, 10:15 PM
I'm after tech spec & instruction sheet for Nacelle & G2 Starscream if anyone is willing to sell (once subscription toys are available).

MayzaPrime
9th June 2015, 02:56 PM
I also received no email... but I am still yet to receive my Carzap...

;) I am hoping that after I post this and I get home he will be waiting for me to open :p

Surprisingly Carzap did arrive on the day that I posted the above comment :p

griffin
1st July 2015, 12:01 PM
Images of Tarantulas and Serpentor (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/30/tfss-3-0-tarantulas-and-serpent-o-r-new-in-hand-images-295201), from an Asian source.

SuspectimusPrime
1st July 2015, 12:41 PM
Images of Tarantulas and Serpentor (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/30/tfss-3-0-tarantulas-and-serpent-o-r-new-in-hand-images-295201), from an Asian source.

Tarantulas actually look a lot better and less garish than the original promotional image (http://popcritica.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/transformers-collectors-club-fss-3-tarantulas-preview.jpg). Using two Arms Microns to forma claw is brilliant - they should give you 4 of those AM's to have two claws.

On the other hand, Serpentor looks like a complete bait (http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Transformers-Collectors-Club-FSS-3-SerpentOR.jpg) and switch.

prjkt
1st July 2015, 01:28 PM
I know they used the Ratbat version of the mould to digibash the colour map, but that pale bronzy plastic and near fluoru green is a disappointment.

Tarantulus looks sweet though

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th July 2015, 09:42 AM
Man the SerpentOR just looks awful now. Tarantulas looks surprisingly good though.

What's Nacelle's bio like?